Tomwin Lannister
rincon
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Luca
Kaladin
37 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 3 Empty Re: Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Doc Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:12 pm

rincon wrote:Rafa won cups over a decade ago. Since then all he does is lose while playing particularly boring football.

I agree.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore - Page 3 Empty Re: Juve should not be considered an elite club anymore

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Didn't he just recently win the Coppa Italia with Napoli, something neither Sarri nor Conte have managed?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:24 pm

Technicalities
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:28 pm

It will be a individual downgrade, no matter who is replacing Alex Sandro. It has been said a dozen times in the Juve section.

If Sandro leaves for Chelsea, don't expect us to celebrate. It sucks to lose our best players year after year. But it's the club's philosophy, what can we do, cry ? I'd like to see my team become Juveal, with the sensation of the day at every position, and sadly this will never happen. Not the end of the world.

If we become shittier year after year then maybe it will be more of a big deal for the fans.

Maybe Marotta will commit a major mistake and buy a shit player that drags the whole team down in terms of performance. But i can't see this happening now. It's not like Sandro is our only great player and we are about to sell him for a dime and a dice...
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:50 pm

I think we touched this topic somewhere else already, but I 100% agree with ES on this one. It's getting ridiculously embarrassing that we are opening the gates for free robbery in the press. The only justifiable sale was Pogba.

Tells a lot about ambitions when you openly discuss the possibility of selling your top players. After that, I would also like to move on as a player.

It might be a club philosophy, but it definitely doesn't work.

Good article on this btw:
http://www.football-italia.net/104789/significance-selling-alex-sandro

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:24 pm

i've seen people say "well barcelona turned down x amount of dollars for messi" sandro, pogba, vidal, are not messi. someone like messi probably brings in more revenue for barcelona than 200 mill a team like psg would offer, hence why its smart not to sell. from a commercial standpoint it isn't smart. also, from a footballing standpoint, a replacement for him isn't the easiest thing to come by.

its not like juve have been trying to win the league for ten plus years and selling their best players ala arsenal. if they're not doing well domestically and selling, then its a problem. at the end of the day, there's the footballing side and the financial side. if they had a super elite player, i doubt they'd sell that easily. and some of these sales are beyond their control, so what matters at that point is, "if we can't hold on to said player, we'll sell for an absolutely ridiculous amount, whoever is a sucker will spend the cash"

the zidane or the baggio sales many years ago are totally different from any of these sales at present, totally different sales, circumstances and scenarios
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:28 pm

nothing wrong with what their doing, if you don't have the money to hold unto players and someone's offering you lobsters and shrimps for a piece of cheese burger, you take it and run. arsenal's dealings in the past couple of years is what should be considered foolish/lacking ambition, not juve.....
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:29 am

Juve have a projected revenue of "€550 million and with strong increases in operating profits and revenue." Gfo here with you can't afford keeping your players.

https://en.calcioefinanza.com/2017/05/31/juventus-budget-preview-revenue-e550-million-including-player-sales-champions-league-income/
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:04 am

i don't know what their budget is like, neither do i know what their debts are like, but just cos you have a billion dollars doesn't mean you can afford to give everyone on the payroll a wage increase just cause they ask for it. its not that straight forward. who knows what projects they plan on investing in in future and how that will affect finances. if they can trade their hamburger for steak and lobster, then why not?
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:58 pm

So Sandro is still around hmm
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:43 pm

Thats good then, and how it should be
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:52 am

Apparently Juve learned negotiating from Napoli, raise the asking price whenever the current one is met.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:12 am

Kick wrote:Apparently Juve learned negotiating from Napoli, raise the asking price whenever the current one is met.

Most recent reports suggest were nearly doubling his wages (deserved), and extending his contract... but that could change if an offer improves.

Who knows what will happen with Sandro to be honest. It's always a domino effect that one transfer in could mean a different one out.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:16 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:19 pm

Totally love PSG's ambition last season.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:33 pm

I'd love the full quote but I can't remember an ex player if any team being such a clown upon leaving, or rather so openly.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:35 pm

He complained during the season about how much order there was at Juve hmm
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:45 pm

So Sandro stays and Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi in .. Classic GJ jinx (:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Robespierre wrote:So Sandro stays and Douglas Costa and Bernardeschi in .. Classic GJ jinx (:

Not sure if this is a tactical GL jinx or genuine sadness hmm
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:43 pm

QSG tries soooooo hard to be relevant and prestigious, you can't deny their ambition.

But come on, get *bleep* Alves rofl
Winning Coupe de France and finish 2nd in the league is something Juve can do before breakfast. Sometimes i wonder, what did we do to him to deserve so much foolishness, maybe Beppe shagged his nonna ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:46 pm

Juventus means nothing special to Alves I don't know why you sound so offended he left you. The guy had the richest of careers at Barca, did it all, now he only lives for spontaneous experiences like Juventus, PSG. I can see him globetrotting his way to the USA, china etc... very soon. He has done it all he has nothing left to prove
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:49 pm

Offended he left ? In fact i celebrated his departure rofl

I've been personally destroying him all season long in the Juve section.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Warrior wrote:QSG tries soooooo hard to be relevant and prestigious, you can't deny their ambition.

But come on, get *bleep* Alves rofl
Winning Coupe de France and finish 2nd in the league is something Juve can do before breakfast. Sometimes i wonder, what did we do to him to deserve so much foolishness, maybe Beppe shagged his nonna ?
yeah you really don't sound salty yeah
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Not sure what you're trying to prove here man hmm

I have nothing to do but browse internet all day long, of course i was gonna comment that.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:03 pm

I have no issues with Alves taking shots at Jjuve, it should be written into EU law to be honest. But to say PSG, blowing a 4-0 lead PSG has more "ambition" than Jjuve, 2 time finalist in the same period they became insanely rich club. Well, I couldn't let that slide and neither should any self respecting Jjuve fan.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:23 pm

I don't think Warrior is mad that Alves left at all. With me, he was one of the ones to be VERY frustrated with him. Licht was a lot better than him through the season.

Its the fact that he acts like a 5 year old that's weird. One of the most unprofessional players I remember at Juve in a long time.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next