CBarca
Adit
Myesyats
40 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Donald Trump watch - Page 15 Empty Re: Donald Trump watch

Post by futbol Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:39 pm

Trump represents the average American pretty accurately IMO.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:53 pm

futbol wrote:Trump represents the average American pretty accurately IMO.

That is unfair though. I think Trump, and much of the media's portrayal of America as a whole, is basically America dialed to 11, average people are far less extreme in any direction. The country is accidentally satirizing itself. And when you have a two party system, it's hard to break out of that vicious cycle.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:56 pm

Donald Trump watch - Page 15 7ecf5f5853

Laughing

I am vindicated.

10 years ago when everybody was riding his nuts at my high school I remained lukewarm.

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:57 pm

I can respect his reasoning though. That we're all different individuals
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:17 pm

How does Kanye being an uncle Tom make his music less genius? hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:22 pm

I think Kanye's whole reasoning around this Trump election has been that it is what it is, and we might as well try to make the best out of our current situation.
He knows the end goal isn't Trump, it's just part of the process.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:26 pm

El Gunner wrote:I think Kanye's whole reasoning around this Trump election has been that it is what it is, and we might as well try to make the best out of our current situation.

Nah. Kanye's a god damn idiot. Full stop.

He's an idiot savant basically. He's a music version of Rain Man.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:26 pm

I also don't subscribe to the term Uncle Tom because it is a phrase that has changed connotation over a century. It's outdated, no place in our vocabulary and conscious stream anymore.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:27 pm

Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:I think Kanye's whole reasoning around this Trump election has been that it is what it is, and we might as well try to make the best out of our current situation.

I genuinely think you don't understand him.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:30 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Freeza wrote:

I genuinely think you don't understand him.

Sure.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:35 pm

Freeza wrote:How does Kanye being an uncle Tom make his music less genius? hmm

Because Kanye, like Miles Davis before him, is only a musical genius if you buy into the persona.

I had kids, with tears in their eyes, telling me that Kanye proved they didnt have to be a thug to be cool. Laughing . His fanbase bordered on absurd.

Realistically Kanye West is Drake except Drake didnt have his Taylor Swift/Katrina moment(yet). Easily sellable to the masses.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:46 pm

You need some art lessons, Betty.
The history books of 2200 will speak of him the way people wrote and spoke about Shakespeare.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:01 am

El Gunner wrote:You need some art lessons, Betty.
The history books of 2200 will speak of him the way people wrote and spoke about Shakespeare.

You mean in 200 years there'll be some old British dudes taking a monopoly on Kanye's works and act as if it wasn't written for commoners?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:30 am

El Gunner wrote:You need some art lessons, Betty.

The most important American artists(significantly) of last century Louis Armstrong is already virtually unknown to kids today. This was a man who made America a household name in terms of Music. Kanye will consigned to the backpages of history by the end of the 20's barring some catastrophic event in his life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:45 am

People saying kenye West is a music genius. Lordy lord rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:31 am

lmaoooo EG is on one

Kanye is an idiot, always has been. His music is pretty decent though.

I definitely subscribe to the idea that Kanye has kind developed a "cult of personality" of sorts among his fans. Which actually fits really well with all of this considering that's what Trump has done.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:42 am

CBarca wrote:lmaoooo EG is on one

Kanye is an idiot, always has been. His music is pretty decent though.

I definitely subscribe to the idea that Kanye has kind developed a "cult of personality" of sorts among his fans. Which actually fits really well with all of this considering that's what Trump has done.

You’re just not smart enough to understand him
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:34 am

Betty La Fea wrote:

Because Kanye, like Miles Davis before him, is only a musical genius if you buy into the persona.

I had kids, with tears in their eyes, telling me that Kanye proved they didnt have to be a thug to be cool. Laughing . His fanbase bordered on absurd.

Realistically Kanye West is Drake except Drake didnt have his Taylor Swift/Katrina moment(yet). Easily sellable to the masses.

I don’t see Drake as anywhere near as egotistical or outspoken as Kanye West is, rather the opposite

Kanye in music is mostly great and fashion too. As a person, I’d be hard pressed to find a more unstable human. His tweets are maniacal and when he rants I feel genuine concern (and interest)

Anyways, plenty of artists are mega cucks. At least his music is a redeeming quality, usually

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:22 am

Luca wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

I don’t see Drake as anywhere near as egotistical or outspoken as Kanye West is, rather the opposite

Kanye in music is mostly great and fashion too. As a person, I’d be hard pressed to find a more unstable human. His tweets are maniacal and when he rants I feel genuine concern (and interest)

Anyways, plenty of artists are mega cucks. At least his music is a redeeming quality, usually

Drake does the singing,rap,dancing that Kanye does. I also think he is egotistical. This is a guy who, with a straight face, raps that he started from the bottom when he was on one of the most popular children's shows of our generation and grew up in one of the most affluent neighborhoods in all of Canada. To be honest, and this might just be me remembering degrassi, but he is somewhat more likable than Kanye ended up being....But even Kanye was likable when he was Drake's age so the future remains to be seen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:30 am

Yeah, not really seeing the parallel you’re drawing between rapping about starting from the bottom and being an egomaniac going on ridiculous rants about his own genius

I mean, the irony is not lost on me and that trash song doesn’t necessarily have to mean poor to rich but his own journey to success. There was a time he was an unknown wanna be artist (bottom) that no one took seriously, which is the case for virtually all artists, to the point of fame, riches and all the spoils but yeah, because he had a middle class upbringing it’s more like started from the middle

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:36 am

808s and Heartbreaks was probably the last album I really liked from Kanye. He just got too weird and eccentric for me to keep up. The Pablo album was not particularly good to me either. He's had some decent cameos on some tracks, but that's about it. His star is on the wane unfortunately, like others in his generation.

That said, I don't think anyone should be surprised that just like any other celebrity, rappers can be out of touch and tone-deaf too. They're not exempt from it just because some of them came from nothing. There's a reason Kendrick Lamar won a Pulitzer and Kanye's best known these days as Kim's husband Laughing. One has stayed really grounded, the other has given over entirely to decadence.

If Kanye wants to support Trump, that's his right. He'd be on the wrong side of history, of course, but I doubt he cares at this point. It's the most blatant hallmark of a Trump supporter after all: Not caring about the consequences of ones actions.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:36 pm

I genuinely, genuinely believe he is the most important musical figure of our generation. Kanye has had such a huge impact on mainstream music and more specifically hip-hop music's trajectory this century. Unlike most mainstream artists, Kanye is spiritual in his creativity. The only one that matches him now is Kendrick. Kanye however has the egocentricity and drive to promote change, and his actions are of someone that is consistent in knocking down the sociopolitical systems we live in and freeing ourselves psychologically. It's hard for the life of a celebrity out there, but he has done his best to cope with it in his way, and still remain who he really is. I don't agree with everything he says, but he is just his own individual as well, his own childhood, sociopolitical environment, etc. But he has a spiritual beat in our vast universe which is unique, and one of admirable qualities, if only the certain connotations we place on words we describe him as are washed away. And the greater forces out there will work in such a way that he will be more recognised in a cult-like status in the late 2020s/early 2030s, and then finally when our world becomes more socially just and the black man and woman have regained their dignity and status, then in history books, his beat, his being will be celebrated more in the history books of those years about 200 years from now, the point I mentioned earlier.

It's not about intellectual capacity lol Freeza, it's on a deeper level of intuition that's all, and I mean no offense or disrespect when I say perhaps you just don't understand him.

I would like for you guys just to read up further, not just to take it from me.

https://medium.com/@lanpaje/in-defense-of-kanye-west-the-most-important-artist-of-the-21st-century-3dd4611ac8ef

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/7385049/miike-snow-kanye-west-most-important-artist

https://genius.com/discussions/84496-I-need-help-elaborating-why-kanye-west-is-so-influential

https://quartzy.qz.com/1133083/basking-in-the-beethoven-like-genius-of-kanye-west/

https://qz.com/94197/kanye-west-is-even-more-important-that-kanye-west-thinks-really/

or take it from the people that have worked with him personally, that follows the same career path as him in life, so many of them, unlike us who are not in the same path of life, have called him a genius, so one would think they know some things more than us.

Then take it from music scholar, Cole Cushna. First of all, his podcast is just incredible, he's still small, but his podcast has gained many plaudits like making top 10 podcasts of the year. He analyses My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy track for track, but also cements it in context of who Kanye is as a person, and his life around the time of making and releasing this album. If not for learning more about Kanye, just listen to this incredible musical scholarly podcast https://dissectpodcast.com/2017/08/01/dissect-is-back-with-season-2/
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Russell summed up Trump perfectly, nobody should care about what Kanye thinks or says

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:55 pm

Myesyats wrote:Russell summed up Trump perfectly, nobody should care about what Kanye thinks or says

tbh i dont think people should care what a former junkie like brand has to say either.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:58 pm

Kanye West is a clown. That's his whole thing, being a clown and an entertainer with either little understanding of much else besides music, or just little morality.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:00 pm

rincon wrote:Kanye West is a clown
you have to be a clown to marry a kardashian tbh. Laughing
Unique
Unique