Mr Nick09
VanDeezNuts
Doc
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
23 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

CL R16: Real Madrid - Paris Saint Germain Empty CL R16: Real Madrid - Paris Saint Germain

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:50 am

Let's cometh at them shall we ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

CL R16: Real Madrid - Paris Saint Germain Empty Re: CL R16: Real Madrid - Paris Saint Germain

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:35 pm

Their attack is the only thing that scares me. If they defend like they did against Bayern, I think we'll win. Ronaldo just got to hit top form because if he struggles then we are screwed

Neither Neymarketing nor Mbappe defend particularly well which is good for us
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

CL R16: Real Madrid - Paris Saint Germain Empty Re: CL R16: Real Madrid - Paris Saint Germain

Post by Doc Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:56 pm

I mean, this isn't that easy but definitely prefer them over City. Anyway, besides their front 3 which is gonna cause panic attacks towards most of us, we have all the tools to beat them. Hopefully Ronaldo gets into God mode by then.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:15 pm

I quite like this draw, they are one of the best teams we could have drawn, but the weaknesses they have in defense are exactly what we need to have a chance at winning the tie.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:16 pm

And it would be quite poetic to knock out the team that beat us to Mbappe

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:03 pm

We should be worried but this team in CL... I’m not worried

Only downside would be getting Emery fired
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:08 pm

Apparently bale is rumored to being benched for isco

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:27 pm

I sure hope not, their defensive flanks are definitely their weak spot. Bale would surely be a better fit, no?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 pm

He would be. Zidane is mental if he does this

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:55 pm

I would be lying to you if I didn't tell you I'm quite worried here.

It's not that PSG are insanely strong, they're definitely not. But we struggled badly against Spurs in the CL and then quite a bit in the league against pretty much every single team, so you could imagine why I might come across a little wary of this tie.

I hope we don't get knocked out, honestly, because it would an absolute disaster to get eliminated from all three competitions in mid-February.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:48 pm

Astonishing flipping astoniahing how he can never get benched.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:52 pm

Emery lost his mind Laughing

We got this.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:03 pm

Sports, my dearest dear of dears, I could have sworn Di Maria was the "in form" midfielder and he would have surely start. Lo Celso and Raboit to support Veratti in midfield? That's...that's different especially since you know Madrid would obviously have the better midfielders.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:09 pm

If our strikers didn't suck so bad, I wouldn't even be worried... but there's always the chance that we won't be able to hit the side of a barn.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:11 pm

Real Madrid have shown that they have a tendency to raise their level during the important clashes in recent years. Let's hope they do it again tonight Molenation

Kimpembe and Locelso Laughing Their current lineup is less than optimal. I hope we seize this opportunity.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:33 pm

Fantastic game so far, sad to see them scoring one away goal though Sad
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:35 pm

Yeah, great game so far. Ronaldo should have at least been 2 goals to the good but whatever. Fine midfield display from Modric except for the fact he didn't track Raboit at all for his goal.

Um, Casemiro is definitely a weak link in this midfield.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:38 pm

We nneed right winger out there to help Nacho, he iz alone against both neymar and Berchie. Lucas por favor. We are doing very well in the middle, just the final bll that's been poor and we are defending poorly in the middle. Modric has been poo defensively, that goal is on him
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:40 pm

Bale pls play
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:46 pm

Could have been a lot worse to be honest, and if it ends 1-1 I would take it. I have more confidence we can get goals away from home than at the Bernabeu.

Crazy how Bale isn't playing tbh, maybe it is an injury or maybe he is being saved for tired legs- either way it better pay off because our finishing again has been poor.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:51 pm

Well that turned out better than i thought. Nice subs

Still our defending left alot to be desired, we need to start with wingers in the away leg. Their weak points are their wings, if we can get Lucas and Asensio to run behind them we are going to do well on the counters

Never seen bigger quitters though than PSG, they totally lost all belief after our second goal
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:57 pm

Tie is far from over though. We know PSG have the firepower to score 2+ goals.

The only way I will start to feel confident is if we get the first goal in Paris.

but yeah, the scoreline really flattered us- they should have had a penalty for the Ramos handball and Ronaldo fouled on his second goal. I'll take it, but I sure hope we don't get complacent, because like I said, the draw is far from over.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:00 pm

To my surprise Zidane made the right subs for once.

I agree with those who say that the tie is far from over. But it feels good for a change to see us bounce back after that dreadful first half.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Defensively, PSG are a wreck. No heart. Lo Celso as the holding mid was doomed for failure too.

To boot, you bring on Meunier and the most in-form player, Di Maria, is left on the bench. Not to mention taking out the only true 9 on the team in Cavani.

Emery is horrible.

I knew we could do it. Told y all.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 pm

I don't think he's dumb enough to make the same mistakes in the return leg. Expect a different and stronger lineup in the return leg.

Seriously, this tie is far, far from over, especially with their away goal. But let's be honest, the team played very well in the second half to bounce back. Not to mention that the subs Zidane made were spot on and helped us a lot.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next