RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Hapless_Hans
27 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Jadon Sancho - the new Messi - Page 3 Empty Re: Jadon Sancho - the new Messi

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:07 pm

Reading up old posts is often pretty amusing Very Happy The New Messi... but then I guess we have had countless of those over the yrs Razz

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:11 pm

Firenze wrote:He isn't PL material, simple as

Can't even do fundamental stuff correctly, has zero pace, can't dribble, can't pass, can't shoot, can't beat a man, obviously no defensive capabilities

He's also on absurd wages, nobody will come close to matching them, I'm not sure where he will end up later in his career but he has to start over again, can see him being at a Forest or Fulham I guess but as I always suspected he's a Bundesfraud (few live up to the hype outside of the league)

Yeah, it's true, but I really can't make sense of that decline. I made a comment in the other Sancho thread where I pointed out that I imagined he would struggle without being the main man with freedom to roam, like he had at Dortmund. But I never would've expected his dribbling ability to just... evaporate like that. That was his most obvious, sustainable talent.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:12 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Reading up old posts is often pretty amusing Very Happy The New Messi... but then I guess we have had countless of those over the yrs Razz

Yeah, I've lost count of those comparisons. Eden Hazard used to be described as the new CR7 when he was playing for Lille Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:06 pm

Thimmy wrote:

Can't even do fundamental stuff correctly, has zero pace, can't dribble, can't pass, can't shoot, can't beat a man, obviously no defensive capabilities

He's also on absurd wages, nobody will come close to matching them, I'm not sure where he will end up later in his career but he has to start over again, can see him being at a Forest or Fulham I guess but as I always suspected he's a Bundesfraud (few live up to the hype outside of the league)

Yeah, it's true, but I really can't make sense of that decline. I made a comment in the other Sancho thread where I pointed out that I imagined he would struggle without being the main man with freedom to roam, like he had at Dortmund. But I never would've expected his dribbling ability to just... evaporate like that. That was his most obvious, sustainable talent.

Probably a lot to do with confidence. Dribbling, shooting, and beating a man are things that need a level of confidence to have the audacity, so once the confidence goes, so do those things. Passing though should be a basic skill, even if only limiting it to the simple passes

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:23 pm

Nivash wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

Probably a lot to do with confidence. Dribbling, shooting, and beating a man are things that need a level of confidence to have the audacity, so once the confidence goes, so do those things. Passing though should be a basic skill, even if only limiting it to the simple passes

I agree, but it's still odd how incredible fast he went from arguably being among the top dribblers in Europe, to not looking like he can dribble at all. It's not like he was only a good dribbler in the Bundesliga, he did it in the Champions League as well. And now, all of a sudden, he's a dud in that regard. His passing ability was never quite.. tangible, in my opinion. I think I pointed that out in my post from 2 years ago.

Jadon Sancho - the new Messi - Page 3 Skjer101
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:34 pm

I doubt my sanity and football understanding because of players like Sancho, Havertz, Werner, Martial. I desperately wanted them at Liverpool Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:36 am

there's nothing wrong with you, Helmer, if these players exhibit potential and quality in one league only to come and flop in another, it happens.

recently i've wanted Trossard, it happened, and he has been one of our best players, only for Arteta to end up treating him like a street dog...

now i also want Pedro Neto as Saka backup.

always better to go for proven talent in your own league... "GOAT league proven" is a real thing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Sep 05, 2023 8:42 am

Arteta fucked Trossard, didn't he
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:48 am

Druski-WhatDoYouMeanByThat.mp4
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:03 pm

I had a laugh reading some of the old posts comparing hi to Messi. I remember those days a few years back when we all thought that he would become one of England's best players in the World. How wrong we all were.

He should move away from Man U if he wants to revive his career. It's not going at all well there for him, and he's not even being picked for the first team right now. If he goes to smaller Premier League team, then he can have a fresh start there, start matches, then build his way up from there
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Sep 21, 2023 2:59 pm

Surely it's in the head i can't believe he lost his football at 23 years old. Ten Hag seems to appreciate clashing with players unless they come from Eredivisie. Anyways i'd give Sancho a chance at Juve without hesitation.

50M done deal Thumbs up
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:34 pm

Nah keep the money. By the way things are going you can get him on a free in January if certain reports are to be believed. The club will be happy to just wash their hands off and his disgusting wages it looks like. A mutual termination ala Cronaldo is a real possibility.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:40 pm

I would take him on a free honestly, sounds like a market opportunity for a certain broke club.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3