Warrior
Luca
rincon
Robespierre
S
45 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours 2018/19 - Page 24 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 2018/19

Post by rincon Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:42 pm

Its a good thing midfield is not the only thing that matters and we've done better than when we had Marchisio as 4th choice. Its good to dream about infinite money though.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours 2018/19 - Page 24 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours 2018/19

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:43 pm

Luca wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:120 mil for him is a fair price

The max a club will pay for him is a fair price to be honest

Best sell him now then because after no WC and another CL flop campaign he'll be maxed out at 60M.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:44 pm

rincon wrote:Its a good thing midfield is not the only thing that matters and we've done better than when we had Marchisio as 4th choice. Its good to dream about infinite money though.

Personally I think our 2015 CL final team was better.

Even if not, infinite money lol.

Spending 30M/season net for a couple of years despite getting the lions share of CL revenue due to 4th place always failing to qualify is not the only alternative to PSG level spending is it?

We could have easily got another midfield player or two without spending half as much as the big boys.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:47 pm

rincon wrote:Its a good thing midfield is not the only thing that matters and we've done better than when we had Marchisio as 4th choice. Its good to dream about infinite money though.

You crazy lol, you don't win CL without an elite midfield unless you have Messi.

It's literally the reason Madrid shit all over you now and you knocked them out when you had a midfield.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:50 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:

Personally I think our 2015 CL final team was better.

Even if not, infinite money lol.

Spending 30M/season net for a couple of years despite getting the lions share of CL revenue due to 4th place always failing to qualify is not the only alternative to PSG level spending is it?

We could have easily got another midfield player or two without spending half as much as the big boys.

Lets see, when we had MVPP we got 3 scudettos, 0 coppas, a CL QF, CL group stage, CL final. After them we got 3 scudettos, 3 coppas, CL R16, CL QF, CL final. Scoring more goals than ever, with better defensive records.

How much money is enough? I don't know what you mean by half as much as the big boys unless the big boys are City and PSG. Otherwise its nonsense. We don't spend less than Bayern or Madrid, not for a while now.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

You crazy lol, you don't win CL without an elite midfield unless you have Messi.

It's literally the reason Madrid shit all over you now and you knocked them out when you had a midfield.

What about my post implies that? did we win the CL with the midfield we used to have? We didn't then, we didn't now, what's happened in between is that we now win more, go further in tournaments, and score more.

We don;t have blank checks and unlimited supplies of Pirlos. Develeopment and growth is no instant.

Last edited by rincon on Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:53 pm

You got to the final, which is a damn sight better than you will with this team.

Quite clearly as far as CL concerned it is EVERYTHING.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You got to the final, which is a damn sight better than you will with this team.

Quite clearly as far as CL concerned it is EVERYTHING.

You realize we also got to a final without MVPP right? last year. With them we also crashed in the group stage.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:56 pm

Well yeah no shit our early days Conte team wasn't as good. Because MVPP had Peluso, Padoin Matri, Vucinic, Quagliarella etc playing. But when we got a half decent strike pairing and changed our wing backs a bit we go on to beat Real Madrid and narrowly lose to a great Barcelona team with even a questionable penalty call at 1-1

How much money is enough? Well ideally we'd outspend Swansea when we have a gaping hole in midfield and our players are mostly injury prone, past it or both.

Madrid don't need to break the bank, they're the finished article because they already did break the bank numerous seasons leading up to that.

Take your pick of who I mean by big boys. Hell throw recent times United and Chelsea in there.

Our net spend is embarrassing, it's fine to penny pinch when there's no obvious flaws in the team. We lose *bleep* Vidal - Pogba - Bonucci and Alves over a few seasons and we replace them with Pjanic (Fine) Higuain (Good attempt at improving the attack) Matuidi (Lmao) Khedira (Lmao) De Sciglio and Howedes ( rofl )

We have literally one physical midfielder unless you count our 11th choice RB Sturaro. And he's 30, technically average and he's tiny. How can that compensate for Pogba and Vidal.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:56 pm

Some crack here celebrating ASDA Scudettos on the counter, i’d be ashamed.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:57 pm

Last year's was better than this year though, I didn't say it's been shite since Pirlo left just this year.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:57 pm

rincon wrote:

Lets see, when we had MVPP we got 3 scudettos, 0 coppas, a CL QF, CL group stage, CL final. After them we got 3 scudettos, 3 coppas, CL R16, CL QF, CL final. Scoring more goals than ever, with better defensive records.

How much money is enough? I don't know what you mean by half as much as the big boys unless the big boys are City and PSG. Otherwise its nonsense. We don't spend less than Bayern or Madrid, not for a while now.
not sure if this is how youshould be analyzing things. MVP was superior to the midfield you have today and put you in a better situation to win the CL imo, even if your team achieved about as much without them, i think that's because you signed better attacking talent with a team that retained the same amount of disciplined.

Also regarding the spending, our team was made years ago, like Bayern's. we dont sign to revamp we sign to cover gaps but the core was established a long time ago.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:59 pm

Yes Nick those stats are massively skewed by the fact our GOAT midfield had literal Serie A flops playing serious minutes alongside them.

And our policy of ruining one area of the pitch to improve another was never going to work forever.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:59 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Well yeah no shit our early days Conte team wasn't as good. Because MVPP had Peluso, Padoin Matri, Vucinic, Quagliarella etc playing. But when we got a half decent strike pairing and changed our wing backs a bit we go on to beat Real Madrid and narrowly lose to a great Barcelona team with even a questionable penalty call at 1-1

How much money is enough? Well ideally we'd outspend Swansea when we have a gaping hole in midfield and our players are mostly injury prone, past it or both.

Madrid don't need to break the bank, they're the finished article because they already did break the bank numerous seasons leading up to that.

Take your pick of who I mean by big boys. Hell throw recent times United and Chelsea in there.

Our net spend is embarrassing, it's fine to penny pinch when there's no obvious flaws in the team. We lose *bleep* Vidal - Pogba - Bonucci and Alves over a few seasons and we replace them with Pjanic (Fine) Higuain (Good attempt at improving the attack) Matuidi (Lmao) Khedira (Lmao) De Sciglio and Howedes ( rofl )

We have literally one physical midfielder unless you count our 11th choice RB Sturaro. And he's 30, technically average and he's tiny. How can that compensate for Pogba and Vidal.

Most of those opinions are fine and some I agree with. What's the need to lie about spending though? you are hiding your argument between something so easily proven as fake.

The argument would be about disagreeing how the money is spent and how Marotta runs the club. Because sure as hell we are outspending Swansea. What's embarrassing is not the spending, which is pretty much as high as possible, its that line of thought.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:03 pm

Our net spend these last two Summers has been attrocious. And yeah if you look at the figures you'll certainly see a LOT of clubs way below us in revenue figures outspend us. Again, net.

Sure it looks like we're spending just fine when you ignore the multitude of expensive sales we've used to offset the cost.

Iirc Swansea genuinely did outspend us for net spend either last Summer or the one prior to that.

I seriously do not think we're investing into the team close to our capabilities. Nobody is asking for a Neymar, but if we have glaring weaknesses in the team, we should be addressing them.

A club with our revenue shouldn't be rotating a broken Lichtsteiner, MDS and Sturaro in the CL. We shouldn't be fielding Bentancur as a RM against Barca because of a few injuries and we shouldn't be pawning off our midfield to fund our attack.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:07 pm

Why are y’all having these silly ass arguments.

Obviously our midfield was better in 2015. Obviously our attack and defence is better now, we even have a better team than we did last season but we played better last season.

You’re also forgetting that in 2015 our main piece was Pirlo. A generational talent who was already in his 30s. He was irreplaceable and there’s no player on the market between 2015 and now that anywhere near resemble Pirlo, our best player and midfielder. We compensated by going through the attack, heavily, Higuain, Dybala, Bernardeschi, Costa, Cuadrado, Pjaca. There’s no lack of investment, 200+ M on the players I just listed versus a midfield that was signed for 12M (our 2015 midfield).

Rincon’s point is a right one. I think we’re victim of remembering the past more fondly than the present. And we certainly accomplished more post Pirlo than with him which, any way you cut it, is a good transition from a player that makes your team what it is.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
rincon wrote:

not sure if this is how youshould be analyzing things. MVP was superior to the midfield you have today and put you in a better situation to win the CL imo, even if your team achieved about as much without them, i think that's because you signed better attacking talent with a team that retained the same amount of disciplined.

Also regarding the spending, our team was made years ago, like Bayern's. we dont sign to revamp we sign to cover gaps but the core was established a long time ago.

Obviously that's a hugely superior midfield. Now, how do you think we've managed to sign better attacking talent, better fullbacks, better every other thing? Because of growth, planning and taking opportunities.

Sometimes it seems that people forget that 6 years ago we couldn't spend 30m for a player. Our cap was 25m. We couldn't do half the things we do now. In the last few seasons we didn't fall into 1 billion euros to throw around. Our finances are public. We don't play in the PL nor do we have a Sheikh or a Messi. How many clubs do we have to see go under in Serie A before we understand that things have to be sustainable? Milan, Inter, Napoli, Parma, Palermo, etc.

We didn't build MVPP we a checkbook, because we couldn't. Pirlo and Pogba were free, Marchisio is our youth player and Vidal was 17m. If there were similar opportunities in the market I have no doubt that Marotta would try to go for them. Everyone even laughs that Marotta going for freebies, well that's how he built that midfield.

Now we can sign 50m players, 90m players, but not without being careful about finances because sadly money is not infinite.

Its being spoiled. Fans are too quick to forget the times of bidding 25m for Aguero, getting snubbed by Berbatov and having to settle for Quagliarella.

Last edited by rincon on Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:08 pm

P.S I meant Everton I was thinking of the Swansea lad that left to Everton for like 40M
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:12 pm

The problem is, regardless of how we got there we found ourselves in an amazing position in 2015 and we were maybe 2 key signings away from building a dream team. Instead we chop and change the team and before you know it we've swapped a World Class midfield for a World Class (On paper, not reality imo) attack with no midfield to feed it

Nobody can convince me over the last 3 Summers we couldn't have made an effort to buy a key player with our finances without funding it by selling big.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:15 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:P.S I meant Everton I was thinking of the Swansea lad that left to Everton for like 40M

You can mean Swansea or Everton, its still wrong.

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
I seriously do not think we're investing into the team close to our capabilities. Nobody is asking for a Neymar, but if we have glaring weaknesses in the team, we should be addressing them.

A club with our revenue shouldn't be rotating a broken Lichtsteiner, MDS and Sturaro in the CL. We shouldn't be fielding Bentancur as a RM against Barca because of a few injuries and we shouldn't be pawning off our midfield to fund our attack.

Look at our revenue, where we are placed in europe, then look at our transfer budget.

I can tell you what you will find as I already did it before: it makes sense, we are not spending less than clubs with similar revenue as us, we usually spend more than our financial competitors.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:19 pm

No lol

Everton comfortably outspent us by net spend this Summer

Which is fine if we have no obvious flaws.

But our midfield was clearly *bleep*.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Sure this summer. That's not really representative though, seasons are financial islands. Go back in recent history, look at the big picture and see.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:27 pm

Yes our spending was great back when our management was largely bad. Now that we've fast tracked ourselves back to being a top 8 club in the CL our spending has all but vanished

From figures I've found quickly searching, it appears we spent just over 21,000,000 euros this Summer. I can't drink the kool aid that after all we got from the CL and everything else, we looked at our squad with a departing Bonucci and Alves, and our underwhelming midfield and decided that 20M euros was the best we could do.

That's awful, it's absolutely shit and I can't buy any other positive spin on that.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:30 pm

That's not including Costa who was an extra 40m.

Again, we can whatever we want, the amount of money is what it is.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:33 pm

Don't even think we've paid for that yet, that will be next summers budget.

At the end of the day if we think we can stop spending now and get by on 20M Summers then i'll see you in the Europa league if we draw an English team I guess Laughing
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:39 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Don't even think we've paid for that yet, that will be next summers budget.

At the end of the day if we think we can stop spending now and get by on 20M Summers then i'll see you in the Europa league if we draw an English team I guess Laughing

Its an obligation to sign Costa. Doesn't matter in which season you place it, the deal is made and his expenses are factored in to what we can spend going forward.

Its not a good thing but its reality, big(ger) money coming into football has shaken things.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next