RealGunner
BarrileteCosmico
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S
Firenze
40 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 9 - The End - Page 26 Empty Re: Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 9 - The End

Post by Firenze Wed May 02, 2018 2:08 pm

Those stats are impressive and all Nasir but the average non-City fan will never know about them. 2 seasons from now unless this City side keeps up the dominance nobody will remember it like they do the Arsenal invincibles or Fergie's United sides. At least that's what I think. You don't have the media fawning over this City like those teams at the time. It's hard to argue objectively that this City team isn't among the best PL teams ever, looking at those stats however.

Being annihilated by Pool in the CL will have done no favours though for City though, in terms of legacy, compared to if it had been a foreign team.

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 9 - The End - Page 26 Empty Re: Premier League 17-18 Discussion Part 9 - The End

Post by Nishankly Wed May 02, 2018 2:47 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcMiutBX4AAYWH5.jpg
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed May 02, 2018 2:53 pm

now post trophies won since June 2014 pls
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 02, 2018 3:03 pm

Firenze wrote:now post trophies won since June 2014 pls

The ones above the 150m mark would be the only ones having it then hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Nishankly wrote:

Leicester don't count then hmm Poor excuse tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

Make that above 113m then hmm
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 02, 2018 3:19 pm

Nishankly wrote:

excuse for what. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

excuse for what. scratch

For not winning anything after spending 400m
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 3:22 pm

Money, everyone has money and i'm sick of hearing about it tbh.

If you think the reason City won the league so easily this year is because of who they bought this summer then more power to you.

But the reality is somewhat different, unless of course you actually believe Kyle Walker and Ederson had a bigger impact than Salah, Matic, Lukaku, Lacazette and Morata.

To believe that would make you somewhat insane though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 02, 2018 3:25 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Money, everyone has money and i'm sick of hearing about it tbh.

If you think the reason City won the league so easily this year is because of who they bought this summer then more power to you.

But the reality is somewhat different, unless of course you actually believe Kyle Walker and Ederson had a bigger impact than Salah, Matic, Lukaku, Lacazette and Morata.

if clubs can win titles without spending crazy money it makes you wonder why they do it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 02, 2018 3:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Money, everyone has money and i'm sick of hearing about it tbh.

Money allows them to have a bigger pool to choose from, Matic and Lukaku are also from teams who can retain their top players.

Even if Liverpool has money we can't do shit, No one will join us, So we have to make do with top players from similar midtable clubs.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Nishankly wrote:

Money allows them to have a bigger pool to choose from, Matic and Lukaku are also from teams who can retain their top players.

Even if Liverpool has money we can't do shit, No one will join us, So we have to make do with top players from similar midtable clubs.
of course money is why city are where they are today. do you think pep would have joined city if they had stokes budget. im guessing no.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 02, 2018 3:30 pm

But the reality is somewhat different, unless of course you actually believe Kyle Walker and Ederson had a bigger impact than Salah, Matic,  Lukaku, Lacazette and Morata.

Also two clubs outta 3 who have dominated the PL started dominating after Money was pumped in. Not sure what you saying tbh, Money is everything. Salah leaving Liverpool for Madrid for 200m and Liverpool replacing him with Tadic 60m will be the next example.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 3:37 pm

Get out of here Laughing

You spent like 40m on Oxlade *bleep* Chamberlain and like 80m on *bleep* Van Dijk.

Nobody in the top 6 has the right to complain about money, you all spend 100s of millions every *bleep* year.

There's a point when it gets to diminishing returns, like i said the only players from City who actually had an impact this season were a goalkeeper and a right back ( one who everyone says was overrated when he was at Spurs)

But i'm supposed to believe money is the reason they went from 4th to runaway record breaking champions.

Righto, stop crying and get good please.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 02, 2018 3:40 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Get out of here Laughing

You spent like 40m on Oxlade *bleep* Chamberlain and like 80m on *bleep* Van Dijk.

Nobody in the top 6 has the right to complain about money, you all spend 100s of millions every *bleep* year.

There's a point when it gets to diminishing returns, like i said the only players from City who actually had an impact this season were a goalkeeper and a right back ( one who everyone says was overrated when he was at Spurs)

But i'm supposed to believe money is the reason they went from 4th to runaway record breaking champions.

would city have won the stuff they have or be where they are today without the oil money yes or no.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 02, 2018 3:46 pm

Im not saying we don't spend, Factual evidence posted just above by me. I'm saying we can't retain or sign top players even if we have that much money IMO

We spent 80m on VVD, Yet 4 of the 5 players on the back still don't deserve to start.

Look at who City signed and tell me Liverpool would stand a chance to sign them even if we had money lmao

I get where you're at but its fairly obvious money and success always goes hand in hand. Guardiola alone pockets a salary of 20m an year while Klopp is at 7m.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 3:47 pm

Irony here is, the one person on this forum who actually has a right to complain about money.

I.E. Me, because we have a owner who refuses to allow the club to spend it's own money doesn't tells me how pathetic you all are when it comes to this tbh.

None of you have a leg to stand on, 80m on a CB who can't defend and you complaining rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 02, 2018 3:49 pm

FFS well I come from a nation that refuses to spend money on the sport so i win :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 3:50 pm

Nishankly wrote:FFS well I come from a nation that refuses to spend money on the sport so i win :coffee:

And when it comes to National football you are the only one who gets to complain tbh hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 02, 2018 3:52 pm

On the real though, why are you such hipsters.

80M on a defender who can't defend, 40m on a winger to play him in midfield and whatever you spent on Firmino to play him upfront when he's clearly a DM.

I'd start to question your transfer strategy if i was you tbh hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 02, 2018 3:53 pm

Nishankly wrote:FFS well I come from a nation that refuses to spend money on the sport so i win :coffee:

And when it comes to National football you are the only one who gets to complain tbh hmm

I am allowed to translate my issues through club football as well pls. Benitez is a god with a shoe string budget, I remember when we sold 6 players to recoup a 20m Torres fee. Good times.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 02, 2018 3:54 pm

Unique wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Get out of here Laughing

would city have won the stuff they have or be where they are today without the oil money yes or no.
@mole ???
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed May 02, 2018 3:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:On the real though, why are you such hipsters.

80M on a defender who can't defend, 40m on a winger to play him in midfield and whatever you spent on Firmino to play him upfront when he's clearly a DM.

I'd start to question your transfer strategy if i was you tbh hmm

Its Klopp, Internal solutions rather than external. Couldn't sign a Right back, shifted Milner there. Couldn't sign Dahoud? Shifted Hendo to DM and bought Wijnaldum.

He's a fraud and needs to go back to the 1920s when this was acceptable imo
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 02, 2018 4:02 pm

so basically what mole is saying is he cant understand why clubs like alaves are not winning more champions lges than madrid. or why mainz are letting bayern win all these titles Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed May 02, 2018 4:17 pm

Nish and Unique. Guarantee you that City would have great Net Spending if they switched from their goal of winning trophies to being a Selling Club in a decade long trophy drought. Seriously Iheanacho was our highest sold players at 20-25m that tells you all you need to know. Give me -500m Net spending and trophies Vs. the trophy drought that Pool and Spurs are currently in and Positive net spending. If you only sell scrubs and flops you usually won't have positive or low net spending numbers.

YES OIL MONEY MADE CITY COMPETITIVE AND REASON FOR THE TROPHIES. No one is questioning that. Mole is asking why are Liverpool selling Coutinho? Its not a lack of money. Wages? How can you afford the most expensive CB and not keep your best players?
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed May 02, 2018 7:10 pm

David de Gea admits winning the FA Cup is not good enough for a club like Manchester United who must aim for "bigger and better things".

De Gea was named United's player of the year for a record fourth time, but the Spaniard does not feel it has been a good season for the club who can only finish second behind Premier League champions Manchester City, and also crashed out of the Champions League to Sevilla.

cant wait to sign him. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next