BusterLfc
Nishankly
Robespierre
Firenze
Hapless_Hans
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Andrew Robertson Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Andrew Robertson Appreciation Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:34 am

Firenze wrote:Young dominated Salah last season. Until I see Mendy do that, OUT.

So did Paul Dummett, doesn't mean anything tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Andrew Robertson Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Andrew Robertson Appreciation Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:34 am

Casciavit wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Used to be one of my first signings in my FM2015 and FM2016 saves. Proud

Best LB in the league along with Mendy.
Mendy has not even played to prove he is best in the league, lol, why are you guys giving him credit for one season with monaco when he had good CL games?

people here are quick to shit on Ligue 1 but Mendy, who doesnt even have 10 EPL games, is somehow is the best LB in the league lmao

Have you seen his competition lmao it's not much. If you honestly think Mendy wouldn't have confirmed that he was the best LB in the league last year if he wasn't injured then I don't know what to tell you.

He was bought for 50M and is talented. He's also playing for a coach who is going to utilize his skillet. He'll have the opportunity to shine no doubt about it. The injury is just delaying the inevitable. That's why I say he's the best LB in the league along with Robertson even though he hasn't played that much.

So if that gets your panties in a bunch then you really need to calm down brah. Youre trying to debate something that really isn't worth debating. He isn't going to flop and he'll just confirm what I said in a few months.

Nick's point is that Mendy has barely played in the league you claim he is the best full back in.

Whereas a guy like Robertson, with NOONE even considering him to be in the running before the season, has delivered every week twice for the whole year, up until the *bleep* Champions League final.

I love Mendy from what I've seen from him at Monaco, irresistible player, but he simply CANNOT be the best full back in the PL yet
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:38 am

Obviously Roberson has proven more and is the best LB in the league. I just think Mendy will be in that same conversation very quickly and that's why I put him there. Nothing more to it than that lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:38 am

yeah, i really dont get why we are supposed to assume Mendy is the best when he is sitting on his ass watching his teammates rack up trophies.

You should not be making assumptions, players flop, whether they look talented or not, whether they play for guardiola or not.

I get he has an endearing personality, but no one rated him prior to his season in Monaco, and he has not done anything since.

he is 24 and he has a single season of relevance, sorry but i am not ready to crown him best anything yet. When he plays, and proves himself a top player, we will talk about it again.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:40 am

Casciavit wrote:Obviously Roberson has proven more and is the best LB in the league. I just think Mendy will be in that same conversation very quickly and that's why I put him there. Nothing more to it than that lol.

agree

but this thread is about appreciating Robertson, who has much less recognition than even an injured Mendy

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:41 am

Yeah but he's been great everytime he's played, it's not like we are assuming things based on hype.

He's shown it, he just got unfortunately injured. It's quite easy based on what he's shown to get on the hype train early IMO.

Besides the level of best LB is incredibly low, the fact Ashley Young can actually have a case says it all lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:41 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah but he's been great everytime he's played, it's not like we are assuming things based on hype.

He's shown it, he just got unfortunately injured. It's quite easy based on what he's shown to get on the hype train early IMO.

Besides the level of best LB is incredibly low, the fact Ashley Young can actually have a case says it all lmao.

Young can not have case lol, this is a Firenze running gag that obviously isn't actually serious
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:42 am

Would put Marcus Alonso on top if he knew how to defend as well as he attacked.

Last edited by Nishankly on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:42 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah but he's been great everytime he's played, it's not like we are assuming things based on hype.

Exactly. It has nothing to do with his endearing personality lmfao. It has everything to do with the fact that in the games he has played, he's done incredibly well.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

Young can not have case lol, this is a Firenze running gag that obviously isn't actually serious

He's been good, relatively.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Casciavit wrote:Obviously Roberson has proven more and is the best LB in the league. I just think Mendy will be in that same conversation very quickly and that's why I put him there. Nothing more to it than that lol.

agree

but this thread is about appreciating Robertson, who has much less recognition than even an injured Mendy

True, that's the last I'll say regarding Mendy. I'm sure this topic will be coming up plenty in the next few years anyways lol.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

He does though, i thought about it and the alternatives means he does Laughing

I know it's incredibly annoying but that's how low the level of LBs are in the PL.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:52 am

Mendy has played less than 500 minutes with City in official comp, that's less than 6 full games, but he has been great and he is one of the two best in the league

i love how you guys rate players, wonderful.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:53 am

Tired of this City wankfest, I bet according to some of you Foden is the best attacking midfielder after David Silva and De Bruyne :facepalm:

Right now Ashley Young, Robertson, Monreal, Davies, Alonso, Delph are all better than Mendy. Maybe if he plays well and proves himself he can be considered in that list.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:57 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Mendy has played less than 500 minutes with City in official comp, that's less than 6 full games, but he has been great and he is one of the two best in the league

That tells you how little the standard is, also i love your inability to read tbh.

Wonderful.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:58 am

I'm going to stop this right here as this is not the Robertson vs Mendy thread

and @Cas you'll see that in the same point I called Robertson the best full back in PL I immediately mentioned that Mendy will be one to look out for too now.
I like both of them very much and am looking forward to seeing Mendy who is a spectacular player.

In any case, it doesn't speak against Robertson if there are other great full backs too in the league.

At the moment, as Mole points out, the competition hasn't been very dense so I would be comfortable with calling Robertson the best fullback of 17/18 PL

Let's also acknowledge that lots of teams play 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 so the full back role isn't as clearly defined at the moment

one more reason why I have been impressed with the souvereign way Robertson has covered both the defensive and attacking aspects of a traditional full back role in a 4 man defense
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:00 am

Young Laughing

Ben Davies and Robertson. Sole contenders here.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:01 am

Inspirational story. Hans is a true visionary for bringing this to our attention :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:02 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Mendy has played less than 500 minutes with City in official comp, that's less than 6 full games, but he has been great and he is one of the two best in the league

That tells you how little the standard is, also i love your inability to read tbh.

Wonderful.
says more about you guys refusing to rate other hard nosed players who are actually performing like Young, Alonso as a wing back has been decent, Davies etc...
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:26 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Inspirational story. Hans is a true visionary for bringing this to our attention :bow:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t40831-andrew-robertson
:coffee:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:33 am

But whereas you made a thread about a liverpool player in the liverpool section, Hans thought of all of us and made in the general section hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:33 am

credit where credit's due, I thought he was just a kid enjoying some temporary form originally

lad is elite, at least by the standards today in his role

Cant wait for Pep to sign him for 100m
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 pm

Firenze wrote:credit where credit's due, I thought he was just a kid enjoying some temporary form originally

lad is elite, at least by the standards today in his role

Cant wait for Pep to sign him for 100m
pep has that french lad so no need for robo
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm

Bump, I love him and everything about him except he can't win aerial headers when its to the far post.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu May 30, 2019 1:53 am

Liverpool's Andy Robertson: The people & places behind Scotland defender's rise

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48413180
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2