Nishankly
Firenze
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
Unique
39 posters

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next

Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Low key one of the potential essay questions (I have a choice from 3) is: "Do you agree with the decision of the United Kingdom to exit from the European Union? Provide evidence to support your case"

You guys think this is pretty straightforward? Is there ample evidence thus far to be able to convincingly argue one way or the other (I'd argue I don't agree with it, tbh). I'm asking you guys mostly because you guys are more aware, being citizens, of the potential consequences of Brexit than I--although I did follow it while it was going on.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Brexit: Should the UK stay or go? - Page 2 Empty Re: Brexit: Should the UK stay or go?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 pm

http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/CBP-7213

You're welcome
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Boi you didn't Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:51 pm

http://voxeu.org/article/300-million-week-output-cost-brexit-vote

Brexit has cost the UK economy 300 million per week so far, economists find
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Britain and the EU have 'agreed a €50 billion Brexit divorce bill'

lol

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:02 pm

And what do we get for 50 billion.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:19 pm

You get to unilaterally break your commitments.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Unique wrote:And what do we get for 50 billion.

Less of those damn pesky immigrants taking your jerbs.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Pedram wrote:

or less terrorism what ever way you want to look at it. But why are we paying for it. I would tell the EU to fook off and give them nothing.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:53 pm

GOAT level negotiation tactics to tell your main trade partner and geopolitical ally to *bleep* off after ditching them.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 pm

Unique wrote:
Pedram wrote:

or less terrorism what ever way you want to look at it. But why are we paying for it. I would tell the EU to fook off and give them nothing.

this is why brexit happened and why trump won
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 pm

So we are basically paying them so we can stop paying them. This country needs a government with more balls tbh
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:56 pm

Unique wrote:
Pedram wrote:

or less terrorism what ever way you want to look at it.

Meh we'll see, most terrorists are homegrown and leaving the EU won't save you from those who are already born in the UK and have full citizenship.

Unique wrote:But why are we paying for it. I would tell the EU to fook off and give them nothing.

It's the price of breaking a contract, you pay a fine for reneging on your commitment.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:58 pm

CBarca wrote:
Unique wrote:
Pedram wrote:

trump won the election because I would tell the EU to fook off. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:01 pm

Pedram wrote:
Unique wrote:
Pedram wrote:

Meh we'll see, most terrorists are homegrown and leaving the EU won't save you from those who are already born in the UK and have full citizenship.

Unique wrote:But why are we paying for it. I would tell the EU to fook off and give them nothing.

It's the price of breaking a contract, you pay a fine for reneging on your commitment.
I think we have wasted enough money on the EU. If we told them to fook off what they gonna do about it.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:04 pm

Unique wrote:
CBarca wrote:
Unique wrote:

No because you're clueless and you can't follow politics at even a grade school level.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Internet shopping in the EU from UK vendors was huge in other countries. It will have a huge effect. I know I'm not gonna buy from UK shops anymore because the tax is now gonna be too high.

I'll give it a couple years before they start thinking about coming back.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:05 pm

Probably:

You get sued in international courts for breaking agreements. You lose your most important geopolitical ally. You lose your most important trade partner. Your economy tanks. Every brit living in europe gets *bleep*.

Do you understand how contracts work?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:09 pm

CBarca wrote:
Unique wrote:
CBarca wrote:

No because you're clueless and you can't follow politics at even a grade school level.
that’s grand coming from someone that spends all his time watching nascar and drinking beer
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:11 pm

@CBarca you gonna take that?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:12 pm

rincon wrote:Probably:

You get sued in international courts for breaking agreements. You lose your most important geopolitical ally. You lose your most important trade partner. Your economy tanks. Every brit living in europe gets *bleep*.

Do you understand how contracts work?
yeah. But the contract we have gets us fooked in the ass. And now it’s gonna cost us 50 billion for them to pull it out.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:16 pm

Kaladin wrote:@CBarca you gonna take that?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:17 pm

Unique wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Unique wrote:

I think we have wasted enough money on the EU. If we told them to fook off what they gonna do about it.

Hmm EU will probably sanction your country, business will start fleeing the UK en masse (probably to Paris), as a result of this shock to the economy pound suffers another blow and inflation goes high and you know the rest. not to mention you need these countries for other purposes (like NATO) after you leave the EU so you can't just break off relations with them.

Turns out it's easy to be a douchebag on a football forum but there are consequences if you act like this on the international stage.

Last edited by Pedram on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:19 pm

Kaladin wrote:@CBarca you gonna take that?

I'm going to let it slide like Myesyats posting that red haired woman photo whenever someone challenges him tbh.

It's too weak to acknowledge. At least when I went at Zigra in the EPL thread he put on a whoscored clinic on me, and I gave him a Upscored for it. This is unimaginative, uninspired and not worth the time.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:29 pm

Pedram wrote:
Unique wrote:
Pedram wrote:

Hmm EU will probably sanction your country, business will start fleeing the UK en masse (probably to Paris), as a result of this shock to the economy pound suffers another blow and inflation goes high and you know the rest. not to mention you need these countries for other purposes (like NATO) after you leave the EU so you can't just break off relations with them.

Turns out it's easy to be a douchebag on a football forum but there are consequences if you act like this on the international stage.
Britain built the biggest empire the world has ever seen without the help of the EU. I’m sure our people won’t starve to death in the streets.

Last edited by Unique on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:32 pm

And I'm sure the world would stand by and let you take control of 2/3 of the world again, you know, the way the British empire came about.

You guys are a small country now with average agricultural land and none of the efficiency or industry of Germany, or probably even France. The biggest thing the UK had was the financial sector and that's something that is going downhill if Brexit happens.

The second biggest thing you've got is Wales and Scotland, and you've proper pissed off Scotland too.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 35 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 35  Next