+2
Sina
RealGunner
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Newcastle Vs Arsenal - Page 2 Empty Re: Newcastle Vs Arsenal

Post by Jay29 Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:54 pm

Newcastle were limp in that second half. One of the easiest halves of football we've had in a long time. Still couldn't keep a clean sheet though. Laughing

Torreira has to start. We've seen enough evidence now that he brings many qualities to the midfield.

First time we've won two consecutive away games in ages. No clean sheet is a bummer but it's good we're winning on the road again.

Everton at home next in the league. Will be tough but winning that should kick off a good run of form.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:58 pm

If we were in the CL, I feel like this would be the kind of season we reach a semi final or something with the way we can win games despite a shitty defence and by outscoring the opposition.

Now we'll only win the league and Europa League.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:05 pm

Positive:

We are one of those teams arent we? Start really slow and disjointed, then turn up more and more as the game goes on. So as long as we don’t concede during that growing period, we have fighting chance.

MOTM for me was XHAKA or Bellerin. XHAKA goal aside, did good job defensively and move the ball quick enough, had 3 missplaced lop but it’s too be expected. Bellerin, very controlled, dealt with his flank well and measured with each attack, I like this more balanced Bellerin.

Shout out to Cech, he got more comfortable with his feet, a crucial save, Sokratis was subtly a wall, some crucial slide tackle and used body well to zone off their strikers.

Negative:

Still the attacking shape, I get what Unai wants to do but he probably needs Torreira to play for his plan to work. Last games it was the right will Bellerin, Ramsey and Ozil, this game was all the left. He seems to prefer lopsided attack rather than balanced one.

Ozil and Ramsey once again lost in 1st half, they stepped on each other foot quite a bit. Despite the goal, Ozil was average today.

Worrying sign with Aubu form, he’s so limited on the left, very one trick pony.

All in all, i like the game and hopefully we could iron our our 1st 30 mins.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:26 pm

What has Ramsey done to even come close to justifying a 250,000 p/w contract?

Did absolutely nothing. Doesn't look like a midfielder or an attacker.

The less said about Musatfi, the better.

Also, Guendozi needs to either amp up his game or Emery needs to bring Torreria in.Guendozi lost the ball, was defensively poor and sometimes when he gets the ball, he just turns back and jogs with it.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 pm

I missed the first half yesterday, so went back and watched it today. Lasted 12 minutes before getting bored. Man, what a travesty that half was. Laughing

I'll continue being patient but Cech's indecisiveness in possession and Sokratis' total lack of a left foot are driving me nuts. Half our problems playing out are caused by Cech taking at least 5 seconds to decide where to pass it, by which point his options have been marked.

There was a worrying lack of connection between XHAKA/Guendouzi and Ramsey/Ozil. Guendouzi's positioning was everywhere while Ramsey and Ozil kept occupying each other's space. Our spacing just looked very poor (and improved a lot in the 2nd half when Torreira stuck to the right channels and Ramsey drifted more to the left).

I think it's getting clearer now that Emery sees Guendouzi and Torreira as his 6s and XHAKA as his 8.  Might explain why we don't see XHAKA drop deep to get on the ball as often as he does for Switzerland.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2