VivaStPauli
Hapless_Hans
The Madrid One
26 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

The Matriarchy= Apocalypse  - Page 7 Empty Re: The Matriarchy= Apocalypse

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:47 am

I'm so lucky to have a gf of many years with whom I live together. Dating these days is really dangerous. Can't trust anyone dude.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:19 pm

Yep, the legal system and social status quo is being pitted against men ever more disgustingly.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:46 pm

After seeing what they did to the Men in Black Franchise with this newest abomination, I can fully get behind this thread. Molenation

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:52 pm

Not to mention Ocean's 8.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Or Ghostbusters:

The Matriarchy= Apocalypse  - Page 7 MV5BMTg3OTM4NTM4NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTI3NDc0OTE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,673,1000_AL_

Incredible stuff.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:28 am

Hope I get to see mushroom clouds in the horizon one of these days. This world needs a restart.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:13 am

Women are equal to men until theres a fire in the house, the second those flames break out even the most hardcore feminists go "oh i'm just a girl". I think this is a bit from a Burr special I seen.

"All women want is to be treated exactly as guys, except all they want is the good shit of being a guy, they're cherry picking"
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:07 pm

Next up, black Ariell the Mermaid:

The Matriarchy= Apocalypse  - Page 7 Schwarz-black-ariel-meerjungfrau-halle-bailey

Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Fish tiddies are fish tiddies, no matter the colour.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:16 pm

I do think the movies coming out of Hollywood have traditionally favored white main characters, and white casts in general, and it's a good thing that it has been changing gradually in recent time. I really don't understand why these progressive directors and producers keep insisting on changing the race of characters in established franchises and movies, though. It hardly has any shock value anymore. Why not just make something new? It would, in my opinion, be far more impressive and progression-appropriate to build something new that can rival those established titles in impact of appeal.

That seems like a much better way to go about influencing the younger generations - assuming that's their goal. Also, that eliminates the risk of having them tear apart good childhood memories for the sake of promoting their oh-so-important, political views. If they intend to change the minds of racist and/or narrow-minded grandpas who will be forced to watch these things when they babysit their grandchildren, well, thumbs up I guess.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:49 pm

futbol wrote:After seeing what they did to the Men in Black Franchise with this newest abomination, I can fully get behind this thread. Molenation
Is that really down to Tessa Thompson or just down to it being a bad movie?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
futbol wrote:After seeing what they did to the Men in Black Franchise with this newest abomination, I can fully get behind this thread. Molenation

It's two one dimensional actors with limited acting talent playing the same roles they did in the marvel films. You compare it with Will Smith and Tommy lee jones....it's not really a surprise it flopped badly. That had little to do with gender or race.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:08 pm

Personally I'm half joking ofc, I don't really care which en vogue Zeitgeist Hollywood directors exploit next to make cash. If right now gay and trans people of color in lead roles gets them maximum attention and cash - good on them. Not that any of them truly care about these issues in their gated communities, living in their own bubbles other than using it for self promotion and having a good conscious.

About as real as Arnold Schwarzenegger taking photos with Greta Thunberg and talk about climate change while living in a mansion with 30 rooms and a garage filled with 50 cars, including several Hummers.

However, it will always rub people the wrong way when an ideology is artificially shoved down their throats. There was never an issue with MIB, the lead role was already vacated by a black guy and also a black woman had a main role in part II. The newest one is just pure cringe through:

"The MEN in black?"
"Don't get me started with that, I'm working one that one."

Straight out of the Trudeau book of "peoplekind". Can't wait for PiB 5.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:18 pm

I mean, they took a director who is known way more for music videos and that one actually good film he directed in the 90s (Set it off), 2 writers who got credited for Transformers: The Last Knight and thought they could get the same sort of cutesy banter that Thompson and Chris had in Thor Ragnarok.

Meanwhile, as much as I loooooooooove looking at Tessa Thompson, her acting is pretty much bland. Chris is just the same if I'm being honest. So shit director, shit script, vanilla story and bland actors and what you have is a typical fail-boot. Not as God awful as Ghostbusters 2016 but pretty bland stuff, proper wastage of money. The lady I went with was pretty cool to be around though.

In any case, Hollywood has been using people of colour conveniently so this new shit woke trend and their warped version of feminism is going hand in hand with their usual M.O
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:45 pm

^^Watch her in Sorry to Bother You, by far her best performance
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:59 am

Chris Hemsworth is also really good and not bland at all. Watch him in Rush and call him one dimensional. Good actors got bland scripts with bland lines
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:56 pm

Yeah 90% of the time it's the script. I will never get why Hollywood will spend 150 million dollars on fucking CGI and not cough up 100k to let a script doctor look over a script for shitty plotholes, and maybe to beef up the dialogue.
I've honestly started to pay attention for who the script writers on movies are, because there's some that just constantly shit pure platinum, like Taylor Sheridan, his worst movie ever is Sicario 2, and even that was pretty fucking entertaining.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:48 pm

I actually enjoyed the ghostbusters reboot in 2016. It was just hindered by the terrible marketing and internet culture before it came out.

If it wasnt the best thing ever it would always be viewed as a flop because when women speak up they have to be 10x better to back it up in our society...that film obviously wasnt Laughing

Ariel was always my least favorite disney film princess from the late 80's/early 90's renaissance period anyway. My aunt and sister loved her but eh it never did anything from me. Ariel was a boring character who lived for a man. It was 1930 sentiment released in damn near 1990. No thank you.

My ranking of disney renaissance films

GOD TIER
Aladdin-Edges out the Lion King based on soundtrack.
Lion King-Production wise this was as good as it gets. Best cast by far.
HIGH TIER
Beauty and the Beast-Belle was the GOAT Disney Princess. Led the way for every disney princess that followed.
Mulan- Chinese people+Eddie Murphy...Just take my money disney. Also, the Japanese dub of this was REALLY done well. Even as a kid it stood out to me, and discovering in middle school that it actually sounded better in japanese than it did in any of the Chinese languages felt really good
Spoiler:
MID TIER

Hercules- This was the disney film aimed at boys so obviously I was the demographic for it. Great great soundtrack that mixed the greek gospels with gospel music of the american south. I could dig it. Story was lacking though. That keeps it from the high tier.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame- Frollo was a good villain. Esmeralda was hot.Outside of that the story was eh. better than Pocahontas, but the sound track isnt quite as good in my book. About equal. Watched it once and have no interest in ever seeing it again

Pocahontas- We actually went to the movie to see this when it came out. My little sister lost her shit(quite literally) during it and we had to leave. I didnt finish it until later....Maybe 2001? It was ok. Didnt like the story too much, but figured it was because it was history(turns out it wasnt historically correct at all). Great soundtrack keeps it from being the low tier.

The Little Mermaid- Its ok. Ok songs and what it represented saves it from the low tier.

Tarzan- Solid soundtrack. Stellar animation, probably the best Disney had did until the princess and the frog 10 years later. Story was meh. Mobly does it better. We went to the movies to see this too, and I was visibly bored. I think I had aged out of Disney films around this point Rosie O donnell was insufferable. Only the animation keeps this from the low Tier.

LOW TIER
The Rescuers Down Under-Objectively this is probably a better film than the last 3 of the mid tier. I just didnt like this. It was a depressing movie that no kid wanted to watch. I dont know what they were thinking.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:23 pm

I loved Disney movies when I was a kid. Among the ones you didn't mention, I fondly remember watching 101 Dalmations, The Aristocats, Lady and the Tramp. I'm sure many of them aren't as great as how I remember them, but they're happy memories, nonetheless.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

It's two one dimensional actors with limited acting talent playing the same roles they did in the marvel films. You compare it with Will Smith and Tommy lee jones....it's not really a surprise it flopped badly. That had little to do with gender or race.

One dimensional?

This is an absurdly wild and wrong comment Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:14 am

Right, keep analyzing whether Tarzan or The Hunch back of nostradamus had a better soundtracks.

These will be our world leaders at this rate

The Matriarchy= Apocalypse  - Page 7 GettyImages-159394648
The Madrid One
The Madrid One

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:52 am

Thimmy wrote:I do think the movies coming out of Hollywood have traditionally favored white main characters, and white casts in general, and it's a good thing that it has been changing gradually in recent time. I really don't understand why these progressive directors and producers keep insisting on changing the race of characters in established franchises and movies, though. It hardly has any shock value anymore. Why not just make something new? It would, in my opinion, be far more impressive and progression-appropriate to build something new that can rival those established titles in impact of appeal.

That seems like a much better way to go about influencing the younger generations - assuming that's their goal. Also, that eliminates the risk of having them tear apart good childhood memories for the sake of promoting their oh-so-important, political views. If they intend to change the minds of racist and/or narrow-minded grandpas who will be forced to watch these things when they babysit their grandchildren, well, thumbs up I guess.

This is the correct take imo
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:55 am

The Madrid One wrote:Right, keep analyzing whether Tarzan or The Hunch back of nostradamus had a better soundtracks.

These will be our world leaders at this rate

The Matriarchy= Apocalypse  - Page 7 GettyImages-159394648

Better than our current world leaders of Trump/Boris/etc . Would happily take.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:07 pm

Yeah sure lol

Trump never lied about what his intentions were and people still supported him. You get what you deserve, dumb nuts.

Democracy is a very flawed system.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:10 pm

Myesyats wrote:Yeah sure lol

Trump never lied about what his intentions were and people still supported him. You get what you deserve, dumb nuts.

How is democracy a flawed system when, if we had a true democracy, he would have lost?

Hillary literally got 3 million more votes than him.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Myesyats wrote:Yeah sure lol

Uh, Trump lies all the time. What are you on about.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next