S
nasir6371
Glory
Vlad the Impaler
45 posters

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next

Go down

Who will qualify to the semi-finals?

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 13 Vote_lcap45%UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 13 Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 13 Vote_lcap55%UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 13 Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 11

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 13 Empty Re: UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

Post by Glory Thu 11 Apr - 9:28:52

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Barca has one of the best possible scenarios for them, namely United must attack at Camp Nou to try and get back in the game instead of having an advantage to protect.

Yesterday I believe we were a bit above Barca overall or at least as good as they were as a team. However, they were excellent in front of goal, having 3 great chances to score, one of them being materialized with a bit of luck. We created many attempts but Dalot, Rashford and Martial's efforts were incredibly poor, so Barca actually got what they deserved, a fair lead after a tough game.

Don’t think we will attack until the final part of the game. Ole will keep players behind and rightfully so and will only counter attack until 70-75 minutes just like he did against PSG. It would be catastrophic to go there and attack. We are too inefficient in attack and it will be easy pickings for them on the counter. So, definitely, his plan would be stay in the game as long as possible and then go for it in the end.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 13 Empty Re: UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu 11 Apr - 9:32:39

I never said we will attack, anyway. But in theory, the situation is this: we are the team behind, in need of scoring goals. Best scenario for Barca. Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 11 Apr - 9:46:49

Let‘s be honest, this tie is already over. Only hope of stopping Barcelona is winning at your own home and hope they don‘t win with too many goals in Barcelona.

Last year Barcelona lost 3-0 in Rome and still gave them a scare in the return leg Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu 11 Apr - 9:58:27

Yeah, that's what I think too. I only hope we won't be humiliated at Camp Nou. Laughing

I never really gave us a chance of going through anyway.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 11 Apr - 10:17:09

urbaNRoots wrote:Let‘s be honest, this tie is already over. Only hope of stopping Barcelona is winning at your own home and hope they don‘t win with too many goals in Barcelona.

Last year Barcelona lost 3-0 in Rome and still gave them a scare in the return leg Laughing

Last year the first leg was in Barcelona and Barca went to Rome thinking the job was done.
Different dynamic, even if Barca go into this return leg complacent, which they won't as much after a 1-0 as they would after a 4-1, they'll still be at home and it would be easier to re-assert themselves
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu 11 Apr - 10:27:39

Dembele will play in the return leg so it'll be just a formality, I strongly believe.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu 11 Apr - 10:40:04

urbaNRoots wrote:Let‘s be honest, this tie is already over. Only hope of stopping Barcelona is winning at your own home and hope they don‘t win with too many goals in Barcelona.

Wasnt it the other way around. Barca won convincingly first leg then succumbed to a 3 nil loss.

And the tie will be over when the tie will be over mate, i.e when the final whistle blows at Camp Nou. Stop with this overrating of Barcelona.
For all their might, we were the better team yesterday. Our 2nd choice midfield of McTominay and Fred dominated Arthur and Rakitic. Smalling toyed with Messi. They will beat us comfortably in the return leg. But they are expected to beat us, especially with us fielding dross like Ashley Young. But If they are going to play like this against Livpool or City, I hate to say it, but they will be in for a pasting.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 11 Apr - 11:54:06

Myesyats wrote:Dembele will play in the return leg so it'll be just a formality, I strongly believe.

Dembele playing in the return leg, likely means that Man United will have a lot of counter-attacks. If they can do better than Lyon did in that respect, then they might stand a chance. That said, I think McTominay was their most consistent threat in the first leg, so I'm not expecting much.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 11 Apr - 12:15:30

Glory wrote:

Wasnt it the other way around. Barca won convincingly first leg then succumbed to a 3 nil loss.

And the tie will be over when the tie will be over mate, i.e when the final whistle blows at Camp Nou. Stop with this overrating of Barcelona.
For all their might, we were the better team yesterday. Our 2nd choice midfield of McTominay and Fred dominated Arthur and Rakitic. Smalling toyed with Messi. They will beat us comfortably in the return leg. But they are expected to beat us, especially with us fielding dross like Ashley Young. But If they are going to play like this against Livpool or City, I hate to say it, but they will be in for a pasting.

Yeah you're right, a better example is Barcelona turning around the tie against PSG but still the point is that Barcelona at home have a ridiculous record in CL elimination stages and the fact that Man Utd doesn't even have a good home result means sure elimination. As for Liverpool and City, we'll see about that, neither has the experience at the highest level as Barcelona do.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu 11 Apr - 12:34:29

UCL 18/19 [Quarter Finals] - Manchester United vs FC Barcelona - Page 13 EYCfHQA

Hitting player head before the ball, breaking nose, red card all day every day. And Uefadrid doesn't even give a foul. This is how corrupt and shitty competition this is. It's completely fake. And the results are mostly ruled by referees, who in turn are chosen by the bald officials and their money.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 11 Apr - 12:41:42

how on earth did that brake his nose when his nose never got touched. scratch
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu 11 Apr - 12:56:29

Did it actually break his nose, though? I know Hans kept screaming murder, but I haven't seen anyone confirming that he broke his nose.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu 11 Apr - 13:21:13

his nose isnt broken but his eye has suffered blood clotting (hematoma). might be out for the return game
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu 11 Apr - 13:24:15

Firenze wrote:We've beaten PSG at thir ground. We've beaten Juve at their ground.

Barca didn't look a level above us today. So no, we do in fact have a chance to turn things around. Albeit heavy underdogs. We may end up in the EL next season, since we play is the best and most competitive league in the world. Can't guarantee CL qualification every season like teams that play in horrific leagues like Bundesfodder.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing we played a even more physical and faster pressing team just a few days ago wich tired us and in the end we didnt even have to worry about your team scoring against us. 0 shots on target. we played on our lowest intensity all game.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu 11 Apr - 13:35:17

United were so trash it was unbelieveable actually, not even trying to get a reaction out of Firenze. They were totally incapable of stringing even 3 passes together. You could see they were totally incapable of anything technically and lacked so much quality despite trying their hardest. I swear Real Betis has more quality. Rashford kicking the ball 20 meters infront of himself and then getting outpaced by Pique who started from a standing point, what a sight. Laughing How do you even manage to spend so many trillions and become so shit?

What they had going for them was their workrate, hustle and commitment but it's shocking how little quality a side with so much money can have.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu 11 Apr - 13:39:01

they are actually applauding the "hard work", "effort" and "showing spirit" while losing at home. can you imagine how bad your team is that you celebrate a CL loss at home? i will never understand these epl fans. they always say "if we done this, if we done that, if if if if, we would have scored 4". well, you didnt. you suck. you are a horrible europa league team. sevilla would beat you 9 out of 10 times.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 11 Apr - 14:10:32

futbol wrote:United were so trash it was unbelieveable actually, not even trying to get a reaction out of Firenze. They were totally incapable of stringing even 3 passes together. You could see they were totally incapable of anything technically and lacked so much quality despite trying their hardest. I swear Real Betis has more quality. Rashford kicking the ball 20 meters infront of himself and then getting outpaced by Pique who started from a standing point, what a sight. Laughing How do you even manage to spend so many trillions and become so shit?

What they had going for them was their workrate, hustle and commitment but it's shocking how little quality a side with so much money can have.
so you are telling us that pique has more pace than rashford hmm
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 11 Apr - 14:10:52

Collblanc wrote:they are actually applauding the "hard work", "effort" and "showing spirit" while losing at home. can you imagine how bad your team is that you celebrate a CL loss at home? i will never understand these epl fans. they always say "if we done this, if we done that, if if if if, we would have scored 4". well, you didnt. you suck. you are a horrible europa league team. sevilla would beat you 9 out of 10 times.
no they wouldent.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu 11 Apr - 14:15:17

Collblanc wrote:they are actually applauding the "hard work", "effort" and "showing spirit" while losing at home. can you imagine how bad your team is that you celebrate a CL loss at home? i will never understand these epl fans. they always say "if we done this, if we done that, if if if if, we would have scored 4". well, you didnt. you suck. you are a horrible europa league team. sevilla would beat you 9 out of 10 times.

Laughing Laughing exactly... even Pogba, Smalling are talking like this. These guys should be ashamed of 0 shots on goal in a home game. I just wish Barca gives rest most of the players for the league game this week bounce

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu 11 Apr - 14:33:57

Unique wrote: so you are telling us that pique has more pace than rashford hmm

pique did beat him yesterday in a sprint, while pique started from a standing point. rofl did you even watch the game?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu 11 Apr - 14:35:06

Unique wrote:
no they wouldent.

yes they would
"no they wouldnt"
yes they would
"no la liga suck"
no EPL sucks
"no barca only win 7-0 against scrubs"

there, saved you a typical goallegacy "discussion"
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu 11 Apr - 15:26:35

Why is unique defending united? What have pool fans come to? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 11 Apr - 15:30:46

Barca were as crap as we were. Snuck away with a lead thanks to a moment of calamitous defending. Did nothing else at all, Messi was completely nullified, their midfield was bossed.

Yes, we were shit offensively, so we didn't deserve anything from the game either and I'm not mad at the scoreline.

Yes Barca are overwhelming favourites now given their home record.

Yes we're still going to pull it off. Proud

I pray Young doesn't start next game though. I hope we keep Fred though, that was an elite bossing. Mctominay was great too. Pogba needs to step up next game, had a stinker. Rashford too. Lukaku should be benched.

but but Barca just had a tough game against Atletico even though the league was already sealed up

and? every game in the PL is tough and it's showing by the fact our team has a lot of players carrying injuries. Pipe down.

Realistically I'd say our chances are like 20% at most but I will stand by the fact that Pool will humiliate you next game. I'm talking 3/4 goal deficit.

I haven't watched any Barca in La Liga this season but the midfield based on last night is actually embarrassing. Flashes of Cleverly - Gibson with numpties like Rakitic and Arthur.

Also, for everyone saying it's a formality. Lyon kept it VERY competitive at Nou Camp for like 80 minutes when they went all out and had 2 defenders.

Say what you want about us, but you're completely deluded if you think we have no chance and the tie is already over, especially based on the game last night.

All signs are pointing to a competitive second leg. Looking forward to it.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu 11 Apr - 15:43:51

Firenze wrote:All signs are pointing to a competitive second leg.

rofl only if you think we actually put effort in our performance last night. we were cruising after the first goal and gave you all the space to come at us, resulting in 0 shots at target.

this tie is done
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 11 Apr - 15:51:30

Unique wrote:how on earth did that brake his nose when his nose never got touched. scratch

Thimmy wrote:Did it actually break his nose, though? I know Hans kept screaming murder, but I haven't seen anyone confirming that he broke his nose.

IIRC after the shoulder check Smalling hit Messi over the nose with his trailing right hand, not so good to see in that gif.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu 11 Apr - 15:53:33

Nothing in that Smalldini challenge btw. Eyes fully focused on the ball the entire time. Technique used to collect the ball in the manner he did was perfect. It's Messi's fault for not having the desire, grit and being built like a 10 year old schoolgirl for getting hurt in the exchange. That's an every day thing in the PL. Ref was 100% correct.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next