Winter is Coming
El Gunner
Art Morte
Freeza
Great Leader Sprucenuce
22 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 am

Freeza wrote:Klay with a torn ACL

Golden State will struggle next year IMO even if everyone stays Durant has a ruptured achilles and Klay has a torn ACL.

They really did anything possible to be able to 3 peat.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 30 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:39 am

Fell asleep in the second half x)

Well done Raptors, but injuries destroyed GS. A lot of teams would have beaten Durant-less and in the end Klay-less Warriors.

Those serious injuries are a brutal way for GS's dynasty to end, I wonder how they'll do next season. I also wonder how Toronto's title defence will be if Kawhi doesn't re-sign.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:46 am

Art Morte wrote:Fell asleep in the second half x)

Well done Raptors, but injuries destroyed GS. A lot of teams would have beaten Durant-less and in the end Klay-less Warriors.

Nonsense.

They swept Portland without Durant and beat Houston 2 straight games without Durant.

Yes Klay might have decided tonights game but GSW were lucky it even went to tonights game, apart from Game 2 for a poor 8 minute period Toronto were the better team throughout.

I don't want to hear the injuries excuses apart from Durant, Toronto were the better team throughout even when Klay was playing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:11 pm

Freeza wrote:Klay with a torn ACL

Suspected that after I saw the replay of the landing :facepalm:

It's like fate has come back to give us an intense crash after our massive highs.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Fell asleep in the second half x)

Nonsense.

They swept Portland without Durant and beat Houston 2 straight games without Durant.

Yes Klay might have decided tonights game but GSW were lucky it even went to tonights game, apart from Game 2 for a poor 8 minute period Toronto were the better team throughout.

I don't want to hear the injuries excuses apart from Durant, Toronto were the better team throughout even when Klay was playing.

You and Freeza and CB stay clowning dumb (sometimes I think it's just to save banter face) Laughing

Clearly obvious just like my fantasy team that injuries played a huge part in derailing us at the end. I didn't even mention Cousins in my previous response to Freeza, and that he just made it back for the finals after what seemed like a more serious injury, so he probably never was close to 100% throughout the Finals.

Not totally agreeing with Art though, like I said Toronto were massive this Finals and really surprised me with their execution and professional focus throughout. Just 10% worse shooting in every game and they probably end up only winning 1 or 2 of the games and that's with us being beat up with injuries Laughing

All great things come to an end though - that's just how life works, it was a historic run these past few years. Maybe next year we can focus on getting Steph another MVP, and then I still have faith in our smart front office to get us back to a competing level the seasons after next.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:30 pm

You were lucky you weren't swept lol, don't come to me complaining about Klay lol.

In the first 4 games the only only game you won was because Toronto choked for 8 minutes in the 3rd.

Going into Game 5 Toronto had won 13 out of the 16 quarters, and you only won game 5 because Toronto choked.

They were the better team throughout, Durant excuses is fine but anything else is nonsense.

Also if you're going to mention people like Cousins, Looney etc etc Toronto can clearly mention Kawhi and Lowry. Lowry was playing with a broken hand and Kawhi has been hobbled since the Milwaukee series, because they were able to perform despite that doesn't mean they don't exist.

Like i said Durant is fair enough, but the rest is just really bad excuses.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:32 pm

Also it's really hard to care about GSW's injuries excuses when during this run nearly every team they faced had injuries to their best or 2nd best player.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:35 pm

I find it wild to claim injuries killed when your team has walked the playoffs year after year and beat teams because their players were injured lol.

Cavs without Kyrie and Love
Zaza intentionally injuring Kawhi when he was busting your ass
Chris Paul pulling his hammy when Houston were about to end you.

I’d be hard pressed to find a team who’s been more lucky with health throughout a 5 year run. First time injuries happen and GSW fans can’t see what other teams have been through.

Last edited by Freeza on Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 pm

^^Those added up don't even compare to everything culminating into one big crash for us this finals.

Love and Kyrie in 2015 is a good point, I'll give you that.
But then, always found the Kawhi injury to be so overplayed. That was only one game in those WCFs Laughing the series was going to be long, but apparently we were already beat 3 quarters in one game and Zaza saved us by taking out Kawhi
Don't bring up perennial choker Chris Paul to me. During this run we were at our best with our backs against the wall, we were always going to make that comeback. Very Happy
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:49 pm

Kawhi was injured? Define "injury" because the minutes he played suggested otherwise. Also, off and on Bball watcher so to see Raptors who, like the Bangladesh Cricket Team, was part of the whopping boys in my mind now a NBA champ is...something. Gratz to all your Toronto supporters.

As for EG, tough luck there but hard to use the injury excuse to be honest as Toronto beat you guys proper. Not that you are using an excuse to be fair.

Glad to see CB and Freeza still suffering tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Why am I brought into this?

All I said was that I thought 2015 Cavs were worse.

I agree injuries played a huge role and I'm not sure Toronto get over the hump without them. Well. It's obvious if Durant played they wouldn't. But with the others too. Obviously it's still congratulations to Toronto who were the better team throughout, for the most part.

However I can hold that opinion and also agree 2015 Cavs were worse. Injuries are a part of the game, unfortunately
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Happy for them eco smile eco smile they're just overflowing happiness in that video, Kawhi expressed more emotion in that interview I've ever seen him express in all the other times combined Laughing

Probably saying this for the fifth time. Their whole team were just massive this finals.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 pm

Steph isn't getting another MVP without Klay/Durant around.

We could talk a lot more about how Steph failed to show up after Klay went out. What did he do again? Hit a single floater and also trip on himself and get a lucky couple of free throws?

I love the guy, but his time at the top is done. And quite frankly when it comes to the clutch, a lot of players are better than he is. Other than that awesome 4th quarter against Houston earlier in the playoffs
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 pm

Doc wrote:Kawhi was injured? Define "injury" because the minutes he played suggested otherwise. Also, off and on Bball watcher so to see Raptors who, like the Bangladesh Cricket Team, was part of the whopping boys in my mind now a NBA champ is...something. Gratz to all your Toronto supporters.

As for EG, tough luck there but hard to use the injury excuse to be honest as Toronto beat you guys proper. Not that you are using an excuse to be fair.

Glad to see CB and Freeza still suffering tbh.

Not that he’s using an excuse? Never seen a guy in my life make excuses Harden when he loses. He legit made 50 posts complaining about fantasy and stating how he was by far the best, despite him being the worst in the entire league.

Also Kawhi injures was two year ago. He was dominating against GSW and a horrible dude intentionally injured him and they forced a rule change/call emphasis because of it that has brought me much suffering... (curse you Harden!!!)

But today I’m not suffering at all. Beat championship win in a long time. So happy for Luca who’s supported Toronto for a long time throughout all the LeBronto and daddy memes etc. It’s good to see something good happen to fans who stick with a team through bad periods.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:00 pm

CBarca wrote:Steph isn't getting another MVP without Klay/Durant around.

We could talk a lot more about how Steph failed to show up after Klay went out. What did he do again? Hit a single floater and also trip on himself and get a lucky couple of free throws?

I love the guy, but his time at the top is done. And quite frankly when it comes to the clutch, a lot of players are better than he is. Other than that awesome 4th quarter against Houston earlier in the playoffs

Steph is one the most overrated players of all time by the media imo (he was declared second greatest PG of all time like 4 years ago).
Meanwhile Klay is so fucking underrated it pains me. The guy has been a monster through every playoffs run and I don’t think he gets the respect he deserves. Guy must be the clutches elimination game shooter ever. He’s basically treated as a meme by the media.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Oh, well I take that back. Stop complaining EG and take your L, the better team won damn it.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:04 pm

I can feel his pain though. Must be hard for his team to leave Oakland and move to San Fran. Gonna take decades before real fans can go to games again.

Gentrification is real in the NBA
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:05 pm

arena gonna be empty next season Laughing Laughing

Tech bros dont back losers.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:17 pm

Doc wrote:Oh, well I take that back. Stop complaining EG and take your L, the better team won damn it.

You were completely spot on in your previous post. Don't let his dramatics fool you Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Kawhi was able to play, but he had no lift or explosion what so ever. Compare some of the shit he was doing in the Philly series to after he got injured against Milwaukee.

Because unlike Boogie and Looney he was able to play to a high level doesn't mean he wasn't hurt because he clearly was.

As i said the only injury which actually impacted thee end result was Durant's, the rest is just one big excuse for being outplayed.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:48 pm

What was with the celebrations?

They behaved like this was their 7th in a row and they were tired of it, not the first in history.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Vibe wrote:What was with the celebrations?

They behaved like this was their 7th in a row and they were tired of it, not the first in history.

Probably because the idiot ref blew his whistle during the initial celebration just because. There was no fucking need.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Congrats to all the fellow Toronto fans. Proud canadian today and always

Kawaii made a great leap from being in anime to NBA

fantastic stuff

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Alright here's the question:

Durant healthy but Curry hurt. Do GS win?

If they don't win, do they do better than they did?

I think yes, but I'm not sure they win
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:34 pm

CBarca wrote:Alright here's the question:

Durant healthy but Curry hurt. Do GS win?

If they don't win, do they do better than they did?

I think yes, but I'm not sure they win

They lose both times, Toronto are too deep and Warriors need Curry and Durant to win to overcome the terrible depth.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next