Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
RealGunner
21 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Elden Ring - Page 4 Empty Re: Elden Ring

Post by Harmonica Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:14 pm

Well probably. But then it can't really be 10/10 game? I bet they gave reviewers a no anticheat version, and then slapped antishit on the release. Which is the biggest reason for poor performance and stutters. But that's not how this all works, that's a plain con of customers. Also most people can't even play because controllers don't work, and can't even change settings because of it.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:23 pm

Agreed, I don't think the PC version can be a 10 at all.

Back when I was a kid when the hype was on (like it is for Elden Ring), I would go and purchase the game immediately. You couldn't not play a game everybody was talking about in school. As I have aged, those hype circles are all but gone, and I have stopped buying games at release, for PC especially. Wait a year or two and get it on a discount with all the patches and DLCs. Another positive to this is that you don't need to have a high-end PC if you're playing games that are 2+ years old.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:00 pm

That's what I do too, because I don't really trust any of the reviewers, game developers. Or there isn't anything really worth even buying these days. Since Skyrim I think only game I've bought release is M&B2, well it was early access at half the price, and isn't actually even released yet. And maybe Elex, can't remember. And that's a Piranha Bytes game, which will always have problems at the release, but will still be worth it for me.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:41 pm

Played around 30 mins or so and it's definitely different than anything fromsoft have produced. The souls elements are there obviously but it's so much of a RPG that i am not surprised non-souls fans are attracted to it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:53 pm

Kaladin wrote:No way they didn't pay off reviewers, for all the criticisms and flaws in Souls games that are present, not to mention the bare-bones story

Horizon>>>

It's almost like each reviewer is an individual and have different views and opinions.

We need to stop treating them like they're a one size fits all thing.

Because they're a 10 in those people's minds doesn't mean they will be to you and vice versa.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:17 pm

Guys who are playing it right now, how's it going?

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:22 pm

I have spent maybe 3-4 hours on it now. Explored quite a lot and faced some mini bosses but haven't reached the first main boss yet. There is way too much to explore.

At times it reminds me of Monster Hunter. It's a very different souls experience. They have taken elements of MH, DS and Sekiro to make this game.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:44 pm

That sounds cool. I really want to play it but also want to complete DS3 first. :The frequency and consistency with which I am playing suggests i might have to wait for atleast 3 month for it Sad

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:50 pm

Report please @Firenze
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:22 am

45 hrs deep and maybe 50% through? *maybe*

game is insanely huge man

it's basically what you expect - open world souls, story seems in line with the other games but I'm liking the NPC's a lot more so far, some real interesting characters

the biome's/regions are all unique too, exploration feels very nice, lots of verticality and always something interesting to find just over the next hill

art direction...its fromsoft, nuff said. Had about 5 Anor Londo level moments already.

only 1 complaint - some of the crypts/caves feel very chalice dungeon esque, but they all have bosses and some can be very challenging but drop nice rewards, I am feeling a bit bored of them now though, fortunately they seemed to be scarce in the second region, a lot in the first though

huge standout for me are the 'legacy dungeons'...these are the main boss areas, done two so far, both brilliant, each took me a couple hours but they all encourage exploration and seem intricately mapped

I will say I havent been super impressed with the bosses so far though, a lot feel cheap more than anything, hyper aggressive bloodborne style, hyper armour...

I was pretty overpowered in the first two regions though due to the fact you can free roam if you get stuck, I just explored with the mount (mounted combat is actually pretty good and traversal feels nice, within an hour I'd used the mount more than I ever did in BOTW lol) and got estus mats etc

so I kinda shit on a couple of the early bosses that seem to hard stall folks, but I'm in areas now and it feels very challenging

tldr; its on track to be my fav fromsoftware game, surpassing bloodborne
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:29 pm

There we go as I wanted to hear it from the man himself on Elden Ring.

Not surprised its that good. FromSoft deviated well from their usual in Sekiro to which I quite liked and clearly added a cumulative gathering of the best of their games into one game and an ambitious one in the open world. For one to succeed in their first open world attempt is mind-boggling.

Cannot look forward to this title more than I am at the moment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:38 pm

Firenze wrote:45 hrs deep and maybe 50% through? *maybe*

game is insanely huge man

it's basically what you expect - open world souls, story seems in line with the other games but I'm liking the NPC's a lot more so far, some real interesting characters

the biome's/regions are all unique too, exploration feels very nice, lots of verticality and always something interesting to find just over the next hill

art direction...its fromsoft, nuff said. Had about 5 Anor Londo level moments already.

only 1 complaint - some of the crypts/caves feel very chalice dungeon esque, but they all have bosses and some can be very challenging but drop nice rewards, I am feeling a bit bored of them now though, fortunately they seemed to be scarce in the second region, a lot in the first though

huge standout for me are the 'legacy dungeons'...these are the main boss areas, done two so far, both brilliant, each took me a couple hours but they all encourage exploration and seem intricately mapped

I will say I havent been super impressed with the bosses so far though, a lot feel cheap more than anything, hyper aggressive bloodborne style, hyper armour...

I was pretty overpowered in the first two regions though due to the fact you can free roam if you get stuck, I just explored with the mount (mounted combat is actually pretty good and traversal feels nice, within an hour I'd used the mount more than I ever did in BOTW lol) and got estus mats etc

so I kinda shit on a couple of the early bosses that seem to hard stall folks, but I'm in areas now and it feels very challenging

tldr; its on track to be my fav fromsoftware game, surpassing bloodborne

45 hours ffs. Not surprised.

I am 10 hours in at this point and not even been to the first boss yet. I have explored areas which are arguably worse than anything fromsoft have produced (caelid region). I am struggling though. Feels like i shouldn't be in these areas because every mini boss is OP and my hits do less than 100 damage. Also not sure if i made the right choice with the build.

I haven't explored Limgrave much at all which i think i should.

I don't like horseback battles but they are useful for running away or exploring. Not explored a dungeon yet but i'd probably like them since i loved chalice dungeons.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:37 pm

65 hours now, few idle

still only 60% done at most

best part about the game is it feels complete, everyone you hear about in the lore etc seem like they'll be in game, the scope is fucking staggering man

amount of factions and NPC's is insane, they really addressed that issue for me

It also got really tough after the first couple areas, which I'm glad about

@RealGunner

dont worry about that, youre not expected to be in caelid, its a later area, havent even explored it properly yet myself

the game teases you a bunch by teleporting you to later areas, to emphasize the open world aspect

you can kinda cheese parts of the game by riding around gathering lvl up mats tho, I did that in Caelid day 1 lol

Mounted combat is necessary for a lot of bosses, too tough otherwise
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:27 pm

Back to exploring limgrave and finally going the main route. I can see why most newbies will be put off by margit. For the first boss he is quite difficult. Didn't expect that. Good fight though just requires a lot of patience which i hate. Can't believe how big the castle is. Some classic souls enemies but cool weapon arts by the knights. Lol at the wolverine birds.

I don't understand any of crafting stuff and not bothered looking into it. Might do later on if i need it but it looks too complicated.

Leonine Misbegotten might be my favourite boss so far. Love aggressive bosses.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:56 pm

Those wolverine birds are arguably the worst thing fromsoft have produced
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 04, 2022 12:28 am

You're in for a treat then. My biggest complaint is how every major boss is absurdly aggressive with 10 long attack chains lol. BTW this game is as big as demon souls + the trilogy combined. Legit. I still have like 20 major bosses left, it's ridiculous. Will take you a year.

I only actually crafted some stuff for the first time earlier. Poison removing stuff, just forget about it tbh if you want, not necessary, useful though, especially for weapon buffs.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:57 pm

That worm monster thing down the depths of stormveil is arguably worse than both godrick and margit
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:56 pm

RealGunner wrote:That worm monster thing down the depths of stormveil is arguably worse than both godrick and margit

I only went back and killed it in the last few hours

Elden Ring - Page 4 A86383914ded8a54783d1da76079c6fe

tied with Bloodborne for me

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:30 pm

Firenze wrote:
RealGunner wrote:That worm monster thing down the depths of stormveil is arguably worse than both godrick and margit

I only went back and killed it in the last few hours

Elden Ring - Page 4 A86383914ded8a54783d1da76079c6fe

tied with Bloodborne for me

what the fuck man. Already? amazing

how difficult is platinum? i heard there are 3 different endings. Is it usual collecting every spell, weapon, art etc?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:39 pm

easiest plat theyve made because the collect all talismans, weapons etc is now collect all LEGENDARY talismans, weapons, of which there are about 6-8 in each category

I played 85% of the game blind and then looked up a trophy guide out of curiosity

tons of variations to the endings but 3 main ones that give trophies, I reloaded my save after the final boss after setting them up heh

the only issue is that a few trophies are missable after a certain point, so I made sure I didnt miss those

I also feel like there are some things in the game that absolutely break it and make most of the late game bosses trivial, need nerfs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:39 pm

Also, so much of the cool stuff is optional and damn near impossible to find without a guide

fortunately you dont get put into NG+ unless you want to, so you can explore and do most of that
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:03 pm

Playing on PC, i'm summoning 3 peeps in every mini-dungeon and boss fight, am i doing this correctly
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:06 pm

Firenze wrote:easiest plat theyve made because the collect all talismans, weapons etc is now collect all LEGENDARY talismans, weapons, of which there are about 6-8 in each category

I played 85% of the game blind and then looked up a trophy guide out of curiosity

tons of variations to the endings but 3 main ones that give trophies, I reloaded my save after the final boss after setting them up heh

the only issue is that a few trophies are missable after a certain point, so I made sure I didnt miss those

I also feel like there are some things in the game that absolutely break it and make most of the late game bosses trivial, need nerfs

Saw a weapon which two shot margit. heard there are some stuff which will definitely get nerfed.

can you hint at the point where those trophies are missable so i can save?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:20 pm

Currently in Siofra river. Hate those bull knights so much
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:35 pm

Got to first boss after 3-4 hours and i’m getting destroyed by its chain combos and aggressive attack.

40% last attempt though but I don’t recall BB having any bosses as aggressive and million attacks as first boss lmao.

I also feel like my build is shit lol
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:01 pm

Lol it's meant to put you off. you are not meant to beat him until after exploring the open world and levelling up.

He'd be impossible under level 20
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next