Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 6 of 44 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Twoism Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:07 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:No signings yet. Raul Sanllehi is useless, worse than Gazidis.

Lets not go there, bald fraud got us into this mess. All of his star players are now deadweight and impossible to shift out. Raul, Unai and maybe Edu hands are all tied. We have less money than Everton, Westham and probably few more mid table clubs and money talks.

Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Eman Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:24 pm

I think in this game, it's not always as simple as wanting to replace half the squad. Often times, one or two key signings can allow you to shift other players around and change responsibilities such that the whole team is elevated.

There are a lot of positions where we probably don't 'need' to sign someone. I would be comfortable for example not signing a RB, as we have Niles & Chambers to backup Bellerin. Monreal and Niles are both decent LB support for Kolasinac, so I don't think LB is a disaster either, hell Tierney may just warm the bench half the time. Sometimes we act like Ozil and Mkhi are awful but they really are very accomplished AM options and we probably wouldn't do better if we tried to replace them on our current budget, plus we're playing them out of position most of the time. At CM we have Willock and Chambers joining the first team to replace Ramsey who was class but didn't always play anyway, so maybe it will be okay. This isn't to say that these positions won't need replacements in the next couple of years, but we aren't in crisis quite yet.

We need a CB and a winger though. A CB to help us stop conceding and a winger to allow us to play a more comfortable formation/style that better fits us. It's not too much to ask for 2 signings to improve a team that once again finished outside of the top 4. The club really needs to sort it out.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:37 pm

Not funny how this thread was more active when transfer window wasn't even officially open compared to now
none of us expect anything anymore :brickwall:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:24 pm

No more fat baklava eating Left Back cheers
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:52 pm

My guess is that Arsenal's business has been slow because they're offering small fees up front in an effort to make their small budget stretch as far as possible. The Saliba deal took ages to reach an advanced stage because the up-front fee wasn't high enough for them. Seems the Tierney deal has gone the same way.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:25 pm

eventually it will come down to player's decision hmm
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:31 pm

:coffee: :brickwall:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:33 pm

Not sure that someone wants Ozil though tbh.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Some rumours:

Arsenal have raised their offers for Saliba, who wants to join despite Spurs' interest. St. Etienne, though, are trying to incite a bidding war to raise the fee as much as possible. This according to Mohamed Bouhafi.

Celtic have rejected the latest bid for Tierney as they're unhappy with how the deal is structured. Napoli are still said to be interested.

AS, Marca and Kike Marin believe Dani Ceballos will join on loan from Real Madrid.

Reports in Brazil claim a fee has been agreed for Gremio's Everton Soares, but I'm not sure about the reliability of this one.

Finally, there have been some funny stories linking Arsenal with Dani Alves.

Have to say, it'd a good window if they pull off these five deals.

dat feeling when you've hated on Ceballos for years for being a dick but he might join your club.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:22 pm

cheers :fishing:
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:33 pm

Good news.

Now a CB and Malcom and another CB and you're SET.

Jay29 wrote:

Have to say, it'd a good window if they pull off these five deals.

dat feeling when you've hated on Ceballos for years for being a dick but he might join your club.

Ceballos is a MASSIVE dick, isn't he? Laughing

Great player though
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:14 pm

The Seville derby is full of shithousing at the best of times, but Ceballos revelled in it. That's how I was introduced to him.

Definitely has a lot of ability, though. He reminds me of Cazorla a bit.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Have to say, things are looking up a bit after months of links to Carrasco, Praet, Brahimi etc...

Saliba, Tierney, Everton, Ceballos, another CB and we are set for the next season.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:38 pm

Saliba doesn't even start to be an option until 20/21 though so you would actually probably need 2 CBs if Koscielny leaves
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:29 pm

Ceballos would be good but i hope there is an option to buy even if it's at 30m or something.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:49 pm

Torreira-Guendouzi
-----Ceballos-----
in 4231 is as best midfield imo
Ceballos also option for CM role in back 3 variations
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:01 pm

the F? not having a dig at you guys but since when were you a developmental club? not a great look
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:04 pm

Beggars cant be choosers
even when we sign a young player its short term plan Laughing
probably saving money for Zaha!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:06 pm

yeah I guess it's fine if you can get Zaha in, silly money being quoted for him though IMO but I guess that's the market we're in.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:04 am

May be I am missing something but why would we want Zaha when we can have Nicolas Pepe for the same or even lower sum of Money and also significantly lower wages??
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:35 am

mani88 wrote:May be I am missing something but why would we want Zaha when we can have Nicolas Pepe for the same or even lower sum of Money and also significantly lower wages??

I watched a few of Lille's matches last season, and Nicolas Pepe looked like a genuinely exciting talent, based on those 4-5 matches. There must be some reason why he hasn't been linked to all of the top clubs, because he looks like a top, top talent from what I can tell. I can't imagine there are many reaonable players with his level of talent out there. I suppose the reported transfer fees and wage demands can never be fully trusted, though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:39 am

I along with others have been mentioning Pepe quite a lot in this thread but that was when we thought would have CL football to offer
still probably club is waiting for Pepe's decision(even if we have very little chance) before seriously pushing for Zaha
dangerous game to play going for Zaha late in the window
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:59 am

Pepe is a top talent but isn't the finished product yet. On the other hand, Zaha is.

I don't think many teams want to pay 70m for a player who still has some polishing to do.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:17 am

I like this move. It's not a long-term fix, but I'd rather they invest in a quality midfielder when they have more money than shop around for C/D-level targets. The money they have now needs to go on that defence.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:36 pm

Kick wrote:Pepe is a top talent but isn't the finished product yet. On the other hand, Zaha is.

I don't think many teams want to pay 70m for a player who still has some polishing to do.

Zaha (Finished product) has 19 goals and 15 assist is last 2 seasons
Pepe has 36 goals and 17 assist in last 2 seasons (albiet in a different league than EPL)
Considering both will flop and do an Alexis sanchez, two years later its much easier to offload a winger "looking for revival" who is 26 versus who is 29. (Hence a much better resale value).
I am unable to digest the thought process that goes into signing an 80-100 million pounds Zaha and letting go of an oppurtunity to sign Nicolas pepe for around 70-90 million who will also agree on a significantly lower wages than Zaha (currently earns about half of what Zaha earns). I always considered Zaha the smoke screen for Pepe but as the transfer window is going by Zaha news seems to intensify, while Pepe news dying.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:46 pm

Tell em mani, lol Zaha is such a fraud. Especially at that price that Palace is asking
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 44 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next