iftikhar
Hapless_Hans
McLewis
41 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Calcio Saga 19/20 - Page 22 Empty Re: Calcio Saga 19/20

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:47 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Completely agreed McLewis. The problem once again comes down to how poorly the FIGC deals with these segregated felons not a wide-scale problem in Italy like it is made out to be.

And of course the Cagliari have gotten scot-free for their tifosi antics vs Inter, confirmed today.

It seems to me that it's almost like the FIGC have greased the palms of UEFA and FIFA to look the other way on this as well. If the FIGC can or won't take action here, then UEFA and/or FIFA should. Knowing how corrupt both of those organizations are, I'm not holding my breath.

Pallotta at least had the the balls to speak out against our ultras and it ignited a nearly season-long war of words with them and several stadium boycotts. I have never seen such a an emotionally sensitive group of grown men in my life.

McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:00 pm

I used to rather hold Ultras in high regard in my more nascent Calcio viewing days.

I adored their relentless noise, melodious chants and the fierce voice that rattled arenas home and away, Italy or Europe.

They create the best cuori and banners in Europe in my opinion and even in small packs they can be deafening if one hears them for what they are, since Serie A TV productions try to balance their sound due to the the occasionally vulgar nature of their chants.

No really, in person I hear them above all nations of club fans.

But slowly came to the realisation a good majority of them, as mentioned above by me, literally take their team far too seriously, above their lives and like many fans feel entitled to more rights than they have.

All in all beyond the collective one individual fan means fuck all to a big club and continually in annoys me the letter ultras write to clubs with that tone if anyone has ever read them, the resorting to violence to fulfil their objectives and not really knowing much of the game I have noticed beyond their own staunch, usually outdated views.

Why? Probably the side-effect of not really watching the game but involved in the noise to support your team, maybe.

Having met many of them I noticed they usually are the worst dressed, most odd-ball types of Italians and generally are not held with great regard outside of the Stadia.

This is why I used to single out Milantilldeath as the most atypical Ultra in his tone, opinions and views on football. And he was indeed one.

Their stands are their home. That is where they are accepted and hold the most power where they clearly do not in their lives. Their camaraderie and noise whilst very impressive and causes a chill down my spine many a times but is the noise truly for their own team? Most of them yes but one has to question what noise are they producing given they are so rarely heard beyond to the protests to their clubs, and into the real world outside of football.

Anecdotal yes, but just my perspective.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:26 pm

We need more ultras like MTD. Top guy. These issues wouldn't exist otherwise.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:44 am

McLewis wrote:
Agnelli: Juve blackmailed by ultras
By Football Italia staff

Andrea Agnelli claims Juventus were blackmailed by ultras as it is alleged they threatened to sing racist chants if they did not receive free tickets.

Twelve leaders of Juve ultras groups were arrested yesterday for criminal conspiracy, blackmail, money laundering and violence.

The Bianconeri have been working with authorities in their investigation, and Agnelli admitted his club had been pressured by hardcore fans.

“Juve have been forced to adhere to the demands of the ultras, aware of the possible negative consequences such as racist chants and other conduct likely to result in fines, bans or closure of the curva,” the patron told prosecutors in Turin.

The arrests were followed by a banner that read, “the Curva Sud is dead,” amidst speculation it had been rolled out by the group ‘Drughi’.

‘Drughi’ was described by deputy prosecutor Patrizia Caputo as a ‘military-type’ organisation, whose members have ‘a lifestyle of violence’.

In the meantime, ANSA reports Juve’s home match against Verona this Saturday could be postponed due to rising tensions amongst supporters.

“Saturday’s game was one that already caught our attention,” warned Turin police chief Giuseppe De Matteis.

“They are two fan bases with different ideologies. Now the risks are increasing because reactions are predictable.”

And of course, because they don't like that Agnelli followed the law and cooperated with the police, they are boycotting Juve's away game at Atleti because they are gigantic manbabies.

It's like I said, they hold a lot more sway over these clubs than people appear comfortable admitting. This is the real problem in Italian football and no one wants to actually fix it.

Add to that, that they usually are the ones fixing matches and games. Plus they are always active politically.

I am glad that Agnelli took this bold step, but will the others follow?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:05 am

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: wtf is that

Absolutely no respect for the club they pretend to support

Excellent post by Arq which gives me a clearer perspective on ultras
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Juventus: Buffon; Danilo, Bonucci, Demiral, Alex Sandro; Ramsey, Bentancur, Matuidi; Cuadrado, Dybala, Cristiano Ronaldo

Juventus bench: Szczesny, Pinsoglio, De Ligt, Pjanic, Khedira, Mandzukic, Higuain, Emre Can, Rugani, Rabiot, Bernardeschi

Verona: Silvestri; Rrahmani, Kumbulla, Gunter; Faraoni, Amrabat, Veloso, Lazovic; Zaccagni, Verre; Di Carmine

Verona bench: Berardi, Radunovic, Vitale, Henderson, Pazzini, Danzi, Dawidowicz, Salcedo, Pessina, Empereur, Tutino, Adjapong

As you can see this is the most interesting line-up Sarri has fielded in a long while, with several new names in the starting line-up.

Buffon, Demiral, Ramsey, Dybala and Bentancur in its own way.

This 'rotation' does come a day after Sarri publicly declaring Italians overvalue rotating which tells me he is either doing this to prove a point or the several non-starters are truly for rotation itself and not him changing his ways given he did something similar in Napoli with games like these.

Either way a huge chance for the fringe players to show their mark as this will be Demirals first game, Ramsey's first start and Dybala who looked bright and eager coming on versus Atletico. And of course the first game for Buffon again between the sticks to beat Maldini's record.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:25 pm

One of the most entertaining series of last 3 minutes in football.

Cristiano appeals for a penalty before taking a shot yet in the next minute Verona are awarded one themselves after Demiral 20 mins into his Juventus debut concedes, it.

The penalty is hit on the left post, followed by a rebound hitting the crossbar, and in the recycle of Verona possession Velosa strikes a sensation shot from 25+ yards to get it in the top left corner to make it 0-1 Verona. :bow:

Beautiful.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:35 pm

RAMSEY
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:37 pm

Juventus equals it 1-1.

Most striking part after Verona's opener is CR getting to that point he does in the early season where he wants to create the momentum for his scoring streaks and definitely had no shame in it with long distance shots to get off the mark, similar to how he began last year for Juventus, especially when he is not getting the ball too much.

But in this play he squares it off to Ramsey from the edge of the box with an intelligent pass who shoots it from 20 yards down the centre and it deflects off the CB to go into the far left corner. Lucky goal admittedly and has been a frustrating game for Ramsey who is so far failing to adapt in his starting debut. Definitely can add a lot once he settles though.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:46 pm

Demehral conceding a penalty? You hate to see it.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:47 pm

Ramsey has arrived
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:06 pm

RealGunner wrote:Ramsey has arrived

The Welsh Dele Alli :bow:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:10 pm

One of the worst penalty concessions I've seen in a long time.

Cuadrado who clearly has his speed even now is chased by the Verona LB who just ends up not only just lazily clipping his calf despite nowhere near the ball but pushing him down.

Verona away fans and even his own teammates questioned his audacity and there goes the little chance Verona had. Infuriating concession.

CR, hungry to make his only 1 goal vs Napoli into 2, beautifully slots it past the GK for the penalty. No celebration just retrieves the ball back like in Ramsey's equaliser and looks more determined than ever.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Ramsey has looked a little daunted by his new environment for most of the game, understandable.

But his chemistry with the much accommodating Ronaldo makes it seem as if they played for years together.

Off now for Khedira but a lot of promise for what he CAN show with Juventus.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Calcio Saga 19/20 - Page 22 N08A8NO

Sarri if he does not start Khedira or sub in him before 60 mins.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:57 pm

Matuidi dribbling like he's Ben Arfa what an awful league.

Leao getting his first start of the season against Inter. No pressure, kid.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:08 pm

Verona are just bad period and Juric coaching them does not help.

Not much to go by here aside from Sarri's ideas definitely coming into play as the games go and not as flat and rigid as they were earlier, and it will be interesting to see how Ramsey is used should he actually break into Sarri's unrotatable starting XI.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:27 pm

Milan line-up against inter

Milan: G Donnarumma; Conti, Musacchio, Romagnoli, Rodriguez; Kessie, Biglia, Calhanoglu; Suso, Piatek, Leao

Subs: Reina, A Donnarumma, Theo Hernandez, Duarte, Bennacer, Gabbia, Borini, Bonaventura, Paqueta, Rebic, Castillejo, Krunic

--------------------

Whether inter plays candreva or d'ambrosio, they are going to burst past Rodriguez and leave him for dead... should have played hernandez

This could be few games against inter before both clubs will be moving to new stadium... word has it that both inter and milan will host press conference this week on 27th concerning new stadium announcement

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:30 pm

Oh wow Milan signed Leao?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:Oh wow Milan signed Leao?

yea but he hasn't got chance whatsoever....

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:35 pm

This game will definitively decide whether I am on the Giampaolo boat or not as so far I have seen little to be excited over aside from his words to which are engaging to listen to but they do not seem to carry over to the pitch.

Time given or not I care not given Conte is just as new and this is Derby della madonnina and not a tinkering theatre.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:38 pm

Arquitecto wrote:This game will definitively decide whether I am on the Giampaolo boat or not as so far I have seen little to be excited over aside from his words to which are engaging to listen to but they do not seem to carry over to the pitch.

Time given or not I care not given Conte is just as new and this is Derby della madonnina and not a tinkering theatre.

yea same here, personally i think giampaolo is in much better position than conte because he has only serie a commitments at most and plenty of time to prepare players. Certainly he has had plenty of time for his failed experiments and i hope he can show case there is some sort of solidity in his approach

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:42 pm

Ngl it would be a total surprise if we don't end up losing convincingly. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:43 pm

Casciavit wrote:Ngl it would be a total surprise if we don't end up losing convincingly. Laughing

XD i am waking up 3:45 am in the morning to see my team loosing convincingly

giampaolo should try not to fail to impress me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:51 pm

sigh,.... why is suso still playing as AM....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:59 pm

rodriguez almost a nice assist to lautaro Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next