Lex
Nishankly
McLewis
RealGunner
Kick
24 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by Kick Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:07 pm

Australia and New Zealand are going to host the 2023 World Cup.

I. AM.PUMPED!

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Women's General Football Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Women's General Football Discussion

Post by McLewis Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:17 pm

LA gets a Women's team. In the middle of a recession and pandemic. That's a signal of very strong financial health for the NWSL. Exciting ownership group, full of celebrities (as is the custom for LA sports teams). Lots of former USWNT alums involved too.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Great news :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:06 pm

Man City making 2 mega signings with Rose Lavelle and Sam Mewis joining.

WSL looking downright juicy now.

Lavelle is the future of USWNT. I believe she'll win a Balón D'or. Maybe even 2. We have never had a player with the kind of pace and close-control dribbling she has. Christen Press maybe the closest I can think of and Lavelle is faster.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:27 pm

Damn Lavelle is a player I rate super highly. Her going to City is a real Coup.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:15 pm

Interesting to see the younger USWNT stars make the jump over the pond. The older players have largely stayed put in NWSL as they are often the anchors of their respective clubs.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:34 pm

McLewis wrote:Interesting to see the younger USWNT stars make the jump over the pond. The older players have largely stayed put in NWSL as they are often the anchors of their respective clubs.

Yeah.

But the investment being made in England is crazy at the moment. I'd find it hard to resist.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:14 pm

Statement signing. Wow :bow:

How are we going fit it Kerr, Harder, England, Cuthbert, and Kirby in our lineups? Some big names are going to be on our bench :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:59 am

WSL quickly becoming must-watch here:

Greenwood moving directly from United to City is some kinda flex. Spicy stuff.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:28 pm

This is getting crazy.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:15 pm

Essentially, the virus is forcing a lot of our players' hand in that it's not particularly safe enough here for the NWSL to do a normal season (many players are opting out) and with national team places always up for grabs, it's only right that these ladies want to keep playing competitive football. They'll get plenty of that in the WSL, that's for sure, while also raising it's profile to new heights.

Would be great to see more little girls sporting Chelsea, Arsenal, United, City, etc kits with women's players names on the back.

For my part, I've already decided that I'll be getting all 3 of this season's Roma kits and that each of them will feature players from our women's team. It's looking like I'll be repping Allyson Swaby, Lindsey Thomas and I'm not yet sure on the 3rd player. If Crystal Dunn ends up moving overseas, I'm copping whatever team she moves to. She's my favorite WNT player.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:50 pm

Just when you thought it couldn't get better, it does:

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:54 am

Interesting that United and Spurs are getting in on the act with these signings, given they're new to the WSL.

The league needs it because Arsenal, Chelsea and City only dropped points to each other last season. Arsenal in particular stuck six past Reading on opening day and nine yesterday against West Ham. Jill Roord has two hat-tricks already. Miedema sits on a puny four goals in two game. Anyone outside the top three just get swept.

Arsenal lacked depth last season. They've strengthened the defence this season so hopefully they can field their best XI more often now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:16 pm

Jay29 wrote:Interesting that United and Spurs are getting in on the act with these signings, given they're new to the WSL.

The league needs it because Arsenal, Chelsea and City only dropped points to each other last season. Arsenal in particular stuck six past Reading on opening day and nine yesterday against West Ham. Jill Roord has two hat-tricks already. Miedema sits on a puny four goals in two game. Anyone outside the top three just get swept.

Arsenal lacked depth last season. They've strengthened the defence this season so hopefully they can field their best XI more often now.

The top clubs in the men's league have more money to spend in the women's league, and it's becoming more profitable so they're investing more heavily.

Makes sense Spurs and United are bring in bigger players. It's also great for the league!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Sep 13, 2020 10:45 pm

I'm very curious if this is just a COVID-sized injection of talent into the WSL or if the American imports will actually stay beyond their loans. Depending on how much influence they bring to their respective sides, I think they will.

The only one that is coming back with more surity will probably be Morgan. She's one of the crown jewels of the NWSL. It would take some doing to pry her away permanently.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 02, 2021 8:42 am

Team news

Chelsea (4-3-2-1) Berger; Carter, Bright, Eriksson, Charles; Ingle, Leupolz, Ji; Kirby, Harder; Kerr.
Substitutes: Musovic, Telford, Blundell, England, Reiten, Fleming, Cuthbert, Spence, J Andersson, Fox.

Bayern Munich (4-3-3) Benkarth; Glas, Ilestedt, Hegerin, Simon; Lohmann, Zadrazil, Magull; Beerensteyn, Schuller, Buhl.
Substitutes: Grohs, Lehmann, Boye Sorensen, Corley, Dallmann, Asseyi, Wenninger, Laudehr, Vilhjalmsdottir.

Referee Esther Staubli (Switzerland).

2nd leg of the CL semi, Bayern won the first leg
2-1

Chelsea up 1-0 after 10 minutes
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 02, 2021 9:01 am

ZADRAAAAAZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLL

what a goal
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 02, 2021 9:11 am

Pernille Harder is such a good name
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 02, 2021 9:16 am

Ji with the 2-1, second ball after a free kick

all equal now
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 16, 2021 4:13 pm

Barca 1-0 up over Chelsea in the CL final.  1st minute goal has shocked Chelsea, but they're growing into the game.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 16, 2021 4:15 pm

Holy shit......Barca just won what looks like a soft penalty. Leupolz unlucky there. Trailing leg caught Hermoso. Lieke Martens created that chance with a good run though.

Last edited by McLewis on Sun May 16, 2021 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 16, 2021 4:23 pm

3-0 Barca....wow. Chelsea absolutely imploding here. They look absolutely stunned. Awful defending on that goal.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 16, 2021 4:42 pm

4-0 Barca. Lieke Martens again tearing the Chelsea backline apart. WOTM performance and it's not even half time yet.

Chelsea have managed just a single shot on target. This is incredible from Barca.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun May 16, 2021 6:43 pm

Unbelievable win for Barca. They have really staked a claim as the new power in the women's game in Europe. An absolute series of sucker punch for Chelsea, who were clear favorites coming into this. The likes of Harder, Kirby and Kerr went missing while a super experienced defender like Millie Bright got pushed around quite a bit by the Barca attackers. Just no fire from these players.

There should certainly be an inquisition as to what happened.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 19, 2021 8:39 am

I dont understand why these things are being compared. The mens final is watched by 400m people worldwide and the womens by a couple mil at best.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed May 19, 2021 10:05 am

I honestly don't waste my energy debating this anymore. I'm all for pointing out the discrepancy, but I don't get into the back and forth. It's never productive.

I'm just here to support women's football.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next