Warrior
Art Morte
El Gunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:14 am

Freeza wrote:Yeah, Jokic has been in the convo all season.

We know ElG only gets basketball news from Cowherd, Broussard, Marcellus and other boneheads, which would explain the lack of Jokic.

That said. Booker as MVP Laughing fuck outta here

what? why are you lying like this? you are talking as if you have a memo log of my online activity... just because i may have posted a video or reference of those guys here once doesn't mean that's where i get all my media information from

And why not Booker? He is clearly the best player on his team that sit second in the almighty West. Sure, CP3 is the glue that makes everything look better, but Booker is their offensive spark, the closer and THE GUY on that team. You might as well just say you haven't watched enough Suns games this season, if any.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:48 am

Booker lol.

The 5 in the conversation all season have been Jokic, Dame, Harden, Embiid and Lebron with Giannis entering it over the last month or so.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:48 am

Might as well give Joe Ingles a spot in the MVP convo if we’re putting Booker in there.

There’s a reason Phoenix have been shit every year with him leading the team and now they’re suddenly great when CP3 arrive. That’s what the best PG of a generation does to a team.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:53 am

^^they literally were the team of the bubble or have you forgotten? Monty Williams also has a big imprint on that team, like i said CP3 has just come in and made everything look more mature and better out there on court, i admit that much, i'm not taking away his impact, but i don't see how this takes away from Booker's impact as well. Let's put it this way, where would this Phoenix team be without Booker? - an OKC of last year 2.0, hell if not maybe a little bit worse off because they don't have the dynamism of SGA and Schroder which that OKC team had.

comparing Booker to Ingles?? Laughing you and Mole are just being pathetic as always trying to belittle my takes 🚮
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:27 pm

with LeBron and Embiid missing time and not looking like they'll be back anytime soon... my MVP list now looks like this:

1. Harden
2. Jokic
3. Booker

i don't get Dame Lillard hype at all, he is merely doing what he did last season and his team has been slugging out an uphill fight on the standings all season.. okay, Nuggets were too in the early stages of the season but they have more dominant/controlled wins than Portland do (they've just been too hot n cold with their results because Murray and MPJ haven't been consistent enough), in contrast Dame is nowhere near as dominant as Jokic out there. In fact Dame's efficiency is worse off than it was last season.

special shoutout to Ben Simmons for helping keep things afloat at Philly while Embiid's been out, i hope he wins DPOY
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:15 pm

Ok I'll explain why Booker isn't in the conversation.

It's because all 6 of the guys in question have been better lol.

Dame is in the conversation because without him Portland are literally a 12th seed team.

You want to know what the difference between us and Portand is when it comes to point differential? Literally nothing, the difference is Dame has been the best player in the league in the clutch.

He's been doing this without CJ, Nurkic and others.

The other guys shouldn't even need to be explained, Lebron and Embiid was unquestionably top 3 before they went down and haven't been done long enough to usurped by Booker lol.

Harden and Jokic is not really necessary to be explained and Giannis has been playing at an MVP level for the last 2 months but nobody cares because unlike with the usual narrative around Lebron people are actually bored of him.

Booker just isn't on that level, it's like giving Mitchell or Gobert MVP consideration. You're doing so because of record, it goes way deeper than that and to be frank the Suns wouldn't be anywhere without CP.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:08 pm

hmm interesting points, i can respect that
it's you're opinion, but i believe it's wrong and i disagree with it Smile
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:30 pm

Lillard carried those injury plagued Blazers to places where they don't belong and made some big shots to win games they shouldn't have won.

He's righfully in the conversation. Booker is one of my favorite players but I haven't seen a single Phoenix game this year so I don't know really.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:37 pm

I hate the NBA media so much.

Apparently Zion is quietly living up to expectations and he would be better in a bigger market.

Firstly he's on national TV twice a week and secondly there's nothing fucking quiet about Zion lol.

Even if they were it's their fucking job to make sure it isn't quiet and you know actually cover the league?

Entire thing is a cesspool, the media wants every player to play for the same 6 teams and everyone else to feed them.

It's by far the worst thing about that sport and sadly they're mostly getting what they want.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:42 pm

Zion has been anything but quiet for me in fantasy. Fuming my team isn't in a dynasty league right now.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:34 am

Vibe wrote:Lillard carried those injury plagued Blazers to places where they don't belong and made some big shots to win games they shouldn't have won.

He's righfully in the conversation. Booker is one of my favorite players but I haven't seen a single Phoenix game this year so I don't know really.

maybe im being harsh on Lillard

trust me on Booker mate Wink
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:00 pm

I can't work out whether I want the Nets to win the title or not...

Pros:
- Harden is a historical player, I wouldn't mind that sort of a player to get a ring.
- Griffin and Aldridge are veterans whose careers would get a nice ending.
- It's the Nets, why not them getting their moment if Cleveland got it, too.

Cons:
- Don't like Irving or Durant.
- Harden, Irving, Durant, Griffin, Aldridge sounds like the most disgusting, most anti-competitive super team in history.

What'yall think?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:11 pm

I can't express this enough, Aldridge and Griffin aren't good players anymore lol.

The only thing super about about the nets are Irving, Durant and Harden. People need to chill on these guys, they aren't what their names say they are.

Sure it's a Super team in 2015, but not 2021.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:13 pm

In all honesty, the only thing that makes me want Nets to lose is the fact that Irving, Harden and Durant all strike me as being little bitches.

On the contrary, I would like very much to see a ring on Griffin and Aldridge.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:27 pm

Mole a Nets shill now or something? What have they got Aldridge for? A million?

Why are people wrong for being annoyed that a super team has got a player that literally everyone in the entire NBA would take on that contract?

You're not allowed to be annoyed because LaMarcus isn't KAT?

You act like you're the only one who watches the NBA here. Everyone here knows that Aldridge isn't the player he was in 2015 but would you take him on a million?

Or is it that somehow KD/Irving/Harden isn't a super team? Lmao. Sorry, if that's not a super team, then Love/LeBron/Irving was absolute shit.

This is like if there was a massive wealthy tax cut but it helped some middle class Americans and you see people going "ay but it helps the middle class you nitwit"
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:31 pm

I think Mole is saying that the Nets are a super team because of KD, Kyrie and Harden and not because they added a washed up Blake and Aldridge on minimum contracts and I think he’s absolutely right. Usually these vets join contenders every season on the cheap

I agree with mole. I don’t think that adding Aldridge and Blake make them the most anti competitive team ever. I still don’t think they’re better than the Warriors with KD or than the Heat with LeBron, Wade and Bosh and I say this because of Kyrie’s brain and KD’s health but if healthy they’re going to be in that conversation

As fans we can be salty but this has been the way of the league for decades now. The league encourages super teams more than they stop them. Mole pointed out just this week regarding Zion and needing a bigger market. Instead of the narrative being, “look at this young team with a franchise player in Zion and a great young core with Ingram, Lonzo etc.” the narrative is already “Zion needs a bigger stage”- I think this is the real problem

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:17 am

Unbelievable that this needs to be explained lol. ^

People have been acting like adding players who haven't performed at even a good standard is unfair because they were once good lol.

Aldridge has been a net negative for two years and Griffin the same. Yet suddenly they are unfair additions.

It's not about defending anything, i couldn't care less. It's about pointing out the stupidity of people losing their damn mind over two guys who aren't effective basketball players anymore.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:50 am

agree with Mole and Luca
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:27 am

MVP shit
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:33 pm

There's much bigger nights, games you could have used to bring up your point mind lol.

Bulls are trash (despite the trade)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:21 am

We'll see what LMA looks like on the Nets. It's clear that Spurs went away from him because of their timeline and needs not because he can't cut it for them.

Had a fantastic first game anyway.

I should note that my point was never that LMA makes Nets a super team, you can't find me saying that. You can find me being annoyed that LMA joins the Nets, and you can find me laughing at what that lineup would look like if it were 2015. My point was more about it's Moles classic condescending gatekeeping. Trying to make people look like they're idiots for being annoyed that Nets walk into a contract like LMA's, which every team in the league would have liked. As a Bucks fan who has a competitive team for what will likely be the only time in my life, I think I'm allowed to be annoyed that the Nets are getting such a great contract without Mole coming in here with a big dick.

If LMA was washed as fuck and couldn't play a second in the playoffs, it would still be a great contract and a great pickup.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:22 pm

Nah, LMA was a net negative on the Spurs the last two seasons.

They were vastly better with him off the court vs on, that's the reason they got rid. Timeline had zero to do with it.

Also there's a difference between good pickup and what the reaction was, people were reacting like he's gonna average 25 in the playoffs.

It's unfair, this is one of the biggest super teams ever etc. Calling him a potentially a good pick up is a well adjusted opinion.

What happened is nowhere close to that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:49 am

Jalen Suggs just made his case to go number 1. We need to TANK. Like lose every single game for the rest of the season Laughing

El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:31 am

Made his case to go number 1 lol.

No he didn't. If anyone bases their draft picks on a lucky bank shot they should lose their job.

Cade is clearly going first, as he should.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:56 am

Robert Williams is so good
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olUC36vnqoM

yuppp

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41PeRfRQNrL._AC_.jpg

Freeza rage in 3..2..1
"ughghgh EG only listens to bums and stupid people online blah blah blah"
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next