Warrior
Art Morte
El Gunner
The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:27 pm

I mean it's a sign and trade for agreeing to not match.

We were never gonna get anything good.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 39 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I mean it's a sign and trade for agreeing to not match.

Well, you could have matched and just traded him elsewhere for more no? Or is there a no trade for some time after re-signing?

Either way not a huge get to help Chicago clear cap for him. I'd have pushed for swaps or a 1st at least.

That said. Pels prob just wanted to show how they'll let unsettled players walk/choose their own situation.

And they got DeRozan. Weird ass team where everyone is kinda good at play making, but no one is elite. Could be great if they fit.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:32 pm

Sato is a nice oldschool point guard tbh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:50 pm

Freeza wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I mean it's a sign and trade for agreeing to not match.

Well, you could have matched and just traded him elsewhere for more no? Or is there a no trade for some time after re-signing?

Either way not a huge get to help Chicago clear cap for him. I'd have pushed for swaps or a 1st at least.

That said. Pels prob just wanted to show how they'll let unsettled players walk/choose their own situation.

And they got DeRozan. Weird ass team where everyone is kinda good at play making, but no one is elite. Could be great if they fit.

Yes but it's obvious we had zero plans to match, that should be obvious by little every single report around Lonzo over the last year.

It is what it is, look at every single sign and trade during free agency literally ever.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:09 am

Meanwhile the Kings sign Alex Len on a 2 year deal

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 39 200.gif?cid=85b9463djlf6zx2wv8r3ju8pl3tum0b82mim3nzxl86k460q&rid=200

I wish Luguentz Dort is traded to a contender so i can buy his jersey. Great defense every match and his shoot is improving. Don't want to rep the OKC Wackos, a team that lose on purpose so they can draft Josh Giddey
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:44 am

Westbrook to Lakers, I guess who stays healthy between the Lakers and Nets will win the NBA championship.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:13 am

This Graham shit can fuck off mind, I'm not gonna defend this shit lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:36 am

CBarca wrote:
El Gunner wrote:i was about to post i'm leaving with Steph and Klay to their next teams, but Moody dropping to 14th cheered me up.

I guess Wiseman and Kuminga (and maybe Wiggins too) is still a nice trade package.

So you're not a warriors fan? You're just a Steph fan?

I don't get people being fans of players more than teams, BUT it's also not my job to judge other people for their fan choices...so stop being an asshole CB

Edit: maybe Steph can go to NO and Mole and EG can be buddies

I can understand it, honestly If you have no connection to the city or the area it is easy to lose your fandom to the team.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:33 pm

Really got Monk on a minimum
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:05 pm

^^that's ring-chasing as ring-chasing gets Laughing

i hope all these thristy hoes flocking to Lakers and Nets fall short of the finals.

Wiseman needs to take a tremendous leap this season :facepalm: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 39 1f44f
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Yes but it's obvious we had zero plans to match, that should be obvious by little every single report around Lonzo over the last year.

It is what it is, look at every single sign and trade during free agency literally ever.

Like just now?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:08 pm

El Gunner wrote:^^that's ring-chasing as ring-chasing gets Laughing

i hope all these thristy hoes flocking to Lakers and Nets fall short of the finals.

Wiseman needs to take a tremendous leap this season :facepalm: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 39 1f44f

Gotta love someone five years my junior already ring chasing Proud

Fucking hell I’m old
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:26 pm

DeMar to Bulls.
1. Lonzo
2. LaVine
3. DeMar
4. Pat Williams
5. Vucevic

putting dibs on this Bulls experiment to be a flop
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:27 am

Freeza wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Like just now?

Yeah I'll admit i was wrong now.

I'm still angry about the Graham deal lol, nothing against him as a player but giving up a pick for him when he was leaving anyway is malpractice :facepalm:

Gonna take a lot for me to regain faith in what the FO is doing, i knew Lonzo was going like 6 months ago and was mostly in favour of it as it became obvious he wasn't a good fit.

But the other deals we've done this year and last year have been shite.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:23 am

A couple thoughts:

We probably don't win the title without PJ tucker and for that I'm very grateful, and I think it would have been wonderful to have him back. I'm not sure why Bucks fans are losing their shit over losing him though. He's a net negative on offense and defensively he was pretty good but not great (he had nothing on KD/Booker, although he did better with KD than others). His mentality and vet presence is what made him so good. However, after winning a championship, I'm not so sure that he's necessary in that regard. The other thing is, he was really just a replacement for Donte who is great defensively and offers more offensively.

In any case, we got Bobby Portis on a steal and that's way, way more important than PJ. I'm pleasantly surprised by George Hill coming back and Rodney Hood is OK, we'll see what we can get from him. Some rumors that we might be getting Oladipo, which would be great but we'll see what status he's at as well.

In general, I'm happy with the offseason so far, although we're looking at probably being a slightly weaker team.

As for other news: the Bulls team is really interesting. Unfortunately, that lineup is maybe the worst lineup defensively I've ever seen from a team that's legitimately trying to make a splash. I think they'll actually be decent in the regular season, and might even push for the 4 seed (after Nets, Bucks, Heat)...but I think they'll end up more at 5 or 6 and lose in the first round with poor defense in the playoffs. But we'll see. I'm really interested honestly just on the build of the team.

The current Lakers team is hilarious. Let the memes continue please. I hope they crash and burn. The Nets I hope the same for but they have to be championship favorites. Idk if they have unlimited cap space or what but adding Shamet and Bryn Forbes as shooters to a team with Harden, KD, Kyrie, and Joe Harris is just ridiculous. Will they be one of the best shooting teams in the history of the league?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:25 am

Gonna miss Caruso so much.

That said we got all the shooters I wanted. Incredible work by Rob. Also a bit unfair. Picking up Monk for the minimum and Nunn for 5 a year.

Just gotta see how everyone fits when they won’t get the shots they’re used to.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:54 am

What the fuck Laughing

Lakers signed half of the NBA.

Such a strange roster right now, I have no idea how this will work.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:13 am

The LA LEAKERS (as in get all the old men on that team adult diapers) Laughing
unbelievable recruiting Laughing they just went yolo... what does their squad size look like now? Will some of these players actually get game time?

@CB as far i read Bryn Forbes is going back to Spurs, and didn't Shamet go to the Suns?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:49 pm

Yeah I was mistaken, you're correct on both of those
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:40 pm

I think Patty Mills went to the Nets
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:54 pm

correct

meanwhile the Warriors stayed on brand and got injury prone Otto Porter and Bjelica.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:42 pm

El Gunner wrote:The LA LEAKERS (as in get all the old men on that team adult diapers) Laughing
unbelievable recruiting Laughing they just went yolo... what does their squad size look like now? Will some of these players actually get game time?

@CB as far i read Bryn Forbes is going back to Spurs, and didn't Shamet go to the Suns?

10/11 man rotation right now.

Dudley is essentially just an assistant coach who can tamper at this point.

PG: Russ, Nunn
SG: Monk, THT
SF: Ellington, Bazemore, Ariza
PF: LeBron, Melo
C: Davis, Gasol, Dwight

Love that roster. Good to have Dwight back. Needed him badly in the playoffs
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:11 pm

David Griffin is so bad as his job
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:15 pm

Kemba Walker to the Knicks, nothing in return
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:15 pm

I'll play devils advocate:

Gasol - washed
Melo - washed
Ariza - washed
Dwight - average
Nunn - slightly above average
Monk - slightly above average
THT - Has shown very little in playoffs or even the regular season, and not a shooter
Ellington - Old/inconsistent career...I won't even try to evaluate this dude, but generally just been a decent shooter who offers nothing else
Russ - Needs a spacing center to be maximally effective, which AD only kind of is, and Gasol won't play much, and Dwight isn't at all
Bazemore - I have nothing to say about him

Plus, this group as a whole are not made of defensive grit, intensity, and most importantly ability.

Lakers aren't dumb, the thing I'm leaving out when I play devils advocate is that while I really don't rate these players very highly, they are good shooters. The construction to surround AD/LeBron with shooters has already worked once and it may work again.

Now I'm just playing devil's advocate. I think these are generally good hauls. Getting Monk and Nunn are fantastic gets, in general. However I'm sincere in that I'm not sure I rate this squad all that highly.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:41 pm

Not really devil’s advocate as much as wrong.

Gasol was great last season. He’s washed, but washed compared to his old self. He’s still a valuable role player in the league.

Ariza is really the only one who’s truly suspect.

33 isn’t old. Not in this league for a 3 point shooter lol.

Also THT has shown more in the playoffs than plenty players lol. He’s clearly a big talent. Also he’s 20. When is lack of playoff moments a valid critique for someone younger than most people drafted two years after him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next