Eric García

3 posters

Go down

Eric García  Empty Eric García

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:49 pm

Seems to me like he could be better at CDM than CB but time will tell. I doubt he will be the new Pique, same path though:

La Masia > Manchester > Barca
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Eric García  Empty Re: Eric García

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:42 am

He wont work at CDM and I will be very surprised if he works at CB. He is slow, weak, gets bullied easily and is atrocious positionally.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:29 am

Truth be told I have seen him play only for a couple of minutes. So far GL has been mightily critical of the guy. In fairness he's only 20, so I will wait to pass final judgement. Worst case he could be a decent bench option but I hope nobody at the club expects him to be a starter from next season onwards.

I'm not a fan of Araujo or Mingueza either though.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:55 pm

I dont have an overall opinion on him as yet. My assumption is he can challenge Mingueza for a place in the team, but there will be some desire to put out a La Masia backline featuring Mingueza, Garcia, Araujo/Pique and Alba, just for the sake of novelty.

What I will say though, its always a little worrying when you see 1.70m Aguero built like a tank (by football standards) and the next day your new CB looks like he could be tossed aside by a strong enough gust of wind.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:56 pm

Some stats I came across. Not sure what to read into it really but thought id post.

Number of times dribbled past per 90 minutes.

Pique - 0.3
Araujo - 0.12
Mingueza - 1.09
Lenglet - 0.44
Eric Garcia - 1.63
Umtiti - 0.28
Ramos - 0.56
Varane - 0.3
Savic - 0.4
Felipe - 0.31
Kounde - 0.39
Diego Carlos - 0.32
Dias - 0.54
Fonte - 0.28
Marquinhos - 0.76
Laporte - 0.4
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:34 pm

Cant comment on all but for us not really surprising. The Pique number is extremely misleading. He knows he will get burnt so he keeps backing off and off; thereby conceding position.. Hard to get dribbled if he does that.
Araujo is not surprising for the right reasons. Not may players who can dribblet him. Mingueza also not surprising. he is rash (especially early in the season) and jumps in, often late. Smart dribblers will beat him since he is rash. But with experience and the right coaching, he can be hard to dribble against.

Eric Garcia number is worrying. The eye test confirms he is bad but I didnt realize he was that bad. Marquinhos is also surprising. Thought he would be better than that.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:19 pm

Style of play is important for sure.

Marqinhos and PSG obviously play higher on the field than Savic and Atleti. So the chances of getting in those kinds of duels is increased, plus just going by the usual profile, I would predict France have more dangerous, quick dribblers than La Liga.

Mingueza I think is excusable, especially as those minutes include playing at rightback where you will have more confrontations.

Agree about Pique. He refuses to engage because of his qualities.

Garcia is worrying indeed. Especially when you compare to Laporte.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:18 am

I still dont know if he is good or bad, but I can say for sure when he left the pitch and Pau Torres came on, it wasnt a pretty sight.

I think its also true Croatia piled on far more pressure and Torres and Laporte were getting dominating in duels, but I doubt Garcia would have fared any better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:21 am

Called up for Spain. No idea why he is rated so highly. Clearly Enrique rates him very highly. Is the CB situation that bad for Spain? Eric Garcia is the best Spain has to offer?
And it's not just Enrique. Koeman dropped him straight into the starting 11. I just don't see it with him. Decent on the ball but physique of a child. Any decent pacy forward will take him to the cleaners.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:41 am

Theres better defenders in Segunda. He must have good contacts in the NT, maybe hes a distant cousin of Lucho? But then again Pep also praised him and I don't know on what basis, he's an absolute trashbag, drivel, worst CB  ever seen.

That being said maybe thats too harsh since his grandfather passed away some time before the game but he really seems too frail for a CB. Inaki has always played like prime Eto'o against us but he cant really handle any defending. The one good thing he's sort of good at is passing, I guess. Barca B material.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:03 pm

I dont think he is as bad as suggested. I can understand the call up, as you saw in the Euro's or the La Real game, certain games he will do well in. Those teams who dont have a physical forward, he will defend adequately enough to justify his ball playing ability. He is good with the ball, I can see he has spent some time in midfield at some point.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:50 pm

Yeah, he is good with the ball. But not like he is Van Dijk or Hummels or a Rafa Marquez.
The lack of physique is a distinct issue especially with Busquets in front of you for club and country.
Lenglet is a better passer imo. Played a part in the goal against Getafe and had more good passes. Also, a better physical presence than Garcia.
Now if only Araujo could pass like Marquez, we would have our own Van Dijk.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:16 am

Agree, he doesn't have that kind of range. Really I should say he is very comfortable under high pressure and is a good short to mid range passer along the ground.

Araujo doesnt have those qualities true, though he did make a great long pass against Getafe which wasnt capitalized on.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:40 am

Apparently Pep said E.Garcia:
- had little experience of playing on the biggest stages
-could be a defensive liability
-shouldn't be a starter

The logical thing would be to not sign him but Barca did, and made him a starter :facepalm:
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down