Arquitecto
RealGunner
Kaladin
Art Morte
Hapless_Hans
Casciavit
16 posters

Go down

Benjamin Mendy has been charged with multiple rape and sexual assault claims  Empty Benjamin Mendy has been charged with multiple rape and sexual assault claims

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:02 pm

Manchester City footballer Benjamin Mendy, 27, has been charged with four counts of rape and one count of sexual assault against three complainants aged over 16 between October 2020 and August 2021, Cheshire Constabulary said

He's been suspended by Man City pending an investigation.

Worst transfer of all time?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Benjamin Mendy has been charged with multiple rape and sexual assault claims  Empty Re: Benjamin Mendy has been charged with multiple rape and sexual assault claims

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:08 pm

Does that mean you now accept Robertson as the best PL left back? @Casciavit
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Benjamin Mendy has been charged with multiple rape and sexual assault claims  Empty Re: Benjamin Mendy has been charged with multiple rape and sexual assault claims

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:12 pm

Loool my faith in Mendy ended more than a year ago.

I think it was that game against Wolves when Adama punked him out. ACL then the double meniscus tears have ruined his level.

Constantly injured and constant controversies off the pitch. I don't think there's been a bigger waste of 50M. Reading this news was especially vile.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:25 pm

Three complainants over the span of roughly one year, do they all know each other or how have they come together for this allegation?

I'm guessing all three women have hung out with Mendy out of their own will, until Mendy has allegedly gone too far without consent... Don't wanna be that guy, but... it's possible Mendy is guilty, but also possible these women are looking to get paid.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:35 pm

Tagliafico, Grimaldo, Digne, Guerreiro

Take your pick
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:28 pm

Art Morte wrote:Three complainants over the span of roughly one year, do they all know each other or how have they come together for this allegation?

I'm guessing all three women have hung out with Mendy out of their own will, until Mendy has allegedly gone too far without consent... Don't wanna be that guy, but... it's possible Mendy is guilty, but also possible these women are looking to get paid.

charged, not accused.

4 counts of rape and sexual assault. All separate charges. He must have done something horrific to get charged otherwise these things just gets settled in private.

can't believe how stupid these footballers are. You earn ridiculous amount of money to throw away your life like this.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:35 pm

Four counts Laughing

Mf making Inter & Milan legend Mancini look like a gentleman.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:38 pm

Robinho, Johnson, and now Mendy. Ronaldo will fit in right at home ffs.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Art Morte wrote:Three complainants over the span of roughly one year, do they all know each other or how have they come together for this allegation?

charged, not accused.

4 counts of rape and sexual assault. All separate charges. He must have done something horrific to get charged otherwise these things just gets settled in private.

can't believe how stupid these footballers are. You earn ridiculous amount of money to throw away your life like this.

"Charged" is just an accusation taken to court.

I totally believe Mendy has had sex with these women, but whether it's been rape or not, we'll see.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:

charged, not accused.

CR7 settled it in private, only for the alleged victim to have a change of heart several years later. We like to criticize celebrities when we can, but they're also more vulnerable to these accusations.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:05 pm

The girl that charged CR was bogus... police threw the criminal case out very quickly.  It was the civil litigation that CR settled to avoid the media frenzy.

She just wanted a paycheck.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:12 pm

yea these allegations are always murky waters
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:13 pm

nothing murky about several women accusing someone of rape to be honest

sounds like a pretty clear habit
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:15 pm

i am in no position to say whether it happened or not, nor will i ever be

but if you guys are familiar with the recent story of NBA player PJ Washington and his baby momma Brittany Renner, you will realise just how evil women can be and to what lengths they will go to to cash out from athletes who earn millions.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:20 pm

Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

Before the due process, everything remains "murky".
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:11 am

This looks bad. Four separate charges from three different women in the span of a year. City has suspended him.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:52 am

So, don't know UK law but in some places, once the woman says no and you still continue the act of sex, that can be considered rape (possibly sexual assault).

All in all, Mendy to be charged by 3 different women is not a good sign at all.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:25 pm

Wait, am I reading the latest reports right Shocked

Mendy's last offence occured while he was out on bail.

Disgusting pos of true
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:02 pm

He's young and rich, can get many girls easily

Imagine throwing your life away for sex :facepalm:
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:15 pm

We'll see what the investigation says, but given that it's 4 vs 1 his innocence is not looking likely.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:51 pm

In the UK system, the prosecution has to prove its case to the courts first before a defendant is prosecuted. But when you are prosecuted, it's the opposite to the US... you're presumed guilty and you have to prove your innocence. That's how I understand it.

So for Mendy's case to get this far... he's in serious, serious trouble. Much more so than if this happened in the US.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:58 pm

I believe you have it wrong! The US (and Canada, Australia etc) criminal justice system is based on the British (aka UK) criminal justice system, i.e. innocent until proven otherwise, whereas the French system is the opposite.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:42 pm

Its innocent until pet guilty almost everywhere. It's just the level of presumed guilt that needs to be established before pressing charges.

For instance, the reason Japan has an almost 99% conviction rate is because they don't charge until they have an iron clad case from the start. The US has a much lower bar for pressing charges, which is why criminal cases are actually competitive in court.

I think the British system has a higher bar for pressing charges than the US.

It is ridiculous to state that the French system is built on presumed guilt Laughing (they do have limited cases regarding presumed.guilt when it comes to terrorism though)
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:42 pm

I was taught (mind you this was years ago) in Canada that the British system had the presumption of innocence while the french system (as used in Quebec) was the opposite. I don’t have a law background but this is what was explained to me many years ago re lawyers graduating in Ontario vs Quebec. Obviously I must have misunderstood!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:50 pm

Thanks for the clarification LS.

Conviction rates are high in the US.  Very high in fact for federal cases (over 90% last I read).  But it's not because of a great judicial system... it's a low bar to present a case to court.  It's about resources.  Most people can't afford to properly defend themselves so, very often, they take a deal even if innocent.  It is a very very very expensive to defend yourself in the US.

In the UK and other places (like France), it's much much harder to even get a case to court.  So a person isn't forced to defend themselves without even a proper case being presented.

I really do not like the US system at all. Very litigious as a result.

Anyhow, Mendy is in deep shit.  It's not that easy to get a case prosecuted in the UK.  They really must have something.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down