Nishankly
Turok_TTZ
BarcaLearning
Casciavit
S
44 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

UCL Final 21/22 | Liverpool Vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL Final 21/22 | Liverpool Vs Real Madrid

Post by Myesyats Wed May 25, 2022 8:44 am

This is obviously a dig at Hazard isnt it? Laughing

UCL Final 21/22 | Liverpool Vs Real Madrid - Page 3 0efe0910

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

UCL Final 21/22 | Liverpool Vs Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: UCL Final 21/22 | Liverpool Vs Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 25, 2022 9:58 am

Thats a fake quote lolz
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed May 25, 2022 11:04 am

I dont think it is lol, he says in the interview your style depends on the players you have and then gives example of a fat and slim player

source: https://fb.watch/ddKbCxwVVu/
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Wed May 25, 2022 11:48 am

El Gunner wrote:what happened to Casemiro, and why all the hate or doubt on him? He is just 30 years old, and just as recent as 2018 or something he was Madrid's best player.

He's one of my favorite players but of the 3 (KCM) he's the only that gets mostly scapegoated because he's not a flashy or technical midfielder like kroos and modric. He has flaws (shit passing, easily dispossessed when under pressure) but his other elite qualities make up for it

However I do see that Kroos is finally getting some deserved criticism for his conservative playing style.

Casemiro is not perfect but he's one of the very best in his position. As Hala said, you give him the right partners that compensate for his flaws and he will do well
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed May 25, 2022 11:49 am

Actually you are right. I missed it the first time I read his interview on the official website.

Doubt he means Hazard as he mentioned he'd stick them in the penalty box. Hazard has never been that player but I am sure everyone in our club finds him fat and unprofessional
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 26, 2022 9:11 am

I don't think he was talking about Madrid specifically when he said it. He was talking in general that managers choose their playing style based on the qualities of the players they have.

In that regard, Madrid definitely doesn't have the players for gegenpressing. Liverpool have players with 4 lungs so it's understandable.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 26, 2022 9:27 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I don't think he was talking about Madrid specifically when he said it. He was talking in general that managers choose their playing style based on the qualities of the players they have.

In that regard, Madrid definitely doesn't have the players for gegenpressing. Liverpool have players with 4 lungs so it's understandable.

I've been saying this for years, but we have so many members on GL who believe that if you have a Klopp as a manager, you can turn an Esteban Granero into a Xabi Alonso regen no problem whatsoever UCL Final 21/22 | Liverpool Vs Real Madrid - Page 3 1f601
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu May 26, 2022 11:00 am

Thimmy wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:I don't think he was talking about Madrid specifically when he said it. He was talking in general that managers choose their playing style based on the qualities of the players they have.

I've been saying this for years, but we have so many members on GL who believe that if you have a Klopp as a manager, you can turn an Esteban Granero into a Xabi Alonso regen no problem whatsoever UCL Final 21/22 | Liverpool Vs Real Madrid - Page 3 1f601

at BVB Klopp literally had Lewandowski, Hummels, Reus, Gundogan, Aubameyang, Piszczek, Perisic etc and people act like he turned shit into wine Very Happy Most of these players are beasts still to this day
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 26, 2022 11:30 am

Myesyats wrote:
at BVB Klopp literally had Lewandowski, Hummels, Reus, Gundogan, Aubameyang, Piszczek, Perisic etc and people act like he turned shit into wine Very Happy Most of these players are beasts still to this day

Couple of them not at the same time, and I'd argue many of them only got good under Klopp (Lewa for example was the king of missing sitters when he joined BVB), and he also had to rely, even in big games, on the likes of Großkreutz etc; yeah those squads were really good, but winning the league against Bayern and reaching a UCL final was still very good.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 26, 2022 2:53 pm

3 more days to go, I can feel it, Liverpool to put Real in their place, they fluked their way to the final again, cant wait, just cant till Liverpool absolutely rape them... COME ON~
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu May 26, 2022 3:07 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:3 more days to go, I can feel it, Liverpool to put Real in their place, they fluked their way to the final again, cant wait, just cant till Liverpool absolutely rape them... COME ON~

Madrid had to go through what is quite possibly the toughest road to a CL final in recent memory: PSG->Chelsea->City. Yet, you call it a "fluke"? Okay, whatever makes you happy big guy.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 26, 2022 3:21 pm

No shame in losing to Pool, that's European 'eritage right there. Game recognizes game.

Better than that blowing 3 goal leads in QFs or losing to Bayern 8-2.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu May 26, 2022 4:55 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

Couple of them not at the same time, and I'd argue many of them only got good under Klopp (Lewa for example was the king of missing sitters when he joined BVB), and he also had to rely, even in big games, on the likes of Großkreutz etc; yeah those squads were really good, but winning the league against Bayern and reaching a UCL final was still very good.

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but teenage Lewa attracted interest from a midtable team here in Norway before he eventually went to Dortmund. The sporting director who scouted him at the time said that he seemed like a diamond in the rough, but they instead went for more of an established player who ultimately didn’t amount to much.

I’ve been reading some comments on the internet about Haaland’s transfer to Man City, and quite a lot of people seem to argue that Pep turned Lewa into the player he is today. I suppose it’s not only GL that likes to assume that players can’t develop independently of a club manager. I’m sure a lot players gain valuable experience from playing under different systems and managers, but the level of manager worshipping these days gives me religious vibes.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 26, 2022 6:13 pm

Been fervent and frantic about this for weeks in discussions with my footballing friends.

But not nervous per say given I've held the opinion for a month or so that this is the final where we take swift revenge on Madrid for that last final we shared last time LFC and RM faced off.

No this is no disrespect to the King of CL in Carlo let alone the current best player in the world in Benzema but this is where there luck ends as Real Madrid have their pedigree and a ridiculously winning squad but it really is past its legs I cannot see much beyond them capitalising on key mistakes in the back, in overcoming LFC.

It sounds arrogant but I see this as an easier than expected win and thanking the stars for RM whipping City and putting them in their NO UCL history place.

Worried about the injuries to some but hopefully the same line up with a wider midfielder should work along with our fullbacks being key today.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu May 26, 2022 6:56 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:3 more days to go, I can feel it, Liverpool to put Real in their place, they fluked their way to the final again, cant wait, just cant till Liverpool absolutely rape them... COME ON~

Cope and seethe lol

I'm not sure about Liverpool putting us in our place but we've certainly put you in your place enough times, but you always come back like the fanboy you are.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Thu May 26, 2022 7:11 pm

Pedram wrote:

Cope and seethe lol

I'm not sure about Liverpool putting us in our place but we've certainly put you in your place enough times, but you always come back like the fanboy you are.

Your first response to him was more appropriate!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu May 26, 2022 7:14 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Pedram wrote:

Cope and seethe lol

Your first response to him was more appropriate!

No thanks, I don't want to be docked another 25%, not for Barcalearning anyway Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 26, 2022 7:18 pm

I don't think I've seen a single Barcalearning post that isn't Barcalearningesque Laughing The consistency is impressive tbh, it's like an A.I is posting.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu May 26, 2022 8:16 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Been fervent and frantic about this for weeks in discussions with my footballing friends.

But not nervous per say given I've held the opinion for a month or so that this is the final where we take swift revenge on Madrid for that last final we shared last time LFC and RM faced off.

No this is no disrespect to the King of CL in Carlo let alone the current best player in the world in Benzema but this is where there luck ends as Real Madrid have their pedigree and a ridiculously winning squad but it really is past its legs I cannot see much beyond them capitalising on key mistakes in the back, in overcoming LFC.

It sounds arrogant but I see this as an easier than expected win and thanking the stars for RM whipping City and putting them in their NO UCL history place.

Worried about the injuries to some but hopefully the same line up with a wider midfielder should work along with our fullbacks being key today.

All those words to see your team get the 2nd place medal, pressure.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu May 26, 2022 9:45 pm

Forgive him, Arq has always carried around with him the misfortune of weirdly misplaced confidence.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri May 27, 2022 11:05 am

Now it’s calling out Liverpool fans for worshipping Klopp, when will it end Robbie
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri May 27, 2022 11:37 am

Doc wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Been fervent and frantic about this for weeks in discussions with my footballing friends.

All those words to see your team get the 2nd place medal, pressure.

Truth be told I'm so confident of LFC winning I cannot be bothered to write more given Madrid will be essentially and effectively, embarrassed in Paris despite their all glorious pedigree, manager and Karim himself.

My body is ready for the most humiliating profile pic if its on the contrary.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 27, 2022 11:47 am

Nishankly wrote:Now it’s calling out Liverpool fans for worshipping Klopp, when will it end Robbie

It's not just Klopp, and it's not just Liverpool fans. Klopp and Pep are the most recent examples of this almost religious approach to vieweing managers. I suspect you're going to make this solely about Klopp, so I'll clarify that I think both Pep and Klopp are great managers, I don't think that needs mentioning and it's not what I'm getting at. I just believe there's a realistic limit to how many talents you can attribute to a football manager. Especially, when it comes to jumping to conclusions. From what I can tell, this phenomenon started around the time when someone suggested that Pochettino had some kind of otherworldly, man management ability. That was the first time I saw someone outright claim that a manager was definitely able to man manage any player from a different team into some kind of superstar.

All the talk about the most successful managers commanding not only tactical nous, but exceptional motivational ability, as well as a keen eye for how to nurture individual talent seemed like some Hollywood scenario, a joke, or some kind of child-like wish that magic exists without having to be demonstrated. I figured it was the opinion of a few, impressionable people, but then I saw the same claim in different comment sections of the internet. These days, such claims seem to have become a norm. I bet football becomes more exciting to watch for people who see things that way. To those who have no hesitation to jump on this bandwagon, I say good for you - but it's so irrational to me Laughing

As for the CL final tomorrow, I will naturally support Real Madrid, but I like both teams and I'm not so passionate about the sport these days that it would ruin my day if Liverpool beat us. With the amount of talent they have in their squad, I think there's an argument that they deserve to have won the competition twice.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 27, 2022 11:56 am

Guardiola and his clown fanboys have been pushing the "League > CL" agenda lately Laughing Obviously a cope for failing to deliver the biggest trophy. But I can see them doubling down on this nonsense if Klopp wins tomorrow. The fact that he'll have more CLs than EPL titles will be seen as a vindication of this argument.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri May 27, 2022 12:27 pm

Agendas like that are pretty common among football fans, but I think it's a fair argument that the Premier League may be less likely to boil down to decisive moments, and more demanding on a team's ability to perform sustainably over a longer period of time against a wide variety of teams. Some people probably view winning the league as more difficult or a greater achievement, overall, and I see where they're coming from.

I do recall some of our Barcelona fans and sympathizers on here arguing in favor of La Liga's difficulty when Real Madrid were struggling both domestically and in the CL. It doesn't change the fact that the CL is the more prestigious tournament and provides more money to the winner, though. Regardless, of which tournament is more difficult or demanding, I assume the majority of teams would favor winning the CL.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 27, 2022 2:10 pm

Pep has always underlined that it's down to the players and not him. Even in a recent interview he says he can instruct his players and tell them what might happen during the match but ultimately it is down to the player to make a decision in split seconds, to make the pass and to receive the ball at the right moment and over that he has no control.

BTW, Zidane is also in the "League > CL" brigade.

Zidane, though, believes that the challenge of maintaining performance across 38 games is more difficult than lifting the Champions League.

"It's more difficult. I've always said that: it's more difficult," he said when asked about the difference between La Liga and European competition.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum