rincon
M99
neuro11
BarrileteCosmico
27 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Who will win?

World Cup 2022 - Group E - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%World Cup 2022 - Group E - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
World Cup 2022 - Group E - Page 5 Vote_lcap0%World Cup 2022 - Group E - Page 5 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
World Cup 2022 - Group E - Page 5 Vote_lcap100%World Cup 2022 - Group E - Page 5 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

World Cup 2022 - Group E - Page 5 Empty Re: World Cup 2022 - Group E

Post by El Gunner Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:03 pm

Havertz looks like a meth addict in recovery

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:00 am

;

Last edited by Nishankly on Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:35 am

It’s a boomer men vs boys analysis
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:36 am

El Gunner wrote:Havertz looks like a meth addict in recovery

So does Pete Davidson. Doesn’t stop them from having a lot of fangirls on Twitter. Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:22 am

Casciavit wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Havertz looks like a meth addict in recovery

So does Pete Davidson. Doesn’t stop them from having a lot of fangirls on Twitter. Laughing
Pete Davidson might actually be on meth tbf

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:25 am

El Gunner wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Nah they've been robbed by VAR with that 2nd goal, justice prevailed tho

Over the three games though, what do u think of their performances? First game even Ferran looked like Ballon D'or level XD But the other two games they were mediocre at best, Germany really came back into it vs them...

I guess doesnt matter too much, they gonna get beat by old CR prolly if they manage to reach the QF Razz

what? they outplayed Germany for 80 minutes in their matchup
whaat? You and I definitelywatched two different games. It was an even match until Sane got subbed on and it was all Germany from there
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:29 am

Myesyats wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Nah they've been robbed by VAR with that 2nd goal, justice prevailed tho

Over the three games though, what do u think of their performances? First game even Ferran looked like Ballon D'or level XD But the other two games they were mediocre at best, Germany really came back into it vs them...

I guess doesnt matter too much, they gonna get beat by old CR prolly if they manage to reach the QF Razz

They've too many weak links. Pedri and Gavi arent gonna carry a team to a WC final, they're kids. Ferran, Busquets are obvious weak links, Olmo is decent on a good day as well as Williams, but they're nothing special either. Morata scores here and there but he's meh. They're just average overall and many levels below the Spain of 10 years ago, but they deserved to at least advance from the group imo

World Cup 2022 - Group E - Page 5 Photo_21

this goal shouldn't have stood

Looks just on to me. Different angles will give different conclusions but VAR uses the angle i posted

Last edited by halamadrid2 on Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:57 am

Here's another photo

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:05 am

halamadrid2 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:

whaat? You and I definitelywatched two different games. It was an even match until Sane got subbed on and it was all Germany from there

i think you clearly have a bias against the Spanish team because of its strong Barca representation

go back to the matchday posts, everyone was posting for the majority of the game how Spain just lacks a true goal scorer, aside from that they completely bossed Germany around
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:41 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Here's another photo

This is exactly what was missing from German team. That fight for every inch, which Japan absolutely gave. I made fun of my Swiss friends for their football, I am getting handsomely repaid, lol.
No complaints at all, Hansi's football is great in club level but not suited to NT level.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:19 am

El Gunner wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

i think you clearly have a bias against the Spanish team because of its strong Barca representation

go back to the matchday posts, everyone was posting for the majority of the game how Spain just lacks a true goal scorer, aside from that they completely bossed Germany around
That's incorrect.

This was after the first half:

halamadrid2 wrote:Good game. Nobody really dominating. Germany probably need a striker. Musiala has been excellent, bossed the midfield

And we all know who dominated after Sane came on.

If you look at shots, Germany dominated that too. There wasn't asingle period in the game where Germany were defending for life. In fact it looked alot like Bayern v Barca but without Lewa/Mane so Germany were getting all the way to the penalty box and messed up every play. Spain played better for a period after Morata's intro but that didn't last long as they continued witu their tactical fouls after Fullkrug got subbed in.

The fact of the matter is Spain should be handing a brown envelope to Costa Rica for downing tools against them or they'd be out today
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:52 am

Helmer wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Here's another photo

This is exactly what was missing from German team. That fight for every inch, which Japan absolutely gave. I made fun of my Swiss friends for their football, I am getting handsomely repaid, lol.
No complaints at all, Hansi's football is great in club level but not suited to NT level.
but Germany matched Spain in everything but the Costa Rica routing. I know they lost to Japan but Japan is hardly a poor team but they should have done more to win against Spain. They trusted Spain far too much. In the Spain game at the end both teams were happy with the draw. Germany should have done more when they had the upper hand so that they could be in control of their own destiny, instead here we are, talking about how poor Germany are when that could easily have been Spain on another day.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:02 am

LMAO Germany.

But hey thanks guys for giving the push to send us through with Japan meanwhile Germany goes home with Costa Rica rofl

See you next world cup!
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:16 pm

My hipster take was Spain 1st and Japan 2nd, but Japan did even better than I hoped. Amazing end to that group, especially those banter minutes with Spain also being out of the group.

On the other discussion I agree with hala. Spain didn't boss Germany at all, that was an even game.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:39 pm

Goal.com and their generic, journalist puns usually make me facepalm, but this Fawlty Towers reference actually made me giggle.

World Cup 2022 - Group E - Page 5 Skjerm61
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:52 am

Casciavit wrote:Germany's cultural and political shift in the last 20 years has been an interesting sight because it's reflected in the kinds of footballers they produce.

They used to have mean-looking professionals like Klose and Schweinsteiger. If you go the teams before that you had terminators Kahn and Ballack. They looked like they reek of toxic masculinity.  They fought for every inch of grass with their life.

Now you have guys like Havertz and Kimmich who look like they should be on tik tok instead. They look like pretty boys who went to private schools their entire life. Germany have lost their fear factor.

Rudiger: “We're back to zero, that's the harsh reality. Lots of talent, that's all well and good, but it's not enough - there's simply more to it. There are other factors as well: the ultimate desire, playing dirty sometimes – we lack that. We're a very, very 'nice' team"
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:58 am

Casciavit wrote:Germany's cultural and political shift in the last 20 years has been an interesting sight because it's reflected in the kinds of footballers they produce.

They used to have mean-looking professionals like Klose and Schweinsteiger. If you go the teams before that you had terminators Kahn and Ballack. They looked like they reek of toxic masculinity.  They fought for every inch of grass with their life.

Now you have guys like Havertz and Kimmich who look like they should be on tik tok instead. They look like pretty boys who went to private schools their entire life. Germany have lost their fear factor.

I can go further. My first ever football tournament I can vividly remember, the 96 Euros (94 WC is very sketchy in my mind), when you ever google those men and you put "West" in front of the Germany, those men would fit right at home in that era (96 squad).

The looks of these guys are way different than the look of Germany NT now. As you put it, the older generation of Die Mannschaft players were tough looking guys and they could play just as hard (and good) as anyone else. That same 96 squad had Hassler and Scholl in midfield, proper ballers but the back line had men like Ziege, Babbel, Helmer, Strunz and hard as fucking nails Sammer. This German squad has maybe Rudiger, maybe and the only guy that fits that role in Fullkrug.

Anyway, Germany would be doing another reset which happens ever so often. Had to happen after Croatia put a beating on them in 1998 and the nonsense in Euro 2000. Did another (mini) reset after Euro 2004 and their "performance" in a group with Latvia but I don't think that should count.

Speaking of Euro 96, Olivier Bierhoff, the guy that scored the winner (and a genuinely very good striker in his time) resigned as DoF for Germany. Reset commences.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:46 pm

Not to mention Oliver Kahn. Meanest looking portero ever!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:12 am

germany's another side that needs a proper striker. i'm very sure the bundesliga has at least 2 or 3 german strikers that could have been on the team. this idea of coaches management and fans feeling like all players should have the same profile (if u're a poacher then they dont want you) is probably holding some teams back. Germany used to be a side that was great in the air, now that style of crossing the ball is looked at like its a stain. Every team doesn't have to play alike or have the same profile. i hate when i hear things like "in modern football you have to......". no you don't, you can develop your own method and win
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:20 am

Just watched the All or Nothing documentary on the German NT during the 2022 World Cup. They painted it as a pretty dire, anxious, panicked storm. Jesus. German press came off as quite toxic, the squad of players looked like they had little oomph to them in the team talks, and if anything Flick transmitted anxiety rather than calm and vibrancy.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5