7 posters

Go down

Apple or Android?

Apple or Android? Vote_lcap75%Apple or Android? Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]
Apple or Android? Vote_lcap25%Apple or Android? Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 4

Apple or Android? Empty Apple or Android?

Post by Davis Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:43 am

Which type of phone do you prefer?

I have an iPhone. So my vote goes for Apple.
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Apple or Android? Empty Re: Apple or Android?

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:22 am

i've never owned an Apple so i might be biased... but based off the info i've gathered over the years, i've always got the sense that iPhone is more so a "status" phone. The more trendy option coz you can show your friends you're rich too. Obviously it might have some features here and there that an Android doesn't have, but are those features really so overwhelming that it warrants the reasonably higher price tag and popularity? I've always doubted that

Overall, in terms of value for money and pound for pound performance I think the best Android phones have always edged out the best iPhones.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jul 06, 2023 4:15 pm

Apple products are miles ahead in terms of optimization because they exist in their own, single ecosystem. Hence why iPhones need less RAM and still perform the best in GPU and CPU tests. Androids need at least 2x more RAM to keep up.

You have to actually use it for yourself to see. I've only had androids throughout my teens and since I've switched to Apple I've never looked back. End of the day it comes down to preference though, but you have to try both.

Another thing that bothers me with regards to phones these days is screen size. I have no idea why people allow this shit to happen, but phones are so massive these days the line between smartphones and tablets is blurred. Apple have also betrayed me because they discountinued the mini. I will hold on to my 13 mini and replace the battery if need be. I will use it until it dies or I'll die with it.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:37 pm

Android sucks imo they make useless updates all the time and they harass me to subscribe on Google Accounts or whatever it's called. Could not even download the Yahoo fantasy app for some reason...

Had an iPhone 5 for decade or so, it died last summer, got a Samsung for like 6 months and mehhhh, i'm much happier with my current iPhone 6 even though it's outdated.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:56 pm

I'm Android through and through. That said, my daughter has an old iPhone she no longer needs so I'm using that as a makeshift work phone to join meetings and such. It's fine, but I don't like how proprietary it all is. Really curtails the ability to personalize and customize the phone to the level I'm used to with Androids.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:11 pm

Yes my favorite aspect of Samsung was the customization which is much better than iPhone

In fact i reckon Android is objectively better somehow i am more comfortable with good ol Apple products
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:20 pm

Warrior wrote:Android sucks imo they make useless updates all the time and they harass me to subscribe on Google Accounts or whatever it's called. Could not even download the Yahoo fantasy app for some reason...

Had an iPhone 5 for decade or so, it died last summer, got a Samsung for like 6 months and mehhhh, i'm much happier with my current iPhone 6 even though it's outdated.

sounds like you just bought a shitty Samsung, bud

like i said, i believe the best (not every) Androids edge out the best iPhones pound for pound.

I still have my Huawei P Smart i bought at the end of 2018 Laughing still runs flawless
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:47 pm

It was emergency situation. My friend runs a pawn shop so i bought his cheapest cellphone for a symbolic 5 bucks Laughing

That said the cellphone provided by the company i work for (which i use strictly as work phone + driving log book) is the most recent Samsung and i wish it stop bothering me with daily updates and notifications.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:28 pm

search how you can turn it off (the updates and notifications)
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:41 am

I've been using Apple iPhones for many years now. I prefer all the features on them, and the App Store seems better than the Google Play Store, IMO. I had an Android phone many years ago, but when that phone broke I decided to try iPhone, and I've been happy with them since then.
Ben
Ben
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:04 pm

Ben wrote:I've been using Apple iPhones for many years now. I prefer all the features on them, and the App Store seems better than the Google Play Store, IMO. I had an Android phone many years ago, but when that phone broke I decided to try iPhone, and I've been happy with them since then.

which model do you have?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:25 pm

Apple through and through.

Switched two years ago and haven't looked back. Android doesn't even compare and saying otherwise is pure cope.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down