is it fair critisizing players for going after higher waages?

+6
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Adit
Lord Spencer
Iceman
Art Morte
theaguia
10 posters

Go down

is it fair critisizing players for going after higher waages? Empty is it fair critisizing players for going after higher waages?

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:01 am

we all say this player is a money who** and so on, but if you put into context one must remember that a player a max of 15 years where they will earn the most money as a footballer so in that context is it justified that a player changes clubs going to get higher wages or even going on strike for not receiving money?
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

is it fair critisizing players for going after higher waages? Empty Re: is it fair critisizing players for going after higher waages?

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:10 am

It depends, but generally speaking no.

I might critisize them if they have already been on high wages for a few years and aren't that wanted by clubs any longer but still refuse to take a wage cut and/or move to a smaller team / lesser league.

But players who get their first chance to go above 10-20k / week, I don't feel they should be critisized for looking for big money deals.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

is it fair critisizing players for going after higher waages? Empty Re: is it fair critisizing players for going after higher waages?

Post by Iceman Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:13 am

There are players who would rather sit on the bench and earn 60k per week than start every match but earn 40k instead, and these are the ones that should be criticized imo

Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:38 am

but then again you might want to sit on the bench and earn as much as you can before your career ends?
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:51 am

When money is pursued more than honor is when criticism is justified. But really, it is the fault of the whole system how footballers/actors/pop musicians get ridiculously inflated salaries.

Ironically, only movies manage to get enough money to cover the expenses of production. Football is lousy investment.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:14 am

well the only arguments is acotrs may be able to work for 40 years whilst a football can only work for 15
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:40 am

Coincidence or not,supporters who blame" money whore" players are clubs who cant spend to save their life and vice versa....
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:01 am

what about a payer like clichy? who moved from one top team to another for a huge bump in his wages?

theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:02 am

If all clubs started spending on wages what they "can" offer, wages would go through the roof. But we are seeing an intelligent trend where clubs refuse to cave in to demands. Unfortunately, then comes clubs like Man City where the owners do not understand the value of money and ruin the whole market. Please Adit don't buy this as an attack on Madrid, who have a reasonable wage policy.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:04 am

theaguia wrote:what about a payer like clichy? who moved from one top team to another for a huge bump in his wages?

He spend almost 8 year with arsenal though,and he is not even from london to start with.He made a career move wage wise and ambition wise,but thats just my op though.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:05 am

Lord Spencer wrote:Adit don't buy this as an attack on Madrid, who have a reasonable wage policy.
???

i dont get it?? Razz
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by theaguia Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:05 am

and nasri?
what about drenthe, were his actions justified?
theaguia
theaguia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:10 am

theaguia wrote:and nasri?
Nasri is still an arsenal player,probably he threatened wenger for a pay rise,and it is common in these days ala rooney etc.How can we blame Drenthe,when madrid clearly offered him a bright future and loaned him to Hercules who didnt paid his salary apparently.If any one is here at fault it is madrid for not keeping the word(even though he is shit player and only deserves to play for a lower league club Surprised ) and hercules for not paying him.He will obiously be pissed as he wasnt getting paid last year.

Last edited by Adit on Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:13 am

Adit wrote:
Lord Spencer wrote:Adit don't buy this as an attack on Madrid, who have a reasonable wage policy.
???

i dont get it?? Razz

By your earlier post, you mentioned "clubs that cannot spend to save their lives" which is a jibe aimed at most clubs with the exception of a few. You historically have a tendency to take some innocent remarks as jibes against Madrid, so you then proceed to troll the other's club. Which in turn turns the thread into a trolling contest.

I am simply stating that I am not attacking Madrid ir their players to protect myself.

*proceeds to equip......

is it fair critisizing players for going after higher waages? Flameshield
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:30 am

Lord Spencer wrote:
Adit wrote:
???

i dont get it?? Razz

By your earlier post, you mentioned "clubs that cannot spend to save their lives" which is a jibe aimed at most clubs with the exception of a few. You historically have a tendency to take some innocent remarks as jibes against Madrid, so you then proceed to troll the other's club. Which in turn turns the thread into a trolling contest.

I am simply stating that I am not attacking Madrid ir their players to protect myself.

*proceeds to equip......

is it fair critisizing players for going after higher waages? Flameshield
i said vice versa,which means supporters of rich clubs will always back up high wages and "money whore " players.Atl east read full inbefore making assumptions.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:54 am

Yes, if they don't live up to their value. Or in this case, decrease their value to absolutely nothing.

For example

Amauri- cost us 24.5 million euros and earns a salary of 4.2 million, the second most at Juventus after Buffon.

Before he went to Parma, he scored only 1 goal in 1 year (12 months). And he was worthless before he went to Parma- I don't think anyone in their right mind would pay money for him. When we brought Luca Toni in, I think we made our message clear, and I would have paid to see him leave.

People say "oh please don't blame him- it's so unfair and he doesn't deserve it, he wasn't the one who paid the money and offered him the big salary." Oh please, with all due respect. Amauri- F*CK OFF C*NT!
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:56 am

In the real world, if you're lucky, you might land a job that MAY pay more than £30-40k a year, yet people manage to live comfortably on such money, sometimes with a family

Players in crappy teams get that WEEKLY, but apparently need more so they can have something to fall back on when they retire. As if £40k weekly for the next 10 years isn't enough Rolling Eyes
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:05 pm

lol, im sure everyone that criticizes these guys will always turn down a job offering at a different company doing the same thing for a lot more money....
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Essien_5 Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:29 pm

No i wouldnt , they are simply leaving one company for another...simple as that, no club can own a player after their contracts ends...i dislike players that sign a new contract and want out after 6 months because you that uncommitment to do a job and you leave the club and fans with a headache.

players who want more money..i say why not after all pro soccer players careers end in less then 30 years and who knows when injury will strike.

Essien_5
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:29 pm

theaguia wrote:and nasri?

yes Drenthe's actions were completely justified
just the presi is a lying cheating, cheap idiot and didnt pay his players and im happy that he did that
so many clubs in laliga cannot pay their players
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down