Mr Nick09
adnyana179
cyberman
FalcaoPunch
shaven
117 posters

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Go down

la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 43 Empty Re: la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by Doc Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:18 pm

I would always read about how Di Stefano, for a long time, was very very VERY bitter about the way he basically got kicked out of Real Madrid. I see Ronaldo is going through the same motions with just some more ego sprinkled on top of that cake.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 43 Empty Re: la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by guest7 Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:51 pm

There is some truth in his comments. We don't treat our players like family. Just look how we treated Raul and Casillas for example. I actually think this will hurt us in long term because players like Marcelo is going to see things for what they are and are going to leave us earlier than they should
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:13 pm

Valkyrja wrote:la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 43 Ddb166577f26e9cc4f58696754c823830e2bd4164e24e182c9a063f083238c49

utter cnut he is, isn't he ? can't shut up

Where did he make that statement?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:29 pm

Ronaldo is just mad, there were players at Madrid who didn't take crap from him, particularly Ramos. Ronaldo would talk shit about our players and 5 mins wouldn't even pass till Ramos replied back and Ronaldo had to toe the line. Must be mad he wasn't the biggest voice in the dressing room.

I have never seen anyone be that much selfish since I started watching Madrid. Him moaning whenever anyone took a shot insteas of passing to him, even at kids making their debuts. F off. Hope you have fun in that obscure league

If I was Ronaldo I'd shut up. He's just fuelling our desire to beat the crap out of his team. I still remember when Mou was talking crap about our players and we went and played a friendly against his team like it was a CL final.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:43 pm

guest7 wrote:There is some truth in his comments. We don't treat our players like family. Just look how we treated Raul and Casillas for example. I actually think this will hurt us in long term because players like Marcelo is going to see things for what they are and are going to leave us earlier than they should

The club literally hires their iconic players in all sorts of roles including putting their children in the youth side. As for treatment, Iker and Raul were treated like demi-Gods in their pump, they were paid millions, loved and still loved by millions, have montages and posters dedicated to their legacy, the club treats our legends and icons fine.

Ronaldo is simply just bitter about the divorce. He wanted something the club would not give him and both parted companies on sour terms. If it were up to Ronaldo, he would smite both Messi and Perez, be coached by Zidane and Carlo while still at Real Madrid winning all the Balon D'ors.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:52 pm

Nothing new he is the most selfish player i have even seen in any sports. I follow cricket, football, basketball, field hockey and many other sports no one even come close to this guy in term of being selfish.

After everything settled down with Juv, he will show his true face, no doubt about it. For Ronaldo its all about him and winning Balon d'or. He doesn't give shit about any club. Very hard to like this type of player. Great player though.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:00 pm

No one cares to verify whether or not a quote from some random forum is actually legit. Not the most popular guy on here, is he? Laughing
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:06 pm

It was from his interview with Gazzetta Dello Sport Thimmy.

https://video.gazzetta.it/cristiano-ronaldo-gazzetta-juve-famiglia-messi-dico/52bd9738-fc61-11e8-9926-36dd5689fcb8?intcmp=VideoBar&vclk=VideoBar|cristiano-ronaldo-gazzetta-juve-famiglia-messi-dico
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Let me ask you this. If the quote is legit would you be surprised? If yes, don't bother. Even if untrue, he might not be making thar comment today but will tomorrow. We all know how rubbish his personality is
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks, Doc. Hala: It wouldn't surprise me. Then again, it wouldn't surprise me if someone had fabricated it either, considering it sounds like a very Cristiano-like thing to say. People on here are so quick to jump to conclusions, in general.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Gazzetta dello Sport is an Italian daily newspaper dedicated to coverage of various sports. Very respectable news paper with history of 120 years. I doubt it is fabricated.

Also here is twitter link from Real Madrid related source
https://twitter.com/RMadridHome_/status/1072067679413043200

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:32 pm

I am familiar with Gazetta Dello Sport. I have also noticed a tendency in people on GL claiming that every newspaper that reports something is either extremely credible, or complete rubbish. There are nuances to these things, and generally speaking, I would advice people to think for themselves, as opposed to taking everything they read literally. I stopped writing about Martin Ødegaard because so many people suggested that I was blinded by bias towards him, yet practically everyone jumped on the fake news bandwagon of him being some kind of pompous diva. If I wanted to spread propaganda somewhere, I would start right here Proud

Also, raging on Ronaldo seems to be in fashion these days, so I can't help but be sceptical when people jump at every opportunity to lash out on him. I have little sympathy for him, but I don't think he's the devil, himself.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:16 pm

To be fair, I've consistently raged on CR since 2006 or thereabouts...  and praised him for his recent more "team" oriented years at Madrid.

The dude has been like this since forever.  He's the definition of a megalomaniac. Doesn't take away from his quality as a football player. Just not a person you would consider a role model of any sorts.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 am

I'm more just fascinated that the two main parties involved (the fans and Ronaldo) are very much still bitter about the whole thing. Especially Ronaldo.

I used to think the club itself was bitter too but I doubt it a lot nowadays. Perez probably is so happy he doesn't have to PR that rape stuff, that is such a mess of a situation.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:58 am

I have just seen an article on Marca that made my blood run cold. Ronaldo is Real Madrid top scorer in 2018 with 28 goals in 22 games.

Let that sink in. The dude left us half-a-season ago, yet apparently that wasn't enough for our dreadful strikers to outscore him or even match him.

Bale needed 48 games to score 27 and Benzema 53 games to score 18.

Only a midtable team can be satisfied with this attack.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:27 am

Well if we gave penalties to Bale or Benzema both of them could have more. and Ronaldo about 10 less.

he is the goat of stat padding though. and i think that's actually a thing in today's football.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:52 am

Mamad wrote:Well if we gave penalties to Bale or Benzema both of them could have more. and Ronaldo about 10 less.

he is the goat of stat padding though. and i think that's actually a thing in today's football.

Asensio has 4 goals and 4 assists in 25 apps. C. Ronaldo has 15 goals and 8 assists in 24 apps. Nevermind his replacement! At least, his departure allowed our other attackers to step out of his shadow  hmm

la Máquina - Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 43 Wsn75Hi
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:57 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I have just seen an article on Marca that made my blood run cold. Ronaldo is Real Madrid top scorer in 2018 with 28 goals in 22 games.

Let that sink in. The dude left us half-a-season ago, yet apparently that wasn't enough for our dreadful strikers to outscore him or even match him.

Bale needed 48 games to score 27 and Benzema 53 games to score 18.

Only a midtable team can be satisfied with this attack.

He's also Juve's second top goal scorer after Dybala.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:16 pm

Mamad wrote:Well if we gave penalties to Bale or Benzema both of them could have more. and Ronaldo about 10 less.

how delusional are you? do you think if you keep saying stupid shit it’s gonna be true?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:41 pm

If we're all honest, i think that real madrid put unfair expectations on Bale and Benzema. We all knew they couldn't suddenly become great scorers.

I put all this squarely on the shoulder of management. I don't think you can criticize Bale or Benzema for being the players that they are... we all know what they are.

And frankly, Benzema has played decently well. He's just not an alpha scorer.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:01 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:

how delusional are you? do you think if you keep saying stupid shit it’s gonna be true?

Why you get butt hurt when i talk facts about Ronaldo? would you be happy if i call him god and the best ever?

i didn't say Bale or Benzema are world class goalscorers or Ronaldo's numbers aren't impressive.

I said add the number of penalties that Ronaldo scored to Bale's numbers and reduce them from ronaldo. the numbers will be different.

scoring so many goals when you take all PK's and FK's and shoot the ball about 20 times per game will help you a lot getting great stats.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:33 pm

sportsczy wrote:If we're all honest, i think that real madrid put unfair expectations on Bale and Benzema. We all knew they couldn't suddenly become great scorers.

I put all this squarely on the shoulder of management. I don't think you can criticize Bale or Benzema for being the players that they are... we all know what they are.

And frankly, Benzema has played decently well. He's just not an alpha scorer.

Sure we all knew, but one has to assume Florentino didn’t!!!!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:56 pm

It's still amazing to me how easy it was for Florentino to change Real Madrid's internal rules to basically stay president for life.

I wouldn't be opposed to him staying beyond 2021 four or five years ago back when he was ruthless and ambitious beyond the bounds of possibility, but now he seems a shadow of his former self; unambitious, shy, cheap and completely out of it.

I mean, sure, you've won a lot, but that shouldn't be an excuse to lower your expectations and run this club like a midtable team. If you're no longer capable of bringing in the best players in the world, please step aside and let someone else give it a try. Don't stick around and make us watch Benzema, Asensio and Bale while others are killing each other for the best in the market.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:28 pm

I think arrogance did Flo in Bill... he thought that some way somehow, either Mbappe or Neymar would end up here this past summer. I think he underestimated the rest of the top football clubs' ability to sign and keep players.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:54 pm

But Sports, the whole logic being put forward re all the youth signings is he feels it is foolish to compete with oil or state owned teams in a so called open market and thus he is beating big teams in pursue of youth talents (except of course if they are french lol).

I really believe he counted on Mbappe or Neymar and continues he think he will get one due to PSG FFP difficulties.

As best as I can see, he is going overboard with youth thinking one established superstar will be sufficient along with existing veterans on team. As each established veteran leaves, they get replaced with whatever youth is making the breakthru!

Not saying it is right or wrong strategy, but it is a possible explanation.

@DoC, you are constantly posting the same. I don’t disagree, but there is an argument against your drumbeat. For the first time in past 4 or 5 years, team is in the hunt for all three trophies at half way mark. If you accept that this is a transition year (I know you don’t, lol), then coming out of season saying team was competitive, will be an argument to say it was worth the gamble not overpaying for a bonafile scorer while waiting for a Mbappe or Neymar and some youth to develop.

And lol, I’m saying this when I’m spending a good portion of season in Canada where this year there is no CL, very few Copa games and no world club championship coverage. From my perspective I couldn’t have picked a better year to spend more time with my grandchildren.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:23 pm

futbol_bill wrote:From my perspective I couldn’t have picked a better year to spend more time with my grandchildren.

Meanwhile, uncle Flo is on the lookout for other people's grandchildren hmm Missing out on Neymar must've been a traumatic experience for him.

It may be a transitional year, but it hasn't been much of a transition, so far. We've acquired players for the future, but not for the now. Maybe I shouldn't use the word, transition. There doesn't seem to be much agreeance on here, as to whether or not our current squad and players are good enough for the near future. Some think we only need minor adjustments to the squad, some think getting rid of Isco and Asensio + momentum/form is all that's required to get us back on track to winning, others think a more substantial overhaul is needed. "Transition" suggests that we're changing out the old for the new, yet we still seem to be milking our 3 time CL winning squad (4 times for some of them), minus our most elite player, plus a couple of kids. My biggest wish for 2019 is that we sign at least one established player. One such player would likely have an immediate impact, and just might convince Flo that, while pursuing teenage talents might pay off in the distant future, ignoring the present will undoubtedly lead to more pressing issues than a potentially even more inflated market 5-10 years from now. Ideally, we should have already prepared for this by now, but all we can do is make the most out of our current situation. Hopefully, things will start to look better in 2019 cheers
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 43 of 44 Previous  1 ... 23 ... 42, 43, 44  Next