REWB
mezzogiornese
BeautifulGame
Art Morte
InterMalia
47 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by izzy Fri 5 Aug - 14:49:55

wigglesworth wrote:
kiranr wrote:If Udinese had not sold their stars, would any of you have given them a chance?

Last year's Udinese would have wiped the floor with Arsenal.

Bold statement Wiggles. Very bold.

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages

Post by mezzogiornese Fri 5 Aug - 14:55:43

Last year's Udinese would given them a very good game I'm positive- may have won.

However this year they've sold their best defender, Midfielder and attacker, so they'll get dumped out of the CL, dumped out of the EL, then hopefully dumped out of Serie A.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri 5 Aug - 15:14:02

wigglesworth wrote:
kiranr wrote:If Udinese had not sold their stars, would any of you have given them a chance?

You are deluded when it comes to serie a teams. "wiped the floor with Arsenal"? yeah right. with or without those players they would get tonked.

With Sanchez, they may have had a slim chance.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 5 Aug - 15:16:38

wigglesworth wrote:

Arsenal face Udinese in CL playoff for Group Stages - Page 2 Not-sure-if-youre-serious-or-just-trolling
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri 5 Aug - 15:16:40

Honestly, I'd rather face Udinese than face Rubin Kazan because the latter would give us such a tough defensive display.

I'm not as positive as some are about how easy this is going to be for us. I'm a tad surprised that we didn't appeal RVP's red card, because all the media pressure was on our side, but without RVP we're a bit toothless up front unless Chamakh can magically regain form.

I'm not that worried though, because Chamakh usually brings out the best of our wingers.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri 5 Aug - 15:17:03

It would have been very close. This is a side who beat Palermo 7-0 and drew with milan 4-4

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 5 Aug - 15:18:38

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

You are deluded when it comes to serie a teams. "wiped the floor with Arsenal"? yeah right. with or without those players they would get tonked.

It's not just about Sanchez, they sold thier best defender in Zapata and best midfielder in Inler has gone aswell.

The only good players they have left are Asamoah, Isla, Handanovic and Di Natale.

Thier team has basically been ripped apart i dont give them a hope in hell, even if Nasri and Fabregas leaves and RVP is suspended.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri 5 Aug - 15:20:23

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

It's not just about Sanchez, they sold thier best defender in Zapata and best midfielder in Inler has gone aswell.

The only good players they have left are Asamoah, Isla, Handanovic and Di Natale.

Thier team has basically been ripped apart i dont give them a hope in hell, even if Nasri and Fabregas leaves and RVP is suspended.

Oh ok, my bad then. Maybe not a slim chance then, more of a good shot at beating Arsenal.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri 5 Aug - 15:24:32

Unless there's a miracle and that young Italian they've signed is the second coming of Christ Baggio and Elvis combined Udinese are getting dumped out.

Remember Di Natale is another year older too.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri 5 Aug - 15:25:47

Devil-Is-Red wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

No you are deluded when it comes to EPL teams. Arsenal would have gotten thumped by last year's Udinese. Full stop.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri 5 Aug - 15:28:21

mezzogiornese wrote:Unless there's a miracle and that young Italian they've signed is the second coming of Christ Baggio and Elvis combined Udinese are getting dumped out.

They sold the core of their defense, the core of their midfield and 50% of their attack. They replaced them with players that other teams wanted to get rid of to improve their teams. They will be this year's Sampdoria, trust me.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri 5 Aug - 15:28:47

mezzogiornese wrote:Unless there's a miracle and that young Italian they've signed is the second coming of Christ Baggio and Elvis combined Udinese are getting dumped out.

Fabbrini! Very Happy

In all seriousness though, this might actually be better in that they're guaranteed a Europa League place if they lose to Arsenal - assuming they haven't changed the structure - whilst they could possibly finish fourth in their group if they decided it was more important to focus on the league. It's not a view I would agree with if I were a manager, however it's one perspective.

dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Fri 5 Aug - 15:32:07

They wont take the EL seriously at all.

I think Roma should go for it this year.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri 5 Aug - 15:38:52

Pablo Armero is another Udinese player who they didn't sell yet is one of the most underrated in the team. You guys forgot him so I just wanted to mention him when it comes to their stars.

Even without Cesc, RVP and Nasri, Arsenal still have Gervinho, Walcott, Chamakh, and Arshavin to count on against Udinese in all probability. And with Zapata gone...it's only Benatia and Handanovic that Udinese can count on at the back and that's not going to be enough.

I don't like to write teams off because of how unpredictable this sport is, but I don't see Udinese getting out of this. Let's just hope they got out with grace.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri 5 Aug - 15:40:22

wigglesworth wrote:
Devil-Is-Red wrote:
wigglesworth wrote:

No you are deluded when it comes to EPL teams. Arsenal would have gotten thumped by last year's Udinese. Full stop.

Not even much better teams like United, Chelsea and City managed to "thump" Arsenal, so what makes you think Udinese would?
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by :{Mr.Mustachio! Fri 5 Aug - 15:42:34

dostoevsky wrote:

Fabbrini! Very Happy

If he matures overnight it would improve their chances, but he's got a tough job to replace Sanchez.
:{Mr.Mustachio!
:{Mr.Mustachio!
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri 5 Aug - 15:46:15

i think udine might pull out with a win....arsenal arent exactly great at defending and udine play a very good attacking game even....im expecting high figures like 4-3 or 3-2
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri 5 Aug - 15:49:08

Wiggles overrating Italian teams again? Well, I guess some things never change even if we do change the forum..
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri 5 Aug - 15:51:24

When's the last time an Italian team beat us in a two legged tie?

Must be at least 10 years?
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri 5 Aug - 15:55:32

I still think Udinese has got 50/50 chance to qualify.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Josefaltafino Fri 5 Aug - 15:56:26

if Udinese escape from Emirates with a 1-0 or a 2-1 i Udinese have a chance....but only then

but most likely Arsenal will win 3-0 or 4-1....

Josefaltafino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri 5 Aug - 16:04:52

Iceman wrote:Wiggles overrating Italian teams again? Well, I guess some things never change even if we do change the forum..

Premfaces are always overrating EPL teams. You Premfaces have, what is called, cognitive dissonance. It means that though facts are there staring you in the face, you ignore them and think in a delusional manner. Here are some facts:

CL Winners over the past 30 years: Serie A 8 times, La Liga 7 times, EPL 5 times.

CL winners over the past 20 years: La Liga 6 times, Serie A 5 times, EPL 3 times.

CL winners over the past 10 years: La Liga 4 times, Serie A, 4 times, EPL 3 times.

CL winners over the past 5 years: Serie A 2 times, La Liga 2 times, EPL 1 time.

If Serie A has a competitor, it isn't the EPL, it is La Liga. But you premfaces just ignore the facts.

Last edited by wigglesworth on Fri 5 Aug - 16:06:15; edited 1 time in total
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Fri 5 Aug - 16:05:51

the_gooner wrote:When's the last time an Italian team beat us in a two legged tie?

When is the last time Arsenal won a Champions League?
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Fri 5 Aug - 16:08:04

Great job wiggles.

How is this relevant? O.o
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri 5 Aug - 16:09:46

wigglesworth wrote:
the_gooner wrote:When's the last time an Italian team beat us in a two legged tie?

When is the last time Arsenal won a Champions League?

We haven't.

Now can you answer my question? Was just wondering because we've taken down Milan, Inter, Roma, and Juventus in the last 9 years, and I can't recall which Italian team last beat us in the knockout stage?

Last edited by the_gooner on Fri 5 Aug - 16:10:19; edited 1 time in total
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 5 Aug - 16:09:51

More than a decade ago. I looked back about twelve years and we hadn't been knocked out by an Italian team. However, we were rather crap in Europe before the year 2000 and rarely qualified from our group. Embarassed

I did, though, find out our record against Italian clubs since the 00/01 iteration of the Champions League:

Played: 14
Won: 7
Drawn: 5
Lost: 2

Most of those are group matches. We've played an Italian team three times in the knockout round - Juventus (2006), AC Milan (2008) and Roma (2009) - and have progressed each time.

The two defeats were group games against Juventus and Inter Milan. Both away from home. Neither recent.

This isn't an attempt to put down Italian teams, by the way. Given our recent form, who knows what may happen this year?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next