RealGunner
Sushi Master
Sri
SamuelJayC
Jay29
31 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:47 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Can't help but feel this signing was also made with the home-grown players rule in mind.

Considering we haven't got Clichy and Denilson anymore and could be losing Fabregas and Bendtner; that's four home grown players.

Also, it looks like we're building a British midfiled; Frimpong, Ramsey, Wilshere, now Chamberlain and possibly Walcott as well.

Frimpong

Ramsey --- Wilshere

Walcott ------------------ Chamberlain

Afobe

Awesome. Cool

The beautiful football soon will be gone, Sad

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:52 am

Yup. With some of the most technically gifted Brits going, we're going to start playing hoof ball. Looking forward to it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:53 am

I think Nasri is gone this week. Cesc might pay up the rest of the money Barcelona are missing and pack up and leave, soon we will see RVP do the same thing.

The youth experiment is all over again, the Arsenal board have no shame.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:56 am

Raptorgunner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Can't help but feel this signing was also made with the home-grown players rule in mind.

Considering we haven't got Clichy and Denilson anymore and could be losing Fabregas and Bendtner; that's four home grown players.

Also, it looks like we're building a British midfiled; Frimpong, Ramsey, Wilshere, now Chamberlain and possibly Walcott as well.

Frimpong

Ramsey --- Wilshere

Afobe

Awesome. Cool

you kidding me, all those english players have great technique and play the arsenal way, but to be honest we haven't even been playing good football for 2/3 years now, except for when cecs plays. ever since 07/08 season we haven't been as good as passing tbh.

anyway i also think wenger has finally realised the English players are way more loyal. i totally understand why we should go British, the fab and nasri sagas makes me sick.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:57 am

Yeah, because signing Gervinho and making a bid for Jagielka and Samba means we're going back to youth.

Rolling Eyes

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:58 am

Great news but £15mil for a 17-years old kid wasnt expected from Wenger. I hope he knows what he is doing. Alex is a great player but i dont think we need him right now.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:01 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I think Nasri is gone this week. Cesc might pay up the rest of the money Barcelona are missing and pack up and leave, soon we will see RVP do the same thing.

rvp will never leave as long as he keeps on getting injured, why do you think no club is ever link with him? the thing is deep in his heart he knows he has let arsenal down with the amount of times he has been injured. if he had played full seasons for the past 6 years i am sure we would of won something. even if we had of won something with him being injured for half the year he wouldn't of felt like he had won a trophy anyway.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:02 am

djoe26 wrote:Great news but £15mil for a 17-years old kid wasnt expected from Wenger. I hope he knows what he is doing. Alex is a great player but i dont think we need him right now.

In Wenger we trust no?

We not me, but you trust?

Oh forget it i just mind f*cked myself, good luck to the lad Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:04 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I think Nasri is gone this week. Cesc might pay up the rest of the money Barcelona are missing and pack up and leave, soon we will see RVP do the same thing.

I doubt RVP will leave cause he loves arsenal but i do agree that if we dont sign WC players then i can see our top players leaving. Lets hope for WC defender Smile
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:05 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Yeah, because signing Gervinho and making a bid for Jagielka and Samba means we're going back to youth.

Rolling Eyes

Is this signing for squad depth? Either way it is a decent signing, kid has a lot of promise.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:06 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Yeah, because signing Gervinho and making a bid for Jagielka and Samba means we're going back to youth.

Rolling Eyes

Jay we got lucky with Gervinho, his only wish was to play for Arsenal, something Cesc is doing to Arsenal, by only wanting to play for Barcelona.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
djoe26 wrote:Great news but £15mil for a 17-years old kid wasnt expected from Wenger. I hope he knows what he is doing. Alex is a great player but i dont think we need him right now.

In Wenger we trust no?

We not me, but you trust?

Oh forget it i just mind f*cked myself, good luck to the lad Very Happy
What?
I do but if arsenal is to win anything this season then we really need WC signings.
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:10 am

izzy26 wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Is this signing for squad depth? Either way it is a decent signing, kid has a lot of promise.

He's going straight into the first team squad, so yeah, this would be depth signing and a signing for the future at the same time.

Jay we got lucky with Gervinho, his only wish was to play for Arsenal, something Cesc is doing to Arsenal, by only wanting to play for Barcelona.

So if we hadn't have signed Gervinho, Wenger would have turned to youth? Don't see where you're coming from.

Here's a fun fact: the average age of all the players signed by last year's top four is approximately 21. Says a lot, doesn't it?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:13 am

Man utd were after him as well and so were liverpool. Wenger didnt want another jones to happen so moved quickly
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:17 am

So if we hadn't have signed Gervinho, Wenger would have turned to youth? Don't see where you're coming from.
Here's a fun fact: the average age of all the players signed by last year's top four is approximately 21. Says a lot, doesn't it?

How are we going to attract big name players when keep signing young kids? Do you think Cesc is leaving for Barcelona cus he loves them, or he is going to win trophies?

I have no problem with youth, it just does not make scene signing players that we don't need. We need a striker that can give us goals, if RVP gets injured, we need a LB, DM, are we signing any of these a players no.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:19 am

Has anyone seen the offical pics?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/oxlade-chamberlain-gallery

He looks like Walcott and Drogba's love child Shocked

I dont know technical wise , but physically this guy already looks set.

Here is to hoping his techincal stats are of Arsenal quality
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:20 am

That's arsenal fans for you... Had he signed for yanited they would have been moaning that the board can't do things right.

EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:21 am

Raptorgunner wrote:

Frimpong

Ramsey --- Wilshere

Afobe

Awesome. Cool

How does that even remotely suggest that beautiful football will be gone?

If anything , we will be much more direct and less "pass it around the box and lose it eventually"
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:23 am

AnJl wrote:Has anyone seen the offical pics?

thats wat i like about him unlike many of our recent youth signing he looks good physically
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:26 am

When it comes to a young kid Arsenal will break records to sign him, but when it comes to WC player they insult the team by offering the lowest they can. The Spurs were willing to pay 22 million for Mata but he refused to go the the Spurs.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:26 am

gunnerlistick wrote:That's arsenal fans for you... Had he signed for yanited they would have been moaning that the board can't do things right.

He is a 17 year old who we signed at a whopping 12 - 15 million.

Dont tell me you didnt raise an eyebrow when you saw that ....

"If they could have spent 12 million on a 17 year old , why couldnt they have spent alittle more on Mata" - A very valid point isnt it?

For me its fine, because i want to see loyal players at our club , I can wait for the success....
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:28 am

AnJl wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:That's arsenal fans for you... Had he signed for yanited they would have been moaning that the board can't do things right.

He is a 17 year old who we signed at a whopping 12 - 15 million.

Dont tell me you didnt raise an eyebrow when you saw that ....

"If they could have spent 12 million on a 17 year old , why couldnt they have spent alittle more on Mata" - A very valid point isnt it?

For me its fine, because i want to see loyal players at our club , I can wait for the success....

the 12-15 isn't upfront....... it's proabaly 5-6mil...and the rest over time and depending on appearances/goals and maybe int apps
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:28 am

Raptorgunner wrote:

How are we going to attract big name players when keep signing young kids? Do you think Cesc is leaving for Barcelona cus he loves them, or he is going to win trophies?

I have no problem with youth, it just does not make scene signing players that we don't need. We need a striker that can give us goals, if RVP gets injured, we need a LB, DM, are we signing any of these a players no.

The same way we signed Gervinho, perhaps? Or Arshavin, Nasri, Hleb, Rosicky, Chamakh, Kocielny, Vermaelen, Sagna... did all these guys sign because they just liked Arsenal? No. They signed because Arsenal is a step-up.

While I'm not 100% sold on this transfer, I do understand that it's not the end of our summer dealings. It's a little something called patience.

But if you want to sit there and predict doom and gloom, then I'm not going to stop you.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 am

imalegend wrote:

thats wat i like about him unlike many of our recent youth signing he looks good physically

I can imagine him , afobe annd aneke making defenders their b*tches
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 am

Where the hell are his studs? Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:30 am

Raptorgunner wrote:

Jam your hype.... What do you mean don't need ?? Rozza is getting on a bit and arshvin might be leaving us next summer. So this move makes sense... a young talented attacking English player who wants to play for us. You should be happy
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next