RealGunner
Sushi Master
Sri
SamuelJayC
Jay29
31 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Jamin Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:28 pm

15m is crazy if you ask me but it had to be done. enough with us losing on hot prospects.

what would be your reaction if he turned to be a CR9 and went to man utd?

Last edited by Jamin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Page 4 Empty Re: Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by KMD Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:29 pm

congrats, let him shine, with so much money spend on a youngster hope we don't have to wait 3-5 years.... and he can make an instant impact
KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:31 pm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:34 pm

Jamin wrote:15m is crazy if you ask me but it had to be done. enough with us losing on hot prospects.

what would be your reaction if he turned to be a CR9 and went to man utd?

It wont surprise, we are used it, not to united though, but it happens to all the teams in the world.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:36 pm

I just want to say that I am not mad at this signing, for the record I am happy as long as we singing other players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:40 pm

RealGunner wrote:why do u have tottenham as ur sig ?
ahhh ! Arsenal Lobby page 49(my post )any ..a Q?. does anyone of Brit.Gov sends a letter or did they phoned U ! Razz loool

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 pm

One more thing I would like to point out about the AOC signing, this time positive; he brings a lot of pace, and along with Gervinho and possibly Miyaichi, he could prove to be a brilliant buy at just 18, like Anelka all those years back.

Think about it, last season we found it hard to score goals at the Emirates as we sat and played tippy-tappy football around the box, and instead of making a run into the box, we continued knocking it about.

This season, 60th minute vs Stoke who are parking the bus, it's 0-0 and another display of knocking the ball about and no penetration; substition. Miyaichi and/or Chamberlain come on and we see them beating their man and crossing it along the ground to VP as the FB can't keep up with them. Or making decisive runs into the box and taking the initiative to stop passing and trying to make something happen which is something I think we failed to do last season.

We've seen Gervinho make runs and creating/scoring goals and I expect to see more of that from our two youngsters. Wenger is addressing problems from last season, we just all need to remain patient. You might say why we should remain patient after waiting 6 years for a trophy but he's clearing out the deadweight, looking for a CB and buying direct wingers which are all complaints that many of us had after the season ended. LB and CF are my only concerns but we are taking a big step in the right direction even though it might not seem like it.

Last edited by ArsenalWenger on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 pm

15m is an insane ammount of money for an unproven youngster. But well, the 10m English tax, right?
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:50 pm

Wenger would spend this kind of money on a player unless he was something special. Now lets hope he can get a defender.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:33 pm

i read somewhere a valid point.

maybe wenger didnt want to repeat the reyes deal so thats why he got an Englishman. maybe
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:

jesus he did some cracking stuff in that video....

i see why wenger splashed on him
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:39 pm

nothing to say here

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:09 am

bloodless wrote:nothing to say here

i knew you would be in total dis belief, bloodless looooool
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:17 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Owox8v94A
sorry guys, i have not quite figured out how to embed the youtube vid....and double sorry if this interview has already been posted (Alex Oxlade Chamberlain's 1st interview as an Arsenal player)
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:29 am

thanks for that mate, no it hasnt been posted before Smile
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:29 am

RedEyesWhiteBeard wrote:
bloodless wrote:nothing to say here

i knew you would be in total dis belief, bloodless looooool

lol, do u blame me? Smile I just want us to get serious and sort out our squad and make sure we know our team before the league starts

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:33 am

15mil eh?
lukaku will cost 11mill + 8mill in add ons and hes already played in Europe and for the NT :coffee:
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:37 am

fatman123 wrote:15mil eh?
lukaku will cost 11mill + 8mill in add ons and hes already played in Europe and for the NT :coffee:
Oxlade-Chamberlain is actually going to get a chance to develop at our club though :coffee:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 am

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Owox8v94A
sorry guys, i have not quite figured out how to embed the youtube vid....and double sorry if this interview has already been posted (Alex Oxlade Chamberlain's 1st interview as an Arsenal player)
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:00 am

good signing, sure the price is a bit high but i think Wenger doesn't want to lose another Jones here.. I love this new wave of English players coming in. Now let's get Cahill and we are set.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:27 am

Any one of Cahill/ Mertersaker....or both ...wow imagine that
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:19 am

Eman wrote:
fatman123 wrote:15mil eh?
Oxlade-Chamberlain is actually going to get a chance to develop at our club though :coffee:

touche god sir
but only time will tell
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:55 pm

more direct players im loving it......
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:02 pm

I fully support Wenger in this signing. Remember how United got Smalling from right under our noses because they weren't stiffy with the money? Remember how they got Jones while we were in for him as well?
Do you guys really want to see another situation happen? These two already look like they will be world class players, and Alex is no different imo.

Look at the new additions to the first team this year:

Miyaichi
Gervinho
Alex Oxlade Chamberlain
Jenkinson

All of these players play on the flanks, and each and every one of them is direct. You know what else they add to the squad that has been missing for quite some time? Trickery. Jenkinson aside, every one of these players has bags of tricks and is always willing to take on the defender in front of him. Not to mention, none of them have a phobia of shooting.
Look at the other wingers at the club: Nasri, Arshavin and Walcott. Now, do you see a trend? Nasri aside, all of our wingers now (including AOC) are extremely fast and we have a variety of options. There are some that like to run behind the defenders a la Gerivnho and Walcott. There are others that dribble a la Miyaichi and AOC. There are those that pass well and shoot such as Rosicky, Nasri and Arshavin.
Of course, every one of them is capable of doing a multitude of things, but the point is valid. We now have a lot of variety on the wings. The only issue, that remains to be seen, is whether Chamakh can regain his form. If he does, then I have absolutely no worries about our offensive line even if RVP gets injured.

This signing is also a preparation for the upcoming sales/losses of certain players such as Nasri. If Nasri leaves this season, then we have ~25 million to buy a replacement. If he does indeed see out his contract, then AOC will have had a whole year to get used to our system, and will probably get some first team experience along the way. The way I see it, thats a good thing.

There are still some issues in the team. For example, if Fabregas leaves then we will need a creative player to replace him. If you haven't noticed, Chelsea, United and City have been looking for a creative player that is like Fabregas for a couple of years now but they have had no success. This might prove to be troublesome.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:49 pm

@ iceman is right. arsenal now have a potent mix of direct and passing players. so this can be the season we are all waiting for.

last season most teams had a parked a bus against us and we couldn't do anything about it.
remember the game against barcelona ? barcelona created almost all of their chances from wide positions. the reason was because arsenal were packing the central defence area.
one way of breaking such tight defences is to use fast wingers(who can dribble and tricks) and this helps in opening gaps in the tight defence and so we have amazing passers and they can play the through balls and arsenal will score many goals.
last season if the ball went out to wide positions only sagna was the one taking the defender away with him, nasri on the right wings always passed back towards the central area....
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:19 pm

I realized that I inadvertently forgot Vela, but thats just shows how down he's gone in the pecking order
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next