RealGunner
Sushi Master
Sri
SamuelJayC
Jay29
31 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:30 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
So if we hadn't have signed Gervinho, Wenger would have turned to youth? Don't see where you're coming from.
Here's a fun fact: the average age of all the players signed by last year's top four is approximately 21. Says a lot, doesn't it?

How are we going to attract big name players when keep signing young kids? Do you think Cesc is leaving for Barcelona cus he loves them, or he is going to win trophies?

I have no problem with youth, it just does not make scene signing players that we don't need. We need a striker that can give us goals, if RVP gets injured, we need a LB, DM, are we signing any of these a players no.

Jam your hype.... What do you mean don't need ?? Rozza is getting on a bit and arshvin might be leaving us next summer. So this move makes sense... a young talented attacking English player who wants to play for us. You should be happy

EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Page 3 Empty Re: Official: Arsenal sign Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:30 pm

By Wengers standard we have signed 3 players, but in my opinion we have only signed one, Gervinho.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:30 pm

AnJl wrote:
imalegend wrote:
AnJl wrote:Has anyone seen the offical pics?

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/oxlade-chamberlain-gallery

He looks like Walcott and Drogba's love child Shocked

I dont know technical wise , but physically this guy already looks set.

Here is to hoping his techincal stats are of Arsenal quality

thats wat i like about him unlike many of our recent youth signing he looks good physically

I can imagine him , afobe annd aneke making defenders their b*tches

The defenders have to cope with Wilshere/Ramsey/Lansbury/Frimpong before that. Very Happy

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:32 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:By Wengers standard we have signed 3 players, but in my opinion we have only signed one, Gervinho.

Agree. We have 3 additions to the squad, 1 to the starting XI. And the starting XI (in case of ACON and injuries) is what is worrying.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 pm

What does this mean for Aneke and Ramsey would be my main question. I'm pretty sure Chamberlain said that he played as an ACM until he got to the 1st team of the Saints and wanted to play there. Aneke has a lot of potential although his speed will hinder him so I have a few ? about him. Ramsey seems like the successor to Cesc so him and Chamberlain will be competing and if one plays I see the other becoming unhappy and a waste of talent.

Chamberlain could play RW, but we have Walcott there unless he's permanently a CF which means he competes with Afobe/Campbell (?). So much talent, so many possibilities and so many selection headaches Sad
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 pm

srigooner wrote:

Where the hell are his studs? Razz

A bull doesnt need studs does it ? Razz
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:34 pm

For goodness sake people, just be patient! If we don't sign anymore players this summer, then you can start panicing and doom mongering. But for now, there's still three weeks to go in this transfer window and we're after a centre back. Just wait and see what happens.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:35 pm

ArsenalWenger wrote:What does this mean for Aneke and Ramsey would be my main question. I'm pretty sure Chamberlain said that he played as an ACM until he got to the 1st team of the Saints and wanted to play there. Aneke has a lot of potential although his speed will hinder him so I have a few ? about him. Ramsey seems like the successor to Cesc so him and Chamberlain will be competing and if one plays I see the other becoming unhappy and a waste of talent.

Chamberlain could play RW, but we have Walcott there unless he's permanently a CF which means he competes with Afobe/Campbell (?). So much talent, so many possibilities and so many selection headaches Sad

Don't worry, at Arsenal, there is room for everyone. We rotate enough with the number of games we have and our injury luck. (wish Bendtner saw this post!)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:36 pm

ArsenalWenger wrote:What does this mean for Aneke and Ramsey would be my main question. I'm pretty sure Chamberlain said that he played as an ACM until he got to the 1st team of the Saints and wanted to play there. Aneke has a lot of potential although his speed will hinder him so I have a few ? about him. Ramsey seems like the successor to Cesc so him and Chamberlain will be competing and if one plays I see the other becoming unhappy and a waste of talent.

It doesn't mean much for Ramsey. Chamberlain will most likely be used on both flanks, so he's in competition with Walcott, Gervinho, Miyaichi, et al.

Nothing wrong with a bit of competition. The cream will always rise to the top, you know?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:38 pm

srigooner wrote:
AnJl wrote:
imalegend wrote:

thats wat i like about him unlike many of our recent youth signing he looks good physically

I can imagine him , afobe annd aneke making defenders their b*tches

The defenders have to cope with Wilshere/Ramsey/Lansbury/Frimpong before that. Very Happy

With those guys in midfield , there wouldnt be an opposition midfield.

They would all be blown off the park like little flies
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:39 pm

imalegend wrote:
AnJl wrote:
gunnerlistick wrote:That's arsenal fans for you... Had he signed for yanited they would have been moaning that the board can't do things right.

He is a 17 year old who we signed at a whopping 12 - 15 million.

Dont tell me you didnt raise an eyebrow when you saw that ....

"If they could have spent 12 million on a 17 year old , why couldnt they have spent alittle more on Mata" - A very valid point isnt it?

For me its fine, because i want to see loyal players at our club , I can wait for the success....

the 12-15 isn't upfront....... it's proabaly 5-6mil...and the rest over time and depending on appearances/goals and maybe int apps

That doesnt sound too bad ~
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:42 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

It doesn't mean much for Ramsey. Chamberlain will most likely be used on both flanks, so he's in competition with Walcott, Gervinho, Miyaichi, et al.

Nothing wrong with a bit of competition. The cream will always rise to the top, you know?

Question :

Dont you think by doing this we are forcing our youth players to grow up too soon , too fast , otherwise they get a big boot?
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:43 pm

As long as we do sign players that we really need, I would be more then happy with this signing. The thing I am worried about is , Wenger might say we have spent enough money this summer.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:As long as we do sign players that we really need, I would be more then happy with this signing. The thing I am worried about is , Wenger might say we have spent enough money this summer.

It's a well known fact that this season could define Wenger as a visionary or a senile old man who has lost his marbles.

I think he is under alot more pressure and stress than all of us combined.

Just wait Raptor , you could be in for a shock.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:48 pm

AnJl wrote:

Question :

Dont you think by doing this we are forcing our youth players to grow up too soon , too fast , otherwise they get a big boot?

Maybe. But then, it's a fairly common thing in modern day football. You want your youth to work for a first team spot and having other talented players competing with them should drive them to do better. Getting use to working with that pressure is also a good thing; if you can't handle it, then you won't break into a team like Arsenal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:48 pm

I hope we all are in for that shock.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:51 pm

So you saying there is more shocking news coming, well bring it on, I would love that.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:53 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:
AnJl wrote:

Question :

Maybe. But then, it's a fairly common thing in modern day football. You want your youth to work for a first team spot and having other talented players competing with them should drive them to do better. Getting use to working with that pressure is also a good thing; if you can't handle it, then you won't break into a team like Arsenal.

Depends on whether you look at the glass half full or half empty huh?
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:55 pm

srigooner wrote:I hope we all are in for that shock.

We would all love that wouldnt we
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:55 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:

Guess so, there isn't a guarantee that these players are going to make it. I just think we are a bit overloaded atm on the attacking front. Bearing in mind, a few years from now when Chamberlain etc. are in their early twenties, the U18 squad will be coming through with Bunjaku, Toral and many other talented youngsters becoming 18/19 and as we've seen this season with Bartley and Lansbury, may be asking for squad places and putting question marks over their futures. But that's a long time from now and we need not worry about the U18's.

Last edited by ArsenalWenger on Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Depends on whether you look at the glass half full or half empty huh?

Clubs just want what's best for them in the long run. If a kid doesn't make it with them they aren't too conerned because there are 71 other league clubs in England. So it's not like we're killing anyone's career in the game.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Guess so, there isn't a guarantee that these players are going to make it. I just think we are a bit overloaded atm. Bearing in mind, a few years from now when Chamberlain etc. are in their early twenties, the U18 squad will be coming through with Bunjaku, Toral and many other talented youngsters becoming 18/19 and as we've seen this season with Bartley and Lansbury, may be asking for squad places and putting question marks over their futures. But that's a long time from now and we need not worry about the U18's.

I also think we have one too many midfielders in the reserves and youth at the moment, but it's not too bad when you consider the main reason for this is so we can make a profit on them later on.

If they make it - great, we've got a good player we can use.

If they don't make it - no worries, we'll just sell him for a healthy profit.

It's win win for us.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:09 pm

lets not forget people we are losing atleast 4 squad members... Denilson is gone...Alumina, Bendtner, Eboue are next...... and we need to fill up those spots

and then there is still uncertainitly for Cesc and Nasri
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:12 pm

Ohhh my english ! what does chamberlain means!..is it Champion or what !....great sign then Wink

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:22 pm

why do u have tottenham as ur sig ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamin Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:28 pm

15m is crazy if you ask me but it had to be done. enough with us losing on hot prospects.

what would be your reaction if he turned to be a CR9 and went to man utd?

Last edited by Jamin on Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jamin
Jamin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

http://twitter.com/#!/J_Amin94

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next