RealGunner
justdoit_
RED
Lex
Great Leader Sprucenuce
29 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Garry Neville is Impressive but not so more than Jamie Redknapp - Page 2 Empty Re: Garry Neville is Impressive but not so more than Jamie Redknapp

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:08 pm

Am I watching it right ?? Neville praising LFC academy in pre-game and now giving more credit to us than we actually deserve.

What has this world come to ?

Back to top Go down

Garry Neville is Impressive but not so more than Jamie Redknapp - Page 2 Empty Re: Garry Neville is Impressive but not so more than Jamie Redknapp

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:19 pm

^ First Barton, now Gary.

Need to take a step back and look where you're going sep. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:08 am

Gary Neville's public dislike of Manchester City has resurfaced as he made a candid admission of his "hatred" for Liverpool but also acknowledged that he has more respect for them than the club Sir Alex Ferguson derided as Manchester United's "noisy neighbours".

Neville was prominently involved in the hostilities between the two Manchester clubs last season, caught making a one-fingered sign towards Carlos Tevez as the City striker celebrated scoring against his former club in the Carling Cup semi-final. The former England defender was also given an official warning by the Football Association for the way he celebrated Michael Owen's stoppage-time winner in the league meeting at Old Trafford, running along the touchline to goad City's supporters.

His latest remarks are likely to go down badly at both Anfield and Eastlands, with Chelsea possibly implicated as well, but Neville has never hidden his feelings for United's rivals and did not shy away when asked whether it was true he hated Liverpool. "When I was younger there was no doubt about it," he said. "I was a United fan, they [Liverpool] were winning everything and it was a horrible time for my club, to be honest, through the 70s and 80s.

"I suppose it came from jealousy through my childhood – jealousy, hatred, passion for your own club. You don't want them [Liverpool] to win anything, and you don't like the people who are winning, just like I've seen in the last 15 or 16 years, from a good side, everybody is now 'we all hate Man United' – and they hate Man United because we are winning."

It was here that Neville made what can be taken only as a thinly-veiled reference to City, the biggest spenders in English football for the past two years.

"I have more respect for Liverpool, in a sense of their tradition and their history, than I do some of the other clubs that have come on the scene in the last few years, throwing a load of money at it." He then added pointedly: "They [Liverpool] have got a good history – you have to hand it to them – and they have been successful."

This tells you everything as I have a theory here.

I feel that at the finals stages of Neville's career, he has taken a look back at his footballing tenure, and Liverpool most probably comes to his mind as the countless years of rivalry and banter has brought rather a sense of mutual and deep respect for Liverpool. Personally, I hate United just as much as any other Liverpool fan, yet I have come to respect them as how can you not respect a team who has been winning legitimately (almost;sometimes) without spending 100 of millions. We're just on opposite sides of the veil.

I think Neville has seen the emergence of these sugar daddy clubs with 0 history who feel they can buy their way into success and titles as he clearly will respect the team with history and tradition who sticks to their principles and values rather then dishing out cash like a sheikh.

Same with, SAF, who recently has stated his respect for Liverpool in the wak e of teams like City and other sugar daddy clubs.

Therefore, I've seen Neville has grown a soft spot for Liverpool as United fans have seemed to channel their hate towards city and their disgusting way of approaching football.

Legends who retire always seem to remember the rivalries the most and come to respect all the years of turmoil and heated battles between them as when pretenders like City come in... well you know the rest.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:53 am

^^ I'd like to think that's how the sensible LFC fans view United too. Yes we hate each others team, but I'd like to think there is respect there too. I certainly respect LFC.

Gary Neville has been really impressive as a pundit, and the fact that he has been complimentary towards LFC yesterday and City last week shows what a top professional he is too.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:02 pm

Anyone just saw his analysis of Henderson and Carroll from saturday's game? their runs and positioning and their roles ?

FML, Neville is a fantastic pundit...I wish some of our own fans would listen to him...He really knows the game inside out.....Can't believe I am saying it.

Looking forward to hear from him today about United's game. should be interesting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:36 pm

Sepi wrote:Anyone just saw his analysis of Henderson and Carroll from saturday's game? their runs and positioning and their roles ?

FML, Neville is a fantastic pundit...I wish some of our own fans would listen to him...He really knows the game inside out.....Can't believe I am saying it.

Looking forward to hear from him today about United's game. should be interesting.

Thanks KSA, fully agreed.

And Sepi I did in fact see his comments as there were some other interesting comments regarding Liverpool which were quite spot on.

Neville is one hell of a pundit.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:01 pm

Fantastic Quote by him and I agree with every word.

You would think back to Liverpool’s 20 years of dominance and wonder whether United’s run was coming to an end.
Looking back, the Carling Cup win of 2006, when we beat Wigan 4-0 in what was my first win as captain, was a massive victory for the club. That success taught young players like Wayne Rooney, for whom it was his first trophy, what it was like to win.
I would argue that it was the springboard to the most dominant period in the club’s history, when United won four titles out of five and qualified for three of the past four Champions League finals, winning in 2008.

Being on the podium is a drug. Having a medal put round your neck and running round a stadium with the Cup is addictive. I had the privilege to do it lots of times in my career and never got bored. People ask: ‘What was the best night of your life?’. I’ve had around 14 best nights in my life, always after winning a cup. It is those moments that draw teams closer and create the team spirit to go on and win more.
Consider how many other great teams have started out with a League Cup win. It was Jose Mourinho’s first trophy in England in 2005 and gave Chelsea the impetus to go on and win the League that year and in 2006.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:05 pm

He knows what he is talking about there.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:00 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/oct/02/gary-neville-sky-tv-rio-ferdinand

gotta say that's a cracking article and well played on Neville's part.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:09 pm

Ferdinand shouldn't start at 2014 WC imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:14 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Ferdinand shouldn't start at 2014 WC imo.

To state the obvious.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:47 am

I think everyone noticed the joke defensive high lines by both teams but still a great analysis by Neville.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 am

Superb stuff :bow:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:35 am

Guest wrote:As a pundit.

Very impressed with his commentary and opinions...didn't expect that

Hi,Gary Neville,nice of you to join us

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Neville's analysis. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:14 pm

I wish everyone else had his attitude on diving, its the same as mine.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Ferdinand shouldn't start at 2014 WC imo.

To state the obvious.

I used to think this way but i have been very impressed with his performances this season especially last month or so.

I thought he was flawless against Madrid, i'd consider taking him if he keeps it up.

Anyway good video Dani, i have seen it before but its still a good watch i agree with him as well and honestly most of the stuff he says analytic wise i do.

His commentary needs work though Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:28 pm

I think Rio still got it, just give him the right partner and right framework he will do well. Start I dont know but its not like your swimming in obvious options.

Agree Mole, I aint a huge fan of his commentary, but at least he knows football which isnt a given on SS.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:29 pm

Gary Neville ffs Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

You Legend :bow:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:39 pm

Gary Neville's champions league analysis is crap.Designed to mock La Liga,Serie A and Bundesliga.

He is the new Andy Grey.that guy hated La Liga and Serie A,don't know why,maybe because a team of La Liga or Serie A players can win International tournaments and teams of EPL players can't,but he hated those leagues.

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Yeah that shows what little you know because he doesn't do analysis for CL Laughing

He just does commentary, which we know he's crap at.

Learn the difference.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah that shows what little you know because he doesn't do analysis for CL Laughing

Learn the difference.

His analysis in those games is crap.Never approved of Napoli's 3-4-3 formation,who the hell is he to tell Walter Mazzari what formation's work??

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:His commentary needs work though Laughing

If you are saying this in regards to his bias towards EPL sides(In the Champions League) then i doubt its going to ever change.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Stormer77 Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Surag wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:His commentary needs work though Laughing

If you are saying this in regards to his bias towards EPL sides(In the Champions League) then i doubt its going to ever change.

The guys who do ESPN Press Pass never played favourites during commentary when ESPN had CL rights

Stormer77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:50 pm

What did he say so bad about Napoli? Honest question, I dont watch Sky durung CL games.

I ask because it is possible that he simply doesnt think its a good system without him being bias.

I mean, lets get some actual material here rather than "he hates league x, y and z"
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Stormer77 wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah that shows what little you know because he doesn't do analysis for CL Laughing

Learn the difference.

His analysis in those games is crap.Never approved of Napoli's 3-4-3 formation,who the hell is he to tell Walter Mazzari what formation's work??

He's paid to give analysis of the games, and if Napoli surrenders are 3-1 home leg lead by getting absolutely shit on 0-4 away then its reasonable to suggest that maybe there was a problem with Napoli's setup
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next