Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

+49
Doc
Helmer
nasir6371
DeletedUser#1
Grooverider
Highburied
Vlad the Impaler
VivaStPauli
RedOranje
donttreadonred
stevieg8
iftikhar
bloodless
Amar
DavidVilla92
Blue
RealGunner
Lord Hades
cyberman
Iceman
Mr Nick09
Babun
Onyx
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Abramovich
Nishankly
M99
McAgger
S
TheRedStag
EarlyPrototype
RED
Arquitecto
aunshi
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Red Alert
gkamtu
dostoevsky
che
poolsupporter
BeautifulGame
Swanhends
punkfusion1992
Gil
RedFlag
lenear1030
nj
53 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

Post by aunshi Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:24 am

This could be an interesting transfer window for Liverpool, I wonder if this means they'll have to keep up the large figures for players?

aunshi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

Post by Gil Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:40 am

Lol @ Henderson being better than McEachran. More experienced definitely but better you're having a laugh m8.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:51 am

Sigh... As much as I want to side with Sepi here, I have to agree with Gilvorak.

Every single time I have seen Henderson, I have not seen anything worth noting as all his attributes are decent, but what does he even specialize in?
I understand under Kenny and the 'pool philosophy he can grow to a world class but I have my doubts on this player and one who does in fact crumble under pressure.

Maybe I have not seen the right games for Sunderland but I don't think the high price is justified as it should have been spent on better or more proven players. I know Hendo is english and has time on his side but I have huge doubts, although I hope I'm wrong.

McEachran? I have seen him and can call him the definitive heir to Lampard. And if you know me I rate Lamps very highly.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:57 am

Gil wrote:Lol @ Henderson being better than McEachran. More experienced definitely but better you're having a laugh m8.

Ofcourse McEachran is better . I mean he is already a U-21 regular , is regularly playing for his club for 2 seasons , has made england NT debut already . Such a great player McEachran is .

How many times we have seen this hype about a Chelsea youngster only to shipped out a season later . Does even any chelsea fan know the last local player from Chelsea to establish in their first team ?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:03 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
Gil wrote:Lol @ Henderson being better than McEachran. More experienced definitely but better you're having a laugh m8.

Ofcourse McEachran is better . I mean he is already a U-21 regular , is regularly playing for his club for 2 seasons , has made england NT debut already . Such a great player McEachran is .

How many times we have seen this hype about a Chelsea youngster only to shipped out a season later . Does even any chelsea fan know the last local player from Chelsea to establish in their first team ?

Yes because starting for Chelsea and starting for 5under1and is exactly the same, Henderson is an average player who is overhyped because he came through the system and is english.

I cannot fathom why Liverpool would want to spend 20 million on him when they can get far superior players for half that price.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:13 am

don't think he is anything special.

I heard that the deal is 20 mill- 13 mill plus Ngog included for 7 mill. If that is true, then SFC just got robbed big time.

7 mill for Ngog. Lunacy!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:24 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

Yes because starting for Chelsea and starting for 5under1and is exactly the same, Henderson is an average player who is overhyped because he came through the system and is english.

I cannot fathom why Liverpool would want to spend 20 million on him when they can get far superior players for half that price.

How many times have ever seen McEachran play?. So what basis u would say he is better than Henderson . Based of playing for Chelsea reserves ?

Whether he is an average or not i havent seen much of him say .Having debuted for England at 19says otherwise though. I would rather trust Kenny to judge the potential of someone we are signing .

As for signing someone better who is there?For 13 mil 20 , young has potential , happy to be a bench player for the time being and versatile to play as both CM and RW ? Care to suggest someone else ?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 am

MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan wrote:20 million = far too much
13 million + N'Gog = not bad, a bit much but a good transfer

IMO
Very Happy

and indeed 13mil+Ngog IS a good deal.

i mean, Ngog is nowhere near worth 7mil, so basically we are paying 13mil and giving someone who had became useless for the squad under Kenny.

also, we are building for the present AND the future: so now we began by buying an already capped 20yr old english midfielder,
but people need to also keep in mind that our owner said that money isnt a problem, so we will be buying many others players this summer.

having said that, you can hate on the transfers fees or not, it doesnt really change a thing, the only thing is that J. Henry, Comolli & Kenny will do everything it takes to makes us return where we belong
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by nj Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:01 pm

and to tbh: i prefer we buy maybe a little over the odds for youngs hungry players who can already deliver and have sure potential at the same time,
rather than what we were used to in the last few years: bosmans/few mil for old money grabbers ala Poulsen's, Cole's, Voronin's...
nj
nj
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:03 pm

If you ask me 20 million is too much. Wickham is going to be the future CF of England would be great to add him to your squad.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:07 pm

Welcome to Liverpool!

Very happy with the deal. Who cares if we pay a couple million over the odds. He's only 20 and can be a long term servant at the club if things work out.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 pm

so the british identity of pool is restored !!!
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:08 pm

Apparently Phil Jones too!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6970629,00.html Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:09 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:If you ask me 20 million is too much. Wickham is going to be the future CF of England would be great to add him to your squad.

In for him too. We need to replace N'goal now. bounce
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:09 pm

ynwa wrote:Apparently Phil Jones too!

Now he's quality and would be worth every penny unlike Henderson tongue
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:10 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:If you ask me 20 million is too much. Wickham is going to be the future CF of England would be great to add him to your squad.

I'd love us to get Shane Long, but I am biased being Irish.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:11 pm

ynwa wrote:

Henderson, Jones and Wickham all gonna be in the future England team. Maybe Martin Kelly too?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
ynwa wrote:Apparently Phil Jones too!

Now he's quality and would be worth every penny unlike Henderson tongue

13m + N'gog is not bad priced. Shocked

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 pm

Irish_Catalan_Scouser wrote:

He is only good enough for the bench though what is he 24 or 25?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:14 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
ynwa wrote:

Henderson, Jones and Wickham all gonna be in the future England team. Maybe Martin Kelly too?

You forgot Carroll. :bball:

Kelly look's brilliant, so he'd prob make it too. Very Happy

If Sterling and Shelvey come out right, they can probably make it too. Wink
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:15 pm

Not maybe....Martin Kelly will also be the future of England. ^
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:15 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:

He is only good enough for the bench though what is he 24 or 25?

He's 24. Sure, he's not the best striker out there but every time I watch him I'm impressed.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:16 pm

ynwa wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
ynwa wrote:

and Flanagan?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:19 pm

ynwa wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
ynwa wrote:

and Flanagan?

Definitely has potential, but I don't think he'll get passed Kelly. If Jones arrives, I don't think Kelly will play CB. silent
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm sorry but the times I have seen Henderson, he was nothing special. He received rave reviews in 3-0 Chelsea, and I watched that much, and he just did his job. Didn't do anything special. He is a solid, consistent player, young, that's always a good thing but not worth 20 million. Overhyped just like Milner.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:26 pm

milanista99 wrote:I'm sorry but the times I have seen Henderson, he was nothing special. He received rave reviews in 3-0 Chelsea, and I watched that much, and he just did his job. Didn't do anything special. He is a solid, consistent player, young, that's always a good thing but not worth 20 million. Overhyped just like Milner.

Who over-hypes him?
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next