Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

+49
Doc
Helmer
nasir6371
DeletedUser#1
Grooverider
Highburied
Vlad the Impaler
VivaStPauli
RedOranje
donttreadonred
stevieg8
iftikhar
bloodless
Amar
DavidVilla92
Blue
RealGunner
Lord Hades
cyberman
Iceman
Mr Nick09
Babun
Onyx
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
Abramovich
Nishankly
M99
McAgger
S
TheRedStag
EarlyPrototype
RED
Arquitecto
aunshi
MacPhisto/MirrorBallMan
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
Red Alert
gkamtu
dostoevsky
che
poolsupporter
BeautifulGame
Swanhends
punkfusion1992
Gil
RedFlag
lenear1030
nj
53 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? - Page 7 Empty Re: Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

Post by McAgger Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:22 pm

And like Arq pointed out, he didn't get nearly as much hate like Downing, Carroll, Adam, or Cole were getting. Because we knew he had the tools to become good and live up to the fee.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? - Page 7 Empty Re: Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing?

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:14 pm

For much of last year, we criticized Hendo's use. He's just not a great winger. Put him in CM/AM and he improves. Rodgers has taken him and removed him from the spotlight and worked with him on seeing space and his attacking movement, and you begin to see performances like thos against Norwich, Sunderland and QPR. Of course, his goal yesterday drew attention to his already good performances. However, LFC supporters (at least those I speak with hear and elsewhere) have been very optimistic about his improvement this season under Rodgers. Msot were gutted not to see him start against United... I can't think of a better compliment.

Regarding yesterday, Hendo's fluid movement and accounting for the attacking moves of Suarez an Johnson was what impressed me the most. He saw the holes open and he filled them immediately. With Suarez constantly drifting in behind Sturridge, Hendo spent much a large amount of the match working as a makeshift LAM (think of the wide player in a standard 4-2-3-1). In this position, he was often working the overlap with Johnson. See the attacking formation below (taken from an eplindex.com article on Liverpool's tactics with and w/out Sturridge).

Hendo is the more advanced CM role and the one the ends up on the left side of the midfield...
Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? - Page 7 LFC-343attack
Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? - Page 7 LFC-4231highblock
Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? - Page 7 LFC-4411lowblock

In this creative set-up, it's very important that the player in Hendo's role be able to read the game and uphold his positional responsibilities. He was able to do that yesterday. If he can manage that against the bigger teams, then he can be very valuable to this new tactical approach.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:02 pm

You all do realise that it is possible to praise one player without attacking/criticising others, right?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:19 pm

RedOranje wrote:You all do realise that it is possible to praise one player without attacking/criticising others, right?

And suddenly,
the Ronaldo v Messi discussions were no more
silence befell the forums
there was only peace.
The end.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:21 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
RedOranje wrote:You all do realise that it is possible to praise one player without attacking/criticising others, right?

And suddenly,
there was only peace.
The end.
Who are Ronaldo & Messi? :coffee:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:45 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

And suddenly,
there was only peace.
The end.
Opposing fans will always bicker and fight like spoiled siblings... it's just part of the sport.

But fans of a club attacking players at said club as a means to praise others is hollow and a bit galling.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:40 am

Speak for yourselves, I havn't said one bad thing about Hendo. We may have over paid but the quality is there. He's going to be massive for England partnering up with Wilshere, I feel those two will accomodate each other best.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:14 pm

ynwa wrote:Speak for yourselves, I havn't said one bad thing about Hendo. We may have over paid but the quality is there. He's going to be massive for England partnering up with Wilshere, I feel those two will accomodate each other best.

Cleverly says Hi!

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:20 pm

No mole hate since the bump? affraid scratch Very Happy
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:29 pm

No Liverpool fan respects my opinion anymore so i don't bother :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:No Liverpool fan respects my opinion (on anything Liverpool related) anymore so i don't bother :coffee:

fixed.

Took you long enough!
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Henderson? Cleverley is thrice the player than that mackem dogleash signing! Even James Tomkins playing CM is superior to Hendo! Even the Newcastle Legend Williamson playing higher up is better then him! I'm better than him!

What the hell is this Mole?

Fact is,Mole you're just a Liverpool hater so anything based on Liverpool we will not listen too. :coffee:
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Henderson? Cleverley is thrice the player than that mackem dogleash signing! Even James Tomkins playing CM is superior to Hendo! Even the Newcastle Legend Williamson playing higher up is better then him! I'm better than him!

What the hell is this Mole?

Fact is,Mole you're just a Liverpool hater so anything based on Liverpool we will not listen too. :coffee:

Its OK. He says he's stopped. Proud

Let the past be. :coffee:
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Arq that isn't me, for one thing the english is far too good rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:50 am

Reading through this thread is bunch of lolz. Gil embarrassing himself with McEarchen comments.

Easily worth the 16m paid for him. Every game he's even better it's insane. And so much passion :bow:

>>> Cleverly
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:13 am

RUN HENDO RUN

rofl
Jordan Henderson, first Liverpool signing? - Page 7 9694659003_d0200b9293_o

Defines him perfectly btw
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:30 am

Im pleased with his progress, Improving every game.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:01 pm

Still a scrub, hope he never wears the 3 lions again.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:46 pm

Abramovich wrote:Still a scrub, hope he never wears the 3 lions again.
Coming from a "Japanese Dortmund supporter"(or a dishonest Chelsea fan from England)... I doubt anyone really cares what you hope for with regards to an LFC player.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:12 pm

Abramovich wrote:Still a scrub, hope he never wears the 3 lions again.
i agree, running around like a headless chicken does not define a 'good player' Liverpool fans are deluded.

Cleverly is much better as he is more creative and has better positional play, where as Henderson looks clueless
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:19 pm

Yes, that's exactly what we saw in the Liverpool vs United match... except the opposite.

It's astounding how often people write off legitimate work in opening up space, running channels, pressing in defense, and covering for other players as "headless/clueless running." It's not the player that's clueless, it's the spectators who can't understand just how much important work he's doing.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:58 pm

1st Page:

Swanhends wrote:The next James Milner
nailed it :dance:
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:36 pm

I don't really sign that argument that Henderson's stand out ability is his stamina. He is a properly good footballer with several good skills and on top of that he's got a good engine.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:44 pm

RedOranje wrote:Yes, that's exactly what we saw in the Liverpool vs United match... except the opposite.

It's astounding how often people write off legitimate work in opening up space, running channels, pressing in defense, and covering for other players as "headless/clueless running."  It's not the player that's clueless, it's the spectators who can't understand just how much important work he's doing.
wrong, he's not doing any important work at all. I've seen countless times when Lucas or Gerrard have had to mop up his mess because he has been either out of position or lost somewhere on the park. Countless liverpool fans have also commented on how this man is nothing but a liability when it comes to his defensive duties.
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:03 pm

^ LOOOL....I wonder why our win % ratio under BR is significantly higher when Henderson starts. He gives balance to midfield and creates space for others with his movement. Not to mention he is the best in pressing in the entire team. I think he'll get 10 goals this season.

grooverider my mate...soon you'll be outed for who you truly are Smile

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 pm

Please stay on topic.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next