Mr Nick09
Ganso
theaguia
elm_baraja_shaman
SaintJoe
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Official: Falcao and Micael join Atlético  - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: Falcao and Micael join Atlético

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:09 am

Yuri Yukuv wrote:FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

lolololol didnt u want this guy in real?

Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Official: Falcao and Micael join Atlético  - Page 2 Empty Re: Official: Falcao and Micael join Atlético

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:30 am

Great player, suck ass club. Step down, IMO.

But I guess Porto are a selling club.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:31 am

Does this mean no Osvaldo? Or are they replacing Kun + Forlan?
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by football_genius Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:31 am

oh yeaaahhh! win for la liga. suck it serieafaces and premfaces.

football_genius
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:32 am

maybe AVB leaving killed their ambition for next season, and the urgency to sell as well. You DO NOT turn down 40M for Falcao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:56 am

This is very good for Atletico, they have really build a competitive squad along with sides such as malaga and valencia, la liga is gonna be more exciting this season.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:05 am

They might have gotten jibbed, but Falcao will give many teams a hard time this season in Spain, no doubt.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:19 pm

Falcao

Forlan/Adrian Turan Reyes

Not a bad front four, even though Forlan might leave.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:26 pm

I see Caroll to Liverpool killed all "fair soccer transfer" on planet soccer Evil or Very Mad
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:44 pm

Arsenal should be taking notes. If you want a top class player you are going to have to pay for him.

Look at Man City(Aguero and others), Atletico(Falcao,Turan), Liverpool(Carrol,Downing,Henderson,Enrique), Man United(Young,Jones) PSG(Pastore), Malaga(Cazorla), Real Madrid(Coentrao).

These teams identified players and went and paid what they needed to to get them in there as quick as possible.

Now these teams will be able to start there seasons with there rosters pretty much complete and the players already getting a feel for there teammates.

A lot of the players I named were not bargains, and some of them probably paid too much for them, but they have them and they can start there season and focus on that.

Arsenal just needs to identify someone and go pay what it takes to get them, if they have to go over there evaluation by 3-7 mill, do it. They have a lot of money to spend.

Now with Injuries and suspensions they are going into there league games and risking dropping points which affects there season as they need every point they can get with the dog fight they will be in for champions league place on the line because they have a makeshift lineup. Not to mention they pushed themselves right up against the end of the window where players will cost more because they know Arsenal need to buy and the market is somewhat picked over.

They knew for a long time Cesc and Nasri were probably going to leave and Wenger looks terribly unprepaired.

This is not a slam on Arsenal but more of a different way to look at why Atletico would in a very similar position to Arsenal overspend to get the man to replace there superstar.

Don't get me wrong, they did overspend for Falcao but I like the message it sends there team and there fans that they are not going to lay down and take it from teams like Malaga and they will push as hard as they can to fight them off.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:45 pm

football_genius wrote:oh yeaaahhh! win for la liga. suck it serieafaces and premfaces.

Well he is replacing a superior player in Aguero who went to guess where? Premier League.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:46 pm

You seriously did not compare Atletico's transfer "policy" with Arsenal. Come on man...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:07 pm

Doc wrote:You seriously did not compare Atletico's transfer "policy" with Arsenal. Come on man...

IMO these teams are in VERY similar situations with rich clubs trying to knock them off there perch, and losing the face of there franchise. Again IMO, Atletico had drawn a line in the sand and Arsenal has not.

Arsenal has had the better transfer policy over the last 5-10 years by a country mile, IMO I don't think it's going to work anymore. Small teams are willing to put a high price on the there best players and wait out the big teams and you can't go raid South America like you used to be able to.

Also with the money the teams that are competing with Atletico and Arsenal are throwing around, you have to change your policy and if Arsenal wants to keep there place, and they can as they have money to spend and are in a good financial position.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:45 pm

I don't understand that.

For me Porto is miles ahead of Athletico at the moment and after their great season they had something to play in Champion's league. I know however that Porto pay low wages as even us and Marseille were able to get Lisandro and Lucho.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:55 pm

OLpower wrote:I don't understand that.

For me Porto is miles ahead of Athletico at the moment and after their great season they had something to play in Champion's league. I know however that Porto pay low wages as even us and Marseille were able to lure Lisandro and Lucho.

It's not the team, it's the league. Most players want to play in Italy, Spain or England. There's more money and recognition in those leagues, and with more recognition comes more endorsements and even more money and fame.

Take someone like me, an avid football fan living in USA. The only time I would ever get to see Hulk, Falcao is when there in the Champions league and it is usually a replay at that. Also, it seems that players who play in bigger leagues have a better chance at playing for there national team. I mean Hulk should be a shoe in for Brazil but IMO since Nilmar plays in La Liga he's gotten the nod more times. Again IMO, Hulk is 10 times the player Nilmar is.

It's sad as Porto are a fantastic team but the League there in will just never catch up to the other leagues and they will have to sell there players. It sucks because teams like Porto and Benefica do everything right and in some sense are punished for it because of where they are located. I would LOVE to see a full PORTO team with no transfers run through the champions league this year as IMO they were the 3/4 best team in Europe last year.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:59 pm

Oh and I forgot, I think some people are underestimating Atletico Madrid. They are probably the third biggest club in Spain they have just been run very poorly lately and the players have been choking.

They really are a fantastic club with lots of passionate supporters, but I think people tend to underestimate the size of Atletico.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:30 pm

€40 million! It's just too much.

Atletico don't have CL revenue, no commercial revenue from global fan-base & TV revenue is also not great (since Barca & Real gobble up most); wonder how they will manage!!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:06 pm

iftikhar wrote:€40 million! It's just too much.

Atletico don't have CL revenue, no commercial revenue from global fan-base & TV revenue is also not great (since Barca & Real gobble up most); wonder how they will manage!!!

They will manage fine, like I said they are not a little club by any stretch of the imagination. They just sold Kun for more then that so It's just them using the money they received to replace him. They don't need to keep that money and put it in the bank as they are not a small club.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:07 pm

Well they just spent all that Aguero money and then some. Think they'll break even by cashing in a few euros on Forlan before the window closes.

Quick question though? Is falcao going to stay at Porto to play next friday's Uefa Supercup?
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:12 pm

Giovanni10 wrote:Well they just spent all that Aguero money and then some. Think they'll break even by cashing in a few euros on Forlan before the window closes.

Quick question though? Is falcao going to stay at Porto to play next friday's Uefa Supercup?

I'm not 100% sure but I would assume not. I mean would you let someone you just paid 40 mill for step on the field for someone else? I sure wouldn't.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:16 pm

Arsenal don't have to spend billions to buy class players: Wenger is the master of buying cheap and ending up with quality, or slipping youth into the first 11.

I do agree we have to spend now more than ever, though. Even if it's big.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Giovanni10 Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:23 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Giovanni10 wrote:Well they just spent all that Aguero money and then some. Think they'll break even by cashing in a few euros on Forlan before the window closes.

I'm not 100% sure but I would assume not. I mean would you let someone you just paid 40 mill for step on the field for someone else? I sure wouldn't.

That's kind of a let down for the fans though...He was so important to that Porto side (then again AV Boas is also gone anyway), but would have liked to have seen a full strength Porto.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:24 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Ridiculous money, they are so stupid, sell aguero for 45, buy Falcao for 40, dumb, incredible

it's better to sign Osvaldo for 20M and buy a DM, they need one, oh well

Well said, Sir.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:27 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Arsenal don't have to spend billions to buy class players: Wenger is the master of buying cheap and ending up with quality, or slipping youth into the first 11.

I do agree we have to spend now more than ever, though. Even if it's big.

I agree with that, but IMO I don't think he can be as successful doing that anymore as the landscape has changed. It seems when he is linked with someone either Man city or PSG or Malaga will just step up and out spend him.

Also, he is very good at getting unknown players to be very good players but in the last 5 years or so his system is not producing top world class superstars. Again, he has very good players but with Man city and Chelsea and and others they are competing with buying established superstars I think that is what he needs to do right now, and he has no excuse not to. Van Persie being an exception, I do believe if he was ever healthy for a season he could lead the EPL in goals, but he was always known as being very talented he was just a total malcontent.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:01 pm

Every time I see a really strong squad finally qualify for the champions league/playoffs I get excited thinking it won't be as predictable. Then, they sell their best players and become weak. It's really annoying now.

For recent examples see:
Borrusia dortmund
Udinese
FC Porto
Benfica

Booooooooriiiiiiiiing. P.S, why the hell did Falcao leave before going into the champions league? I mean, some people say it's because if he flopped next year then he would be doomed to stay in portugal's league. But I think that's not true, surely he would have been confident in his abilities and became even more wanted with a good CL performance. Crazy...
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:05 pm

hulk will have to carry the attack alone now.2 goals 1 assist today.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next