Dnmac4
Ali
RealGunner
Jamin
juventus101
36 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How highly do you rate David Silva? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate David Silva?

Post by The Franchise Mon 22 Aug 2011, 04:43

Really? I dont think I ever even mentioned him before in terms of ability with his feet. I do think he is quite good, I just think Llorente is that much better.

I agree with what your saying, he doesnt get much credit for it. I seen him do a few surpsingly peices of skill and trickery with hit feet for Newcastle.

I just think Llorente is better in this aspect. Probably shouldnt of said far better, I think I over did it there.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate David Silva? - Page 2 Empty Re: How highly do you rate David Silva?

Post by Arquitecto Mon 22 Aug 2011, 04:45

The Franchise wrote:Really? I dont think I ever even mentioned him before in terms of ability with his feet. I do think he is quite good, I just think Llorente is that much better.

I agree with what your saying, he doesnt get much credit for it. I seen him do a few surpsingly peices of skill and trickery with hit feet for Newcastle.

I just think Llorente is better in this aspect. Probably shouldnt of said far better, I think I over did it there.

Exactly.

As mentioned Llorente simply is better as he is among the top 5 strikers in the world IMO.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 22 Aug 2011, 04:49

Your bias, you dont get a say in anything where Llorente must be ranked lol

I wont rank him though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon 22 Aug 2011, 04:58

What holds Silva back is that hes impotent around goal, he has no shooting power whatsoever, his crossing is non existent.
He suits a particular playing style and thats it. I wouldnt want him at Utd

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 22 Aug 2011, 04:58

The Franchise wrote:Really? I dont think I ever even mentioned him before in terms of ability with his feet. I do think he is quite good, I just think Llorente is that much better.

We probably went for the younger option.Carroll is only 22 isnt Llorente 26 or 27?
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 22 Aug 2011, 05:01

Andres Iniesta wrote:The developing trio of:

Dzeko---Aguero
------Silva------

Is going to bomb the EPL this season.

Silva's class, and to think he'd get run down by the physicality in the EPL..boy was I wrong..

U forgot Nasri :coffee:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 22 Aug 2011, 05:20

cyberman wrote:What holds Silva back is that hes impotent around goal, he has no shooting power whatsoever, his crossing is non existent.
He suits a particular playing style and thats it. I wouldnt want him at Utd

Iniesta is exactly the same, yet it doesnt matter.

Silva doesnt have to score goals, he isnt a forward and why cross when you can beat a man and pick a pass instead?

Untold times today he faked to come away from the byline to dip back inside and drive into the box.

Much better then crosses.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 22 Aug 2011, 05:21

BeautifulGame wrote:

We probably went for the younger option.Carroll is only 22 isnt Llorente 26 or 27?

True, but Carroll wont ever be as good as Llorente is in my opinion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon 22 Aug 2011, 05:27

EPL physicality is overrated.

Only Stoke has that privilege.

Silva is a class act.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Mon 22 Aug 2011, 05:30

Sushi Master wrote:EPL physicality is overrated.

Only Stoke has that privilege.

Silva is a class act.

I love watching Silva personally.

BTW did you get my request on MSN ? Gotta ask you for something FM11 related. Thumbs up
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon 22 Aug 2011, 05:34

Jamin wrote:
RealGunner wrote:^^ really ?

Think he is one of the best midfielders around.
i know many do rate him highly. i really dont rate him that high. i think he's not that effective but no doubt he's talented.

LOL.

Excellent player. One of the best creative play makers in the world.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 22 Aug 2011, 05:39

The Franchise wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:

True, but Carroll wont ever be as good as Llorente is in my opinion.

Maybe true or maybe not.But we will still get better return from Carroll if he has 7-8 good years than with 2-3 great years from Llorente.Also there would have been a concern whether he might adopt to the league at this stage of his career considering fee involed.Paying huge sums for players at this stage of their careers hasnt really worked out for most clubs in recent times has it? Torres Kaka Ibra etc.So there is a huge risk involved which might have influenced our decision.

Also i think Carrol if he develops his potential he will be better than Llorente imo.He was already top scorer in the league before injury in his first PL season itself playing for a promoted club.So i see no reason why he cant be one of the best forwards in Europe in a couple of years.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon 22 Aug 2011, 05:46

Getting a better return, I guess is a matter of opinion. 4 great years out of Llorente over 8 years of quite good from Carroll for me.

Also, many players have moved at older ages then Llorente and done well. He also has the profile of a player who could do well in any league. He isnt going to shrink in size overnight.

You named 3 players whos moved didnt work out, but you can name many more who did.

I wont argue your opinion on Carroll vs Llorente. I dont agree, I dont think Carroll has the ability Llorente has.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon 22 Aug 2011, 05:52

Didn't get a peek at the Arsenal match, but against Sunderland I specifically remember a moment where Carroll was faced up against Anton Ferdinand with the ball at his feet, started dribbling, and ended up looking like he just ran straight into the guy, it was awful.

Hopefully it was just one of those moments and that isn't nearly the norm for his footwork. Hopefully Liverpool can learn how to use him correctly.
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 06:30

Player X is Spanish

Player Y is English

OMFGGGGGGGGGGG...................PLAYER X IS SURELY BETTER THAN PLAYER Y THOUGH !!! I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THEIR SEXY LAST NAMES !! SALSAGONES, CUMPDRES, CANDOMINGUEZ, GOUVARA, PINOCHE...COMPARED TO THOSE BORING BRITS LIKE CHICKEN, HUNT, JARVIS, HORN, BLAIR, CHURCHIL ETC

NO WONDER THEY ARE IN AN ECONOMIC CRISES !!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon 22 Aug 2011, 06:44

Sepi wrote:Player X is Spanish

Player Y is English

OMFGGGGGGGGGGG...................PLAYER X IS SURELY BETTER THAN PLAYER Y THOUGH !!! I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THEIR SEXY LAST NAMES !! SALSAGONES, CUMPDRES, CANDOMINGUEZ, GOUVARA, PINOCHE...COMPARED TO THOSE BORING BRITS LIKE CHICKEN, HUNT, JARVIS, HORN, BLAIR, CHURCHIL ETC

I don't think anyone does this... But you just have to look at the Spanish system and the players they're producing. England still hasn't got out of the mode of producing physical players. Its not a mystery why most of the big teams are full of foreigners and why England have an inferior national team.

Other than a small group of players, most players idolised in England are horribly overrated. Even the good ones are overrated because the English media is obsessed with promoting their players.

Fernando Llorente is about 3 times the player Andy Carrol is...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon 22 Aug 2011, 06:47

I haven't read the thread but...

Did someone compare Carrol to Llorente? LOL.

And I rate David Silva very high on the scale of beastliness. Too bad he's at Man City. I always wanted him at Barca. But no matter where he goes, he'll beast it probably.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Mon 22 Aug 2011, 06:49

Llorente is better, but it's just a slim margin not THREE times the player
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 06:53

BarcaKizz wrote:
Sepi wrote:Player X is Spanish

Player Y is English

I don't think anyone does this... But you just have to look at the Spanish system and the players they're producing. England still hasn't got out of the mode of producing physical players. Its not a mystery why most of the big teams are full of foreigners and why England have an inferior national team.

Other than a small group of players, most players idolised in England are horribly overrated. Even the good ones are overrated because the English media is obsessed with promoting their players.

Fernando Llorente is about 3 times the player Andy Carrol is...

Total Horseshit.

Spanish football was an utter joke pre-2008. England were in fact much better than them in basically every single tournament both teams participated in pre-2008. Spain were known as chokers with little mentality..well same as England, but had it not been for mediocre penalty takers, England would have been very close to glory pre-2008. Spain were the same sack of sh*t who couldn't even make the Knock Out round of 1998 WC, was comfortably beaten by France in 2000, got raped by ref in Korea (but who didn't) and couldn't get outta his group in 2004 Euros,. and then yet another choke in Germany.

Spain started dominane in 2008, before that there was zero wankfest over Spanish players, their possession, and all the crap that comes with it.

Fernando Llorente, a 26 year old, who has played only a handful of EL games, with a few sub appearances for NT, has proved nothing, and I mean nothing to command a comment like "3 times a player as Carroll". It's jut the Anglo phobia of GoalLegacy. Not saying Carroll has proved anything in his career, but he is 4 years younger, and Llorente at age of 22 had 12 goals in 40 games for Atletico Bilbao. Much worse of a stat than Carroll's current one. The same way Mendieta was hailed as rich man's Scholes, or 2 YEARS AGO, People were talking of Raul Albiol and his greatness and I totally remember reading in former goal.com forums by A LOT of La Liga fans, that he'd be among top 3 CBs in the league.

Jog on with Anglo phobia and Spanish wankfest....Some of Spanish players (like Silva) are absolutely excellent and a joy to watch...but it doesn't make every single Spanish poop better than the English equivalent

Albiol an example. Llorente another, and Borja Valero as well. Gimme Joey Barton over Valero any day of the week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon 22 Aug 2011, 06:58

I actually thought Spain was good in 06 it's just that they came up against France. They performed better than England in Germany. England just got further.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Mon 22 Aug 2011, 07:02

:lol!: Who said anything about Mendieta ?

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 09:08

^^^^^
Remember reading that.

I met a guy during my time in rez, he was from Madrid...His name was Xavier Tamas...quite a good looking lad.

Then I met a dude on exchange from Birmingham...His name was Anthony Johnson....a decent lad with a very inspiring accent.

Guess which one I had more :coffee: with ....

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon 22 Aug 2011, 09:22

Sepi wrote:^^^^^
Remember reading that.

I met a guy during my time in rez, he was from Madrid...His name was Xavier Tamas...quite a good looking lad.

Then I met a dude on exchange from Birmingham...His name was Anthony Johnson....a decent lad with a very inspiring accent.

When did having coffee with you become the gold standard of interesting people?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Aug 2011, 09:27

kiranr wrote:
Sepi wrote:^^^^^
Remember reading that.

When did having coffee with you become the gold standard of interesting people?

Been a while mate. It's always a pleasure... Having a coffee, looking outside at the snow, talking about interesting stuff, have a bit of doughnut, talk more...another sip of coffee, talk again..make a joke, go Spanish, go English...take a piss in the washroom, make sarcastic comment about appearance of a girl, then drink more...and then realize you are late for your class.

Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon 22 Aug 2011, 09:29

Silva is class. The best player at Manc City imo, well arguably with Kun.

The Franchise wrote:Pool should of got Llorente instead of Carroll in my opinion.

Llorente has the same aerial advantages, actually more, but he is far better with the ball at his feet and even would cost less.

We actually tried to get Gomez instead of Llorente, but I'm happy with Andy.

Carroll may be finding it difficult at the moment, but so did Ian Rush for LFC when he first arrived. Kenny just wanted a British core and Andy is one of the best headers Keegan has ever seen. He's still quite young and can play for the club for a decade, rather than half a decade with a man that couldn't have settled in well.

Also doubt Bilbao would of sold Llorente for under 35m 2 hours to go with the transfer market about to end. :\
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon 22 Aug 2011, 09:33

Sepi wrote:

Been a while mate. It's always a pleasure... Having a coffee, looking outside at the snow, talking about interesting stuff, have a bit of doughnut, talk more...another sip of coffee, talk again..make a joke, go Spanish, go English...take a piss in the washroom, make sarcastic comment about appearance of a girl, then drink more...and then realize you are late for your class.

Suspect

Was never late for class. :coffee:
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next