Dnmac4
Ali
RealGunner
Jamin
juventus101
36 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

How highly do you rate David Silva? - Page 4 Empty Re: How highly do you rate David Silva?

Post by izzy Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:50 am

ynwa wrote:Sepi just killed Ade. Laughing

Who's Ade?

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate David Silva? - Page 4 Empty Re: How highly do you rate David Silva?

Post by Red Alert Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:54 am

izzy26 wrote:
ynwa wrote:Sepi just killed Ade. Laughing

Who's Ade?

I call Adit Ade. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:26 am

Sepi wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:
Sepi wrote:Player X is Spanish

Player Y is English

OMFGGGGGGGGGGG...................PLAYER X IS SURELY BETTER THAN PLAYER Y THOUGH !!! I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THEIR SEXY LAST NAMES !! SALSAGONES, CUMPDRES, CANDOMINGUEZ, GOUVARA, PINOCHE...COMPARED TO THOSE BORING BRITS LIKE CHICKEN, HUNT, JARVIS, HORN, BLAIR, CHURCHIL ETC

NO WONDER THEY ARE IN AN ECONOMIC CRISES !!!!!!

I don't think anyone does this... But you just have to look at the Spanish system and the players they're producing. England still hasn't got out of the mode of producing physical players. Its not a mystery why most of the big teams are full of foreigners and why England have an inferior national team.

Other than a small group of players, most players idolised in England are horribly overrated. Even the good ones are overrated because the English media is obsessed with promoting their players.

Fernando Llorente is about 3 times the player Andy Carrol is...

Total Horseshit.

Spanish football was an utter joke pre-2008. England were in fact much better than them in basically every single tournament both teams participated in pre-2008. Spain were known as chokers with little mentality..well same as England, but had it not been for mediocre penalty takers, England would have been very close to glory pre-2008. Spain were the same sack of sh*t who couldn't even make the Knock Out round of 1998 WC, was comfortably beaten by France in 2000, got raped by ref in Korea (but who didn't) and couldn't get outta his group in 2004 Euros,. and then yet another choke in Germany.

Spain started dominane in 2008, before that there was zero wankfest over Spanish players, their possession, and all the crap that comes with it.

Fernando Llorente, a 26 year old, who has played only a handful of EL games, with a few sub appearances for NT, has proved nothing, and I mean nothing to command a comment like "3 times a player as Carroll". It's jut the Anglo phobia of GoalLegacy. Not saying Carroll has proved anything in his career, but he is 4 years younger, and Llorente at age of 22 had 12 goals in 40 games for Atletico Bilbao. Much worse of a stat than Carroll's current one. The same way Mendieta was hailed as rich man's Scholes, or 2 YEARS AGO, People were talking of Raul Albiol and his greatness and I totally remember reading in former goal.com forums by A LOT of La Liga fans, that he'd be among top 3 CBs in the league.

Jog on with Anglo phobia and Spanish wankfest....Some of Spanish players (like Silva) are absolutely excellent and a joy to watch...but it doesn't make every single Spanish poop better than the English equivalent

Albiol an example. Llorente another, and Borja Valero as well. Gimme Joey Barton over Valero any day of the week.

Sorry, I was under the impression we were discussing the football of 2011... not 2008. My mistake. I'll disregard all that crap you say about 2008 then.

If you watch Bilbao you'd understand why Llorente doesn't score as many goals as he should. They aren't exactly a team that opens up and play free-flowing attack. I also wasn't talking about Llorente at 22. He's become the great player he is gradually... beginning about 3-4 years ago. His team doesn't score many goals and yet he's managed 1 every 2 games in the last 3 years. Since the WC he's been Spain's top scorer with a goal a game. If he moved to the EPL he'd be nothing but a success, the 2nd Fernando Torres (when he was good).

Not saying Carroll can't become a good EPL striker, but right now he's not in Llorente's league. 'Three times the player...', well I was using hyperbole, I don't think you're foreign to that Sepi.

Btw... agree about Borja Valero. He's overrated, the true engine of Villareal was Bruno and Cazorla.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:32 am

Sepi wrote:
Michel Salgado was considered a World Class RB in Spain.....He is the biggest joke/worst full back I ever remember in PL era as it stands. Just shows the difference of quality.

I'm not into these "league vs league" things. But just to say that when Salgado left Madrid he was already way past his best, usually was a sub at Madrid and one of the worst right backs in la Liga. Everyone in Spain was suprised he could get a job in the PL.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:34 am

free_cat wrote:
Sepi wrote:
Michel Salgado was considered a World Class RB in Spain.....He is the biggest joke/worst full back I ever remember in PL era as it stands. Just shows the difference of quality.

I'm not into these "league vs league" things. But just to say that when Salgado left Madrid he was already way past his best, usually was a sub at Madrid and one of the worst right backs in la Liga. Everyone in Spain was suprised he could get a job in the PL.

Yes the Salgado argument is like if Gary Neville came to La Liga for god's sake.

Btw... I'm not even into this debate about League vs League either... I just think you're underrating Llorente.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:21 am

And Bent also plays for teams always fighting relegation.Yet he scored more goals than Llorente in most seasons.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:38 am

I'd take him in Olympiacos any day :coffee:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:23 am

BeautifulGame wrote:And Bent also plays for teams always fighting relegation.Yet he scored more goals than Llorente in most seasons.

Shut up about Bent mate, I think he's a good player too. Easily England's 2nd best striker atm. We're talking about Carroll.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:24 am

Daniel Sturridge is a better player than Darren Bent.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:00 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:And Bent also plays for teams always fighting relegation.Yet he scored more goals than Llorente in most seasons.

Shut up about Bent mate, I think he's a good player too. Easily England's 2nd best striker atm. We're talking about Carroll.

So u agree Bent is better than Llorente?

No one is saying Carroll is better is better than Llorente now because Carroll is 22 whereas Llorente is already 27 and at his prime.Yet he has never scored 20 league goals a season in his career.Must be some player.Carroll has scored more PL in his first season than Llorente had done in his first 3 la liga seasons combined.So just shut up rather than being embarrassed by your ignorance.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:21 am

BeautifulGame wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:

No one is saying Carroll is better is better than Llorente now because Carroll is 22 whereas Llorente is already 27 and at his prime.Yet he has never scored 20 league goals a season in his career.Must be some player.Carroll has scored more PL in his first season than Llorente had done in his first 3 la liga seasons combined.So just shut up rather than being embarrassed by your ignorance.

I'm questioning why you ever brought up Darren Bent... I think he's a good player, surprised a big English club didn't try to get him. Comparing him with Llorente is a completely different matter.

In my opinion, if Llorente moved to one of the top EPL clubs he'd do fantastically. All I've been saying is that from the start. I've always believed the guy has the perfect game for the EPL, and he'd do better there than at Athletic Bilbao. However, he's very loyal to Bilbao so may never leave them. If he moved to the EPL, I think he'd truly be a goalscoring machine.

Really unsure why you have to be so damn hostile about this... Not allowed to praise a player I admire?

Anyway, let's stop this now. This is a David Silva thread, if it descends into more chaos, we'll have it locked.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:51 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
I'm questioning why you ever brought up Darren Bent... I think he's a good player, surprised a big English club didn't try to get him. Comparing him with Llorente is a completely different matter.

I bought Bent in the arguement because of ur ridiculous claim that most PL players are overrated.Bent has a superior goal scoring record compared to Llorente yet u dont see no PL fan claiming him as world class unlike La liga fans with most of their players.As Sepi said its laliga players who are overrated if anything not PL players.Llorente and Bent are perfect examples of that.

BarcaKizz wrote:
In my opinion, if Llorente moved to one of the top EPL clubs he'd do fantastically. All I've been saying is that from the start. I've always believed the guy has the perfect game for the EPL, and he'd do better there than at Athletic Bilbao. However, he's very loyal to Bilbao so may never leave them. If he moved to the EPL, I think he'd truly be a goalscoring machine.
Agreed.Not denying any of that.

BarcaKizz wrote:
Really unsure why you have to be so damn hostile about this... Not allowed to praise a player I admire?

Because of ur ridiculous assumption that comparison of Carroll and Llorente is a joke.Yes Llorente is the better striker atm but that doesnt make him 3 times the striker Carroll is as u claimed.Carroll was the leading scorer in the league before injured in december.

Llorente played for a EL team against easier defenses and scored 18 goals in 38 games.Carroll scored 13 goals in 28 games despite played for a promoted team most of his matches and interrupted by injury.And Carroll was playing in his first full season and Llorente in his 6 season.Hardly significant difference as u are trying to make.U are making out Llorente who have never scored 20 league goals in his career as if he is E'to or Ibra.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:39 am

BarcaKizz wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:

Anyway, let's stop this now. This is a David Silva thread, if it descends into more chaos, we'll have it locked.

because arry's wife can finish better than bent lol

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:57 am

Considering you're willing to discuss this in a more civil manner I'll reply to you.

BeautifulGame wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:

I bought Bent in the arguement because of ur ridiculous claim that most PL players are overrated.Bent has a superior goal scoring record compared to Llorente yet u dont see no PL fan claiming him as world class unlike La liga fans with most of their players.As Sepi said its laliga players who are overrated if anything not PL players.Llorente and Bent are perfect examples of that.

I understand. Firstly, I'll clarify that as Sepi was clearly joking around and exaggerating I was too. However, I still think many people would agree with me. I didn't say 'most English players'. I said England's idols, and I mentioned how the English media beefs up their team every year. It happens elsewhere, but generally England is regarded to have pretty bad media in this regard. Its popular knowledge they talk up their idols big time.

Darren Bent, I don't believe falls into this category at all. He's a good player... and probably suffers from all the other inferior players getting talked up so much. I think Ashley Young suffered this a bit too. The players I'm referring to are the likes of Becks and a good recent example: Gareth Bale. Good players, I've always liked Bale, and Beckham was great too watch, but there were better players than Beckham, but he was treated like a god. I think its unanimously agreed on here Bale is overrated by the media.

To finish, I'll just ask: why else do you think this idea of 'premfaces' began? No smoke without fire.

PS: Sorry if I've missed this as well... but since when do La Liga fans talk up La Liga players that much???? The only players that are actually discussed are very good players ... Mata, Llorente etc. or players from Barca/RM

BeautifulGame wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:

Because of ur ridiculous assumption that comparison of Carroll and Llorente is a joke.Yes Llorente is the better striker atm but that doesnt make him 3 times the striker Carroll is as u claimed.Carroll was the leading scorer in the league before injured in december.

Llorente played for a EL team against easier defenses and scored 18 goals in 38 games.Carroll scored 13 goals in 28 games despite played for a promoted team most of his matches and interrupted by injury.And Carroll was playing in his first full season and Llorente in his 6 season.Hardly significant difference as u are trying to make.U are making out Llorente who have never scored 20 league goals in his career as if he is E'to or Ibra.
[/quote]

I already mentioned earlier in the thread that I was using hyperbole here in response to Sepi. So you still have no reason to get worked up. You can compare Carroll to Llorente, but my opinion is Llorente is and probably will always be a better player. As I said, thats my opinion.

The difference for me is not purely measured on goals. The reason I think he'd be successful in the EPL isn't because I've looked up on wikipedia that he's scored x many goals, its based on the way he plays. At the moment, Llorente is better than Carroll in just about every way, and importantly, he's considerably better in quite a few ways. His technique, dribbling, general link up play, passing etc. is far superior. Andy can work at this, and I'm sure he can improve, but his technique just isn't as good right now. All I'm saying is, I thought a bid for Llorente would have been wiser.

I'll leave you with the question... How many times have you actually watched Athletic Bilbao??

And lol at 'easier defences'.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:59 am

BeautifulGame wrote:Llorente is such a great forward that Darren Bent has outscored him almost every season.If Llorente is world class then what does that make Bent? Legendary striker?

2009/10 Bent also outscored Villa, Forlan, Aguero, Ibra and Fabiano.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4