Adrian Mutu banned for life by Romania for night of drinking with West Brom's Gabriel Tamas

+11
Robespierre
Hapless_Hans
Vlad the Impaler
fatman123
JAY-Z
Sushi Master
andiii
7amood11
pUsHa
Art Morte
JuvenelCuore
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Adrian Mutu banned for life by Romania for night of drinking with West Brom's Gabriel Tamas Empty Adrian Mutu banned for life by Romania for night of drinking with West Brom's Gabriel Tamas

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Troubled striker Adrian Mutu has been expelled from the Romanian national team for life after spending a night drinking with a team-mate ahead of a friendly against San Marino, coach Victor Piturca said.

West Bromwich defender Gabriel Tamas, who was with the Cesena striker at the time, shared the same fate, Piturca said late Wednesday after Romania beat San Marino 1-0.

"The two players have been expelled for life from the national team", Piturca stressed.

"It's a pity but rules are strict and they should have known it," he added.

Local media said that Mutu and Tamas, who had been involved in drinking bouts before, had gone out partying on Monday evening despite strict orders from the coach.

"We understand Piturca's decision," Mutu said.

Miracle this guy is still playing football. How stupid does one have to be to do this ... AGAIN ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Adrian Mutu banned for life by Romania for night of drinking with West Brom's Gabriel Tamas Empty Re: Adrian Mutu banned for life by Romania for night of drinking with West Brom's Gabriel Tamas

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Wasn't Mutu ordered to pay some huge sum to Chelsea?
I wonder how he's doing with that.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Adrian Mutu banned for life by Romania for night of drinking with West Brom's Gabriel Tamas Empty Re: Adrian Mutu banned for life by Romania for night of drinking with West Brom's Gabriel Tamas

Post by JuvenelCuore Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:44 pm

Art Morte wrote:Wasn't Mutu ordered to pay some huge sum to Chelsea?

I never heard of that, but why was he forced to pay a sum ? I highly doubt he paid it anyhow, probably binged it all on that night of drinking.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Stupid Romanians ... he can drug himself 10 times a day and he's still their best player without whom they cant play good at least ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:08 pm

pUsHa wrote:Stupid Romanians ... he can drug himself 10 times a day and he's still their best player without whom they cant play good at least ...

Really man? Since when did Mutu represent every Romanian? Show some respect please.

On topic, I can't say I feel for Mutu. Tested positive for cocaine while with Chelsea, received a 12m fine for that which hasn't been payed back yet, and now this. He used to be a great player, now he's reduced to almost nothing, a pitiful sight.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:08 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

I never heard of that, but why was he forced to pay a sum ? I highly doubt he paid it anyhow, probably binged it all on that night of drinking.

because chelsea paid a large transfer fee for him and lost a lot of money on him because of his drug trouble or whatever it was.

but both chelsea and mutu were wrong...

chelsea fired him then wanted him to pay all his transfer fee, which was wrong. what they should have done was not fire him but sell him to the highest bidder then have him pay the difference in money that they lost. instead they let him go for free which was the wrong move (i think they partly did it out of principle, and having to still pay his wages perhaps)

Last edited by andiii on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:10 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:

"On 7 May 2008, FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber ordered Mutu to pay €17,173,990 in compensation to his former club, Chelsea FC, for breach of contract."

This is what I recalled. He failed a drug test for cocaine in September 2004.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:12 pm

There's no way he is paying that transfer fee, he doesn't even have enough money to do it. It was totally an asshole move on behalf of Chelsea and I doubt he's ever paying it. It'll be like Maradona's Italian taxes.

Mutu is a grade 1 asshole... although in all honesty he's playing against San Marino.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:13 pm

7amood11 wrote:
pUsHa wrote:Stupid Romanians ... he can drug himself 10 times a day and he's still their best player without whom they cant play good at least ...

Really man? Since when did Mutu represent every Romanian? Show some respect please.

I was talking about those who made this decision :coffee:
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:16 pm

He has never grown up.Shame, great talent.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:12 am

[quote="Art Morte"]Wasn't Mutu ordered to pay some huge sum to Chelsea?
I wonder how he's doing with that.[/quote

he rekon he cant afford to pay us
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:59 pm

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11515601/chelsea-still-seeking-163-15m-from-mutu

Still sad as a Romanian that this guy bottled the chance to win as Drogba’s striking partner EPL titles and play UCL final in 2008 if he stayed professional. I wonder what’s next for him now, after all these years he now can’t avoid this situation anymore. Last time I checked he had a wealth of aprox. 10 mil euros. He’s pretty much facked up.

Still a legend for Fiorentina though.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:28 pm

Honestly, it's surprising just how few professional footballers end up developing a coke habit considering how much money and attention is thrown at them so early in their life
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:59 pm

I remember his debut , It was under us, Coppa Italia derby won for 2-3 and he scored.

I rated him very highly but well he was just a Fiorentina legend because od his brain.
The talent was real, he should have reached a Hazard-esque level
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:19 pm

Vlad the Impaler wrote:https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11515601/chelsea-still-seeking-163-15m-from-mutu

Still sad as a Romanian that this guy bottled the chance to win as Drogba’s striking partner EPL titles and play UCL final in 2008 if he stayed professional. I wonder what’s next for him now, after all these years he now can’t avoid this situation anymore. Last time I checked he had a wealth of aprox. 10 mil euros. He’s pretty much facked up.

Still a legend for Fiorentina though.

God knows what kind of businesses he's running taking into consideration the people he lurks with. He must have much more money from illegal stuff.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:42 pm

My Latin brothers will remember this great team in Euro 2000 :bow:
Adrian Mutu banned for life by Romania for night of drinking with West Brom's Gabriel Tamas Screenshot_20181003_174028
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:16 pm

*bleep* Christian Chivu with his stupid *bleep* helmet Mad Mad Mad
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Time is a flat circle
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:*bleep* Christian Chivu with his stupid *bleep* helmet Mad Mad Mad

Proud Ffs he faced prime Robben in that famous match
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:43 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:*bleep* Christian Chivu with his stupid *bleep* helmet Mad Mad Mad

Proud Ffs he controlled prime Robben in that famous match

My pleasure Proud
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:47 pm

Robespierre wrote:My Latin brothers will remember this great team in Euro 2000 :bow:
Adrian Mutu banned for life by Romania for night of drinking with West Brom's Gabriel Tamas Screenshot_20181003_174028

Fecking Ganea, guy had the balls of the size of a VW Amarok. Everyone was scared stiff to take dat penalty and you've got the gipsy tell them to feck off and he blasted it. The TV coverage of that was crazy iirc
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:52 pm

Robespierre wrote:

Proud Ffs he faced prime Robben in that famous match

The match I can't get over is NOT the one you think of
It's actually the one the season after

Remember Chivu with his stupid helmet laughing incredulously in his post match interview as even he knew Inter should never ever have progressed
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:31 am

Haplessly full of it.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:44 am

wasted talent, i'm surprised he was still being called up by romania. him and adriano were beasts at parma
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next