RedOranje
mr-r34
36 posters

Page 17 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next

Go down

Our Squad - Page 17 Empty Re: Our Squad

Post by RedOranje Tue May 28, 2013 9:42 pm

Favoritism? That's a bloody laugh.

Agger wasn't the physically dominant force that Skrtel was last season, nor was he our Player of the Season. That's why his issues with physical forwards like Benteke don't equal the same type of regression as they do for Skrtel. He also didn't have issues against the likes of Oldham's strikers, or make the same mistakes like Skrtel's back-pass against City (one which was amazing nowhere to be seen in the player ratings while Reina's mistakes apparently cost us Europe... favoritism?).

The defensive set-up and other issues, are as I already stated, other circumstances that can be discussed but to not change the fact that Skrtel had a poorer season performance-wise than last, i.e. regressed.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue May 28, 2013 9:53 pm

He did have a poorer season, that does not mean he's regressed as a player though.

Again with this Oldham game. lol
You could of played T. Silva ffs. He would of looked like an average scrub too. Skrtel had to cover Coates, Robinson and Wisdom that day. And then you had Brad Jones in goal. He can't even command the box ffs... not too mention there was no link between defence and the midfield. Regardless of that, he got dropped after the Man Utd game where he was our best defender. I'd rather he performs against the top teams than against average teams where he's surrounded by kids / inexperience.

Again, he had one poor back pass against City. I asked for another example. You did say suicide passES after all. One poor pass against City does not mean he did it on a regular basis. It was a one off. It was a mistake, yes. It did cost us 2 points at the end of the day, yes. Mistakes do happen. But he didn't make mistakes on a regular basis and he's apparently seen on the same level of Soto ffs.

And Reina had atleast 6 different mistakes on his own this season alone. And he's been average for 3-4 seasons now. He's simply not the same keeper he used to be. He was one of my favourite players after Gerrard, Sami and Mascherano when Rafa was still here. (More so than Torres, Alonso, Carra etc.) He's just simply not the same player he used to be though and 6 mistakes FROM A KEEPER is ridiculous.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:42 am

BR wrote:Rodgers told Liverpoolfc.com: "It was a year ago when I came into the club and he came away with us on pre-season as a reserve/youth-team player and his enthusiasm, quality and tenacity really hit me.

"He ended up starting the season after the West Brom game and for the first six months, he was sensational. He ended up getting a full England cap, which shows you the impact he made at 17 years of age. He went on to make over 30 appearances.

"Towards the end of the season, there was a natural drop-off purely because of the youthfulness of him and also because of the pressure of playing for Liverpool and at the very top end of the game.

"I took him out of that, he had a little injury at the end of the season as well, but I wanted to protect him and make sure he doesn't have too many miles on the clock too early.

"He's come back refreshed, he did work over the course of pre-season and was back and forward from his holidays into Melwood preparing himself well.

"He's now re-joined the group and I've got to say, I thought he was outstanding the other night.

"He looks so fit, he looks sharp, he looks better than what he was last summer when I came in, and I think he'll play a big part for us again this season.

"At 18 years of age, he has so much potential.

"If we nurture that well and he can retain his focus and mentality, he can be a big talent for Liverpool. I've been pleased with what I've seen from him so far."

Cant wait to see the 18 old year starting ahead of downing, specially against weaker sides and earning us those wins!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:40 am

I still see Aspas as Downing's replacement.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:28 am

Doesn't matter Sterling is still going to be a huge player for us. Last season was debut season in the top flight so he naturally made stupid decisions, however you could already see this preseason he's improved ten folds from last season. He'll definitely score much more than 2 goals this term and helps us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:02 pm

He still did very well for us last year.

He got 7 assists in the PL alone; that was the highest of any Liverpool player before Rodgers decided to ground him / he struggled with an injury.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:47 am

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/new-centre-back-dont-need-one-5373203?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Really interesting read on BR's stance on our Center Backs.

Thumbs up 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:23 pm

I have to say I disagree with Rodgers on this one. Coming into the summer 2 new CBs was really a requirement and we've failed to meet that.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:51 pm

Not getting another CB would be awful. It'll cost us.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:05 pm

What happened to three CBs? rofl
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:42 pm

I wonder will it be a Skrtel--Agger partnership with Toure on the bench or Toure--Agger with Skrtel on the bench. hmm
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:56 pm

Reading Rodgers' comments makes me think Toure will be ahead of Skrtel in the depth charts and will therefor be Agger's most common partner.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:15 pm

Somehow I am not so worried about CB situation, probably there is no reason but I see skrtel and toure can get the job does for us partnering Agger. Wisdom will be trumph card for BR, I would fearlessly play him in CB position in cup matches. If he does good, we can start him in the league of others are not performing, he seems to have bright future with us.
i want to see Wisdom in the center 1 or 2 matches more and there will be more assurance of what I am saying

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:46 pm

No chance of us finishing top 4 with Kolo Toure as a starting CB. silent 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:58 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:What happened to three CBs? rofl

The window is not shut yet :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:46 pm

One ended up not recovering from injury and costing far more than expected while the other got caught up in agent/club fights. The club WAS actively pursuing three CBs irrespective of the others at the beginning of the window and up until earlier this month, but if it helps you feel smug and self-righteous to ignore than and hand out "I Told You So"s as the club misses out on key targets then go right ahead.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:12 am

RedOranje wrote:
One ended up not recovering from injury and costing far more than expected while the other got caught up in agent/club fights.  The club WAS actively pursuing three CBs irrespective of the others at the beginning of the window and up until earlier this month, but if it helps you feel smug and self-righteous to ignore than and hand out "I Told You So"s as the club misses out on key targets then go right ahead.

In a recent article/video James Pearce said we are still after Ilori. . .
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:43 am

RedOranje wrote:
One ended up not recovering from injury and costing far more than expected while the other got caught up in agent/club fights.  The club WAS actively pursuing three CBs irrespective of the others at the beginning of the window and up until earlier this month, but if it helps you feel smug and self-righteous to ignore than and hand out "I Told You So"s as the club misses out on key targets then go right ahead.
Lol, I know we need some decent CBs but buying 2-3 of them at the same time is not good for the defense. Obviously BR knows this. So I would wait until January maybe if we need another one, depending upon on how Toure/Kelly/Wisdom turn out.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:06 pm

are squad not bad us people are make it out to be that also mean Rodgers as well, yes there gap's what been there before last Season & still there now come into Season, have 3 transfers window fill those gaps in my opinion same old story for Liverpool past 20 odd year's we close but not close enough

Goalkeeper- back up, a lot people don't worry about have any good enough as cover, like out field players need competition, i think so do GK, in my opinion Jones is the worst GK i have seen play for Liverpool, how a player who could get in a Middlesbrough team seen as competition let good enough, watch Jones going for cross or close down players he just close his eyes, or that can hardy move for the ball

Right back- people will say we got Kelly & Wisdom both are centre-back's & both play like that when fill in, Kelly body is  not fit for all those long runs, it hurt his body that why in my opinion he get all there  injury's, Flanagan does not look he go to make here, McLaughlin is to young & need to be loan out

Centre back- only miss a top 1st team player Agger,Touré,Kelly & send Wisdom out on loan for game time

Central midfield- Gerrard, Lucas &  one other for 1st team does not look to bad, but look at Allen can he realy push on to be 1st team player for Liverpool, i don't see it & other young midfield out there who would be push dam hard to get in 1st team,

Henderson i like a lot the type of player who will give 100% every game & someone very good for squad, Alberto was his best position if end up been Central midfield, then Allen got be sold so get someone much better

Right Winger ( or what fans like call it now days),

the hype around Jordon Ibe is way over the top, yes he could be a top player but to early for him just yet ( p.s i said before Ibe was call up for 1st team last year watch him U18 &  Reserves he could end been better than Sterling)

Downing as back up not sold on that but be to much buy 2 winger's,

now could some how buy at lest 3 out 6 place in the squad & wait to jan to fill rest of gap's i be happy
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:19 am

Welcome to the forum Vegfootball. Great to have another LFC fan :bow:

I agree that our squad isn't as bad as people think. We have been underperforming imo in the past 2 years. It could all come together this season though we just need to strengthen the starting XI in the right places.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:19 am

vegfootball, interesting name hmm
also welcome to the forum, hope to see lot of posts from you in the coming season!!
too lazy to read your long post in office now , Razz

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:28 am

McAgger wrote:Welcome to the forum Vegfootball. Great to have another LFC fan :bow:

I agree that our squad isn't as bad as people think. We have been underperforming imo in the past 2 years. It could all come together this season though we just need to strengthen the starting XI in the right places.

Thank you McAgger for a warm welcome,

1st team

---------------------Mignolet------------
Glen-------------CB----------Agger-------------Enrique---
---------------------Lucas---------
-----------------CM--------Gerrard------
RW-----------------Sturridge-------------------Coutinho---

2nd team

------------------GK---------
RB---------Kelly--------Touré-------Melgarejo
-----------------Allen----
----------Jordan-------Alberto---
Stewart---------Aspas----------------Sterling-

Wisdom send out on a loan & a win win situation with the club, Kelly does not work out this season we sale for a profit, Wisdom does not work out this season we sale for a profit, Touré does not work out this season w young players to fill what cost the club 0

the Big ?? over player would still be Allen & Borini, get a left back as cover, then like you said buy starting XI players, then wait till jan to add a few more squad
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:32 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:vegfootball, interesting name hmm
also welcome to the forum, hope to see lot of posts from you in the coming season!!
too lazy to read your long post in office now , Razz

Thank you for welcome, as for the name, been a Liverpool fan about the age of 7 & love football all over, & i have veg for about 30+ so thought the 2 would go together, sorry for a long post.
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:47 am

I agree with veg, We might be the culprits for Kelly's injuries, Maybe his body isnt made to run continuously up and down the wings, Like he said he got injured due to lack of balance.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:55 am

Welcome veg. :bow:

Disagree with some parts. I rate Kelly highly. He's great depth for Glen Johnson. We all saw how GJ did in the second half of the season when he suffered from fatigue.

Downing should be sold.

And you need Suarez in your team.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by vegfootball Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:04 am

something-red wrote:Welcome veg. :bow:

Disagree with some parts. I rate Kelly highly. He's great depth for Glen Johnson. We all saw how GJ did in the second half of the season when he suffered from fatigue.

Downing should be sold.

And you need Suarez in your team.

Thank you,

i to like rate Kelly highly but look at body as some people are not built to a runner & the way he run's, his running technique is not of a runner he take long strides than doing  running technique, it look like his over stretching all the time when running, that sure can be good for the body

as for Suarez, not sure if he stay & the fact we look to buy Diego Costa could mean that Suarez could be sold
vegfootball
vegfootball
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 42 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 42  Next