BeautifulGame
RedOranje
mr-r34
36 posters

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

Go down

Our Squad - Page 32 Empty Re: Our Squad

Post by mr-r34 Sun May 03, 2015 9:55 am

Them stats would look so good with 2 quality strikers, FML.

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun May 03, 2015 9:59 am

Sterling being the highest goal scorer really sums up our awfulness precisely Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu May 07, 2015 11:41 am

What Liverpool always did even from when Ronnie Whelan and Ian Rush were young was they got rid of one or two old ones, they brought one or two young ones in but they kept the core and then after the young Ian Rush and Ronnie Whelan became more experienced they got rid of the older ones and others came through. Whereas if you’re going to get rid of six or seven experienced players and bring six or seven young players in was never really going to work, particularly as the age they were they still had two or three years left, you know you think about Peter Beardsley when he went to Everton, we are talking about players who were maybe thirty-one and thirty-two. Now you can slowly keep faith with them until they get to thirty-four/thirty-five then bring the youngsters in. But to get rid of Peter when he was thirty/thirty-one … I was twenty-eight, Ronnie Whelan would have been thirty, Ian Rush would have been thirty, Steve McMahon would have been twenty-nine, so I think that what Souness tried to do was change it too soon.

http://www.lfchistory.net/Articles/Article/3765

From a John Barnes interview.

Still relevant today. 25 years later...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri May 08, 2015 11:18 am

that is why I always cry that we need to keep the existing starting XI players for the next season, no matter what !

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat May 09, 2015 9:43 am

Lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 17, 2015 3:41 am

We're *bleep*.

Sakho is the only one in this squad with leadership / a winning mentality.

The rest are kids that lack bottle / are cowards / bunch of players with Downing syndrome / mentality.

Lead by Sir Brendan and his future pupils, Liverpool will not be making top 4 next season.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun May 17, 2015 3:47 am

This squad can go places if it is allowed to grow together. Unless FSG is willing to inject big money for single, already top end players it's good to keep them together and build squad unity then fill holes with experience. There's certainly enough potential to have a top end squad going forward.

Top 4 is definitely attainable next season with the acquisition of a seasoned forward and midfielder that can both provide goals. Of that I am pretty confident. If our scoring isn't addressed we're going to have a tough run out no matter how staunch our defence is.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 17, 2015 3:54 am

Over who?

Everyone in the top 4 is already better than us. Everyone in the top 4 will continue to progress / improve.

We on the other hand will continue shoot ourselves in the leg supporting an inadequate fool that thinks he's going places.

Has literally no tactical awareness at all, no idea on how to make a side, no idea on how to win. The sooner he leaves the sooner the "rebuilding" stage starts.

Also potential potential potential. We've buying potential since 2010. It hasn't worked. We don't have a good enough manager like Wenger that will get potential to a top 4 finish. We have Brendan Rodgers ffs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun May 17, 2015 4:50 am

No idea how to win yet got us to 2nd just last season? This is a rebuild. Just because we tasted success early on doesn't change that. I don't think you understand the idea of scope. We lost Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge this season. Take away Cesc, Costa and Hazard from Chelsea and where would they be?

Rodgers and the committee relied too much on Sturridge and hoped for the young players to take big steps this season, and probably didn't expect Gerrard to fall off a cliff performance wise. They definitely made mistakes in that regard, but they also brought in some good talents and deserve another summer to make it right.

Rodgers has already shown he can win and set the side up for success if he has even only one elite player. I have faith he can do it again.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun May 17, 2015 5:14 am

You can't say the same shit 1,000 times if it's been rebuttled every single time. I've mentioned 1,000 times why we finished 2nd last season, it's not my fault you refuse to accept the fact that the person you idolise is in fact, a "pleb". Also it's ironic how it was all his work last season (funny how its the players fault now he's not done so well).

Chelsea title challenged last season with Eto'o and Torres as their strikers lmao. Also Chelsea wouldn't crumble. Not under Mourinho they wouldn't. They also IMPROVED their squad in the summer, we opted to go for depth.

Look at this way, we essentially lost one player last season in Luis. Atletico Madrid have lost a key player every season. They still challenge arguably the two best sides in the world. We play play in a very poor English era. Dortmund lost key players too, well, before they fell apart after this season (where they actually WON before they crumbled). United lost several key players under SAF and still always title challenged. Look at this season, Southampton lost their manager, and half lost their team and sit ONE game behind us this season. It all comes down to management, We've essentially turned into a laughing stock ala Tottenham. Literally have the same ambition / same mentality as they do nowadays.

They've made enough mistakes, how on Earth do they deserve ANOTHER summer? Open your eyes dude. Accept the fact that you could be wrong from time to time. Rodgers has failed as a Liverpool manager. It's as simple as that. He's had 3 years of rebuilding, what has HE done to show he deserves a 4th? We're going to fall behind the rest of the competition. It's a new era. We can't afford to drop off if we're serious about winning the league any time soon.

What exactly has he won? Who exactly has he shown he could win?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun May 17, 2015 6:25 am

El Cujo wrote:This squad can go places if it is allowed to grow together. Unless FSG is willing to inject big money for single, already top end players it's good to keep them together and build squad unity then fill holes with experience. There's certainly enough potential to have a top end squad going forward.

Top 4 is definitely attainable next season with the acquisition of a seasoned forward and midfielder that can both provide goals. Of that I am pretty confident. If our scoring isn't addressed we're going to have a tough run out no matter how staunch our defence is.
How??? Unless we (re)establish ourselves are a top team, which mean regular CL qualification at the very least, players who will develop into top players will leave. Whoever will stay, will stay for the simple reason that they aren't good enough for top teams. This isn't Portuguese or French League where you can ensure CL with a squad of young, talented players.

EPL is perhaps the most brutal manifestation of commercialization of Sports where you need generous input of established players.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:12 am

Apparently our first-team coach Marsh has been fired. Has a bit of scapegoat kind of a feel to it. Anyway, hopefully whoever is his replacement will be a great coach.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:48 am

instead of making a f scapegoat, just buy a damn striker, a decent one Mad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Now the rumors are that Pascoe would be let go too Asst. Manager Pascoe :coffee:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:26 pm

Which of these players do you consider as confirmed starters:

Mignolet
Manquillo
Moreno
Wisdom
Skrtel
Sakho

Lovren
Ilori
Lucas
Allen
Emre
Milner
Henderson
Lallana
Coutinho

Markovic
Ibe
Origi

My choices are in bold.

I have omitted some players for obvious reasons.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:05 pm

^ The same as yours expect for Lallana and Ibe. Not sure about Emre, I don't want him to be play in defense next season, but have to see more of him in midfield first before I'd say he's a sure starter.

I don't mean to compare these two by a simple stat as this one, just want to highlight that, imo, we should seriously consider having Coates in the squad:

Our Squad - Page 32 CGaC8AqWoAA8Ecs
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:31 pm

I like Coates. He could be nice to keep around because he's young and still has growing to do. But it's a bit different obviously given the teams played for.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:48 pm

We gave up too early on Coates. Going by wikipedia, he's only had 12 PL apps for us and 12 cup apps - and that's when he was still only 22-yo.

He had an impressive stint late on this season when Advocaat started playing him. He could yet turn out to be a good center-back and it's a shame if we don't give him a second chance.

I don't even know has he got anything left in his contract, it's four years since we signed him.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:14 pm

He hoofs like shite.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:20 pm

iftikhar wrote:Which of these players do you consider as confirmed starters:

Mignolet
Manquillo
Moreno
Wisdom
Skrtel
Sakho

Lovren
Ilori
Lucas
Allen
Emre
Milner
Henderson
Lallana
Coutinho

Markovic
Ibe
Origi

My choices are in bold.

I have omitted some players for obvious reasons.

We've given up that badly on DS, what a *bleep* shame can't believe it's come this this.

I look at that team and see the choices in bold and see why RA is such a pessimist, or maybe he isnt and were just *bleep* looneys.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:44 pm

r34 wrote:We've given up that badly on DS, what a *bleep* shame can't believe it's come this this.
I have omitted Sturridge and Flanagan since they will be unavailable for sometime into the next season.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:58 am

Our Squad - Page 32 HApteOx

If we weren't a selling club. What could have been.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:04 am

Torres
Suarez Gerrard Kuyt
Mascherano Alonso

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: