Post by Albiceleste Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:58 am

La Liga: Real Sociedad vs Barcelona  33ndd9g

Predictions, lineups, discussion

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

La Liga: Real Sociedad vs Barcelona  Empty Re: La Liga: Real Sociedad vs Barcelona

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:12 am

Already bought tickets for this.

As usual the Anoeta will make the camp nou look like a jail cell. Smile
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

La Liga: Real Sociedad vs Barcelona  Empty Re: La Liga: Real Sociedad vs Barcelona

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:47 am

You live in Donosti??

What do you mean about making Camp nou look like a jail cell?

Anoeta is usually friendly to Barça.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:26 am

free_cat wrote:You live in Donosti??

What do you mean about making Camp nou look like a jail cell?

Anoeta is usually friendly to Barça.

I didn't really get what you meant either Arq... I'm guessing he's trying to say that the Anoeta is a nicer, more open stadium, and friendly. Whereas Camp Nou and San Mames are much closer up, and hostile Twisted Evil

Arq I still haven't worked out if you support Soceidad or Bilbao?? Why don't you follow them more instead of Liverpool or AC Milan?
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 am

Oh dear.. Sorry I'll clear it up.

I mentioned earlier in the forums that I grew up in Brescia Lombardia, Italia to a Milan supporting family of my maternal side. My father was basque and despite us living in Italia, he always made me watch the Liga and especially taught me to retain my Basque identity, philosophy and knowledge within my residence in Brescia.

So, when I was 7-8, I moved to San sebastian and resided with my Real Sociedad supporting paternal family.

Difference is, my dad taught me in the way that I support anything Basque, as in I support the Basque football, philosophy and its progress as it was further seared into me during my youth system training in football I took for most of my life there.

So therefore, despite the rivalry of the 2 teams, I myself only hope for the progress of both teams so that Basque football its way and philosophy, teams and its status can progress and be further recognized.

It would be like if Free Cat moved to his native catalunya at a young age but thought to support Catalan football in general and not a specific team despite their respective rivalries.

It may seem foreign to some, but supporting the idea and philosophy transcends the idea of supporting a specific basque team, although much to the ridicule of my family.

Therefore, I closely monitor and give my support to Sociedad but also to Bilbao solely for the progress of our football.

Like how English support their teams in the CL.

For the record I am only in Donostia in the summers as all throughout the whole year I study in Bilbao in university of basque country.

And Liverpool? This was always something that I caught onto myself that no other family member of mine supports as this was around the time I moved to Espana as I grew to love Liverpool when EPL was broadcasted in Italia.

Also much to the ridicule to my family.

Oh yes, and my comment about the jail cell.

I meant simply that the Anoeta will make nou camp look like a quiet place as a jail cell is relatively quiet. I think....lol

Just emphasizing the atmosphere there.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:50 am

Would only to to guess the line up once I see who is in the squad.

What I am thinking about is how poor we usually are after International games, I wonder if with a stronger squad this season that will continue.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:00 am

carlos vela :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:26 am

Hopefully Sociedad can get a draw. Sociedad winning would be an unrealistic wishful thinking.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:44 am

If Mascherano plays in this game he will play his 50 official game for Barca Smile We always play bad after international break, maybe this time will be exception of the rule? I'm looking for rotation before CL game, one of Holy Trinity will be on the bench IMO. Puyol, Pique, Maxwell, Adriano and Afellay are doubtful for this game, no news on their recovery, or maybe there is some news but I can't find it because barcastuff retired Sad
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:48 am

Arquitecto wrote:Oh dear.. Sorry I'll clear it up.

I mentioned earlier in the forums that I grew up in Brescia Lombardia, Italia to a Milan supporting family of my maternal side. My father was basque and despite us living in Italia, he always made me watch the Liga and especially taught me to retain my Basque identity, philosophy and knowledge within my residence in Brescia.

So, when I was 7-8, I moved to San sebastian and resided with my Real Sociedad supporting paternal family.

Difference is, my dad taught me in the way that I support anything Basque, as in I support the Basque football, philosophy and its progress as it was further seared into me during my youth system training in football I took for most of my life there.

So therefore, despite the rivalry of the 2 teams, I myself only hope for the progress of both teams so that Basque football its way and philosophy, teams and its status can progress and be further recognized.

It would be like if Free Cat moved to his native catalunya at a young age but thought to support Catalan football in general and not a specific team despite their respective rivalries.

It may seem foreign to some, but supporting the idea and philosophy transcends the idea of supporting a specific basque team, although much to the ridicule of my family.

Therefore, I closely monitor and give my support to Sociedad but also to Bilbao solely for the progress of our football.

Like how English support their teams in the CL.

For the record I am only in Donostia in the summers as all throughout the whole year I study in Bilbao in university of basque country.

And Liverpool? This was always something that I caught onto myself that no other family member of mine supports as this was around the time I moved to Espana as I grew to love Liverpool when EPL was broadcasted in Italia.

Also much to the ridicule to my family.

Oh yes, and my comment about the jail cell.

I meant simply that the Anoeta will make nou camp look like a quiet place as a jail cell is relatively quiet. I think....lol

Just emphasizing the atmosphere there.

Thanks Arq.

IMO Fontas should play this game. Its a difficult away game, but we should be beating Soceidad. Abidal hasn't been amazing at centreback and we're missing both our backup fullbacks.

Alves - Mascherano - Fontas - Abidal
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:19 am

~ Stats ~

League (Week 02): Sat 10 Sep
R.Sociedad vs FC Barcelona @ 6PM Barcelona Time!

- Barca scored 249 goals (86 away goals) & conceeded 126 goals (91 away goals)
- Barca played 128 League matches vs Real Sociedad (71W 29D 28L ) including 64 Away matches ( 17W 22D 25 L)

===================

~Biggest win~

` Season 1950/1951 (Week 1):
Barcelona 8 - 2 Real Sociedad

Goals: Barca All Time Topscorer: Cesar Rodriguez with 235 goals)
scored 4 Goals in this match (14', 26', 61'(pen),89'), Basaba 4', Basora 15' & 80', Simatoc 85'!!

----------------------

~Biggest Away win~

`Season 2000/2001 (Week 5)
Real Sociedad 0 - 6 FC Barcelona
-Goals scored by:
Rivaldo (2' & 30' /pen), Alfonso (16' & 19') Luis Enrique 36', Simao 40'

---------------------

~Barca also won twice with same result but @ home~

`Season 1947/1948 (Week 20)
FC Barcelona 6 - 0 Real Sociedad

`1953/1954 (Week 16)
FC Barcelona 6 - 0 Real Sociedad

La Liga STATS "Details" (2011/2012): https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t6061-barca-stats-2011-2012
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:55 am

Players/Team STATS vs Real Sociedad:

- Lionel Messi played 3 matches vs Real Sociedad scored 2 Goals & made 1 Assist

- David Villa played 7 matches vs Real Sociedad scoring 5 goals

- Last 10 matches between Barca & Real Sociedad [7W 2D 1 L] including 5 Away matches [2W 2D 1L]

- Valdes played 9 matches gainst Real Sociedad conceeding 4 Goals (7 cleansheets, 8W 1D 0L) [including a 3-3 away draw in 2003/2004]

[@khaledbarcelona]
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:52 am

sagnik92 wrote:Puyol, Maxwell, Afellay, and Adriano all cleared to play

Josep Guardiola has recovered four of the five injured players from his squad ahead of Saturday’s League match at Anoeta against Real Sociedad.

Good news for FC Barcelona, as they will play 7 matches over the next 23 days, with practically the whole team available for the coach. This Friday Puyol, Afellay, Maxwell, and Adriano have all received their medical clearance to play. All four are part of the list of 20 players that will travel to San Sebastian to dispute the 3rd matchday of the Liga season against Real Sociedad.

Of the four players now with medical clearance, Carles Puyol has spent the longest time out. The last game that featured the Captain was the Champions League final at Wembley in the month of May. For their parts, Afellay and Maxwell were injured during the tour of the United States over the summer. And finally Adriano returns to the team after two weeks of recovering from an injury picked up during the European Super Cup.

The only absence from the group traveling for the match in Anoeta is Gerard Pique, injured, and this Friday he could be seen on the grass of the pitch working outside the group. The defender completed exercises alongside the recovering Marc Muniesa, from Barça B.

The preparatory session on Friday, the last before the League match, included the participation of Ivan Balliu and Isaac Cuenca from the B team.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:57 am

Great News Very Happy Finally Puyol is Back Very Happy
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:33 am

`Barca Squad called for this match:

`GKs: Valdes, Pinto
`Defenders: Puyol, Masch, Fontas, Abidal, Maxwell, Adriano, Alves
`Midfielders: Xavi, Iniesta, Thiago, Fabregas, Busquets, Kieta
`Forwards: Messi, Villa, Sanchez, Pedro, Afellay

So what is your Line-up Predictions? Do u think Puyol will be in the starting lineup?
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:59 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:`Barca Squad called for this match:

So what is your Line-up Predictions? Do u think Puyol will be in the starting lineup?

Thats some great news Very Happy Predicting the line-up for this one is gonna be tough. It really depends on the condition of the players and how exhasted they are after the international games. I think Xavi should be rested for this one along with david villa. Thiago should play the whole 90. I think Puyol should play at least 60 min to get some match fitness ahead of the Milan game. It might be:

Valdes
Alves-Puyol-Masch-Abidal
Iniesta/Fab-Busi-Thiago
Sanches-Messi-Pedro/Iniesta
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Khaledbarca wrote:`Barca Squad called for this match:

Valdes - Alves - Mascherano - Abidal - Adriano - Cesc - Keita - Iniesta - Sanchez - Messi - Villa

Fontas and one of Maxwell/Afellay won't make final 18 players match squad.

I'm not sure that this will be the line-up, but I'm expecting one of Holy Trinity to be on the bench. Only thing that I'm sure is that Keita will start. Pep loves him and always starts him in the matches after international break.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:06 pm

I am going with

Dani Alves-Mascherano-Pique-Abidal
Busquets- Xavi-Cesc
Sanchez-Messi-Villa

Puyol to see action towards the end if the game allows for it.

Adriano likewise.

One of Thiago and Pedro wont play, likely Thiago.

My guess.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:19 pm

The Franchise wrote:I am going with

Busquets- Xavi-Cesc
Sanchez-Messi-Villa

Adriano likewise.

My guess.

Pique is still injured Dani, also Cesc over Iniesta.... any reasons why?

Anyway my line up.....

Valdes
Alves Mascherano Abidal Adriano
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Sanchez Messi Villa
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:28 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I am going with

Busquets- Xavi-Cesc
Sanchez-Messi-Villa

Adriano likewise.

My guess.

Pique is still injured Dani, also Cesc over Iniesta.... any reasons why?

Anyway my line up.....

Valdes
Alves Mascherano Abidal Adriano
Busquets
Xavi Iniesta
Sanchez Messi Villa

Careless of me, thought he was back.

Then yes, the back four the same as yours.

Cesc over Iniesta? No reason in my mind, just guessing what Pep will do.

He gave Xavi a rest last game, now perhaps its Iniesta's turn. Just guessing really, no reason at all. You know if it was me I wouldnt opt to start Cesc lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Oh right, you might be right tbh as it seems alot of rotation will go on this year to keep all the key players fresh for the big games around the spring time....

Using that logic then its quite likely Cesc will start....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:28 pm

`Pique is still Injured
--------------

`My Line-up predictions:

Valdes

Alves Puyol Abidal Adriano

Cesc/Thiago Sergio Iniesta

Sanchez Messi Pedro

`Villa & Xavi played both matches for Spain & needs some rest..

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Milan on tuesday, hopefully Pique is back.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:17 pm

lol @ Guardiola!! Razz
No Messi, Villa, Pique, Puyol, Abidal, Mascherano, Iniesta !!!

`Barca Official Line-up: Valdés, Alves, Fontàs, Adriano, Busquets, Keita, Xavi, Thiago, Fàbregas, Pedro & Alexis

`Barcelona's bench: Pinto, Abidal, Puyol, Iniesta, Mascherano, Messi, Villa
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:19 pm

It was obvious that Keita will start. Shame that Afellay doesn't make the squad. Fontas is bad, hopefully he won't make a big mistake in this game.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next