Can Chelsea realistically win the league?

+13
S
beatrixasdfghjk.
Red Alert
BeautifulGame
fatman123
chinomaster182
Mr Nick09
schnix
Lord Awesome
lszanto
The Madrid One
The Franchise
Noonan22
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can Chelsea win the league?

Can Chelsea realistically win the league? Vote_lcap53%Can Chelsea realistically win the league? Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 16 ]
Can Chelsea realistically win the league? Vote_lcap47%Can Chelsea realistically win the league? Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 30

Can Chelsea realistically win the league? Empty Can Chelsea realistically win the league?

Post by Noonan22 Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:24 am

I find it pretty amazing that some people believe it's gonna be a 2-horse race between Man Utd and Man City.They've both greatly improved from last season but so have we.I thinks it's going to be extremely close come May with Liverpool not so far behind and Arsenal,well it all depends how their signings get on.

Do you honestly believe Chelsea won't challenge for the title?
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Can Chelsea realistically win the league? Empty Re: Can Chelsea realistically win the league?

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:27 am

I think they will, but quite alot depends on Mata and sturridge to provide dynamic play and creativity.

I would feel alot more confident if Lampard didnt look frankly, over the hill and Essien wasnt missing for so long.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Can Chelsea realistically win the league? Empty Re: Can Chelsea realistically win the league?

Post by The Madrid One Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:27 am

Can Chelsea realistically win the league? Futbol-tevez-manchester

city will win epl.

chelsea can win it but they wont.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:32 am

I think we can, our full strength squad is a force to be reckoned with so to me it's just down to getting the team going chemistry wise and injuries etc.

Mata is sexy.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:32 am

Well they are candidates, no?

Correct me if I'm wrong but, Chelsea's main problem seems to be their Chemistry. If they can gel even more than I wouldn't find it farfetched for them them to win the league.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:32 am

The way I see it its going to between City and United.

Chelsea should finish 3rd but they don't look too good to me atm.

Man City and Man Utd are playing on a different planet atm

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:34 am

Crimson wrote:The way I see it its going to between City and United.

Do you see Chelsea finishing 3rd, but closer to the top 2 pointwise or closer to 4th?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by schnix Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:38 am

chelsea can win it. they have the confidence and winning mentality. they just need to work for it

but in addition to that they're also f-in rich, so they can spend €€€€€€ come January to patch up whatever problems they find during the fall. which is one reason i hate having a mid-season transfer window. helps the rich, not so much for the poor
schnix
schnix
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:39 am

Mate,if the start of the season is anything to go by,we would of got 114 points last season.

Yes they look the better teams at the moment,but we're picking up points and still have 2 good players to come in that haven't had the chance to start yet and they could make a huge difference,especially Mata of course.

And we can still pull the new manager card for the next few games atleast Smile
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:41 am

The Franchise wrote:

Do you see Chelsea finishing 3rd, but closer to the top 2 pointwise or closer to 4th?

Closer to 4th imo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:43 am

Have to work on their Mentality, as well.

They haven't been the same since Hiddink, I think.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:44 am

Noonan22 wrote:

Mate,if the start of the season is anything to go by,we would of got 114 points last season.

Yes they look the better teams at the moment,but we're picking up points and still have 2 good players to come in that haven't had the chance to start yet and they could make a huge difference,especially Mata of course.

Yes but if you had the depth that both Utd and City have atm last season you wouldn't of had any problems in winning the league.

The fact is City have huge depth in their squad atm, Utd are playing their youngsters who are proving better than their regulars. That's the difference.

If Chelsea are expecting Mata to be the creative genius and a superstar to carry them to the league win, then they are in for a very very rough season.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 am

The Franchise wrote:

Depends a lot on how they will spend in the winter market, but even without spending, experience might get them close enough i think. Kind of team that will warm up through the season with veteran guys like Drogba or Anelka grinding points on their way, without losing much.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Noonan22 Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:50 am

Crimson wrote:
Noonan22 wrote:

Yes but if you had the depth that both Utd and City have atm last season you wouldn't of had any problems in winning the league.

The fact is City have huge depth in their squad atm, Utd are playing their youngsters who are proving better than their regulars. That's the difference.

If Chelsea are expecting Mata to be the creative genius and a superstar to carry them to the league win, then they are in for a very very rough season.....

I don't expect him to carry us,but our defence is solid,we've some top strikers and our only problem has been a lack of creativity in midfield,and Mata and Raul will definetly help up is that department.Also,I expect Sturridge to have a big season.If he wasn't suspended for the first 3 games,we would have started.
Noonan22
Noonan22
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:55 am

Um are you guys watching the same Man City as me? You are talking about them being on another planet yet they had a very very shakey win against bolton the other week Razz
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:13 am

Yes Chelsea has to challenge for the title, its wage spending is still the highest in EPL last i checked. They can't keep underperforming forever.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:58 am

of course we can!
the league is a steady jog not a sprint and we're only 3 games in!
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:14 am

Squad wise i think Chelsea is a level below United and City for the first time in years.Whether they can challenge for the title or fight for the 3rd depends on Torres finding the form and how good AVB is.

If i have to put my money on it i would say Chelsea are more likelier to finish closer to 4th than first.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:07 am

Chelsea's number 9 jersey is cursed. Crespo... Torres... whos next?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 am

Torres, what a joke (;

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:07 am

Battle for second spot between Chelsea and City..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:10 am

Surag.Blueguy wrote:Battle for second spot between Chelsea and City..

I hate it how United can win a season 3 games in, gives nobody else a chance. Laughing
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:13 am

lszanto wrote:
Surag.Blueguy wrote:Battle for second spot between Chelsea and City..

I hate it how United can win a season 3 games in, gives nobody else a chance. Laughing

My prediction would have been the same had United lost the first few games too.. :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:14 am

Well, according to another Chelsea fan on here, Arsenal are in a relegation battle because we're near the bottom of the table 3 games in
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:16 am

We're by no means out of it, the way I see it, It is a four horse race, those two Manchester clubs, that Liverpool team and us.

I would not be surprised if any of them won it.

If Mata hits form then Torres will too, we could win it with that Combo.

If either Manchester club keeps gonig the way they are they could win it.

And if Kenny really proves to be king, then his team could win it too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next