Ali
Jay29
Il Principino
Iceman
Fo'Shizzle_My_Nizzle~
33 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Nasri’s not a rebel, he’s a traitor! - Page 5 Empty Re: Nasri’s not a rebel, he’s a traitor!

Post by usman111 Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:34 pm

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri has played down speculation that he could be set to leave Emirates Stadium by speaking out on Twitter.

The France international has seen his future with the North London club thrown into doubt following an interview in which he refused to rule out the possibility of joining Manchester United.

United are in the market for a new creative playmaker this summer following Paul Scholes' decision to hang up his boots after a glittering career.

Nasri is among the names to have been linked with a move to the 19-times English champions, and he did little to quell the speculation with his recent comments.

But the former Marseille man, who also fired off a foul-mouthed reply to one follower on the social networking site, has now moved to ease the concerns of Gunners fans.

Nasri wrote on Twitter: "I just want tell you don't listen (to) the newspaper and the rumours I will let you know if something happen."

usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Nasri’s not a rebel, he’s a traitor! - Page 5 Empty Re: Nasri’s not a rebel, he’s a traitor!

Post by jayp Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:49 pm

Lost respect for Nasri as well with this contract saga but lets give him a chance and see how it pans out, we all know the media loves to blow things out of proportion...

jayp
jayp
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://twitter.com/#!/Jay_Peezzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:59 pm

MUST READ FOR EVERYONE HERE:

Why Arsenal fans must stay loyal despite his apparent disloyalty
Date: 8th June 2011 at 12:58 pm
Written by Henry Cloke

Footballing allegiances are funny things. One day you’re kissing the badge of the club you love and the next you’re handing in a transfer request and can’t get out of your club quick enough. The question of ‘loyalty’ comes up more and more often in regards to professional footballers as a direct result to the insane amount of money that has been pumped into the game over the last couple of decades.

It’s the summer transfer window, so doubtless there are plenty of footballers out there having their loyalties tested as we speak. Does a player stay at the club they have made their home or do they make a big-money move to pastures new? One player currently facing that choice is Arsenal ’s Samir Nasri .

After enjoying what was arguably his ‘breakout’ season, Nasri won’t be short of suitors and the fact that he hasn’t signed a new long term deal with the Gunners will have fans sweating it out over his future. His contract runs out at the end of next season and if a new deal isn’t agreed upon there’s every chance that he could leave for free; that’s if he or his agent haven’t already engineered a cut price deal to another club.

The last thing any Arsenal fan wants to see is that their star player has been heavily linked with their rivals Manchester United . The thought of losing Nasri and strengthening United at the same time must be a bitter pill to swallow.

But before Arsenal fans overreact and take out their anger on Nasri – who let’s not forget was a key figure in maintaining Arsenal’s form for the first half of last season – they’d do well to consider all the possibilities. For a start, there’s every chance that Nasri’s unwillingness to sign a new contract isn’t down to Arsenal offering what he and his agent consider an unsatisfactory financial recompense.

Perhaps he’s merely looking for assurances that he’ll get more chances to play in his favoured position in the centre of the park next season. Assurances that Arsene Wenger may be unwilling to give whilst the future of midfield maestro Cesc Fabregas remains up in the air. Fans tend to be much more forgiving when they know for sure that a player is agitating, not for money, but for the betterment of their career.

So why doesn’t Nasri come out and say that he wants to stay at Arsenal and help them on their way to trophies? Why can’t he come out and end the speculation? My response to that is that Nasri tends to be quite shy when it comes to interviews and speaking to the Press. I recall an interview he did with Football Focus once, but even that was only done because his girlfriend was the interviewer. He doesn’t have much of a voice in the media and thus his making an announcement that he’s happy at Arsenal would be quite out of character.

EDIT: Since writing this Nasri has spoken to the French Press, rendering me completely wrong. He told Telefoot, “I don’t know if I will sign a new contract, the discussions are ongoing. Do I want to go to United? First, we should see if it’s real and concrete.” Deeply ambiguous and his refusual to rule out joining Manchester United is likely to frustrate Arsenal fans. Has he completely tarnished his reputation?

Nasri may well move away from Arsenal this summer, there’s also every chance that he won’t. For now at least, he ought to be given the benefit of the doubt. What for the time being appears to be disloyalty may in the future be revealed to be just the opposite.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:00 pm

We're in a capitalist market economy folks. If i made 3 million at my current job, but had the opportunity to make 4 million somewhere else, and both contracts are similar in all other aspects, i take the money. He would be stupid not to.

If Nasri was not performing, Arsenal would have shipped him out in a heartbeat.

Loyalty is expected from the players. But if they struggle, the fans and club cut him heartlessly.

I should know. I played in a top flight youth program back in the day and i experienced how cut throat clubs are.

It's a business, pure and simple.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:08 pm

Btw, word is that Benzema is trying to keep Nasri in Arsenal until his situation is finalized this summer. Source close to France NT...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:Btw, word is that Benzema is trying to keep Nasri in Arsenal until his situation is finalized this summer. Source close to France NT...

That is interesting.. Wish the source was not just a "source close to NT".. Something more credible would be encouraging..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:53 pm

srigooner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Btw, word is that Benzema is trying to keep Nasri in Arsenal until his situation is finalized this summer. Source close to France NT...

That is interesting.. Wish the source was not just a "source close to NT".. Something more credible would be encouraging..

Ask some of the guys on Madrid board about me like Nick... I am pretty close to French football.

Money is being used as an excuse by Nasri. If he was confident that Arsenal would make the moves to try and win trophies, he would've compromised. He basically either wants to get paid big time or he wants arsenal commit to winning trophies in order to give a small discount.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Ask some of the guys on Madrid board about me like Nick... I am pretty close to French football.

Money is being used as an excuse by Nasri. If he was confident that Arsenal would make the moves to try and win trophies, he would've compromised. He basically either wants to get paid big time or he wants arsenal commit to winning trophies in order to give a small discount.

Hey hey hey, don't take it personally mate Smile Not questioning your credibility at all, I respect each and every guy on the forums.. My point was, the source itself.. You just said it was a "source close to NT".. Just yesterday, there was a post here about even players like Hazard having 4-5 agents..

With the Nasri, Gervinho and Fabregas sagas floating around, it is really tough to distinguish between what to believe and what not..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 pm

srigooner wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
srigooner wrote:

Hey hey hey, don't take it personally mate Smile Not questioning your credibility at all, I respect each and every guy on the forums.. My point was, the source itself.. You just said it was a "source close to NT".. Just yesterday, there was a post here about even players like Hazard having 4-5 agents..

With the Nasri, Gervinho and Fabregas sagas floating around, it is really tough to distinguish between what to believe and what not..

Not taking it personal lol. Just letting you know that i'm really close to french football on the fff side. When there's NT games, you get a lot more of the facts as opposed to fiction because it comes from people that are right there. With agents, it's marketing and agenda driven for the most part.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:38 pm

whats with the sig lol ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:19 am

RealGunner wrote:whats with the sig lol ?

I lost a sig bet during the classicos damn it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:29 am

So what exactly do you know about the Nasri situation and Benzema's stance on Arsenal, sportsczcy?
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:37 am

Iceman wrote:So what exactly do you know about the Nasri situation and Benzema's stance on Arsenal, sportsczcy?

Here' what i've heard:
- Nasri will not come out and publicly criticize Wenger's transfer tactics... but he is upset that Cesc might leave and the fact that there are no world class signings on the horizon. His message to Wenger is that, if you need the money to sign other WC players that will help win trophies, fine... i will accept getting paid less. But if it's just to put money in the bank, i want the maximum. If you see Arsenal make big signings and keep Cesc, you will miraculously see Nasri accept a lesser amount.
- During France NT's time these past 10 days, Benzema has said to Nasri and others that he is unsure about whether he will stay at Madrid as he thinks Aguero is getting signed. Of course, he puts the PR face in the media. But he asked Nasri to wait if possible until his situation clears... because, if he was to leave Madrid, he wants to come to Arsenal and Wenger knows it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:46 am

Ha, so if these rumors are to be believed, then we're basically on standby. If Madrid sign Aguera, we'll make a move for Benzema which, in turn, will make Nasri accept lower wages and sign the deal.

I don't think its wise for us to make a move for other players while Benzema is still a viable option. Gervinho's signing (which seems to be imminent) does not necessarily close the door on Benzema, but it might do so.

I personally don't blame Nasri. I wouldn't give him the extra wages, but I don't blame him for his stance.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:07 pm

That is a smart move from Nasri

Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:22 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Iceman wrote:So what exactly do you know about the Nasri situation and Benzema's stance on Arsenal, sportsczcy?

Here' what i've heard:
- Nasri will not come out and publicly criticize Wenger's transfer tactics... but he is upset that Cesc might leave and the fact that there are no world class signings on the horizon. His message to Wenger is that, if you need the money to sign other WC players that will help win trophies, fine... i will accept getting paid less. But if it's just to put money in the bank, i want the maximum. If you see Arsenal make big signings and keep Cesc, you will miraculously see Nasri accept a lesser amount.
- During France NT's time these past 10 days, Benzema has said to Nasri and others that he is unsure about whether he will stay at Madrid as he thinks Aguero is getting signed. Of course, he puts the PR face in the media. But he asked Nasri to wait if possible until his situation clears... because, if he was to leave Madrid, he wants to come to Arsenal and Wenger knows it.

Fingers crossed.. Come on Madrid, sign Aguero soon!! This would solve our striker issue as well as Nasri issue.. It would be a real coup if this did pull off!

And I can understand Nasri's sentiments.. If he is really taking a stance like this behind the scenes, then its understandable that AW will make some good purchases and strengthen the squad..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Even Walcott has been making the right noises about signing WC players.. Its fitting!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:30 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Here' what i've heard:

If thats what what Nasri really said then iam with him 100%. We really need WC signings and we need to keep Cesc. However i hope Aguero joins real soon so we can sign Benzema :p
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:50 am

nasri is 23, about 9 years to old for benzema to care about him...

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Russell Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:51 pm

i c an interesting chain reaction of signings at crazy amounts coming! HAILSTORM!! Afro
Jack Russell
Jack Russell
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5