Ali
Jay29
Il Principino
Iceman
Fo'Shizzle_My_Nizzle~
33 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Nasri’s not a rebel, he’s a traitor! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nasri’s not a rebel, he’s a traitor!

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 13:56

GoonerJay29 wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:i still say we would be alright without him. not to say that he isnt a wonderful player, but he isnt essential to our team.

and it looks like we'll be buying gervinho. i say if nasri does leave, we better sell him and not for peanuts either. 17-20 mil at the VERY least

I agree. There were not many times this season that we really missed Nasri, as Arshavin and Walcott have been had periods of good form themselves and have filled the void.

It may be difficult to get a good price for him, unfortunately. Mesut Oezil, I remember, went for only £13,000,000 when he had one year remaining on his contract. I reckon that's the sort of price we'll end up getting for him should Nasri decide not to re-sign.

Doesn't the fact that Schalke got £20m for Neuer mean anything? I'd be very surprised if we got less than what we payed..

SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Nasri’s not a rebel, he’s a traitor! - Page 3 Empty Re: Nasri’s not a rebel, he’s a traitor!

Post by Kiwigunner Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 14:38

He's paid his worth though hasn't he. He's done well when he's been here, scored some important goals and made key differences.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 14:44

He's on his last year of contract, guys. Don't expect exaggerated figures because we won't get them. Unless City come into play Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 15:07

Don't think we can expect anything like 20m for him.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 15:24

20 MIL is way too much around 10-15 MIL would be good bargain, especially because he has one year left in his contract.
usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 16:20

15m is about right surely. considering the quality he is, and what other players on 1 year can go for...
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Die_Roten Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 16:31

Kiwigunner wrote:Best option has to be to put him on 80k with RvP and Arshavin. RvP deserves to go up to 100 at least but thats another story.

Van Persie I don't think should go up 100k. Maybe 90k with performance/appearance related add-ons. Arshavin should be demoted to 50k with performance based add-ons. Maybe then he'll actually be consistently good Afro
Die_Roten
Die_Roten
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 16:44

Die_Roten wrote:
Kiwigunner wrote:Best option has to be to put him on 80k with RvP and Arshavin. RvP deserves to go up to 100 at least but thats another story.

Van Persie I don't think should go up 100k. Maybe 90k with performance/appearance related add-ons. Arshavin should be demoted to 50k with performance based add-ons. Maybe then he'll actually be consistently good Afro

if anyone deserved 100k in our team it's Van Persie. he's been carrying our team, and loves the club.

The add-on thing is a nice idea, but it would probably be statistic based so that the club don't get sued, and in that respect Arshavin would be earning tons, he had like 18 assists and a number of goals too, just was consistantly bad in between.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 16:47

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
Doesn't the fact that Schalke got £20m for Neuer mean anything? I'd be very surprised if we got less than what we payed..

Neuer had a brilliant full season. Not half a season like our man here. I don't think we'll get more than 15mil for him.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Die_Roten Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 16:52

Kiwigunner wrote:
Die_Roten wrote:

if anyone deserved 100k in our team it's Van Persie. he's been carrying our team, and loves the club.

The add-on thing is a nice idea, but it would probably be statistic based so that the club don't get sued, and in that respect Arshavin would be earning tons, he had like 18 assists and a number of goals too, just was consistantly bad in between.

Oh I completely understand that Van Persie deserves it more than anyone for sheer loyalty, but if his injury problems continue, can we really afford spending 100k on someone who's out for half a season?

As for Arshavin, I really didn't think of that. Maybe he would get paid by the goal.com player rating he receives per game? :lol!:
Die_Roten
Die_Roten
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 17:08

Arsenal should change their wage structure . I read that the likes of Denilson Diaby Bendtner etc are on big wages (near 50 k ) . Surely these wages can be reduced and given to the likes of Van Persie and Nasri .Not sure why fringe players are kept on high wages by Wenger .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 17:22

Die_Roten wrote:
Kiwigunner wrote:
Die_Roten wrote:

Oh I completely understand that Van Persie deserves it more than anyone for sheer loyalty, but if his injury problems continue, can we really afford spending 100k on someone who's out for half a season?

As for Arshavin, I really didn't think of that. Maybe he would get paid by the goal.com player rating he receives per game? :lol!:

Thats true, then maybe an appearance based plan? but then again it's a bit harsh to punish someone for being injured

i like the idea for goal.com player rating based pay Laughing
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 17:24

BeautifulGame wrote:Arsenal should change their wage structure . I read that the likes of Denilson Diaby Bendtner etc are on big wages (near 50 k ) . Surely these wages can be reduced and given to the likes of Van Persie and Nasri .Not sure why fringe players are kept on high wages by Wenger .

We have an issue with handing out money to players just for being at the club. Wenger has too much faith in them, and it results in players not trying to progress. The alternative though, is that they don't sign for us, or don't sign extensions. then we're left with nothing.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Die_Roten Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 17:32

Kiwigunner wrote:
Die_Roten wrote:
Kiwigunner wrote:
Die_Roten wrote:

Thats true, then maybe an appearance based plan? but then again it's a bit harsh to punish someone for being injured

i like the idea for goal.com player rating based pay Laughing

If paying someone 80-90k a week is punishing them, I'd love to see what your definition of rewarding is! 🎅
Die_Roten
Die_Roten
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 17:49

Kiwigunner wrote:
BeautifulGame wrote:Arsenal should change their wage structure . I read that the likes of Denilson Diaby Bendtner etc are on big wages (near 50 k ) . Surely these wages can be reduced and given to the likes of Van Persie and Nasri .Not sure why fringe players are kept on high wages by Wenger .

We have an issue with handing out money to players just for being at the club. Wenger has too much faith in them, and it results in players not trying to progress. The alternative though, is that they don't sign for us, or don't sign extensions. then we're left with nothing.

Yep . Sometimes i feel wenger has too much of a soft spot for youngsters at Arsenal . Even if he feels they wont make it he still keeps trying them in hope to the detriment of the club IMO . I still wonder how Sendores stayed that long with a club like Arsenal .
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 18:05

90k and he wants more, as if footballers aren't pay enough already just pure greed from Samir.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 19:30

This is why I'm all for selling them, as I stated in the old boards. These players help out in anything, and most times only hinder the team. I wouldn't sell Diaby, because he can still be useful if he surpasses his injury problems. But the rest? Buh bye!
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by A Gunner Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 22:50

Traitor if he joins any other club for the money ... and for me he'll surpass flamoney

Rebel if he joins MU .. period.
A Gunner
A Gunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 3:28

Die_Roten wrote:

If paying someone 80-90k a week is punishing them, I'd love to see what your definition of rewarding is! 🎅

Well not punished, but paid less for it than he would otherwise get.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 4:09

His contract would of had incentives to raise his pay he is just being a prick.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 4:13

He asks 110k and bonus per win, that's freaking insane, could end up 120k or 125k.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 8:28

Samir Nasri wants Arsenal to make a statement of intent in the summer transfer market before he will sign a new deal.

The Frenchman's negotiations with the North London club has been in a deadlock in recent weeks, as the midfielder deems their wage offer of £90,000 a week insufficient.

However, according to reports in the Guardian, apart from a hike in his salary, Nasri also wants Wenger to bolster the squad with significant signings this transfer window before he will contemplate extending his contract to stay at the Emirates.

What adds pressure to Arsenal is the fact that he is currently in the last 12 months of his current deal, and most recently the midfielder has spoken out loud about reported interest in him from Manchester United, who are looking for another midfield maestro, with the retirement of Paul Scholes.

Early March, the 23-year-old said that it was "today or never" for Arsenal to win the Premier League title, but the Gunners wilted, taking 12 points in their final 11 games, finishing fourth and a distance 12 points from champions United.

It could very well be that Nasri has decided that the London side might "never" win the title again, which is why he is contempating a move away from the Emirates.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by A Gunner Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 11:41

This guy is a total bs of a player ... One day he kisses the badge and the other he goes on about how he needs more cash and more players like he is effing Messi!

I say get rid of him and get some loyal players.
A Gunner
A Gunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 12:24

Samir Nasri gambling with his Arsenal future as he seeks pay parity with Cesc Fabregas

Arsene Wenger is reluctant to bow to the Frenchman's demand for £110-a-week deal and will sell the 23 year-old if he overplays his hand at the negotiating table

6 Jun 2011 13:43:00

By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

By casting public doubt over his readiness to sign a new Arsenal contract that was agreed in principle four months ago, Samir Nasri has lit the blue touchpaper for another transfer saga that will dominate the window.

Arsenal fans already fretting over the possibility of losing Cesc Fabregas are now facing up to the reality that their next most creative player is questioning whether the grass is greener elsewhere.

However Nasri’s comments while on international duty with France are interpreted, it is clear there are issues to be resolved between player and club.

Many will view the Frenchman’s desire to discover whether Manchester United’s interest in him is “concrete” as a clear 'come and get me' plea to the Premier League champions.

Yet Goal.com understands that Nasri has no desire to leave Emirates Stadium - for United, Manchester City, Serie A, La Liga or or anywhere else. He is content at the club that brought him to the Premier League from Marseille in 2008 but his reluctance at signing the improved contract offered to him by Arsenal earlier this year is down to hard cash.

It is believed that the club have offered him a five-year £90,000-a-week deal but the player’s camp have pressed for him to get pay parity with captain and top earner Fabregas, who is on £110,000-a-week after his own contract was renegotiated two years ago.

It is now a game of poker and, just as at the table with millions on the line, sometimes confrontations come down to who blinks first.

Nasri has a strong hand, and knows it. He has come off the back of a season in which he was one of the few players at the club to enhance his reputation even if his pre-February excellence petered out into the mediocrity that suffocated most of the team for the final months of the season.

His contract is said to expire in the summer of 2012 – although this has not been confirmed by the club – and Arsenal will not allow a repeat of the situation which enabled Mathieu Flamini to leave for nothing under the Bosman ruling in 2008.

Yet Arsenal hold some aces of their own. Should Nasri over-play his hand, they can call a halt to negotiations, tout the Frenchman’s availability, generate an auction and sell to the highest bidder.

"We are in disagreement over the financial contract on offer, which we haven't settled"
- Wenger on talks with Nasri

The Londoners might not make a profit on the £12m they spent on the player three years ago but they will be rid of a potentially disruptive influence and Nasri would no longer be in charge of his destiny.

The 23-year-old’s future also depends on what happens to Fabregas. Should the Arsenal captain get his dream move to Barcelona before Nasri’s contract situation is sorted, then the Frenchman’s bargaining position would have been weakened. The contract on the table would make him the highest paid player at the club and Arsenal would have £40m-plus in the bank ready to spend on a replacement.

In the eyes of many Arsenal fans, Nasri has committed treason by fluttering his eyelashes so suggestively at Sir Alex Ferguson’s team. “Do I want to go to United? We should see if their interest is real and if it is concrete first,” he told TF1’s Telefoot.

Nasri is regarded in his homeland as a plain speaker but one school of thought is that he had adopted such a flirtatious stance after Wenger said on French radio last week that the uncertainty over the player’s future was purely down to financial demands.

“Are we still in discussions with Nasri? Yes, but we are still in disagreement over the financial contract on offer, which we haven’t settled,” the Arsenal boss told RTL. “We are trying to extend the deal.”

For a club who prefer to keep all transfer and contract negotiations out of the public domain, this was quite a departure from normal practice and hints at a disintegration in the relationship between the two parties.

Sources close to the situation expect Arsenal to offer a marginally improved contract with more performance-related bonuses.

If Nasri does not accept, then the Gooner will be a goner by the end of the window.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by A Gunner Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 12:48

I think he'll sign but he has lost respect from some fans nonetheless.
A Gunner
A Gunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue 7 Jun 2011 - 12:50

A Gunner wrote:I think he'll sign but he has lost respect from some fans nonetheless.

"some" my friend, is an understatement. Neutral

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next