Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe?

+39
Jack Daniels
VivaStPauli
Zees
Pedram
dostoevsky
Adit
jibers
Mamad
Superstone Mariomintsch
VanDeezNuts
kiranr
BarcaKizz
white_star
Magricos
StevieRayVaughan
El Chelsea Fuerte
Kev
Omniscient
Lord Awesome
The Messiah
Bear
PinePHresh
halamadrid2
izzy
7amood11
The Nature Boy
Albiceleste
Arquitecto
McAgger
rwo power
REWB
alexjanosik
Sushi Master
zizzle
S
the xcx
Raptorgunner
EarlyPrototype
The BoyWonder
43 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

2nd strongest team of Europe

Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 11 ]
Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 33 ]
Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 10 ]

Total Votes : 62

Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe?

Post by 7amood11 Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Top 2? No, not at all. The #2 spot is for ManUtd (a good argument could still be made for Madrid though).

If I had to make a quick list it would be:

1- Barca
2- ManUtd
3- Madrid
4- Milan
5- Bayern

Yes, Milan are going through a slow start in Serie A, but they're still booming with quality and deserve to be there IMO.

7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Bayern second strongest team of Europe?

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:00 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:We're not overrating, we're just saying that you can't underestimate us. A lot of people here don't rate Bayern at all which is hilarious.

Meh, but I don't mind, I love being the underdog :coffee:

Are you sure, my response actually come from the fact that seemingly everyone is rating Bayern as 2nd best as otherwise I wouldn't have declared that.

But I only hope for the best for Bayern as they are a torch and symbol for teams that don't need to spend like Madrid and City to reach the top along with their strong philosophy and management of the club.
Well, then our brainwashing attempts seem to have worked, because a few threads ago everyone was talking about Bayern going out of the group, ManC raping Bayern at home, etc.

I guess our 9 games without goals and constant demolition of any opposition is finally kicking some sence into people.

I agree we have a strong philosophy and great management, but we spend when we have to Very Happy And will spend even more once we pay off the Allianz. Our internal spending is also great, granting our great players the wages they want in order to keep them here.

I believe you that you saw negative posts about Bayern, but I have seen my fair share of Bayer being rated all to highly as Babun is suspect of this. Moving on though.

Chelsea in the beginning of Ancelotti's next season were doing the same and yet looked out of their depth when moving into the heart of the season where pressure increases and depth is truly tested by facing better teams who are just gaining their form. Point is, Bayern DO have the capability to even beat Barca comfortably, yet it still needs to be proven right now Sushi as that is really what I'm saying.

I'm looking forward to your updates on the team as I wish I could find time to watch all they're matchs. Point is, Jupp is a superb tactician and Bayern are safe in his hands.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:01 pm

7amood11 wrote:Top 2? No, not at all. The #2 spot is for ManUtd (a good argument could still be made for Madrid though).

1- Barca
2- ManUtd
3- Madrid
4- Milan
5- Bayern

Yes, Milan are going through a slow start in Serie A, but they're still booming with quality and deserve to be there IMO.

Milan? not yet as the midfield needs to be improved and thats really about it. Bayern are stronger atm.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Surag.Blueguy wrote:City a team who finished in 3rd place last season and making their debut in Cl this season..Man City manager looked out of depth against a team like Napoli who incidently made their debut this season too..Wonder what makes people think they or on par with the likes of Madrid..

I think alot of peoples esitmation of Man City comes out of fear of what they can be. they have been rollin in the EPL but hit a roadblock against Napoli. The KO's will be a better assessment of where they stand as a team.

on the flip side, Madrid hasnt exactly been the powerhouse fans make them out to be. A great team with the possibility of being #1, but there are better teams than them
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:04 pm

@7amood11
On what grounds do you rate Real higher than Bayern at the moment? They might have been better last season, but right now Real don't present themselves as the force they were last season. Mind you, this is not about the last season, but about this season. Same goes for Milan. ManUtd do present themselves pretty strong right now, so I would give them the benefit of the doubt.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:07 pm

rwo power wrote:@7amood11
On what grounds do you rate Real higher than Bayern at the moment? They might have been better last season, but right now Real don't present themselves as the force they were last season. Mind you, this is not about the last season, but about this season. Same goes for Milan. ManUtd do present themselves pretty strong right now, so I would give them the benefit of the doubt.

I really dont think there is any doubt (at this point in time)...
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:08 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:We're not overrating, we're just saying that you can't underestimate us. A lot of people here don't rate Bayern at all which is hilarious.

Meh, but I don't mind, I love being the underdog :coffee:

Are you sure, my response actually come from the fact that seemingly everyone is rating Bayern as 2nd best as otherwise I wouldn't have declared that.

But I only hope for the best for Bayern as they are a torch and symbol for teams that don't need to spend like Madrid and City to reach the top along with their strong philosophy and management of the club.
Well, then our brainwashing attempts seem to have worked, because a few threads ago everyone was talking about Bayern going out of the group, ManC raping Bayern at home, etc.

I guess our 9 games without goals and constant demolition of any opposition is finally kicking some sence into people.

I agree we have a strong philosophy and great management, but we spend when we have to Very Happy And will spend even more once we pay off the Allianz. Our internal spending is also great, granting our great players the wages they want in order to keep them here.

I believe you that you saw negative posts about Bayern, but I have seen my fair share of Bayer being rated all to highly as Babun is suspect of this. Moving on though.

Chelsea in the beginning of Ancelotti's next season were doing the same and yet looked out of their depth when moving into the heart of the season where pressure increases and depth is truly tested by facing better teams who are just gaining their form. Point is, Bayern DO have the capability to even beat Barca comfortably, yet it still needs to be proven right now Sushi as that is really what I'm saying.

I'm looking forward to your updates on the team as I wish I could find time to watch all they're matchs. Point is, Jupp is a superb tactician and Bayern are safe in his hands.

The great Babun Very Happy

Bayern do not have an ageing squad as Chelsea does. They are not as overplayed, either. One of the advantages German club have is the winter break. Plus Germany doesn't have 2 domestic cups which can take it's toll on the senior players as it progresses. I agree we do lack a solid bench, but there's still time to rectify that in January.

I won't make any kneejerking until we get out of the group stages, but believe me you should watch our CL matches at least because the team will be trying its hardest to get to that final in home ground.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:09 pm

king_alex10 wrote:I really dont think there is any doubt (at this point in time)...
Frankly, I really hope that ManUtd and Bayern will meet in the QF (or hopefully even later) of the CL again as that would give a real assessment team vs team in this season Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:10 pm

That is shocking logic. Shocking.

So then, the current league standings and performances from 4-5 games is a way to judge teams as who are the best?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:13 pm

izzy26 wrote:

So then, the current league standings and performances from 4-5 games is a way to judge teams as who are the best?
Exactly that is my point, though. Read a bit above - I did state that the current time is a bit early to say, but on the other hand, judging teams on the last season doesn't exactly make sense either.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:16 pm

rwo power wrote:
izzy26 wrote:

Exactly that is my point, though. Read a bit above - I did state that the current time is a bit early to say, but on the other hand, judging teams on the last season doesn't exactly make sense either.

Oh ok then.

I think the best time to start judging teams is when we enter the new year, when half of the games are complete. It gives people something to actually judge.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nature Boy Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:19 pm

rwo power wrote:
king_alex10 wrote:I really dont think there is any doubt (at this point in time)...
Frankly, I really hope that ManUtd and Bayern will meet in the QF (or hopefully even later) of the CL again as that would give a real assessment team vs team in this season Smile

not only that but they produce some great matches Afro
The Nature Boy
The Nature Boy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:23 pm

a'right so if we are basing it on 3 games

Madrid>>>>>>>Barca

we have 1 loss, while barca have 2 draws
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:26 pm

By "at the moment" you are talking only about this season? Very few games have been played so far, and they aren't enough to pass proper judgement on any team. But if I were to judge based only on this season, then the order of my initial list would change.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by PinePHresh Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:27 pm

Bayern have a good first 11... but they don't even come close to the depth available to Madrid, United, City...
PinePHresh
PinePHresh
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:35 pm

PinePHresh wrote:Bayern have a good first 11... but they don't even come close to the depth available to Madrid, United, City...
In defensive nature, agreed. In midfield we're alright and in attackers with Olic healthy we'd be Ok. But the gap is not that large and can (and will) be fixed.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bear Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:45 pm

Bayern v Madrid has to happen this year.

imagine all of CR7, Robben, Ribery & Di Maria on the pitch at the same time, would be epic.
Bear
Bear
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:42 pm

Before I even start reading You will notice how Madrid Fan will jump and disagree with the writer because they think Madrid are the 2nd best.(delusion)

But if you are being fair I think Bayern is a very good team with class, they are probably next in line after Barcelona but many disagree with me, when I started a thread like that 2 months ago
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Very Happy Lol at Villareal as 3rd strongest team in Spain.

They're 5th or 6th at most.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:49 pm

7amood11 wrote:Top 2? No, not at all. The #2 spot is for ManUtd (a good argument could still be made for Madrid though).

1- Barca
2- ManUtd
3- Madrid
4- Milan

5- Bayern

:facepalm: Bayern destroyed Milan in Audi Cup
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Idrisozet wrote:But if you are being fair I think Bayern is a very good team with class, they are probably next in line after Barcelona but many disagree with me, when I started a thread like that 2 months ago

Laughing Even neutrals disagree here.

OP = Obvious troll is obvious.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Idrisozet wrote::facepalm: Bayern destroyed Milan in Audi Cup

:facepalm:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:51 pm

Barca > United > Madrid > City > Bayern.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Action speak louder than voice, if anyone like say Dortmund>>>>Bayern or even Blackburn>>>>Bayern.

We will see you in the field.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:00 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Auctions speak louder than voice, if anyone like say Dortmund>>>>Bayern or even Blackburn>>>>Bayern.

Laughing To be better you have to prove on paper.

To win you need to score more than your opponent.

Dortmund was better than Bayern last year until they lost their catalyst.

Madrid's superiority to Barca will begin to show soon.

You can only disprove what's on paper for so long.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Lord Hispano wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Auctions speak louder than voice, if anyone like say Dortmund>>>>Bayern or even Blackburn>>>>Bayern.

Laughing To be better you have to prove on paper.

To win you need to score more than your opponent.

Dortmund was better than Bayern last year until they lost their catalyst.

Madrid's superiority to Barca will begin to show soon.

You can only disprove what's on paper for so long.
Not sure if serious... Suspect

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next