Cotes
juve_gigi
anouarjuve
Il Pinguino
michael1
nobionye
15 posters

Go down

on the Matri case.... Empty on the Matri case....

Post by nobionye Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:34 am

People...not that I don't appreciate what he has done for us ,but imho. Matri jst aint juve quality...he is only goood as a back up striker....that sharpness in movement, that dribbling skill, that sudden moment of magic...just aint there. I am not saying he should be benched, but I'd like to see us buy another striker, matri is just not 'it'. Although you also have to blame stupid srvice from the wingers.quags strikes me as a better option once fully fit, but toni, iaquinta,amauri...#smh ....in essence no flair or quick darts for pirlo to feed..mjust box strikers..vucinic needs time though. I'll like to see us buy quality upfront not delude our selve into thinking we have a 1dafl striker in matri... Nd PS ..am nt being negative, its just a point of view.mwhats a forum for then?
nobionye
nobionye
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

on the Matri case.... Empty Re: on the Matri case....

Post by michael1 Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:52 am

agreed i was sayin this during the match against catania.

but well see how he goes hopefully theres an improvement
michael1
michael1
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Pinguino Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:36 am

I agree and was worried about this after his purchase. Matri is great but I feel Juve need someone who is a level above him to be truly competitive. Matri has his moments of brilliance but not enough imo. The last couple of games shows how right now our problem is scoring as we have just been missing that finishing touch. Granted it is still early on in the season so he has an entire year to really step it up and prove everyone wrong. If we do qualify for CL next year(i strongly believe we will) then I think we're gonna need to upgrade our striker to someone more proven and consistent. Either way Matri on the bench is quality depth.
Il Pinguino
Il Pinguino
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by anouarjuve Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:39 am

nobionye wrote:People...not that I don't appreciate what he has done for us ,but imho. Matri jst aint juve quality...he is only goood as a back up striker....that sharpness in movement, that dribbling skill, that sudden moment of magic...just aint there. I am not saying he should be benched, but I'd like to see us buy another striker, matri is just not 'it'. Although you also have to blame stupid srvice from the wingers.quags strikes me as a better option once fully fit, but toni, iaquinta,amauri...#smh ....in essence no flair or quick darts for pirlo to feed..mjust box strikers..vucinic needs time though. I'll like to see us buy quality upfront not delude our selve into thinking we have a 1dafl striker in matri... Nd PS ..am nt being negative, its just a point of view.mwhats a forum for then?
I disagree Matri is not used correctly in Conte's tactics ... that's why I prefer Quagli at current time
anouarjuve
anouarjuve
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:13 am

nobionye wrote:People...not that I don't appreciate what he has done for us ,but imho. Matri jst aint juve quality...he is only goood as a back up striker....that sharpness in movement, that dribbling skill, that sudden moment of magic...just aint there. I am not saying he should be benched, but I'd like to see us buy another striker, matri is just not 'it'. Although you also have to blame stupid srvice from the wingers.quags strikes me as a better option once fully fit, but toni, iaquinta,amauri...#smh ....in essence no flair or quick darts for pirlo to feed..mjust box strikers..vucinic needs time though. I'll like to see us buy quality upfront not delude our selve into thinking we have a 1dafl striker in matri... Nd PS ..am nt being negative, its just a point of view.mwhats a forum for then?

Two words...

MARIO BALOTELLI...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:22 am

Getting a next good strike January is not a bad idea but I really don't think Matri is to blame...
Having him as a lone forward versus Catania just wasn't a good idea..
we need to have a 4-2-4 or 4-4-2 formation & stick to it...
with Matri & Quag as our normal starters...we will get more from them if they play together...
& Juve_gigi, we are not gonna get Balotelli :p
we already have one arrogant black man on the team(not racist because I'm black Smile )
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:12 am

Matri has what it takes he is just so fustrated give him time and to get used to Vucinic ...it will be good even thou for now in Conte's system I prefer Quaglri
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:47 am

Matri just isn't strong enough to play as a lone striker, Quagliarella or Vucinic would have been much better options in my opinion.

Matri with support is class, last year was not a fluke. He has a great eye for goal, he just needs a strike partner.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by anouarjuve Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 am

Luca wrote:Matri just isn't strong enough to play as a lone striker, Quagliarella or Vucinic would have been much better options in my opinion.

Matri with support is class, last year was not a fluke. He has a great eye for goal, he just needs a strike partner.
agree 100% Wink +1
anouarjuve
anouarjuve
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:48 am

Luca wrote:Matri just isn't strong enough to play as a lone striker, Quagliarella or Vucinic would have been much better options in my opinion.

4-3-3:

Licht...Barzagli...Chiellini...PDC
Vidal...Pirlo...Marchisio
Krasic...Matri...Balotelli

:coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by anouarjuve Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:57 am

juve_gigi wrote:

4-3-3:

how about Quagli ? :facepalm:
anouarjuve
anouarjuve
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:14 am

There is no doubt we need someone like cavani if we make CL next season but we defo have enough quality to make a top 3 finish. Id like to see a quags-vucinic partnership up front!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:16 am

anouarjuve wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:

4-3-3:

I don't like that. It makes our left side weak in the midfield area and on defense, which is a major issue when our LBs are Grosso and PDC. Marchisio was not effective on the left side as a winger and neither Quags nor Balotelli will effectively play as a winger.

Matri definitely cannot play by himself as the lone striker. I don't know what Conte was thinking against Catania.

I'm starting to agree with others about Matri not being the answer as our first choice striker. He may be fine for the remainder of this season, but I don't think he's the long term solution. Balotelli would clearly be ideal.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nobionye Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:53 am

If u have to play a sole striker, u have to use...sm1 dat cn hold up d ball well ala drigba or smone dat have pace to burn and keep the defenders on dia toes..ala hernandez....matri is neither...he is quite fast n Quite strong..not majorin in any.......pls..no balotelli...nd if have to paly 4rm d wingz, den u need a master poacher ..who doesn't have to run a lot...in catania, itt shld hv bin toni imho
nobionye
nobionye
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:57 am

Let me get this straight...

Matri who has scored 20 goals last season... half of the goals from a midtable team and the other half of the goals from a poor Juventus side, is not Juventus quality for you? Matri is one of Italy's best strikers, Juve's most consistent at it, how isn't he Juventus quality?

This topic should be refered to Pepe and not Matri.

Pino, Did we sign Balotelli yet? Razz
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:01 pm

juve_gigi wrote:

4-3-3:

I like it

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by tareks Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:30 pm

So basing on this topic,Trezegoal wasn't Juve quality smoking
tareks
tareks
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:37 pm

anouarjuve wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:

4-3-3:

Quags would be a great guy off the bench with that lineup...

Last edited by juve_gigi on Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:56 pm

Juventude wrote:
anouarjuve wrote:
juve_gigi wrote:

4-3-3:

I don't like that. It makes our left side weak in the midfield area and on defense, which is a major issue when our LBs are Grosso and PDC. Marchisio was not effective on the left side as a winger and neither Quags nor Balotelli will effectively play as a winger.

Matri definitely cannot play by himself as the lone striker. I don't know what Conte was thinking against Catania.

I'm starting to agree with others about Matri not being the answer as our first choice striker. He may be fine for the remainder of this season, but I don't think he's the long term solution. Balotelli would clearly be ideal.

4-3-3:

Licht...Barzagli...Chiellini...Kolarov

Fixed for you. Kolarov can provide adequate cover on the left and Marchisio is a stalwart on defense. You add Kolarov and Balotelli to our lineup and we become scudetto contenders instantly. Instantly...

We can also switch to a 4-2-4 depending on the competition:

Licht...Barzagli...Chiellini...Kolarov
Pirlo...Marchisio
Krasic...Matri...Balotelli...Elia

So Vidal and Elia rotate depending on the competition and Quags and Pepe are our super subs.

C'mon Marotta, pull the trigger...
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:58 pm

I think it's a bit too early to say. My take on it is Matri is fantastic when he's given a constant flow of opportunities. The problem it, many games require you to make them yourself and that's where Matri is a let down. This is why Quags at the moment is the better option along with Vucinic. These 2 can spark the team up, Matri has class finishing but if you're being bested he doesn't spark life into the team. His passes are poor and he only dribbles well in flashes.

There's no denying how good Matri is but he's probably not the best option.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juve_gigi Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:58 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Let me get this straight...

Matri who has scored 20 goals last season... half of the goals from a midtable team and the other half of the goals from a poor Juventus side, is not Juventus quality for you? Matri is one of Italy's best strikers, Juve's most consistent at it, how isn't he Juventus quality?

Haha, not yet. I'm working on it though as we speak. Have Marotta's number on speed dial.

Hold on, just getting a call from Mancini, will report back shortly... :coffee:
juve_gigi
juve_gigi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:04 pm

Kolarov and Elia on the same wing, I think that is a little too offensive.
Kolarov was brilliant when he came on for City, very lively, made some nice dribbles past defenders.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:25 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:Let me get this straight...

I agree except for that LOL
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:53 pm

+1.

Good quick thinking Luca, i would like to add to that if yoou also agree with me.

For me, Matri is a great striker, he has really clinical finishing and he doesnt need more than 3 above decent chances to score a goal. Having said that, he still not quite "there" yet. He is a striker that FINISHES plays, not start or play them. He needs a lot of support from other team mates in order for him to shine. I truly feel he can't play as a lone striker, that position is for Vucinic and/or Quag in my honest opinion. (i dont consider iaquinta or amauri part of the team).

While he will definitely score goals, he isnt the type of striker that will win the game by himself (think of cavani, rossi, aguero, tevez, etc). He's great, but he is not Juventus's "it" striker. We seriously need a TOP TOP TOP WORLD CLASS striker if/when we get to champions league next year.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:25 pm

djfawnz wrote:

+1.

Good quick thinking Luca, i would like to add to that if yoou also agree with me.

For me, Matri is a great striker, he has really clinical finishing and he doesnt need more than 3 above decent chances to score a goal. Having said that, he still not quite "there" yet. He is a striker that FINISHES plays, not start or play them. He needs a lot of support from other team mates in order for him to shine. I truly feel he can't play as a lone striker, that position is for Vucinic and/or Quag in my honest opinion. (i dont consider iaquinta or amauri part of the team).

While he will definitely score goals, he isnt the type of striker that will win the game by himself (think of cavani, rossi, aguero, tevez, etc). He's great, but he is not Juventus's "it" striker. We seriously need a TOP TOP TOP WORLD CLASS striker if/when we get to champions league next year.

Hmmm.. I agree that Matri is quite efficient, and we already agreed he isn't a lone striker and I agree with your part about players like Aguero/Cavani.

Overall good points, I agree with mostly everything cheers

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down