Evra Accuses Suarez of Making Racist Comments?

+53
zizzle
Charrua
Adit
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
azzurres
free_cat
Nishankly
Arquitecto
Abramovich
Be/\/ceCALI
Lord Hades
baresi
InterMalia
Emaharg
Albiceleste
Le Samourai
Fadi
guest7
Lord Spencer
Lord Awesome
BeautifulGame
B-Mac
RuthlesGangstaDef:villin
Giovanni10
Highburied
Zealous
justdoit_
archwooohh
Guiltybystander
El Chelsea Fuerte
che
Magricos
Raptorgunner
Dnmac4
xabi
Vibe
Lex
BarrileteCosmico
Artemis
cyberman
Amar
Seppuku
RedOranje
IAmManUnited
RED
Ganso
Art Morte
RealGunner
Sushi Master
EarlyPrototype
OLpower
Gil
57 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Evra Accuses Suarez of Making Racist Comments? - Page 6 Empty Re: Evra Accuses Suarez of Making Racist Comments?

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:43 pm

cyberman wrote:im sure the sarky arsenal fans favour was exactly the audience evra hoped to get on his side..

evra appreciates your backing..

Regardless of which team I support, I don't think I could every like Patrice Evra as a person, even if I was a hardcore UTD fan like yourself.

Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Evra Accuses Suarez of Making Racist Comments? - Page 6 Empty Re: Evra Accuses Suarez of Making Racist Comments?

Post by Arquitecto Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:51 pm

Does anyone actually believe this?

Aside from splaying fallacious controversy in the EPL with his previous BS accusations, Evra also happened to be part of the largest trouble-makers in France's team to the world cup.

Evra: " Poor me, the world against me, why me? why not me? why not andre pierre gignac or that schlub O shea?"
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:53 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
cyberman wrote:
whys it ironic?

telling the truth and getting racially abused are miles apart

haha, yeah maybe you think he was telling the truth, but as a professional athlete, you don't say something like that about any team unless you're shameless and have 0 class. What if after Barca 5-0 Real, Messi said "RM is shittier than us, and won't win the league as long as we're around"- that claim could possibly be the truth, but it doesn't mean you have to be totally classless and say that to the public.

It's ironic because you can't make that claim about a whole team, especially when things aren't going well for them, then cry to the media when someone supposedly calls you a "NigNog" .. I mean, really? You see nothing pathetic about what Evra did? Very childish behavior.

I seriously doubt he was really that offended by what Suarez said, but rather he just wants to stir shit up and get him in trouble.

It's like the kid who beats you 1on1 in basketball then rubs it in your face all day, but goes crying to the principal when someone insults him. It's easy to act like such a big shot when you're in the winning team. All I am saying is this: If you can dish it out time and time again, you better be able to take it as well. Plain and Simple.

I really like your posting ans style, you look like a solid poster.

Welcome aboard.
You will learn to ignore/love Cyber in due time. He has super bias for the EPL and ManU.

Evra Accuses Suarez of Making Racist Comments? - Page 6 CopyofWelcomeAboard
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:00 pm

hold on a minute.
calling a spade a spade after soundly beating arsenal is in no way related to suffering racist abuse

i cant believe i just read that

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:46 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:I really like your posting ans style, you look like a solid poster.

Welcome aboard.
You will learn to ignore/love Cyber in due time. He has super bias for the EPL and ManU.

Cool Thanks, it's good to be here. Smile

cyberman wrote:hold on a minute.
calling a spade a spade after soundly beating arsenal is in no way related to suffering racist abuse

i cant believe i just read that

Nevermind, dude.. You're missing my point. Evra should never talk sh1t again if he's going to be such a crybaby about this, but you know he won't stop.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:05 am

Gotta say Manchester United have got an amazing ability to produce total douche-bag full-backs.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:05 am

Suarez - hey Evra, Nice tackle mate!

Evra - You Mother fraking Racist c*nt >Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:30 am

So, did Suarez say racist comments? Is there any evidence?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by azzurres Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:11 pm

Arquitecto wrote:Does anyone actually believe this?

Aside from splaying fallacious controversy in the EPL with his previous BS accusations, Evra also happened to be part of the largest trouble-makers in France's team to the world cup.

Evra: " Poor me, the world against me, why me? why not me? why not andre pierre gignac or that schlub O shea?"

Which previous BS accusations ?

In 2006, racial abuse by Steve Finnan ? The accusation has been levelled by a fan, Evra even declined to complain so no race card here.

Against Chelsea and its groundman ? As the FA report says: “The two witnesses who say they heard those words directed by Mr Bethell at Mr Evra are the Manchester United first team coach Mr Mike Phelan and the goalkeeping coach Mr Richard Hartis. (...) Even if we disregard the fact that Mr Evra has never claimed to have heard such a remark on that day, it is notable that there were several other people far nearer to Mr Bethell at the critical point in time than were either Mr Phelan or Mr Hartis.”

Is there another one I may have missed ?
azzurres
azzurres
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:03 pm

free_cat wrote:So, did Suarez say racist comments? Is there any evidence?
Nothing has been produced as of yet. It is currently Evra's word against Suarez's.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:06 pm

azzurres wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Does anyone actually believe this?

Which previous BS accusations ?

In 2006, racial abuse by Steve Finnan ? The accusation has been levelled by a fan, Evra even declined to complain so no race card here.

Against Chelsea and its groundman ? As the FA report says: “The two witnesses who say they heard those words directed by Mr Bethell at Mr Evra are the Manchester United first team coach Mr Mike Phelan and the goalkeeping coach Mr Richard Hartis. (...) Even if we disregard the fact that Mr Evra has never claimed to have heard such a remark on that day, it is notable that there were several other people far nearer to Mr Bethell at the critical point in time than were either Mr Phelan or Mr Hartis.”

Is there another one I may have missed ?

Well you may just be right as the nefarious english media obviously game me a completely different idea. And yes, I should have looked more into it as although through the usual front page guff, I believed otherwise.

Well then there is the France debacle.

Anything? I highly doubt it as I would've named it.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:29 pm

TTT for justice.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:08 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/13/luis-suarez-patrice-evra

Patrice Evra has been informed that he may have difficulty proving he was the victim of racial abuse from Luis Suárez, because of a counter-argument that certain variations of the N-word are not deemed offensive where the Liverpool player grew up, in Uruguay.

"Negrito", for example, could have shocking connotations for someone without full knowledge of the nuances of the language. But the counter-argument is that this is one of several derivations that are used in many countries, with no derogatory meaning – often in the same way someone could be called "pal" or "mate".

An illustration of this comes in the form of the message Dani Pacheco, the Liverpool player who is currently on loan at Rayo Vallecano, sent to his Spain Under-21 team-mate Thiago Alcântara via Twitter on Friday. It begins: "Negrito, enjoy yourself …"

This was a conversation between two friends. In Uruguay, it is quite common for commentators to use the same word to describe Premier League players.

The latest revelations throw up the possibility that both players have given a legitimate account of what happened, rather than it being a case of one man's word against another.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:29 pm

i really don't think that's tangible... if suarez really did say something for some reason i don't think he intended it to be "mate"
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:38 pm

che wrote:i really don't think that's tangible... if suarez really did say something for some reason i don't think he intended it to be "mate"

Same here. Not saying he did abuse Evra but I don't buy the "mate" thing.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:43 pm

I already mentioned that in this thread: people here in Latin America use those type of words as nick names, and no one bats an eye.

Hell, it can even be used as an affectionate name in a relationship, the equivalent of "sweetheart" or "honey".

'Course, Evra would never know this and Suarez probably not give a shit he's not in Uruguay anymore.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:57 pm

I'm getting that part but Suarez and Evra weren't having coffee at Starbucks. It was in the middle of an intense game.

Again I'm not siding with Evra it's just that I don't think this necessarily proves Suarez's innocence.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I think it's just one of those "lost in translation" situations.

I'm sure Evra swears in French all the time and the players themselves are usually taking jabs at each other, but that's just part of 22 sweaty men looking to win.

The point is Suarez never meant it as a racist insult. It's all highly exaggerated by Evra, IMO.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 pm

che wrote:i really don't think that's tangible... if suarez really did say something for some reason i don't think he intended it to be "mate"

Why not?

I could very easily imagine Suarez saying something like "hey mate, what's wrong with you? I'm nutmegging you all the time".

I'm sure Suarez wasn't complimenting Evra, but it doesn't appear to me he was trying to be racist at all.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:45 pm

so weve gone from evra is a liar, wheres the proof?
to i said it, but its a cultural misunderstanding

The two players were arguing at the time and it is beyond argument that Suárez was trying to wind up his opponent, but the crux of the matter is the meaning of whatever was said and differentiating between something that would not be offensive in one country but shocking in another.

he was trying tto wund him up but didnt mean to use it in a derogatory way?
i guess after the 5th out of 10 times he used it, he thought evras shock and fury was ironic?

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:52 pm

Where's the proof Suarez was trying to wind him up? The equivalent in Spanish would be "bug off, buddy".

Nevermind there are plenty of colored people in Uruguay and his NT, apart from Johnson being black himself. It makes no sence he used it in a racist content.

I wonder why Hernandez who knows Spanish hasn't said anything.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:25 pm

cyberman wrote:so weve gone from evra is a liar, wheres the proof?
to i said it, but its a cultural misunderstanding

The two players were arguing at the time and it is beyond argument that Suárez was trying to wind up his opponent, but the crux of the matter is the meaning of whatever was said and differentiating between something that would not be offensive in one country but shocking in another.

he was trying tto wund him up but didnt mean to use it in a derogatory way?
i guess after the 5th out of 10 times he used it, he thought evras shock and fury was ironic?

If you went to play a game of football in Uruguay and said to your opponent "hey, mate, you're not very good at this, are you?" would you like to be accused of racism?

Winding a person up and being racist are not the same.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:30 pm

The FA has today charged Liverpool’s Luis Suarez following an incident that occurred during the Liverpool versus Manchester United fixture at Anfield on 15 October 2011.

It is alleged that Suarez used abusive and/or insulting words and/or behaviour towards Manchester United’s Patrice Evra contrary to FA rules.

It is further alleged that this included a reference to the ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race of Patrice Evra.

The FA will issue no further comment at this time.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:32 pm

I really hope FA shows the evidence otherwise its a BS call.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:34 pm

He is charged with what?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:35 pm

that's it then, lifetime ban and a eleventy billion dollar fine

NOONE INSULTS MANCHESTER UNITED UNDER FA'S WATCH!!!
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next