Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Footballers who smoke herb - Page 4 Empty Re: Footballers who smoke herb

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:16 pm

My life was actually much worse before I started smoking weed. I hated high school, as I was very shy and quiet in high school, was insecure and had bad anxiety. I smoked weed for the first time when starting community college and did pretty well academically, made many new friends and started working out and I look and feel much better now.

People really need to learn and experiment with weed before their opinion will carry any sort of weight, imo. Too much of anything is bad for you, but if you know how and when to use it, it can work wonders. Smoking weed will not make you stupid, it's just that a lot of idiots smoke and since they have no self-control/don't care, they let it ruin their lives which people usually mistake as the weed's fault, and not the individual's.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:28 pm

I'd also like to add that marijuana being a 'gateway drug' is complete bullshit. If that were true, then caffeine must also be a gateway drug.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:40 pm

@Be/\/ceCALI: I am not generalizing that all people who smoke weed turn into huge addicts and kill their brain cells.

I just know more of them who have as opposed to not, but one my closest friends smokes about once a month, if that, and he is a smart and dedicated student.

I am not completely uneducated...but all of you saying it is completely harmless are just deluding yourself. There are ways, possibly, that reduce it, but not completely.
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:41 pm

"Besides, I think if I was "still a kid probably jsut left school or is still in school" I would not be talking like a teacher, who educates said students."

There is no paradox there, you uppity little prude.

Get off your high horse. I hate a person who belittles others.

And to who ever asked, I live in Canada, and go to UoT law.
Artemis
Artemis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Artemis wrote:"Besides, I think if I was "still a kid probably jsut left school or is still in school" I would not be talking like a teacher, who educates said students."

There is no paradox there, you uppity little prude.

Get off your high horse. I hate a person who belittles others.

And to who ever asked, I live in Canada, and go to UoT law.

I am not trying to be a prude in the least...

I am not trying to belittle anyone. Defending myself after being called a child is attempting to belittle others ?

I am also at UofT...
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasmenger Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Anybody seen The Onion: The Business Behind Getting High...? Great documentary if you want to educate yourselves on the topic a bit.
nicholasmenger
nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:07 pm

nicholasmenger wrote:Anybody seen The Onion: The Business Behind Getting High...? Great documentary if you want to educate yourselves on the topic a bit.

Union you mean?
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:08 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:@Be/\/ceCALI: I am not generalizing that all people who smoke weed turn into huge addicts and kill their brain cells.

I just know more of them who have as opposed to not, but one my closest friends smokes about once a month, if that, and he is a smart and dedicated student.

I am not completely uneducated...but all of you saying it is completely harmless are just deluding yourself. There are ways, possibly, that reduce it, but not completely.

I understand. All I am trying to say, though, is that weed affects everyone differently and you need to try it out before you can make a valid analyzation. It's definitely not for everyone. I have been smoking for few years now and have also seen many burnouts and complete losers who smoke all the time. In the end it will always come down to your level of responsibility and self-control.

It is much safer than alcohol, though. Alcohol impairs your judgment massively to a point where you can't drive properly or think properly when you're drunk. It also is a depressant so if you're unhappy with life and start to drink to feel better, you will only end up feeling worse and more violent, possible suicidal. Weed is the opposite, and driving while stoned is not 1/100th as dangerous as driving while drunk. Alcohol is a poison, while THC is not, but because it is legal and more accepted by the public, people see it as less dangerous. Drinking too much alcohol can make you throw up, because your body naturally feels like it's been poisoned and needs to clear it out. In worst cases, it can even kill you. Marijuana cannot kill you, no matter how much you consume. People can argue that smoking is bad for your lungs, which is a fact compared to the liver damage alcohol will cause, it is nothing and there are more ways to consume it than smoking.

Neither weed or alcohol are good to do all the time. Both should be used to unwind and take the edge off. There is a time and place for both. When I want to be more social and am going out and meeting new people, there is no doubt i'd rather drink. If I am by myself relaxing at home, then smoking > drinking. Sure, a glass of red wine with dinner is healthy, but not because of the alcohol but because of the resveratrol found in the wine which helps reverse aging (and you can just buy that and take 1 resveratrol pill a day to get the same effect)

If you have to do one recreationally, then marijuana is WAY safer than alcohol.

Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:09 pm

The proof is in the pudding, look at all the intellectual and intelligent posters from goal legacy who smoke and we're always willing to educate those who don't know any better :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by nicholasmenger Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:14 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:
nicholasmenger wrote:Anybody seen The Onion: The Business Behind Getting High...? Great documentary if you want to educate yourselves on the topic a bit.

Union you mean?

I do.

I hope no one got too confused with a completely different letter in there.
nicholasmenger
nicholasmenger
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:36 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
Luca wrote:
Artemis wrote:"Yes, I mean, if you can trust a drug dealer, you can trust about anyone !

Nobody intellectually advanced or well-to-do does drugs. Fact. "

Law student here. I have smoked for a while.

You sound like a very, very sheltered individual.

law as in law school or law related undergrad program?
legal studies student here, and yeah you're right
you're throwing a lot of generalizations out there Nick which aren't facts just views
i personally stay away from the stuff but there is a lot worse things

Granted, I know there are worse things than it. It is probably the least harmful drug.

@Artemis: prove me wrong then.

If anyone can tell me why people who do not do drugs say it is bad and only the people who DO drugs say it is good, I will be sold.

Doctors, etc. who do not do them say it is bad.
Potheads who do it say it is harmless.

Hmm... :coffee:
weed is the best thing EVER that could have happened to man kind, when I first had the chance I never thought twice, I was like YEEEEEEES.

At first I started it once a week, when I found out how much better I am at FIFA when I am high I started smoking it whenever I want to play FIFA, before noticing it I started playing FIFA more often to smoke more often. :lol!:

Two years ago I got a VERY VERY VERY good job and had to stop for it, I miss it.
@ Juvenc
Get a clue and read about about G13.

PS For those who can get their hands on some G13 should not pass the oppurtunity. Its worth every single penny you pay for it.

lol at south park is not funny, I dont know what is then.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:50 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:Had no idea...I am just going by what I was taught, really. Had no experience with it. Most I saw was at a Tiesto concert, but it was the day after 4/20 so I imagine most people were not using drugs...mainly because the occasional users already filled their quota for the month and the hardcore ones were taking ecstasy anyway.

Besides, I get drug tested sometimes...depends where I play.
I can assure you it was a bit more than buds if it was a Tiesto Laughing
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Im on course to finish my undergrad by next year, going to spain in january, italy in the summer, internship in the city after undergrad, and goin back to grad school after that. I play intramural sports 3 times a week, and go to the gym 3 times a week. My GPA is 3.5 and I hardly give or ever have given half of my effort in school. I smoke herb everyday.

It's all about the person, people just blame weed like they blame the government, chance, god, fate, horoscopes, or whatever you wanna believe.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Maradona
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by gunner1987 Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:51 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:Im on course to finish my undergrad by next year, going to spain in january, italy in the summer, internship in the city after undergrad, and goin back to grad school after that. I play intramural sports 3 times a week, and go to the gym 3 times a week. My GPA is 3.5 and I hardly give or ever have given half of my effort in school. I smoke herb everyday.

It's all about the person, people just blame weed like they blame the government, chance, god, fate, horoscopes, or whatever you wanna believe.

Exactly. I smoked a ton of weed all throughout college (among the drinking and other drugs I have done...) graduated on time, and now have a decent paying job for a new grad.

And I still smoke weed everyday.

Eat food with way too much cholesterol, every single day and never excercise? Guess what- you are probably going to die of a heart attack. Drink a bottle of whiskey everyday? Yeah, your liver will probably fail. roll your face off at the clubs 5 nights a week? Uh oh, your brain is probably going to have a huge hole in it.

Bottom line- enjoy things in moderation. except weed, which you can enjoy every single day Very Happy

gunner1987
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Well this wasn't what I tried to *spark*, but yeah people. Why such negativity towards herb? I'm not saying it will improve your health but in moderation it is not nearly as unhealthy as cigarettes or alcohol (2 perfectly legal things) nor as addictive (I've never hears of one, but if a cannabis "addict" exists, than he/she is a joke). And here in California the medical stuff is not the same shady street pot either.

"Gateway drug" is complete BS, it really all ones down to the individual. I for one have no interest in actual drugs whatsoever and I know MANY who share that sentiment.

All im saying is if ppl do hard stuff, its on them. I'm no one to judge, I'm just gonna do mine and they will do them. And maradona was a cokehead BTW.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:22 pm

gunner1987 wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:Im on course to finish my undergrad by next year, going to spain in january, italy in the summer, internship in the city after undergrad, and goin back to grad school after that. I play intramural sports 3 times a week, and go to the gym 3 times a week. My GPA is 3.5 and I hardly give or ever have given half of my effort in school. I smoke herb everyday.

Exactly. I smoked a ton of weed all throughout college (among the drinking and other drugs I have done...) graduated on time, and now have a decent paying job for a new grad.

And I still smoke weed everyday.

Eat food with way too much cholesterol, every single day and never excercise? Guess what- you are probably going to die of a heart attack. Drink a bottle of whiskey everyday? Yeah, your liver will probably fail. roll your face off at the clubs 5 nights a week? Uh oh, your brain is probably going to have a huge hole in it.
This. There's many bad things for you, and when consider herb, its lower in the pecking order than some other things.

Bottom line- enjoy things in moderation. except weed, which you can enjoy every single day Very Happy
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DagenhamDave Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:48 pm

baresi wrote:

@ Juvenc
Get a clue and read about about G13.

PS For those who can get their hands on some G13 should not pass the oppurtunity. Its worth every single penny you pay for it.

when i was in Amsterdam a year ago i got a couple of grams of this from Amnesia coffeeshop. this shit destroys you. i've been blazing everyday for the last ten years and i was not prepared for this strain. smoked a fat rip of this in the hotel room and passed out before i finished smoking it. woke up next morning with half a spliff on my chest lol. to be honest i think its a bit too strong for me i prefer og kush which doesnt send me to sleep just gives me a nice uplifting high.

DagenhamDave
DagenhamDave
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:03 pm

Think I'll be using the phrase "uppity little prude" from now on...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:59 pm

I consider myself a smoker, even though currently I've cut back a considerable amount recently. Weed didnt destroy my life or anything like opposers of it claim. I'll be graduating early from college in december (3 1/2 years, 7 semesters), with a 3.3 GPA, and heading to grad school next year. Just another testament against the idea that stoners are idiots.

All the arguments in opposition of marijuana are just laughable to me. If you do your own research (I'm not talking wikipedia/net fact searches) you'll discover the REAL reasons why most 'drugs' have become criminalized. That's a whole nother can of worms to open though...

Dont get me confused though, I don't go around advocating and encouraging people to smoke weed. It's your own choice to make.

lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4