RED
Yeezus
Albiceleste
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
30 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Ffs Battlefield trolls, theres only so much you can improve on using the same engine.

Besides its a totally different game in the way its played........

Its definitely not MW 2.5 atleast in gameplay its nothing alike the maps are much bigger and there are more choke points so theres still alot of action despite the increase in size.

Besides BF3, Gears 3, Uncharted 3 all hardly innovated at all they just continued what made the previous iterations great with improvements and more game modes and such like......

But some how COD is the only game that gets the hate, when nearly every sequel going is the same......

As i said before i dont really care for the cod series a great deal, Gears is the series i truly love but the hate it sometimes gets is lulz.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread

Post by Albiceleste Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm skeptical about MW3 and I want to try it before I get it.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 pm

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:Ffs Battlefield trolls, theres only so much you can improve on using the same engine.

Besides its a totally different game in the way its played........

Its definitely not MW 2.5 atleast in gameplay its nothing alike the maps are much bigger and there are more choke points so theres still alot of action despite the increase in size.

Besides BF3, Gears 3, Uncharted 3 all hardly innovated at all they just continued what made the previous iterations great with improvements and more game modes and such like......

But some how COD is the only game that gets the hate, when nearly every sequel going is the same......

As i said before i dont really care for the cod series a great deal, Gears is the series i truly love but the hate it sometimes gets is lulz.

Most of the people who hate on CoD are either BF fanboys or kids who expect some kind of revolution everytime a new CoD game is released and don't care about other popular game series that fail to even reach the same standards Rolling Eyes Gears, BF, Uncharted etc don't need to make big changes in each game, because they're not even half as popular as CoD and don't receive the same amount of criticism. Noone complained about the fact that you couldn't go prone in BF2, for instance. It might not sound like a big deal, but I'm pretty certain that some people would've blown it way out of proportion if it hadn't been possible in MW2, considering it was possible in previous CoD games.

Type95 needs as much nerfing as M16A4 did in MW2. I'm not sure if it will get patched, but with it's 1 hit kill from any range, coupled with a heartbeat sensor, it's one of the best guns in the game. Use rapid fire on it, and you should win pretty much all close to mid- distance 1v1s.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:02 pm

che wrote:...because you can see how much bf3 on pc differs from bf3 on consoles and having already seen bf3 on pc compared with bc2 on consoles you'd be able to realize the massive difference between bc2 on consoles and bf3 on consoles?

if A is a lot better than B and C is slightly worse than A, logic dictates that B < C < A

please accept my sincere apologies for overestimating your intelligence, won't happen again

Wow I really didn't think that was necessary as intelligence being insulted based on a visual opinion isn't really valid.

Despite the common belief, most people don't even know that PC possess superior graphics to consoles as I myself found out just recently.

BiasedMilanfan was
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:52 pm

ppl paying money for this... smoking
then complain about how bad and alike games are smoking

Logic?
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:07 pm

fck it, I'm buying it.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:21 pm

Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 4 Mw3-weapon-list-g36

Favourite weapon, so far. I nicked someone's semi-auto weapon (FAL-like) yesterday and it seemed like a really good weapon, but I haven't unlocked it, yet.

Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 4 Fmg

Best secondary weapon, so far (akimbo). And I love the reload/swap animation Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:23 pm

COD gets shit all the time but none can deny that even if it's frustrating sometimes it's fun as hell to play

I remember staying all night up playing cod4, was really fun back then, haven't had time playing the new one though
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:23 pm

1 day away from playing the best fps ever Smile
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:27 pm

Thimmy wrote:Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 4 Mw3-weapon-list-g36

Favourite weapon, so far. I nicked someone's semi-auto weapon (FAL-like) yesterday and it seemed like a really good weapon, but I haven't unlocked it, yet.

Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Thread - Page 4 Fmg

Best secondary weapon, so far (akimbo). And I love the reload/swap animation Very Happy

My favourite so far is the pp90 havent unlocked the p90, ACR, MK14( gun you picked up) AK-47 or FAD yet tho

I agree with you in the FMG9 secondary its awesome.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:55 pm

Type 95 isn't always a one hit kill. There's pros and cons to using a burst fire weapon.

Sometimes when you're using a burst fire weapon and die you feel as if you just want to rush in there and spray everyone with an auto.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Just as I post that, I got a rapid fire burst into some guy from 2 yards and he ended up knifing me.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:30 pm

che wrote:...because you can see how much bf3 on pc differs from bf3 on consoles and having already seen bf3 on pc compared with bc2 on consoles you'd be able to realize the massive difference between bc2 on consoles and bf3 on consoles?

if A is a lot better than B and C is slightly worse than A, logic dictates that B < C < A

please accept my sincere apologies for overestimating your intelligence, won't happen again

Che, trust me, if anyone on here knows about the Battlefield series, it's me. I played BC2 to f**kin death. So when I say theres wasn't a huge improvement between BC2 and BF3... There isn't a huge improvement, if anything, BF3 is worse than BC2 since EA decided to accommodate the CoD community by adding prone and weapon sway. If your entire judgement for the game depends on the graphics, a small aspect of the game when considering the entirety of the frostbite engine, then you shouldn't be the one saying who lacks intelligence when you clearly possess none of your own
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Despite the common belief, most people don't even know that PC possess superior graphics to consoles as I myself found out just recently.

oh they do... you're probably not much into games in that case, but literally everyone who, say, has a clear preference between bf and cod series is fully aware of the graphical differences

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:

Che, trust me, if anyone on here knows about the Battlefield series, it's me. I played BC2 to f**kin death. So when I say theres wasn't a huge improvement between BC2 and BF3... There isn't a huge improvement, if anything, BF3 is worse than BC2 since EA decided to accommodate the CoD community by adding prone and weapon sway. If your entire judgement for the game depends on the graphics, a small aspect of the game when considering the entirety of the frostbite engine, then you shouldn't be the one saying who lacks intelligence when you clearly possess none of your own

sure, gameplay wise it's not a huge improvement, there's only so much you can do with a fps... but nevertheless the improvement is there, and not just graphics-wise... the sound is better, the animations are better, the map environment is a LOT more diverse than bc2's, the weapon handling feels better... sure you can attribute most of these to the engine but that's the entire point, they made changes... meanwhile mw3 is literally indistinguishable from mw2... you get different coloured guns, new kill streaks and new maps, that's about it... animations still feel like they're from the 90s, recoil is nonexistent and all guns sound like a urine stream hitting a puddle of water

mw3 is a 50 pound patch with a map pack, and by buying it you contribute towards making games that are slightly less shitty than their predecessor the industry standard
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:54 pm

I'd like to point out that i bought it of a mate for £20 who didnt want it so technically it was second hand so really iam contributing to nothing Very Happy

Refuse to buy map packs and elite aswell iam not that stupid.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 pm

FFS There's a battlefield thread for a reason. GTFO!

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:43 pm

mtfootball wrote:Just as I post that, I got a rapid fire burst into some guy from 2 yards and he ended up knifing me.

I've never gotten a hitmarker with it from close range. I do tend to get a lot of hitmarkers, in general when I'm getting shot at, though. It doesn't seem to shoot straight when someone's shooting at me, even if I aim below the waist of my opponent. It's like the flinch makes the weapon sway sideways or something.

I really like the feel of the G36, particularly with the attached silencer. It shoots fairly straight and deals a fair amount of damage. I'm not sure if it's the best gun in the game, but it's well balanced in terms of accuracy, fire-rate and damage. Have you tried to use the AK-47, yet? Stat-wise it doesn't look that good. Some guy with an AK tried to noobtube me in Search and Destroy yesterday, but it didn't kill me despite exploding right next to me. I thought he was going to finish me off by shooting me, so I just thought fk it and ran up close to him. He didn't fire, though.. instead, he looked like he was loading another tube into the gun. I soon noticed that he was using really low sensitivity, so I started running around him in circles. For some reason, he kept trying to knife me instead of shooting. I ran around him for some time, before stucking him with a semtex right before my team mates arrived Rolling Eyes Would've picked up his weapon if he hadn't been last alive. Soon after, he sent me a message saying "u suk bich" :coffee:
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:00 am

If you can find a good spot to sit yourself down at the end of a long stretch on a map, the Type 95 will be beast.
Definitely, not the best gun for close range but it can still get the job done if your reflexes are quick enough
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:02 am

Btw if anyones wondering why your connection is failing, turn theatre mode off .....

Its the source of all the problems you should be getting lag free games now provided ofcourse the host isnt awful.....

I wish i found this out sooner lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:08 am

I know I have the word 'biased' in my name but I just cannot fathom the bias Che has against CoD.

You wanna know why Modern Warfare 3 is a completely different and re-imagined game than Modern Warfare 2... because the CoD series is called MODERN WARFARE. If they changed the playing style, it wouldn't be CoD or Modern Warfare. And because of that they don't have to add a whole lot. The perks are harder than ever to choose from because they're so balanced, same goes for the killstreaks. And I don't think many people give a shit about the similar graphics between MW2 and MW3. If that makes up the majority of someone opinion of the game, then they're not worth listening to.

Last edited by BiasedMilanFan3 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:09 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:Btw if anyones wondering why your connection is failing, turn theatre mode off .....

Its the source of all the problems you should be getting lag free games now provided ofcourse the host isnt awful.....

But If I got a 5 man collateral kill and theatre mode is off...

Is it worth it
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:19 am

BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:
Immaculate_Mole wrote:Btw if anyones wondering why your connection is failing, turn theatre mode off .....

Is it worth it

I got a couple of quads today on camping snipers when it was on, but its really not worth it to have it on all the time with the amount of lag and crappy hit detection i have been getting......

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:30 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
BiasedMilanFan3 wrote:

Is it worth it

I got a couple of quads today on camping snipers when it was on, but its really not worth it to have it on all the time with the amount of lag and crappy hit detection i have been getting......

The hit detection on snipers seems a bit off sometimes. Or maybe it's just lag... I think I'll turn off theatre mode the next time I play the game. Thanks for the tip, biasedmilanfan Very Happy

I'm still trying to find a weapon that sticks out from the rest. One that deals high damage and is fairly accurate. I'm starting to think that this game really is the most balanced CoD game ever, though. All of the guns really seem balanced. Type95 is one of the strongest guns in the game, but I'm more of a run and gun type of player, thus I prefer burst weapons with good mobility that deal high damage. I've unlocked just about everything on the UMP45, but its' effective range and general accuracy is far from what it was in MW2.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:10 pm

Thimmy wrote:

The hit detection on snipers seems a bit off sometimes. Or maybe it's just lag... I think I'll turn off theatre mode the next time I play the game. Thanks for the tip, biasedmilanfan Very Happy

I'm still trying to find a weapon that sticks out from the rest. One that deals high damage and is fairly accurate. I'm starting to think that this game really is the most balanced CoD game ever, though. All of the guns really seem balanced. Type95 is one of the strongest guns in the game, but I'm more of a run and gun type of player, thus I prefer burst weapons with good mobility that deal high damage. I've unlocked just about everything on the UMP45, but its' effective range and general accuracy is far from what it was in MW2.

I dont believe my name is Biasedmilanfan :coffee:

I agree with the rest you said about the balance of it, one of the reasons iam enjoying it tbh......

The only thing i really dont like is the buildings and the fact everyone hides in them but the more i play the more i get used to the maps and the more that doesnt seem a problem......

Finally unlocked the stinger missle last night so i can now start using Blast Shield and Hardline instead of Assassin and shoot down the UAV instead banana
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:18 pm

I'm loving the riot shield so much

Just walking into the enemy's hideout is the s**t
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:46 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Thimmy wrote:

I dont believe my name is Biasedmilanfan :coffee:

I agree with the rest you said about the balance of it, one of the reasons iam enjoying it tbh......

The only thing i really dont like is the buildings and the fact everyone hides in them but the more i play the more i get used to the maps and the more that doesnt seem a problem......

Finally unlocked the stinger missle last night so i can now start using Blast Shield and Hardline instead of Assassin and shoot down the UAV instead banana

Can't you just shoot it down with your assault rifle? Or have they increased the amount of damage the UAV can take before falling down?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next