AttacanteBG
35 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Pato vs Balotelli - Page 5 Empty Re: Pato vs Balotelli

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:53 pm

julias wrote:Balotelli 132 apps (club/country) 47 goals

Pato 167 apps 75 goals

Pato is averaging nearly 1 in 2 Balo just below 1 in 3 so I dont see how Balo i by far the better finisher as one guy is claiming

Pato is far quicker end of anyone who argues this is just stupid

however I do think Balo is more mature in his game, more complete at this stage of his development, Pato is explosive but also a little less refined but with his injuries its hard to develop consistently

for me now its Balo but things change quickly in football at the start of the season Balo couldn't even get a game

Pretty much what I'm saying, the finishing is pratically equal. :coffee:

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:05 pm

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo wrote:
AttacanteBG wrote:
Can also play in a 4-4-2(as in those winger roles)

So he could play Nedved position?

Read what I said, he can play on the wings.

In 4-4-2 with two strikers he can't play on the wing.

He can play in 4-3-3 but that is nowhere near to formation you wrote.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:25 pm

I do like this thread because its actually become a discussion what I dont get however are the people who dispute someone believing Pato is better its down to opinion so when someone states a different one

people need to stop trying to PROVE their OPINION its retarded
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:01 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:

Pato has better finishing and positioning.

Finishing by 0.2?
Positioning? I would beg to differ.

Balotelli can play either as a Prima or Seconda Punta.
Can play on either wings and wide forward positions.
Can also play in a 4-4-2(as in those winger roles)

Pato can't even do those positions.

I didn't say he is more versatile (or that he can play more positions). I said he has better positioning, meaning he knows where on the pitch to be, when, what runs to make, etc...
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:27 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
lszanto wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:
english_jewel wrote:I would have Pato over Balo.

It's not about who you would have, it's about who is more of the complete striker with more potential in the future. It's not about your hatrad or admiration towards players.

Still Pato.

How is he more complete?

I think he can do just about anything Balo is capable of. The only thing Balo really has over him is physique and less injury prone, but Pato has the mentality and attitude of a champion.

Mario Balotelli has a better shot from long range, better finishing, can head the ball better, can take free kicks infinitely better than Alexandre Pato can, is bigger on the ball, is more composed, and has more strength in his shot and play.

Mario Balotelli does not have the mentality and attitude of a champion ? Have you heard the guy speak or seen him play ? :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:36 pm

JuvenelCuore wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:
lszanto wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

It's not about who you would have, it's about who is more of the complete striker with more potential in the future. It's not about your hatrad or admiration towards players.

Still Pato.

How is he more complete?

I think he can do just about anything Balo is capable of. The only thing Balo really has over him is physique and less injury prone, but Pato has the mentality and attitude of a champion.

Mario Balotelli has a better shot from long range, better finishing, can head the ball better, can take free kicks infinitely better than Alexandre Pato can, is bigger on the ball, is more composed, and has more strength in his shot and play.

Mario Balotelli does not have the mentality and attitude of a champion ? Have you heard the guy speak or seen him play ? :coffee:

Yeah and he reminds me of you lol
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:44 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:
lszanto wrote:
The_ItalianFool wrote:

Still Pato.

How is he more complete?

Yeah and he reminds me of you lol

"Why always me" ? :coffee:
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:50 pm

Pato played as an inside forward in a 4-3-3 for an entire season and has covered for us as a centre-forward on numerous occasions, so I'm not sure where this idea of Pato not being able to cover several positions is coming from.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:30 am

I know, but I think I would rather have Pato in my team. Doesn't mean he's better though.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:44 am

Balotelli and Pato are two great players with definite potential, however, there are a few claims on this thread that are just rubbish and have nothing substantial to back them up...

1. That Pato can't play many positions. Under Ancelotti he predominantly played as a CF, under Leonardo and Allegri he also has played as a wide forward in a 4-3-3.
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/pato/profil/spieler_37579.html
For the record, I think that the discussion was meant to be about 'positioning' anyway, as opposed to which positions they can play.

2. Comparing Balotelli at the moment with Pato at the moment is simply an unfair matchup. Pato hasn't been playing for quite a while. If you're going to do any statistical comparisons, it has to be Pato last season with Balotelli this season, not because that advantages Pato, but because that is when both players were uninjured and at their best.
(i've done this and provided a source on pg. 3 of this thread)

3. Balotelli clearly has well-documented attitude problems. I don't know how you can dispute that. Mancini: "The problem is because of his age, he can make some mistakes. He's Mario. He's crazy - but I love him because he's a good guy."
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/117618.html

4. The '0.2' finishing stat... where is this from? I calculated the difference as 0.97 (approx a goal) between Pato 10/11 and Balotelli 11/12.

I like both Pato and Balotelli, but my point is that these are two players that deserve a discussion with proof and evidence to support the claims being made. By all means, make a counter-argument against what I have said, but substantiate with something.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:48 am

No problem.

1. Makes no difference, Balotelli is no different when it comes to positioning. I can show you goals for example, the one he scored against Everton where he positioned himself perfectly with Aguero and finished with a great goal right from the bottom corner 25 years out, or the one he scored against Birginham where he made a run into the box, found open space to make himself open and scored a great goal. Now if you want to see those goals, search them because I'm not going to go search them myself. Now as for their positions, Balotelli is more of a verstale player who has done it more than Pato. Balotelli can be used as a Centreforward, Seconda Punta, Wide Forward, Winger, Trequartista .

2. Who on earth is comparing Balotelli with Pato now? Who ever is, has their own view on the issue. I'm comparing both players within now and the past. Now that being said, Pato was given more chances and fine he did what he had to do, Balotelli got less chances and did what he had to do. Won it all, within cups unlike Pato. Has broken records in Italy and is being compared to Baggio. Records in which he was the best youth in EPL, records as he is the best U20 player in Italy.

3. His Altitude is irrelavent. Why? because it's because of his altitude and personality in which he performs this good. Thats who he is, and for your information he has matured tremendously. Anyways, Prandelli said it right. "It's not about what you do outside of the pitch, it's what you do in the pitch". And that is what counts.

4. Even better, thanks for telling me that 0.1 is the stat that differs from both their finishing... there's no way we can claim Pato is the better player with an advantage of 0.1...

Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:59 am

You keep saying Balotelli didnt get chances.... he had chances, maybe not as many. He didnt get chances for a reason, he didn't warrant them. I know he was behind 2 great strikers, but that doesnt make what Pato did irrelevant. Pato was competing with other good strikers as well, managed to earn the spot and respond with good performances and goals.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:00 am

And Balotelli's attitude has been a problem on the pitch many times already, it is certainly not irrelevant.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:06 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:You keep saying Balotelli didnt get chances.... he had chances, maybe not as many. He didnt get chances for a reason, he didn't warrant them. I know he was behind 2 great strikers, but that doesnt make what Pato did irrelevant. Pato was competing with other good strikers as well, managed to earn the spot and respond with good performances and goals.

False Fab, I never claimed Balotelli never got chances. I said, Balotelli was given the same amount of chances as Pato had. Who's saying what Pato did is irrelavent? I never did, I'm saying that in comparing their chances, Balotelli has proven himself and so has Pato. Just like right now with Man City and Tevez being absent, just like in the past from his promotion to the senior side back with Mancini and making himself one of the best youth products Italy has.

The_ItalianFool wrote:And Balotelli's attitude has been a problem on the pitch many times already, it is certainly not irrelevant.

When was this? Two years ago? With Inter and Barca...? Balotelli is changed now. When was the last time, Balotelli's altitude created chaos? This season? I think not. Last season? One red card...? A wink to the eye to Ferdinand? Thats it?

Please Fab, tell me when his attitude was a problem for Man City.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:11 am

I dont follow Man City closely, but the goal he blew with the stupid backheel comes to mind. I dont buy that "I thought it was offsides" excuse. Either way, one good streak of form doesnt make him better than Pato who has been more proven.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:55 am

The_ItalianFool wrote:I dont follow Man City closely, but the goal he blew with the stupid backheel comes to mind. I dont buy that "I thought it was offsides" excuse. Either way, one good streak of form doesnt make him better than Pato who has been more proven.

You don't have to buy it, it's true. You can believe what you want though. Anywho, that was a friendly.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:58 am

I can agree that his attitude isn't a problem in this disccusion. Because his attitude amongs other thing makes him good player.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:25 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:I can agree that his attitude isn't a problem in this disccusion. Because his attitude amongs other thing makes him good player.

+1
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:56 pm

lol Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo i have felling you think Balo will go to Juve. DOn't bother, I tried but failed on football manager.... Sad
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:20 pm

jibers wrote:lol Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo i have felling you think Balo will go to Juve. DOn't bother, I tried but failed on football manager.... Sad

Nah, it has nothing to do with Juve lol
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:23 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:I can agree that his attitude isn't a problem in this disccusion. Because his attitude amongs other thing makes him good player.

Elaborate?
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AttacanteBG Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:30 pm

He is confident in his ability, he wants to compete with best player out there. I think jis attitude separetes him from players with the similar talent that fade away.

Also he had his problems and did a lot of stupid things. He must understand that he have to back up his attitude with good perfromances on pitch, if he does that he will be one of the best.
AttacanteBG
AttacanteBG
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:35 pm

AttacanteBG wrote:He is confident in his ability, he wants to compete with best player out there. I think jis attitude separetes him from players with the similar talent that fade away.

Also he had his problems and did a lot of stupid things. He must understand that he have to back up his attitude with good perfromances on pitch, if he does that he will be one of the best.

IF he does that, then he MIGHT be the best...

As of now his attitude doesnt help him, that really just doesnt make sense to me.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:17 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:I dont follow Man City closely, but the goal he blew with the stupid backheel comes to mind. I dont buy that "I thought it was offsides" excuse. Either way, one good streak of form doesnt make him better than Pato who has been more proven.
That was a friendly :facepalm:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:50 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
That was a friendly :facepalm:

:bow:
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Fab let's face it, your dislike towards Balotelli is just bias on this topic.
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Camurrìa.Sto.Stronzo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next