chaval
Sushi Master
Lord Awesome
RealGunner
Babun
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

More proof, EPL in decline! Empty More proof, EPL in decline!

Post by Babun Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:48 pm

Man City is destryoing any team that faces them in EPL. In CL, they couldn't defeat Bayern or Napoli. While Bayern is somewhat strong, Napoli is just a regular Serie A top team. It's not one off. If Man City fails to win their next encounters against those two what would it say about EPL? Very Happy
Second best league after La Liga? I think Valencia or Bilbao would have no problem defeating City because they have the needed personnel in midfield Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

More proof, EPL in decline! Empty Re: More proof, EPL in decline!

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:49 pm

inferiority complex ^
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:50 pm

Silva + Aguero = Win. :coffee:
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:53 pm

And we have Dortmund beating Bayern on their doorstep, Arsenal linked with Reus, Goetze linked with every club in existance, Bayern gunning with Madrid and Barca moneywise, and small teams regularly beating larger ones...

Bundesliga is the best league in the world, obviously.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:inferiority complex ^
? eco smile

I felt the superiority complex... eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Man City struggled to beat Villareal at home
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Grande_Milano Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:00 pm

chelsea needs new players
arsenal needs rev
liverpool needs time
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:01 pm

chaval wrote:Man City struggled to beat Villareal at home
My theory, a top team with a half decent midfield can beat them without problems Very Happy EPL don't have lots of technical midfielders, other leagues do eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:01 pm

Grande_Milano wrote:chelsea needs new players
arsenal needs rev
liverpool needs time
And currently? eco smile You forgot Manu, their midfield is in shambles and a rehaul still not in sight eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Clearly you haven't seen Swansea's tiki taka football :bow:

GOAT
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Ah, the ever-wise logic of

Team 1 beats Team 2
Team 3 beats Team 1
Team 3 >>> Team 2

Thumbs up
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:11 pm

bhends wrote:Clearly you haven't seen Swansea's tiki taka football :bow:

GOAT
More proof, EPL in decline! Swansea_ballet
As exciting as her? eco smile
Art Morte wrote:Ah, the ever-wise logic of

Team 1 beats Team 2
Team 3 beats Team 1
Team 3 >>> Team 2

Thumbs up
The logic, 3 encounters outside of EPL with European competition Very Happy That's the logic. You talk like they faced one opponent only. What about their EL campaign last year? eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:13 pm

Art Morte wrote:Ah, the ever-wise logic of

Team 1 beats Team 2
Team 3 beats Team 1
Team 3 >>> Team 2

Thumbs up
He makes a solid point in that ManC haven't been up against decent technical midfields, though. I have this feeling ManC are gonna find Arsenal very tough.

Nevermind them suffering against Napoli and Bayern who have very solid midfields, too. Barry and Milner aren't up to spec.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:24 pm

I'm not keen on league debates, but I just find it quite shaky an argument where one team's performances against different sides are used to analyze a number of teams who haven't played each other this season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Art Morte wrote:I'm not keen on league debates, but I just find it quite shaky an argument where one team's performances against different sides are used to analyze a number of teams who haven't played each other this season.
I get where you're coming from but the comparison holds some truth. If say a team just tops a league then their CL encounters don't matter much. The thing is Man City isn't only dominating EPL they smash every other EPL team Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:33 pm

EPL doesnt care for CL, because the real competition is in its own country.....

Why bother working hard for something, which really in the end is the inferior competition to EPL?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:40 pm

babun1024 wrote:Man City is destryoing any team that faces them in EPL. In CL, they couldn't defeat Bayern or Napoli. While Bayern is somewhat strong, Napoli is just a regular Serie A top team. It's not one off. If Man City fails to win their next encounters against those two what would it say about EPL? Very Happy
Second best league after La Liga? I think Valencia or Bilbao would have no problem defeating City because they have the needed personnel in midfield Very Happy

Well Napoli bless em wanted to play to their strengths on the counter and are actually a damn good side where as Villareal parked the bus twice. I mean I was a little surprised at their absolute zero level of ambition in Spain but there you go.

For the return leg in Naples they need to come at us a little more because they need to win and we can counter on them which suits us just fine. Now if we get the win then the final game at the etihad should be a doozy. We'll have already qualified and can come at Bayern with all guns blazing and try and win the group.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:49 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:Man City is destryoing any team that faces them in EPL. In CL, they couldn't defeat Bayern or Napoli. While Bayern is somewhat strong, Napoli is just a regular Serie A top team. It's not one off. If Man City fails to win their next encounters against those two what would it say about EPL? Very Happy

Well Napoli bless em wanted to play to their strengths on the counter and are actually a damn good side where as Villareal parked the bus twice. I mean I was a little surprised at their absolute zero level of ambition in Spain but there you go.

For the return leg in Naples they need to come at us a little more because they need to win and we can counter on them which suits us just fine. Now if we get the win then the final game at the etihad should be a doozy. We'll have already qualified and can come at Bayern with all guns blazing and try and win the group.
I like your post Very Happy
Villarreal can't really park a bus Very Happy Their midfield suffered after they lost Cazorla so they're the weakest in team in the group. Napoli on other hand are counter specialits. I doubt they'll come at you from the very start, if anything at 70th minute or in the second half in general. Italian teams are frustrating CL eco smile
Bayern miss piggy for the time being so expect them to draw or lose a game until Man City away. If the situation is like this, they'll overrun your team. The level of passing your midfield possesses and piggy>>> Yaya, I doubt Man City could do something to stop them beside one or two goals on counter eco smile

Last edited by babun1024 on Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:58 pm

babun1024 wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

Villarreal can't really park a bus Very Happy Their midfield suffered after they lost Cazorla so they're the weakest in team in the group. Napoli on other hand are counter specialits. I doubt they'll come at you from the very start, if anything at 70th minute in the second half in general. Italian teams are frustrating CL eco smile
Bayern miss piggy for the time being so expect them to draw or lose a game until Man City away. If the situation is like this, they'll overran your team. The level of passing your midfield possesses and piggy>>> Yaya, I doubt Man City could do something to stop them beside one or two goals on counter eco smile

Now i completely appreciate Bayern are the greatest team in the world and even Pele would admit his Santos side were total scrubs in comparison but if we get past Napoli then dont take it to heart but I really fancy our chances of shocking the very foundations of the footballing planet.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:01 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

Villarreal can't really park a bus Very Happy Their midfield suffered after they lost Cazorla so they're the weakest in team in the group. Napoli on other hand are counter specialits. I doubt they'll come at you from the very start, if anything at 70th minute in the second half in general. Italian teams are frustrating CL eco smile
Bayern miss piggy for the time being so expect them to draw or lose a game until Man City away. If the situation is like this, they'll overran your team. The level of passing your midfield possesses and piggy>>> Yaya, I doubt Man City could do something to stop them beside one or two goals on counter eco smile

Now i completely appreciate Bayern are the greatest team in the world and even Pele would admit his Santos side were total scrubs in comparison but if we get past Napoli then dont take it to heart but I really fancy our chances of shocking the very foundations of the footballing planet.
Nice one Very Happy
I don't think that Bayern are the strongest team but I'm sure your midfield is the weak link in your team. They're able to render all of your attackers useless eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 pm

babun1024 wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

Nice one Very Happy
I don't think that Bayern are the strongest team but I'm sure your midfield is the weak link in your team. They're able to render all of your attackers useless eco smile

Indeed.

Between them they've only scored 26 this season.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 pm

More proof, EPL in decline! 11561915
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:07 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

Nice one Very Happy

Indeed.

Approximately 0 of those being against Bayern.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:08 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:
babun1024 wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

Nice one Very Happy

Indeed.

Scoring =|= measure of quality eco smile You got my point but sitll want to soft troll eco smile Are there any other Man City fans on the board? eco smile
Also remind me, how many chances were created against Bayern by your midfield? eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by kingsofthenortheast Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Lex wrote:More proof, EPL in decline! 11561915

Laughing Laughing

kingsofthenortheast
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next