Omniscient
Adit
billionmillion
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Penaldo appreciation thread  Empty Penaldo appreciation thread

Post by billionmillion Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:05 pm

best penalty taker in the world. 16 goals and 6 of them from penalties. what a legend :bow:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Penaldo appreciation thread  Empty Re: Penaldo appreciation thread

Post by Adit Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:07 pm

Suspect
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:08 pm

+1

His penalty conversion rate must be insane. He's taken dozens and hasn't missed more than 1 in the last 2-3 years I think. Ronaldo is definitely more complete than Messi, yet another aspect that he's far superior at.

Last edited by Omniscient on Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Penaldo appreciation thread  Bow-down-together
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:08 pm

Messi would probably miss them anyway.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:09 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Missi would probably miss them anyway.
Thumbs up
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Penaldo appreciation thread  4ZuQ3
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:58 pm

6/16 is quite a lot and if 40% of Messi's goal's were penalties there would be like 500 threads about it and we would hear how much the refs are cheating for Messi and Barca.

On the other hand, I would like to know how many of the penalties Ronaldo actually won? As those are just as good as goal's from open play IMO.

My biggest pet peve about football is that the person who wins the penalty is the person who should have to take it, right? I really don't get why they let anyone take it as for 1 he wasn't the person who had to finish the scoring move in open play if he wasn't fouled and 2 it falsely represents the players impact on the game.

If they did it my way you could look at the box score and say, "oh wow, Ronaldo had a great game he won 2 penalties and converted them.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:01 pm

Ronaldo is awsome :bow:
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:02 pm

Omniscient wrote:+1

His penalty conversion rate must be insane. He's taken dozens and hasn't missed more than 1 in the last 2-3 years I think. Ronaldo is definitely more complete than Messi, yet another aspect that he's far superior at.
to be honest he is not better than higuain let alone more complete than messi. higuain with 0 penalties scored 12 goals as a sub player. if he took all penalties he would have 18 goals (3 more than messi and 8 more than ronaldo). if he played all matches 90 minutes he would have 22-24 goals now. minus penalties from ronaldo's goals he would have 10 goals. The fact shows that Higuain>Ronaldo
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:04 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
If they did it my way you could look at the box score and say, "oh wow, Ronaldo had a great game he won 2 penalties and converted them.

Actually Ronaldo was the main reason of 2nd Penalty. just look at his great pass to Higuain. he also assisted Di Maria on our 2nd goal.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:05 pm

billionmillion wrote:

to be honest he is not better than higuain let alone more complete than messi. higuain with 0 penalties scored 12 goals as a sub player. if he took all penalties he would have 18 goals (3 more than messi and 8 more than ronaldo). if he played all matches 90 minutes he would have 22-24 goals now. minus penalties from ronaldo's goals he would have 10 goals. The fact shows that Higuain>Ronaldo

So Higuain > Messi .
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:08 pm

dnmac4 wrote:6/16 is quite a lot and if 40% of Messi's goal's were penalties there would be like 500 threads about it and we would hear how much the refs are cheating for Messi and Barca.

On the other hand, I would like to know how many of the penalties Ronaldo actually won? As those are just as good as goal's from open play IMO.

My biggest pet peve about football is that the person who wins the penalty is the person who should have to take it, right? I really don't get why they let anyone take it as for 1 he wasn't the person who had to finish the scoring move in open play if he wasn't fouled and 2 it falsely represents the players impact on the game.

I actually think that isn't a bad idea. This way..if a defender somehow wins a penalty, the likelihood of him converting is less..as he can't just pass it on to the best striker in the team. Really evens out the penalty rule. I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.

And in the spirit of the thread, and not bringing messi into it..Ronaldo's efficiency from penalties has become an almost guarantee. And it's no easy feat for sure. So yeah..it's definitely something to be proud of. I almost never bother when I see Ronaldo taking a penalty, as a bulge in the net is inevitable.

And the nickname "penaldo" is gold. There's nothing like a subliminally phallic reference towards someone so rich,handsome and talented. Very Happy
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:09 pm

i'm not hating but i think this is not fair competition. ronaldo who even doesnt deserve to be in top-3 at piccici table is 1st thx to penalties. and i just feel sorry for higuain who is better scorer than cr but he sits on bench and gives all his penalties to ronaldo
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:13 pm

when does he give all the penalties to CR7 it's not like if Higgy is the best penalty taker on the team and it's Benz who is benching Higuain.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Lizard King Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:17 pm

billionmillion wrote:i'm not hating but i think this is not fair competition. ronaldo who even doesnt deserve to be in top-3 at piccici table is 1st thx to penalties. and i just feel sorry for higuain who is better scorer than cr but he sits on bench and gives all his penalties to ronaldo

It is weak. But in all fairness to Ronaldo, his goal tally at the end of last season was massive enough to reduce his penalty percentage to a minimum. It's one thing if penalties dominate his goals, and last season it started out like that..just like this season...but it's just a matter of time before he starts knocking in his own at an ungodly rate.

For now..I think it's too early to condemn him for scoring a lions share of his goals from penalties..this is definitely an end of season matter. And team's are known to have specialty/designated penalty kick takers. And ronaldo's their set-piece master. So it's always bound to him or xabi alonso..unless I'm mistaken. So it's definitely a norm. Thus, complaining about that would be just a manifestation of bitterness. I think regardless of everything..the fact that his conversion rate is so high, shouldn't be diluted by how many he takes. If anything..his conversion rate rightfully warrants the number of penalties that he takes.
The Lizard King
The Lizard King
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:33 pm

madrid as a whole deserve appreciation... incredible squad depth, even their reserve keeper scored
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:38 pm

billionmillion wrote:

What's Messi's penalty conversion rate, like 60%? His selfishness in insisting on taking every penalty already cost Barca 2 points this season. Villa is far more clinical than him, the only reason Messi takes the penalties for Barca is to compete with CR7 for the Pichichi. The best penalty taker for each team should take the penalties. CR7 is the best in Madrid. Messi isn't even top 3 for Barca.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Calebvision Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Ronaldo & Messi=all time greats
Higuain=not likely to be

Should Ronaldo decline to take the penalties? I'm a bit confused about this "accusation"!

Ronald is simply a greta player and, actually, at the moment, likely to be less self absorbed than Messi, on the field.

Calebvision
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:47 pm

Omniscient wrote:
billionmillion wrote:

What's Messi's penalty conversion rate, like 60%? His selfishness in insisting on taking every penalty already cost Barca 2 points this season. Villa is far more clinical than him, the only reason Messi takes the penalties for Barca is to compete with CR7 for the Pichichi. The best penalty taker for each team should take the penalties. CR7 is the best in Madrid. Messi isn't even top 3 for Barca.
He's missed one this season and I believe about 3-4 penalties before that. His conversion rate is over 70% I believe, also LOL at Villa being more clinical, how deluded can some Mierdadistas be :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Magricos Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:49 pm

You do realize he's talking about penalties.

Magricos
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Magricos wrote:You do realize he's talking about penalties.
He started a sentence with "Villa is far more clinical than him," :facepalm:

you're incredibly annoying

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:57 pm

billionmillion wrote:

to be honest he is not better than higuain
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:26 am

Agree with dnmac... Who wins the penalty should have to take it... I'm not a fan of players racking up their goals with penalties if they didn't draw it
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:28 am

what if khedira wins a penalty hmm
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin